Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Free Guy (2021)

American science fiction action comedy film. Went to the cinema yesterday and watched this. It's so much fun, definitely highly recommended!

2 years ago

Legend (2015)

British-french biographical crime thriller film. Fantastic performance(s) by Tom Hardy. Fascinating story, based on real events. I was watching Tom Hardy's Bronson (2008) not too long ago and afterwards I read that the guy that movie is about knew Reginald Kray, one of the guys this movie is about. So I thought "why not watch it too?" and here I am. If you don't know about the infamous Kray twins, this is definitely a good place to start. If you like Peaky Blinders, this movie is similar. It's set in the 60s compared to Peaky Blinders' 20s and 30s, but crime is crime I guess. Can recommend.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Beckett - 6/10

2 years ago

Finally saw Bo Burnham: Inside....this dude is just great and it felt like shit when he song some of the songs because they hit close to home (especially the 30 one since I just turned 30 a few weeks ago xD)

2 years ago

Valhalla Rising (2009)

Danish-british period adventure film. Very good performance by Mads Mikkelsen, even though he has no dialogue at all. I feel like it's a pretty divisive movie. I definitely enjoyed it, but I can also see how people could not like it. It's kinda slow, which people could find boring, but I really liked the atmosphere. There are also passages that are devoid of much action, but then others that do are pretty gorey and full of action. I can recommend it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

2 years ago*

F9 - 3/10

2 years ago

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)

American sports comedy film. Just a wholesome, funny movie. Great cast (Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Sacha Baron Cohen, Amy Adams, Michael Clarke Duncan, Jane Lynch, Gary Cole and many more). Genuinely good comedy. If you haven't watched this yet, definitely do so if you simply want to have a good time. I watched the unrated version, which has some scenes the theatrical version has not but is missing others (which, after reading about them, don't feel essential to the plot). Looking at the outtakes during the end credits it feels like they definitely had fun making this movie and it shows in the finished product. All in all I can say I definitely enjoyed the movie and I don't even like NASCAR.

2 years ago

Midsommar
Should have done it sooner, but finally got to it. I really liked the camerawork, the overall looks and the stunning folk style to it. It was beautiful, and the way it treated every topic naturally, and not to linger on them just for effect, it made me feel like I've been watching a "weird" documentary.

edit: I can't even believe this, turns out most of the movie was shot less than a dozen kilometres from where I live :D

2 years ago*

My favorite movie of 2019, it's just something else. A bad trip....... in the best way!

2 years ago

Hadn't watched anything in a long time... Decided to see some movies.. Let's see :

Disney never disappoints me so I watched Cruella. And it was highly entertaining. I love when a villain is well created. It's colorful and exciting. Emma Stone does an awesome job. While it definitely does not shine in the story telling department (continuity khe khem), it balances out with the whole Cruellas character.

The newest Conjuring .. Not as memorable as the previous parts - that's for sure, but definitely a must watch for horror fans. Not much to say - I love the whole thing around and about Warrens - the mystique of them having existed. And hacks or no hacks it's enough to excite. The movie, just like all other parts, is well made and while it still bases the whole scary part on many jump scares, it still will be watched again.

Instantly went for second Quiet place .. What a disappointment it was after the first part. While the first part was more or less "popular horror", it was exciting and afterall, how can you not like Krasinski. But this part (even though I do like Emily Blunt as well) totally flopped and turned out to be basic hollywood money grabber with lame jokes, dumb characters, plot holes and just all around atmosphere of dumb and dumber.

Once etc etc Hollywod - I wouldn't call myself a fan of Tarantino, but I do enjoy his nonsense violence. While the story is entertaining it's not the most exciting movie.. Though the plot twist is pretty cool and the leading up to it is pretty intense as well. Enjoyed it and I do suggest it to others.

Irishman . What can I even say - a future classic right there. A must watch for any cinema fan.

On a more simpler note I decided to do some light movie watching with Nobody. Coming from writers of John Wick I kind of expected just another take on the same formula so I wasn't that excited, but the IMDB rating intrigued me. And I got to say - it really lived up to it. Definitely interesting choreography and most of the movie. Ending was disappointing though - they just couldn't made it more clicheic.. Made it look like Mr and Mrs Smith part 2 with your generic ass russian mob boss with no attributics aside having an accent and a lot of money. So beware - Ending can break or make it for you.

Wanted to end my sudden craving for movies with something classic - A no nonsense beat em up with Liam Neeson. So here I see Cold Pursuit. Something I haven't seen and trailer looks promising. Oh boy how wrong was I. It tries to be funny.. mix the Taken with elements of a sitcom. While I wouldn't be against that if it would have been done well, they totally missed it. Neeson can be funny.. well, more like weird, which makes you laugh because it's so untypical of him. But when you throw in bunch of two dimensional characters that are just there for comedic relief - it becomes a huge unwatchable mess. Remember how I said I love well made villains ? Well fuck this movie, because the most two dimensional character and the most horrible comedic reliefe in modern history was .. you guessed it .. the villain.

