Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Contagion 👍

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

🙂👋🇦🇺

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Rewatched Anna and the Apocalypse (2017) solely because I found the dvd at the dollar store and HAD o add it to my collection of bad movies.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

I Saw the Devil - 8/10

2 years ago

Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence (1992)

American action slasher film. Well, after watching the third one now I can say that overall the trilogy is good. It's nothing great or anything, but it's definitely enjoyable and even though I wanted it to be funnier after watching the first one now I see that it deserves not to be too silly. I mean the guy isn't even really a maniac. He got falsely convicted and then murdered in prison, so one can kinda understand his motivation a little bit. Again, great stunt work and effects. And the cast was very good as well. If you're looking for a good slasher film from the 80s, check out Maniac Cop (1988) and then watch the two sequels as well, because they're surprisingly not worse than the original. I'd say they're all equally good.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Jiu Jitsu
hard to consider this a Cage movie, he is hardly in it, yet gets top billing all the same, just to waste my fucking time. Discovering any strong points is an impossible task. Its a mess of attempts on stylistic choices, ripped off scenes and plot points, terrible dialogue from terrible actors. Its dismal, but they stretched it above the 90 min mark, i wish there was a length rule for bad movies. it's a survival film that aspires to be Predator. Cage takes a minor role of the "mentor" ,completely pointless, nothing alike you would expect, its just a way of inserting him into the film.
Not even the action is serviceable, you get stunt actors like Tony Jaa and Frank Grillo and then add terrible camera angles, terrible effects in post, add some fake camera bobbing, and there you have it, you fucked it up. WHO THE HELL SETS UP A CAMERA AGAINST THE FLOW OF THE FIGHT?
1/10
Army of the Dead
i fixed the poster to better reflect the aesthetics of the movie.
1/10

View attached image.
2 years ago

2 years ago

infinite

what. a. piece. of. shit.

i'm pretty tolerant when it comes to films, i'll find the good in almost anything, and im not overly critical, but jesus christ what a mess. like.. a 4/10. absolute shit. the people involved are better than this.

2 years ago

Couldn´t agree more - stay away from this "the divinification of Marky Mark" vehicle!
Just imagine someone pretended Highlander and The Matrix had a baby and now wants to convince you Christopher Nolan is the Daddy, except he sure isn´t. Shame on you Antoine Fuqua..
Originality - 0/10
Stupidity - 11/10
Effort - 3/10 I´ll give them that, they made a movie, technical specs are on the better side and the acting is OKish where it isn´t completely overshadowed by how bad the plot/screenplay/story is. Except for Mommy Mark, who seemingly paid for it all but that´s what you get when you and your saviour complex insist on being in the center of ... everything. I hope it will cost him dearly

2 years ago

The Host - 7/10

2 years ago

or

2 years ago

Yeah, I wanna know, too. Because The Host is great, but I haven't seen The Host yet.

2 years ago

2006 :)

2 years ago

Good. The 2013 version was awful.

2 years ago

you guys got any nice asian movie recommendations? preferably crime/thriller :)

2 years ago

Bottle Rocket (1996)

American crime comedy film. This was Wes Anderson's first feature film, but his style was already surprisingly present. It's not as Wes Anderson as his later movies, but it's clearly a Wes Anderson film. It's very good. Great cast, fun story, all around entertaining. Read up on the story behind it (it was a short film first and Wes Anderson, Owen Wilson and most of the others knew each other). The short was a hit at Sundance but when they wanted to make it into a feature film they had problems (I'm not gonna go into too much detail) but later on James Caan joined the cast and in the end the movie wasn't very commercially successful but critics love it (and Martin Scorsese named it one of his favourite movies of the 90s) and now it's considered a cult movie. So if you're a fan of Wes Anderson's work and haven't seen this one yet, absolutely check it out!

2 years ago*

2 years ago

Last movie I watched was I think Spider-Man: Far From Home when it was in theaters. I do not watch many movies...

2 years ago

Fight Club (1999)

American drama thriller film. Rewatched this one yesterday and it's still great. That's it.

2 years ago

The Red House (1947)

American mystery thriller drama film. Good story, creepy atmosphere, nice soundtrack. Edward G. Robinson was very good in this and so was the rest of the cast. Recommended!

