Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Matrix Reloaded (2003)

American science fiction action film. In 1999, at the age of 6, I of course didn't watch The Matrix. At age 10, when this one and Revolutions came out, I didn't watch those either, but I still distinctly remember all the marketing for them. And the hype. So, about the movie. It's different to the first one, of course. But that doesn't make it bad. I feel like this is almost on par with the original. It's definitely not far behind. And I do remember more than I thought I would from my last rewatch a few years ago.

2 years ago

The Matrix Revolutions (2003)

American science fiction action film. It's in a different league than The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded but that doesn't mean it's bad. One movie in the trilogy just has to be not as good as the rest and it happens to be this one. But it's still a good movie for what it is and still as entertaining as I remembered it. So now I'm refreshed on these movies. And in 5 hours I'll be sitting in the cinema waiting for the movie to start. I hope it's gonna be good. We'll see.

2 years ago

The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

American science fiction action film. Watched this yesterday at the cinema. First of all, this movie is very meta. Can't tell you why, because that would spoil it. It's nice to see the return of some of the characters from the previous installments mostly Neo and Trinity but Jonathan Groff (who some of you might know from Mindhunter) played his version of Agent Smith very well. It's also great to see so many cast members from Sense8 in this. There are things in this we've never seen in these movies before and some we definitely have seen. Overall I think this movie is good, but it doesn't come close to the first one (or the second one for that matter). Personally I'd rank them with the first two being pretty close to each other, Animatrix being a bit behind and Revolutions and Resurrections right behind Animatrix on the same level but for different reasons. Might need to rewatch this new one some time but for now that's how I stand. But if you like the Matrix movies just watch this one at the cinema or on HBO Max and form your own opinion. And yes, they have a post-credits scene but it's absolutely not worth sitting through the credits for it. It's just a bad pun. Don't do this to yourself.

2 years ago

Pretty much my thoughts on the movie. Except for the Groff part. I thought he and Harris were terribly miscast and ruined every scene they were in but I did like the movie in general. It was a more mature, less polished view on the Matrix world and themes, I think but I get why some people hated it (not talking about the people who hated it because they somehow discovered the Matrix movies are "woke").

Still happy to have seen it on the big screen, as I had seen the trilogy recently for the anniversary and it was a good conclusion to the Matrix world.
I liked it way more than Revolutions so it's a step up in my book.

The Sense8 cameos were cool (apparently they had planned more but Covid made it hard to travel) but WTH was that post-credits scene?? And why did they waste Christina Ricci on a cameo? She would have made a much better Smith imo

2 years ago

The Great Race (1965)

American slapstick comedy film. Great cast (Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood, Jack Lemmon, Peter Falk and many more). Lots of fun and entertaining gags. It's definitely an hommage to silent movies and it's even dedicated to Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel, the latter of whom just passed away a few months before this movie was released. There are better movies like this, for example Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines; Or, How I Flew from London to Paris in 25 Hours and 11 Minutes (1965), but this one is still definitely worth the watch. It's good, just not as good as I expected. But my expectations were pretty high, to be fair. Overall still something I can recommend.

2 years ago

The Last Duel (2021)

Didn't expect it to surprise me after Kingdom of Heaven, but it did. In a good way. Recommended.

2 years ago

Tokyo Godfathers (2003)

Japanese animated tragicomedy adventure film. Great story, very good voice acting and animation. Overall a very good christmas movie, even though it's different than what you might expect. And in the end even the title of the movie makes sense. Recommended!

2 years ago

I love this movie!

2 years ago

Holiday Inn (1942)

American musical film. Storywise it's good and of course Bing Crosby can sing well and Fred Astaire can dance well. This is also the movie the song White Christmas was written for. Not the movie White Christmas that came out 14 years later. Overall this movie is pretty good. BUT... the blackface and other stuff like that was pretty bad. Stuff like "I wanted to look pretty for today and now I have to wear blackface." Or the minstrel number. And even the one black character (played by Louise Beavers) is portrayed as pretty stereotypical. Yeah, yeah, it's a product of a different time. Still doesn't excuse it. So yeah, it's a good movie with some racist shit in it. But there are better (and less racist) christmas classics out there. I don't think I need to revisit this again.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Old
Meh, the graphic novel it was based off of was FAR better.

2 years ago

The Matrix Resurrections - 6/10

2 years ago*

De Seus' The Lorax

Surprisingly fun! I'm an adult, and never heard of Dr Seus before. It came recommended after I watched the Grinch and was like why not

2 years ago

Rare Exports Inc. (2003)

Finnish action comedy short film. Very fun little short film with a christmassy twist.

