Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker - 7/10

2 years ago

Space jam a new legacy. It wasn't the best movie but it was kind of entertaining to watch although i wouldn't say it was as good as the original. They put in some work but i think they just went overboard and tried too hard.

2 years ago

The Forever Purge (2021)

American dystopian action horror film. Well, luckily this is over for now. (I know there's another sequel planned, but this one just came out.) All in all the only good things I can say about the Purge franchise are: The costumes are nice. And the initial idea sounds good. Should've stayed just an idea, though. These movies are not good. Such a bad franchise. If you're not sure if you should watch them, just don't. They're surprisingly boring for what they are. Not recommended! (And after all of those, I think the second one, The Purge: Anarchy (2014) might be the best of the bunch. It's still not worth watching, though.

2 years ago

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - 7/10

2 years ago

Space Jam: A New Legacy - 6/10

2 years ago

Raya the last dragon. Really enjoy it

2 years ago

Oh, God! (1977)

American comedy film. Fun little fantasy comedy with a very good cast (George Burns, John Denver, Carl Reiner (who also directed it), Donald Pleasence, Paul Sorvino and more) delivering very believable performances. It has a pretty nice message, which is not preachy or overly religious or anything. In fact it even applies to all religions, it's very non-denominational. I appreciate that. It's about being kind to each other and taking care of the Earth, and things will work out. No need for some higher being. There might be one or not, but we shouldn't rely on it. Definitely a wholesome movie, even if you're an atheist like me. Recommended! (And a much-needed palate cleanser after those bad Purge movies from the last few days.)

2 years ago

If you liked the first, then you will LOVE the other two.

I LOVE that trilogy.

2 years ago

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - 6/10

2 years ago

Oh, God! Book II (1980)

American comedy film. It's not quite as good as the first one in my opinion. This time God needs the help of a young girl to spread his word. Again, same message as the original, but still worth the watch. Completely different cast apart from George Burns. Right now I think if I'd had to rank them "Oh, God!" would be on top and "Oh, God! Book II" would be slightly behind on second place. I'm very much looking forward to the last movie of the trilogy.

2 years ago

Oh, God! You Devil (1984)

American comedy film. In this one George Burns plays a double role. He's God again, but also Satan. And he plays them both equally well. Good story, albeit not a new concept (someone sells his soul to the devil). Ted Wass as the main character (apart from George Burns as God and George Burns as Satan) is not as... interesting as John Denver in the first and Louanne Sirota in the second movie. I still think "Oh, God!" is the best of the bunch with "Oh, God! Book II" and "Oh, God! You Devil" sharing the second place. But all in all this is a very fun trilogy. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

Told you they were good. :P

Seems I have yet to steer you wrong.

2 years ago

Justice League: The New Frontier - 6/10

2 years ago

Nobody (2021)

American action thriller film. To my surprise this is really good. I was expecting just another dumb action movie, but it's way more clever than I thought it would be. Very good cast (Bob Odenkirk, Christopher Lloyd, Connie Nielsen, RZA, Michael Ironside and more), great fight choreographies. I feel like this is what I wanted John Wick to be. I only wish this could've been just a standalone movie, but seems like they're already working on a sequel. I really hope it doesn't become generic down the road. I really liked this one. It's also directed by the same guy who directed 2015's great first person action film Hardcore Henry. Definitely recommended!

2 years ago*

Agreed, it was a pretty good movie. Didn't expect to see Christopher Lloyd in it. He was excellent!

2 years ago

The Cabin in the Woods (2011)

American horror comedy film. For the longest time I was reluctant to watch this, thinking it's just a worse copy of something like Evil Dead. Little did I know, I was very wrong. The movie's basic premise is that there are ancient gods that must be appeased with ritualistic sacrifice or they will return to destroy the world. So there are government organizations in different countries to carry out those ritualistic sacrifices. Most of them have failed, so we're focussing on the american one. A group of five young adults (representing a whore, a fool, an athlete, a scholar, and a virgin) think they're going on a fun weekend but as it turns out they're, well... not. The first hour plays out in a typical slasher fashion, at least the plot in the foreground is. You can already see the background plot with those government people, though. But the last half hour... I gotta say, it's actually great. Tons of little chambers full of every monster imaginable. Super innovative. And in a way, if you think about it, this means that every slasher movie or probably even every horror movie ever are all rituals to appease the hellgods. I was looking forward to this for a few months now (after I first heard that it's no boring old slasher like I used to think for the last ten years or so) and I was positively surprised. This is a very good horror movie and at the same time a very good parody of horrorr movies and horror movie clichés. Definitely highly recommended!

