Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Batman: Bad Blood - 7/10

2 years ago

Bob le Flambeur (1956)

French gangster film. Very good movie. Not as good as the crime movies with Alain Delon that Melville also directed, but still pretty entertaining. Can't really speak about the cast since I don't really know any of these actors. The performances were good, though.

2 years ago

Justice League vs. Teen Titans - 7/10

2 years ago

Heads up. This sort of leads up to Dark and Apokalypse War.

2 years ago

i just watched Dark yesterday :) im halfway through the "new 52" and i gotta say im pretty impressed by dc animated movies :D

2 years ago

The Suicide Squad just wasn't for me, I guess. Could also be my Margot Robbie Harley Quinn allergies flaring up but I enjoyed maybe... 10% of the movie, if that.

2 years ago

Justice League Dark - 8/10

2 years ago

Wonder Woman 1984 - 10/10

2 years ago

You know, I think this might be the first person that actually liked it.

2 years ago

I like that movie too.

...but I say is 8/10

2 years ago

Stardust (2007)

British-american romantic fantasy adventure film. Surprisingly good movie. How have I not heard about it before? The story is pretty straightforward, so don't expect something like Lord of the Rings. But for what it is it's still amazing. Great characters played by a baffling amount of huge actors (Ben Barnes, Charlie Cox, Henry Cavill, Peter O'Toole, Mark Strong, Jason Flemyng, David Walliams, Michelle Pfeiffer, Claire Danes, Dexter Fletcher, Robert De Niro, Ricky Gervais, David Kelly, Mark Williams, and more!) with Ian McKellen as the Narrator (who isn't narrating that much, to be fair). Super entertaining, I honestly didn't expect the movie to be this good. I don't know if 14 year old me would've liked this more or less than I do now, but I wish I would've seen it earlier. Definitely recommended!
EDIT: And I just found out it's based on a Neil Gaiman novel. Of course I like it!

2 years ago*

Yeah I remember watching it almost a decade ago, was a pretty cool movie from what I remember.

2 years ago

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract - 6/10

2 years ago

The Last Matinee (2020)

Uruguayan-argentinian horror film. It's a love letter to italian giallos, american slashers and the movie theater experience as a whole. The first hour was alright, but the last half hour was actually good. The effects overall were great and really creative. Just a fun slasher with a fun setting. Can recommend.

2 years ago

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay - 7/10

2 years ago

The Dig (2021) - Had no expectations, positive surprise 8/10

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

2 years ago

Constantine: City of Demons - 7/10

2 years ago

To Live and Die in L.A(1985)-The story must have been cliched even amidst 80's cop dramas but Friedkin's filmmaking is overpowering enough to carry any shallow story beats. The highway chase scene alone would be worth the price of admission. 7/10

Darkest Hour(2017)-Good performances and Joe Wright can stage some virtuosic scenes but as a snapshot of Churchill it's painfully shallow and lacking nuance of any kind. 6/10

Notes on Blindness(2016)-blending documentary and fiction in a pretty interesting way,low key an arthouse movie with a heart. 7/10

Blair Witch (2016)-terrible retread of the original with next to no improvements or original ideas of it's own. 4/10

False Positive(2021)-should have been either straight horror or pitch black comedy. Committing to neither makes it a mess-not scary and not funny most of the time. 4/10

Super Dark Times(2017)-coming of age story paired up with crime drama,downright horror at times. Really weird story turns at times but I loved how bold it was in it's direction. 8/10

2 years ago*

Waiting (2005)

American independent comedy-drama film. At first it seems like some dumb college kid movie full of idiots doing idiotic things. But that's not at all what this movie is. Most of the reviews on this movie are actually by people who have worked in the restaurant industry who say this movie perfectly shows what it's actually like. Of course there are also movies like Burnt (2015) who have a similar setting, but this one is more for the normal restaurant you visit every now and then, not an expensive restaurant with multiple michelin stars. It's surprisingly fun. Not a great movie or anything, but definitely super entertaining. Recommended.

2 years ago

Fire in the Sky (1993)

American biopic science fiction mystery film. It's an alien abduction story based on true events. Those true events obviously not being an actual alien abduction, but the guy talking about it. That's what this movie is based on. You decide if you believe this to be true or not. But overall the movie was good. Entertaining and all, but nothing great.

2 years ago

Hacksaw Ridge (2016)

American-australian biographical war film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still amazing!

2 years ago

Suicide Squad. Pretty meh

2 years ago

Raya and the Last Dragon - 7/10

2 years ago

The Butterfly Effect (2004)

American science fiction thriller film. First of all I watched the Director's Cut of this movie. Just if anyone's wondering. So... this is a great movie. Fascinating plot! Yeah, I didn't watch it when I was 11 and never really thought about it afterwards. But now I have watched it and I regret that I haven't done so earlier. Really good movie. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

2 years ago

2 years ago

The Suicide Squad (2021) 7 / 10 The best in this movie is Harley Quinn

2 years ago

Die Hard 2 👍

2 years ago