Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Possessor (2020) - when watching this movie I was thinking about Cronenberg movies having some influence on this one, then I had a look who directed it - it was David Cronenberg son xd

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Happy Cake Veebs!

2 years ago

This might belong here: A list of all 479 movies I watched in 2021. If someone wants to compare and explore a bit.
https://www.listchallenges.com/every-movie-ive-seen-in-2021-by-currykingwurst

2 years ago

I've seen at least 136 of them - and it's an interesting list!

2 years ago

Cool. And thanks for checking it out.

2 years ago

wow. more than one movie a day. You're movie God! ;)

2 years ago

I'm just a guy who likes movies. But thanks. :D

2 years ago

Dr. No (1962)

British spy film. Well, it's 2022 and I thought I should finally fill a big hole and watch the James Bond movies. So this is the first one. It's not outstanding (and I think there will be better ones to come) but it's definitely very good and I can see why they continued making more James Bond movies after this. Can recommend!

2 years ago

The House That Jack Built (2018)

French-german-danish psychological horror thriller film. Rewatched this yesterday. It's very artistic, yet very disturbing. Matt Dillon plays the main character perfectly and you're fascinated but also repulsed by his actions. It's definitely not for the faint of heart, but if you know the kind of movies Lars von Trier makes and you haven't watched this one yet, go for it!

2 years ago

Back to the Outback - 7/10

2 years ago

From Russia with Love (1963)

British spy film. It's better than the first one in my opinion. We see more of the inner workings and I also like the setting more. Recommended, but I still think they can do (and did) better.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Goldfinger (1964)

British spy film. Okay, this one is definitely the best one so far. It's just more Bond. It has more gadgets, it has the first iconic Bond car, it has a great villain, great characters... I definitely like this the most so far. This is actually the first Bond I think is great.

2 years ago

Faszinating, how perceptions can vary from person to person.
For me Goldfinger was always the odd one out from the early Bond movies that doesn't feel like Bond at all. I mean I know it has that beautiful car scene in the alps (?) but other than that with large parts of the movie playing in what looks like rural America and all the driving and shooting it always felt more like your standard 80s police drama to me.

I know Goldfinger's ultimate goal is actually something else but it has a villian who literally makes some of his money cheating people at Bridge and smuggles gold. Always felt to me as if it was more suited to the Miami Police Department or maybe Interpol but not Bond.

On the other hand he does try to cut Bond into half with a laser so obviously he does have some supervillian qualities 😅

2 years ago

Lamb (2021) for people that like dramas mixed with folk tales.

2 years ago

2 years ago

You must be the first person I have seen that actually liked it.

2 years ago

and now youve seen two. I loved it as well. Its just a good fun lighthearted easy action with with a likable lead and some nice action sequences, which hollywood of late has somehow forgotten how to make.

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

There are not many adventure action movies. I also like Prince of Persia franchise and I have a great fondness to original Prince of Persia (1989), which was one of the first games I ever played.

2 years ago

I enjoyed it, it was not good prince of persia adaptation, but it was good adventure movie. Remained me of Pirates of Carraibean or Mummy.

2 years ago

2 years ago

The Hand of God

2 years ago

Thunderball (1965)

British spy film. This one was also very good. Not as good as Goldfinger but this was still very entertaining!

2 years ago

You Only Live Twice (1967)

British spy film. The plot is a bit more fantastical with spacecrafts, ninjas and volcano bases and such, but Roald Dahl wrote the screenplay so that might be his doing. It is kinda silly if you think about this but as a newcomer to the franchise I don't mind this too much. I did enjoy this movie. I like the cold war aspects with both the Americans and the Soviets blaming each other for the failed space missions and Blofeld as a very good villain trying to ignite another war.

2 years ago*

Matrix 4 - it was cringe!
On the other hand new Spidey is not that bad but I most liked the House of Gucci.

2 years ago

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

British spy film. The first regular non-Connery Bond. It's interesting to see how different George Lazenby portrays the character. Might have to consider that he wasn't an actor before this but I still thought he did a good job with what he was given. But I can't believe that he was 29 in this movie. I mean I'm 28. I don't look that old. Yeah, so overall I think for now this was the weakest Bond movie. Nice setting, but not having Sean Connery in this and Blofeld being portrayed by Kojak (iykyk) it doesn't feel very Bond at all. I do like the sad ending, though. Pretty melancholic for a Bond movie.

2 years ago*

Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021)
Not bad at all. Picks you up if you haven't watched the original and gives you (maybe a few too many) nostalgia moments if you have. The main character is pretty interesting and the story isn't too bad, so overall a decent popcorn flick.

2 years ago

Diamonds Are Forever (1971)

British spy film. And now Connery is back, for whatever reason. Didn't know Crispin Glover's father is also an actor but now I do know where he gets his shtick from. Interesting characters, good story, but definitely not Sean Connery's best Bond. Another actor playing Blofeld but at least now it's explained through plastic surgery. Overall I like this more than some of the Bond movies I've seen so far but less than others. At least this one had Connery again.

2 years ago

V/H/S (2012)
Pretty good effects and some creative aesthetics but terrible acting and writing kills most of it. 4/10

V/H/S/2(2013)
Safe Haven segment alone is better then the entire first film,but sadly same can't be said about anything else. 4/10

V/H/S Viral(2014)
So much more aggressively stupid and trashy then previous two it becomes more enjoyable ironically. Though I would argue the Bonehead segment is unironically good. 5/10

2 years ago

Live and Let Die (1973)

British spy film. First one with Roger Moore. Interesting to see how different he portrays the characters. But after watching all of Connery's Bond movies and now having watched the first Roger Moore one I feel like he's a more than worthy replacement. I assume that people were upset back then because nobody likes new things, but surely they quickly realized that they got a great Bond.

2 years ago

Burying the Ex (2014)

A zombie comedy shown on Horror Channel last night

When Max learns that his new live-in girlfriend, Evelyn is controlling and manipulative, he is afraid to end the relationship. However, fate occurs and Evelyn is killed in a freak accident. A couple months have passed and Max meets his dream girl, Olivia. The new romance gets tricky when Evelyn comes back from the grave and insists on continuing their once relationship by any means.

2 years ago

Don't Look Up - 9/10

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Watchmen (2009)

American superhero film. Rewatched this yesterday. I've absolutely loved it as a 16 year old when it was released, but now I see some obvious flaws. It's not a great movie, but fuck it. I still love it. Watching this yesterday did remind me that a friend of mine bought himself the deluxe edition comic a few years ago. It was a bit too expensive for me back then but I found it for a good price after watching the movie yesterday so I just bought a copy. I feel like I also should watch the HBO series some time.

2 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.