2 years ago

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse - 6/10

2 years ago

Suicide Club (2001)

Japanese independent horror film. The beginning is already shocking. There's a whole class of students going to the train station. The camera highlights a few of them and you think "this movie is called Suicide Club, so one of them is probably gonna throw herself in front of the train." The question which one is gonna do it is keeping you on the edge of your seat. And then unbelievably, all 50+ of them are stepping up to the tracks, locking hands and jumping in front of the train. Huge bloodbath. And that's just the beginning of the movie. So now there's a detective trying to find out why. Meanwhile more and more people are committing suicide. If you don't mind seeing hundreds of bloody suicides presented in a disgustingly upbeat manner ("let's kill ourselves" "yaaaaay") then watch this movie. The super realistic gore to a cutesy childrens song is also... intense. This is a very interesting movie, but definitely not something you watch for enjoyment. I've seen better movies by Sion Sono, but then again his work is often this surreal, avant-garde and controversial. Probably won't watch this one ever again. I still think it's worth watching it once, though. Oh, and if after reading my review here, you find yourself actually wanting to watch this, look for the uncut version. That's at least the one I've just seen.

2 years ago

Blood Red Sky - 7/10

2 years ago

Batman: Year One - 6/10

2 years ago

The Manchurian Candidate (2004) - 10/10
Denzel Washington did a great job

Its about soldiers being brainwashed during the war and them trying to figure out if it is real

2 years ago

Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)

American comedy-drama film. It's very good. Great cast (Kathy Bates, Jessica Tandy, Cicely Tyson and many more) delivering great performances. Very sweet but also bittersweet story. The title might not sound that appetizing (pun intended) but definitely check this one out. It's just a good time.

2 years ago

If you liked the movie, I definitely recommend the book. It's giving a lot more on some of the characters who were pushed a little to the background (especially the black and homeless characters but also some of the town folk) and it's a great portrayal of the Great Depression South. It's also hilarious and the narratives are carried along several types of stories, from regular narrative to local news and newsletters.

2 years ago

Watched the Tomorrow War yesterday... kinda mixed feeling.
While it is quite well considering picture quality, the plot has great holes.

2 years ago

Das Boot (1981)

German war film. Watched this one yesterday and I have to say... it's a masterpiece. Great cast (Jürgen Prochnow, Herbert Grönemeyer, Martin Semmelrogge, Heinz Hoenig, Uwe Ochsenknecht, Jan Fedder, Otto Sander and other great german actors you probably have never heard of outside of Germany) who are all delivering stunning performances. The movie is 3h20m long, but it doesn't get boring for a single second. You're always on the edge of your seat, even when there's no action in the scene you're just watching. It's just so intense. But obviously it should be. Imagine being on a wartime submarine. Gotta be nerve-wracking. The characters are obviously german soldiers in WWII, but they are not depicted as being evil Nazis or german heroes, they're actually depicted pretty neutrally. They're just men doing their job. Overall this is an outstanding movie. Very highly recommended! If you haven't seen it, absolutely do so. Like I said, it's a masterpiece. One of the greatest german movies of all time. Definitely the best submarine movie I've ever seen.

2 years ago

Harold and Maude (1971)

American coming-of-age dark comedy-drama film. It's about a really strange couple. One of them is a young person who is full of life and obsessed with death, the other one an elderly person who is nearing death but is obsessed with life. That juxtaposition makes for a great story. You can definitely learn from it. For example how to live life. This is a great movie and I can only recommend it!

2 years ago

All-Star Superman - 6/10

2 years ago

Children of Men - 8/10

2 years ago

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

American romantic comedy film. It's a surprisingly weird film for what it is. Good weird, quirky and all that. But still stranger than I expected it would be. Especially that party scene. But all-in-all it's a great movie. Different than what I expected. But great nevertheless. Great performances, stunning score (especially Moon River, which I didn't know was written for this movie), very interesting characters (let's not talk about Mickey Rooney).

2 years ago*

I watched the movie only after I had read the book, which I didn't think I'd like as much as I did.
Although, like most adaptations, it's missing a lot of depth, and the humor, of the original material, I still loved it.
It's unapologetically quirky as it should, and just charming. Most of its charm is owed to its excellent cast.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.