End of rant - probably going to take a break from movies for some time. Maybe take up some TV series or finally finish watching Vikings.

2 years ago*

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins - 5/10

2 years ago

Rhinoceros (1974)

American comedy film. I love The Producers (1967), so when I found out there's another movie that teams up Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel I just had to add it to my watchlist. This one, of course isn't as great at The Producers. There's a reason that became a classic and barely anyone knows this one. The concept alone might sound a bit ridiculous from the get-go. But it's much more than that. The play it's based on is often read as a response and criticism to the sudden upsurge of Fascism and Nazism during the events preceding World War II, and explores the themes of conformity, culture, fascism, responsibility, logic, mass movements, mob mentality, philosophy and morality. So yeah, the movie is way deeper than it seems. Really one to make you think. It's also funny where it needs to be and has great performances. Definitely check this one out!

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Eagle vs Shark (2007)

New Zealand romantic comedy film. Taika Waititi's directorial debut. It's awkward but that's kind of the point. It shouldn't work that well, but it does. The actors delivered very realistic performances really grounding the movie in reality. Definitely feels like a Taika Waititi movie. Really enjoyed the deadpan humor. They must've had to shoot so much of this movie multiple times. I couldn't get through most of those scenes without cracking up if I were acting in them. If you like quirky movies I can recommend this but if you can't stand awkwardness this movie probably isn't for you.

2 years ago

Personal Shopper (2016)

French-american supernatural psychological thriller film. Definitely a slow-burner, but the further the story goes, the more suspenseful it gets. That said, it isn't obvious where it's going from the get go. What comes next? You just have to continue watching to find out. Overall a good movie. Give it a chance.

2 years ago

The Suicide Squad

2 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

American fantasy martial arts action-comedy film. Rewatched this yesterday. Still such a good movie!

2 years ago

The green Knight.

It's not for everyone, I guess. While I've enjoyed the poetry in the images and the surrealism the director wants to give it... I think it's too slow and takes too many "breaks" to tell us something. Maybe a 2nd view will make me enjoy it more because I think the charm of the movie is not the last stop with the green knight but the personal trip Gawain takes... but... It's so slow, you know what the director is telling you, but he takes so many takes and long planes to do it... in a way that's not Kubrick or PT Anderson... something's missing in this movie.

2 years ago

Eden Lake (2008)

British slasher film. Well, that wasn't an easy watch. A couple are planning on having a romantic weekend getaway, during which Steve (played by Michael Fassbender) wanted to propose to Jenny (Kelly Reilly) as we later find out. Jenny would like to go to Paris, but Steve has something special in mind. An old, overgrown quarry where residential buildings are going to be built in the near future. Doesn't sound too exciting, but it turns out to be a really beautiful place. It has a nice lake with a beach. And that's what a gang of teenagers also think. They're hassling the couple a bit at first but things turn way darker very quick. I can't say I enjoyed this, it's just a very depressing movie. Very good, but nothing I wanna watch again. I'd still recommend it.

2 years ago

That one really managed to get me immersed in the situation they were in. At the end I realized I'd been tensed up for the last 45 minutes.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

My new one: The Suicide Squad. Absolutely loved every second of it, funny and I actually care about the characters. Has a bit of heart to it. Much better than I anticipated. 9/10.

2 years ago

Chasing Perfect (2019)

American documentary film. A retrospective of designer Frank Stephenson's work and life. You might not be familiar with his name, but you definitely know at least some of the cars he designed. Here are just a few of them: The modern Mini Cooper, the Ferrari F430, Maserati MC12, Ferrari FXX, the modern Fiat 500, the McLaren P1 and many more. Definitely a legend in the industry. So if you like cars and especially car design, check out this documentary.

2 years ago

Monster Hunter 8/10

2 years ago

Reminiscence - 6/10

2 years ago

Jungle Cruise (2021)

American fantasy adventure film. I didn't expect too much from this but was positively surprised. On the one hand I wasn't sure they could make a full, 2+ hour long movie with a cohesive plot from an amusement park attraction that's not Pirates of the Carribean and still have it be entertaining, which it definitely was. But on the other hand the movie just wasn't very good. I don't really know how to describe it. It had its moments, but put them all together and the end product just isn't as good as it should've been. If you have kids between 10 and 15 or you are that age yourself they/you might enjoy this. I didn't really. I also have no idea why they thought they should use Nothing Else Matters by Metallica in this movie set in the 1910s or why they can't cast a german actor who can pronounce german words when they have a prominent german character in the movie. Nothing against Jesse Plemons, I loved him in other stuff, but here he was simply miscast. So yeah, watch it if you want, but I can't recommend it.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.