Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Death and Return of Superman - 7/10

2 years ago

Batman: Hush - 7/10

2 years ago

Buffalo '66 (1998)

American crime comedy-drama film. It's really good! I can't tell you why, it just is. It's about a guy who gets released from prison for something we don't know until much later in the film. He wants to go visit his parents who don't know he's been in prison. He tells them about his wife, but he doesn't actually have one. So he kidnaps a dancer and forces her to act as his wife for the visit. Over the course of the movie their relationship deepens. Very slice-of-life. That doesn't sound like much is happening but it is and it's fascinating. Definitely one of the greatest indie movies ever made. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms - 6/10

2 years ago

Meander (2020)

French science fiction horror film. Definitely an interesting concept that's worth checking out. Great set design and surprisingly good effects and gore. Very entertaining. Can recommend!

2 years ago

Reminiscence (2021)
7/10
Nice plot and VFX. Too slow.

2 years ago

The Hunter (2011)

Australian drama film. Fascinating story. It's about a hunter who is hired by a military biotech company to go to Tasmania and gather samples of the supposedly extinct Tasmanian tiger and kill the rest so no other biotech company can get their hands on the DNA. He's lodging in the home of a young mother and her two children but the local loggers don't like him very much.That alone sounds super interesting. The hunter is played by Willem Dafoe who's delivering a great performance here. Maybe a bit slow overall but I can recommend it!

2 years ago

The Importance of Being Earnest (1952)

British comedy drama film. Very posh. Interesting story. Good performances by a very good cast. All in all definitely not for everyone, but it's entertaining. And there's a big plot twist at the end. Fun movie!

2 years ago

GoodFellas (1990)

American biographical crime film. Rewatched this one yesterday and it's still a great movie!

2 years ago

AMAZING restaurant near me too. Themed by the movie complete with script displayed in it.

Last time I was there it was mobbed.

I'll just leave now.

2 years ago

That's so cool! If I ever come to New Jersey I'll make sure to go eat there.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

2 years ago

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines - 5/10

2 years ago

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999)

American crime film. Forest Whitaker is playing a mafia hitman who follows the ancient code of the samurai. Very interesting concept. Great performance by Forest Whitaker. It's a Jarmusch movie, so if you don't like his style this might not be for you, but if you do it's a very good movie!

2 years ago

Ben Hur

The original Gladiator movie where betrayal was met with vengeance. A classic and epic tale which remains contemporary with it`s theme of human dynamics of them against us, yet the unifying force of love is always there for those who seek it.

2 years ago

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War - 8/10

2 years ago

Admit it, It was brutal, AWESOME, but brutal.

2 years ago

one of the best from dc and i really didnt expect so many brutal kills :D

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One - 8/10

2 years ago

The Witch Who Came from the Sea (1976)

American psychological horror film. Well, that was not very good. The effects are pretty bad, even for the time. The acting is okay, but definitly doesn't stand out. And the plot overall is also not very deep. It's a weird movie, the mix of flashbacks and fantasies is kinda surreal. Can't say it was totally bad, because it was still entertaining, but I still can't really recommend it.

2 years ago

Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two - 7/10

2 years ago

The last of the mohicans (1992) 10/10

Watched it for like the 6th time but i couldnt resist when the soundtrack came to me on youtube

2 years ago

Jolt (2021)
It was okay, could've definitely used more gratuitous violence. I didn't really care for the 'twist', I felt like that ruined the whole point.

2 years ago

That Man from Rio (1964)

French-italian adventure film. To honour the great Jean-Paul Belmondo who sadly passed away yesterday, all my first viewings for the rest of this week will be movies of him. Starting with this one. It feels like a mix between Indiana Jones and Tintin and considering it's heavily influenced by the Tintin adventures (of course just unoffically but if you know you know) and Steven Spielberg reportedly wrote to this movie's director telling him he watched it 9 times, it makes sense. Very entertaining movie, Belmondo maybe didn't shine as much as in some of his other movies but he was still very good in this. Recommended!

2 years ago

The Brain (1969)

French-italian comedy film. Great cast. Jean-Paul Belmondo, Bourvil, David Niven, Eli Wallach and more. Such a fun movie. It's about a criminal mastermind called The Brain (played by David Niven) who wants to steal 7 million dollars of NATO funds that are being transported in a train. And he already has a great plan. But what he doesn't know is that two petty thieves (played by Belmondo and Bourvil) are also planning to steal that money. The movie definitely feels very of its time but the gags are still very funny even today. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

Escape Room: Tournament of Champions - 5/10

2 years ago

The Burglars (1971)

French-italian-american crime film. First of all, what stands out are the great stunts. There's one in particular that's incredibly dangerous (so dangerous that I have no idea who willingly insured the shoot) where Belmondo's character hides on a truck that's carrying rocks and when it unloads them down a huge slope he of course goes with them. He's tumbling and sliding and narrowly misses being hit in the head by huge, heavy rocks more often than you can count. Here's a video of it that someone posted on twitter a few days ago. https://twitter.com/PhilNobileJr/status/1434893437912899593 Watch it, it's crazy knowing someone thought "yeah, let's let our star do that really dangerous stunt". There's a reason Jean-Paul Belmondo is Jackie Chan's favourite stuntman. Apart from the stunt work the movie itself is also entertaining, maybe not the freshest concept, but with a very good cast (Belmondo, Omar Sharif and more) who deliver good performances it's definitely worth the watch.

2 years ago

Superman: Man of Tomorrow - 6/10

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.