Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - 6/10

2 years ago

Spookies (1986)

American independent horror comedy film. It doesn't take itself too seriously and that's good because if it would be a super serious horror movie, it wouldn't be very good. The best thing about this are all those interesting monsters. Zombies, a spider woman, the Grim Reaper, farting muck men and many many more. It's still not a good movie per se but it's definitely fun and that's good enough. Should be a cult movie by now, sadly it isn't. Check it out, though. You won't waste your time watching this.

2 years ago

๐™Ž๐™š๐™™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™‹๐™š๐™ ๐™š๐™ง ๐™‘๐™Ž ๐˜ผ๐™†๐™‹ (๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ) 10/10
https://mobile.twitter.com/reuters/status/1398358412027600900

This movie is actually real, but it is the most exciting movie you can watch in the world. The mafia, a former partner of the Turkish government, chronicles the crimes committed by relatives of government officials and the drug trade. Definitely follow if you can find the English translation.

2 years ago

Sorry to Bother You - 7/10

2 years ago

Exam - 6/10

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Filth (2013)

Scottish black comedy crime film. It's really good for what it is. Great performances, especially by James McAvoy. Amazing cast (including James McAvoy, Imogen Poots, Jamie Bell, Freddie Marsan, Jim Broadbent, Shirley Henderson and many more). Very fascinating story. It's a very scottish movie. Based on a novel by Irvine Welsh, the guy who also wrote Trainspotting. So if you're a fan of that movie, you will definitely like this one as well! Can only recommend!

2 years ago

Lost in Translation - 8/10

2 years ago*

Tolkien (2019)

American biographical drama film. It's definitely good but as a big fan of Tolkien's work I wish it was longer and showed more of his life. From a technical standpoint it's very good. Good cinematography, great cast. If you're a fan I can recommend it, but keep in mind; it might not live up to your expectations.

2 years ago

A Quiet Place Part II(2021)-Pretty decent even if unnecessary sequel. 7/10

Afterschool(2008)-Kinda like a discount Haneke film in both it's subject matter and execution. Still mighty impressive Antonio Campos made this at the age of 24. 7/10

Wakefield(2016)-Ridiculous premise but Bryan Cranston gives his all and makes even the worst writen moments pretty entertaining. 6/10

Smashed(2012)-somewhat cliched indie dramedy but great performances carry it. 6/10

2 years ago

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 8/10

2 years ago

Jubilee (1978)

British fantasy comedy-drama music film. The story is quite something. Queen Elizabeth I travels 400 years into the future into a 1970s punk dystopia. This movie is weird, to say the least. But good weird. It's definitely a cult movie and justifiably so. It's a product of it's time but at the same time it's so far ahead of it. It's definitely a very divisive movie. Either you like it and think it's pure art or you hate it and think it's pure bullshit. But I'd recommend it to everyone, just to find out if you like it or not. It's so far out of most people's comfort zone when it comes to movies, that I think that alone is making it worth the watch.

2 years ago

Dope - 6/10

2 years ago

Midnight Run (1988)

American action comedy film. Rewatched this one yesterday. It's still so good. Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin played so well off each other. Definitely check this movie out if you haven't already.

2 years ago

Fade to Black (1980)

American psychological horror comedy film. Very original story about a young guy who is obsessed with movies to a point where he snaps because he his date stands him up by accident and he starts killing people while being dressed as his favourite movie characters. I liked it a lot but it doesn't quite live up to it's full potential. The movie is still good enough for what it is. (I'd actually like to see a good remake of this.)
Funfact: Gwynne Gilford, who plays a supporting character, was pregnant during filming and the production team had to hide her stomach in most of the shots. The boy she was pregnant with is now well-known actor Chris Pine.

2 years ago

Undercover Brother - 6/10

2 years ago

Night on Earth (1991)

American-french-italian-finnish art comedy-drama anthology film. It's very slice-of-life. There are five segments, all about taxi drivers driving someone somewhere (as a taxi driver does), talking to each other and forming temporary bonds. All of them are happening at the same time. In the typical fashion of a Jarmusch movie, the cast is great. The first segment, set in Los Angeles, stars Winona Ryder and Gena Rowlands, the second one (set in New York) stars Armin Mueller-Stahl, Giancarlo Esposito and Rosie Perez, the third one (set in Paris) stars Isaach de Bankolรฉ and Bรฉatrice Dalle, the fourth one (set in Rome) stars Roberto Benigni and Paolo Bonacelli and the fifth segment (set in Helsinki) stars Kari Vรครคnรคnen, Sakari Kuosmanen, Tomi Salmela and Matti Pellonpรครค. Most of the movie is just, well... people talking. So if you like that kind of stuff, I can highly recommend this movie. I though it was fascinating. So many personalities. The stories are all very unique. I felt like a fly on the wall just listening to what they're talking about and enjoying it. You can definitely watch each segment on its own if you don't feel like watching these whole 2 hours of people just talking.

2 years ago*

Equilibrium (2002)

American science fiction action film. It's pretty good. And has lots of great action and fight sequences. The story is good as well. And just look at the cast (Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Emily Watson and more). Overall it's definitely very good for what it is, but sadly it's not talked about much. I guess it just came out at the wrong time.

2 years ago

I didn't know Christian Bale was in that.

That might explain one of the reasons I hated the movie.

2 years ago

He is the main character :D

2 years ago

That's the one where feelings and religion are forbidden and Christian Bale works for the thought police, right?

but sadly it's not talked about much.

Naw, I think that movie was fairly sucessful back in the day. Lucky Number Slevin is an amazing movie too but you don't hear people raving about it.

2 years ago

I watched Conjuring 3. It wasn't as good as the first movies.

2 years ago

The Chaser - 8/10

2 years ago

Maniac Cop (1988)

American action slasher film. Some nice stunt work and effects. You only see the mysterious killer's face about 5 minutes before the movie is over. The cast was pretty good (with some surprise cameos, too). Overall this movie just isn't very good. It takes itself too seriously, could've been more fun if it didn't. At least it's with under 90 minutes not too long for what it is.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Oldboy - 8/10

2 years ago

Maniac Cop 2 (1990)

American action slasher film. It's surprisingly good for being a sequel of an okay movie like Maniac Cop (1988). Not great or anything, but I think it's actually better than the original. Good cast, great stunts again. I'd recommend you to sit through the first one to be able to watch this (more entertaining) sequel and... well, I'll know about the 3rd one tomorrow.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.