Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Begin Again (2013)

American musical comedy-drama film. Despite the very good cast my expectations were kinda low. But this movie is really good. If you're in the mood for a lighthearted feelgood movie with good music, this is absolutely it! Check it out!

2 years ago

Druk - 8/10

2 years ago

I'll try to catch a screening next week, looks just artsy enough for me to be unique but engaging

2 years ago

Luca - 8/10

2 years ago

The Suicide Squad (2021): Fun. Violent. Graphic. Silly. 8/10

2 years ago

The Green Knight - 6/10

2 years ago

Silence (2016)

American-british-italian-japanese-mexican-taiwanese epic historical drama film. Why have I not watched this earlier? It has fantastic performances by a great cast (Liam Neeson, Adam Driver, Andrew Garfield) and a fascinating plot. Yes, it's almost 3 hours long, but it definitely didn't feel long and boring. I would've watched this for another hour or so if I could. During the last ~20 minutes I really felt like I'd just started watching the second act of the story. Definitely would've loved to see his life explored more. I probably don't need to mention that this movie is by Martin Scorsese, but if you didn't know, now you do. Overall this is a great movie! Highly recommended!

2 years ago

2 years ago

2 years ago

The Station Agent (2003)

American independent psychological comedy-drama film. It's good. Very slice-of-life. Great performance by a good cast, especially Peter Dinklage. If you like this type of movies, definitely check this one out. Recommended!

2 years ago

The Suicide Squad - 8/10

2 years ago

The Hangover 2 - more The Hangover, almost copy-paste script at points. Well worth on Netflix, likely was a letdown in the movies.

The Hangover 3 - I think it's a movie that was not necessary. Tried not to be the copy of a copy, but barely carried over anything from the original idea, tone, or lightheartedness. Got weirdly serious and went its way out to close the stories that were fine as they were - stag party one-off stories. So a forced 3rd entry that really tried something new, ending up with an identity problem. Not terrible, just meh, I'll forget everything about it in a week.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Ghost Story (1981)

American supernatural horror film. What a cast! Last movie role of absolute legend Fred Astaire, last movie role of absolute legend Douglas Fairbanks Jr., last movie role of the great Melvyn Douglas, and a late role of the great John Houseman. 4 huge movie legends. And the rest of the cast is also not bad. I didn't expect much from this movie, though. You know, early 80s horror movie with famous old actors but still not very well known doesn't scream "very good movie" to me. You can see the big secret from a mile away. But overall this movie is good. Nothing outstanding or anything, but with good effects, performances and scares definitely fun to watch. Can Recommend.

2 years ago*

+1 to that.

2 years ago

A Scanner Darkly - 8/10

2 years ago

The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf - 6/10

2 years ago

Life of Pi (2012)

American-british-canadian-taiwanese adventure drama film. Didn't watch it when it came out because I didn't think it would be very interesting, but boy was I wrong. It's visually beautiful and story-wise absolutely fascinating. Great effects as well. Definitely recommended!

2 years ago

Don't Breathe - 6/10

2 years ago

666 - Traue keinem, mit dem Du schläfst! (2002)

German comedy film. Watched this one yesterday. Very loosely based on a few elements from Faust by Goethe. Good cast, lots of recognizable stars in this movie. Some you may only recognize if you're german, but there are some big names in it. The gags are so-so. Some of them are about hell and one of our main characters being Mephisto II while our other main character is called Frank Faust, so they have to do a deal. Others are about Mephisto II being gay and enjoying transforming into female celebrities to have sex with Frank Faust or kinkshaming Mephisto's father, the Prince of Darkness, into accepting his gay son. Kinda cringey stuff, but early 2000's comedy was kinda shitty like that. Overall this movie had it's moments, but it's definitely not very good. Can't really recommend.

2 years ago

Blood Red Sky (2021)

German-british action horror film. One of the most original spoiler vampire movies I've seen in a while. Love that the main character's look was obviously inspired by Count Orlok from Nosferatu (1922). The 2 hours fly past seriously quick. Pun intended. Because most of the movie is set in a plane. Good performances by mostly unknown actors. Especially the child actor was very good for his age. Can't wait what he'll do in the future. All in all I can highly recommend this movie. Love the action. Definitely check it out! Go in blind if you can.

2 years ago*

Riders of Justice.

Very good.

2 years ago

Cure (1997)

Japanese horror film. Very good movie. Fascinating story. It's made by the great Kiyoshi Kurosawa and praised by international directors like Bong Joon Ho and Martin Scorsese. About the plot: There are murders happening. The same symbol shows up every time. But the murders are all commited by different people who have no recollection about what happened. So how are they connected? Can't really say much more about it without getting into spoiler territory, just watch it. Recommended!

2 years ago

I rewatched The Last Witch Hunter last night, and it just doesn't get old. Also nice to see Vin Diesel not talk about family...

2 years ago

Saw (2004). It's the last movie I saw on Steam.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

American Animals (2018)

British-american crime docudrama film. It tells the story about a crazy multimillion dollar book heist which took place in the not too distant past of the year 2004. The docudrama style in this is really fascinating. You get a normal heist film with actors like Evan Peters and Barry Keoghan but inbetween scenes you have the actual people they're portraining talk about the events the movie is depicting. Haven't really seen anything exactly like that before. Definitely helped that as a collector of antiquarian book I was interested in the story from the get-go. Definitely a hidden gem. Check it out!

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.