2 years ago

Nobody 👍

2 years ago

Battle Royale - 7/10

2 years ago

Dellamorte Dellamore (1994)

Italian-french comedy horror film. It's definitely not what I thought it would be. It's way more surreal. Some of the comedy is super dry and some parts of the movie might not make a lot of sense from an in-universe standpoint, but that's just what's so charming about this movie. It's not great, but definitely memorable. It's very unique. A mix between gorey zombie horror and art film. That's not something you see very often. For that reason I can recommend this. But beware, you might not really get the movie.

2 years ago*

One thing you might not be aware of, that movie is heavily influenced by the cult Italian horror comic book Dylan Dog. So it's not so bizarre or surreal if you've read the comics.

One of the writers for the movie was none other than Tiziano Sclavi, the creator of Dylan Dog

There is also the American version of Dylan Dog, but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT EVER think about watching it. It is absolute garbage

2 years ago

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. And I'll make sure to not watch that american movie.

2 years ago

Dead Heat (1988)

American buddy cop action zombie comedy film. It's surprisingly good. Good cast (never heard of most of them but they play their characters well) and then there's the great Vincent Price, who makes that movie better the second you see him. The effects are not great, but pretty effective. Overall this movie definitely doesn't take itself too seriously and that's what makes it so good. Can recommend!

2 years ago

The Whole Truth 2016
read that it is very popular on netflix despite having average critic reviews and being unpopular during cinema run. What a surprise that it is a mediocre movie indeed. Keanu Reeves is great as always at least.

2 years ago

Holy Motors (2012)

French fantasy drama film. It's pretty surreal. Our protagonist Mr. Oscar (played by Denis Lavant) seems to be an actor who gets driven to specific locations by his associate Céline (played by Édith Scob, who played the main character in the fantastic french horror film Eyes Without a Face (1960)) where he plays a different character (with elaborate costumes and make-up) at each location, without any cameras or an actual audience. There are still people around sometimes but he doesn't play the characters for them, it's just... I don't know how to describe it. Performance art? Maybe. So he has 9 appointments for the day and each one is one segment of this film.

In the first segment Mr. Oscar plays an old woman beggar, in the second one he plays a motion capture performer and the segment ends with weird CGI serpent alien sex.

In the third segment Mr. Oscar plays Monsieur Merde, a character played by the same actor in Tokyo! (2008), an anthology film containing three segments (all filmed in Tokyo) written by three non-​Japanese directors (Michel Gondry, Leos Carax (who also directed this movie) and Bong Joon-ho). And that alone made me interested in that movie, so I've put it on my watchlist. Maybe should've watched it before this one, but I didn't know. who kidnaps a model (played by Eva Mendes) on her shoot at the graveyard. What follows is a review inside of a review because I feel like doing it like this instead of a new comment afterwards fits the surreality of the movie more.

Sága (2015)

French fantasy short film. Well, on one of the gravestones in the Monsieur Merde segment it said "Visitez mon site" and "www.vogan.fr" and on that site there was a link to this short film on vimeo. I mean... that's clever. There are more gravestones with links in that segment but this is the only one I could find that's interesting. One of the other ones (www.tobeornottobe.com) plays a half-minute loop of a road, and the rest are not working anymore, it seems. So, the short itself consists only of extreme close-up shots of a woman's face from different angles. From a cinematography point of view it's nice, very crisp looking, but that's all there is to it.

I guess stuff like that was in there to play into the surreality of the movie. Gravestones with links to actual, working (for the most part) websites on a graveyard while our main character is stomping through it, eating the flower arrangements, all accompanied by the theme to Godzilla? Yeah, that's... unusual. But it definitely fits into this movie.

As more time goes by the segments get more and more muddled into each other, you don't know when a specific segment starts or ends. And they're getting more and more surreal. I've only touched on the movie a little bit because I don't want to spoil too much. All of these segments definitely show the versatility of Denis Lavant, who plays Mr. Oscar. All in all this is great modern surrealist cinema. If you're looking for something like that, this is your movie! I can understand how some people wouldn't like it, though.

2 years ago

The Brave Little Toaster (1987)

American-British animated musical film. Good voice work, especially Thurl Ravenscroft's vocal performance as Kirby is great. That nightmare scene is pretty disturbing for a kids movie. I mean... what was up with the random creepy clown? And then the toaster is falling into a bathtub full of water? So yeah, it does have some dark and mature undertones for a movie targeted at children. But it's probably alright, since most of that stuff will go over a kid's head. Overall the movie is good for what it is. I'd say if you're a big fan of Toy Story this movie might be something for you, considering they're pretty similar.

2 years ago

Moonraker 👍

2 years ago

The Wailing - 8/10

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.