2 years ago

Rare Exports: The Official Safety Instructions (2005)

Finnish action comedy short film. Very fun sequel to the other short I just watched.

2 years ago

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

Finnish fantasy action horror film. It's super original. Or can you tell me about another movie where Santa Claus is actually a species of dangerous wild beast? While in the two short films I watched earlier Santa Clauses were trained and shipped worldwide as some kind of product in this one what you think are the Santa Clauses turn out to actually just be his elves and he's some kind of huge monster. But in the end the elves in this movie are actually trained to be Santas and shipped worldwide so it seems like chronologically the shorts come after this one. I wouldn't mind if they made another movie following this one and the shorts. I like it a lot, it's very fresh and original and pretty entertaining as well. And it's different enough to be unique. So yeah, it's a shame it's not as well known as it could be but I believe it's gonna become a true christmas classic at some point, if only more people knew of it. Of course it's not your typical christmas movie like It's a Wonderful Life (1946) or Miracle on 34th Street (1947) or stuff like that, but it's definitely still worth watching, especially around christmas. Highly recommended! But watch this one first, then the 2003 short and then the 2005 short. That's how they should be watched.

2 years ago

Don't Look Up (2021)

American satirical science fiction comedy film. If there really was a huge comet on its way to destroy the earth, would you trust politicians to do the right thing? That's the question this movie asks. Great cast (Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Rob Morgan, Jonah Hill, Mark Rylance, Tyler Perry, Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, TimothΓ©e Chalamet, Ron Perlman, Ariana Grande, Kid Cudi, Himesh Patel, Melanie Lynskey, Michael Chiklis and more) in a really good movie that's sometimes funny, sometimes shocking and often just so absurd all while you're asking yourself if the general public would really react like this if something like that actually happened. Sure "I would believe the scientists" you say. And "Nobody's gonna turn the complete destruction of our planet into some sort of political agenda", but are you sure? Are you really sure? Overall I can highly recommend this movie!

2 years ago

A movie that makes you laugh, and make you afraid, because any resemblance to reality is not a mere coincidence.
One of the best movies I watched in 2021.

2 years ago

Black Widow πŸ‘

2 years ago

The Gentlemen (2019)

2 years ago

Encanto (2021)

American computer-animated musical fantasy comedy film. Of course I'm not the target demographic for this movie, but I still thought it was good. The story was kinda predictable, but it was still entertaining. The characters were interesting, albeit a bit one-dimensional. The songs were nice, the visual style was beautiful and the animation was very good, especially the textures. So overall, if you have young kids you'd be stupid not to watch this with them, they'll probably love it.

2 years ago

good will hunting 1997
before that slumdog millionaire 2008

2 years ago

Ready or Not (2019):

A comedy horror movie that starts like a wedding movie but quiclky slips into madness. Really fun to watch, the director of photography did a really good job at capturing the manor atmosphere. Silly deaths in perspective, characters are mostly carricatural tho as you know almost nothing of them. But the main character plays well her role: you really root for her and she conveys her emotions really naturally.

I recommend it anytime :3 (Tho not below 16 cause it's quite gore and violent).

2 years ago

Beginners(2010)-7/10

C'mon C'mon(2021)-8/10

2 years ago

I, Tonya (2017)

American biographical sports black comedy film. Really good movie! Fascinating story (based on real events), great performances by a very good cast (Margot Robbie, Sebastian Stan, Allison Janney, Paul Walter Hauser and more). Overall very entertaining! Highly recommended.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Minority Report (2002)

American science fiction action film. Ever since I've watched that one Futurama episode that heavily references this movie/Philip K. Dick's short story, I knew it was right up my alley and I wanted to watch this. Now I finally got around to it, 10 years later. And I liked it a lot! I love the concept and it was executed very well. Could've been one of those movies with a great concept but a mediocre execution but it wasn't. Great cast (Tom Cruise, Colin Farrell, Max von Sydow, Peter Stormare, Lois Smith, Tim Blake Nelson and more), fascinating story, overall a great sci-fi movie! Highly recommended!

2 years ago

Ran (1985)

Japanese epic action drama film. I'm a fan of Akira Kurosawa and hadn't watched this one before so why not? It's not my favourite of his movies, I mean he made some real masterpieces. Some I just like more than this one. But it's still epic, visually stunning, the story is great, so are the performances. It's still a classic Kurosawa movie, even if it wasn't made in the 50s or 60s. It's still one of the greatest movies of all time, so I can definitely recommend this to you if you haven't already seen it. I watched it in normal HD, but I heard there's also a 4K version. That's probably even better looking. So yeah, if you're looking for one of the best movies of the 80s, here you got one.

2 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.