Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Airheads (1994)

American comedy film. Just felt like watching some Brendan Fraser, so I decided on this one. Surprised that I haven't watched it, considering it was right up my alley. And a great cast on top. Brendan Fraser, Adam Sandler, Steve Buscemi, Amy Locane, Chris Farley, Judd Nelson, Joe Mantegna, Michael McKean, Michael Richards, Ernie Hudson, David Arquette, Reg E. Cathey, Harold Ramis and more! So yeah, super entertaining movie about a rock band who just want to get their music out there. So they hijack a radio station, as you do. A really hilarious movie with a great cast and overall just a great time. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Kate & Leopold (2001)

American romantic-comedy fantasy film. It does have quite a few flaws but the rest is a nice little fantasy rom-com with a good cast (Hugh Jackman, Meg Ryan, Liev Schreiber, Natasha Lyonne, Bradley Whitford and more) so overall I'd say it's worth the watch.

1 year ago

Yip Man: Jung gik yat zin - 6/10

1 year ago

The Eight Hundred (2020) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7294150/
Evil Chinese Corporation called Tencent creates 80 million budget movie based on the 1937 conflict between Chinese and Japanese in Shanghai. A well made film and worth watch if you can handle all the patriotism during the flick.

1 year ago

Monster Hunter. Horrible.

1 year ago

Freelancers - 6/10

1 year ago

The Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
Quite a nice watch with great plotwist near the end.

1 year ago

King Charles III (2017)

British future history television film. It's pretty good to be quite honest. Tim Pigott-Smith played Charles very well, maybe more convincing than the real deal. Spoilers: This movie begins just after the Queen dies. The first words spoken by this fictional version of Charles are "At last." Now he's King. Bit of political drama about the passing of new bills and Harry's new girlfriend and in the end they force Charles to abdicate and William becomes King. Overall, mostly because of Pigott-Smith's great performance, this one is quite fascinating. Don't know how I would've felt about it if I had watched it before yesterday but right now I think it's good. Definitely for a television film.

1 year ago

my last ones were bullet train(cinema), top gun maverick (cinema), and snake eyes G.I JOE modern one, everything everywhere all at once, inglorious basterds, just finished shang chi and the legend of the ten rings this week. All probably recommended.

Instead one I just packed a bundle of my last active month of films, hope that's okay :)

1 year ago

Byzantium (2012)

American-british-irish vampire horror drama film. Very good modern vampire movie starring Saoirse Ronan, Gemma Arterton, Jonny Lee Miller, Caleb Landry Jones, Daniel Mays and more. Definitely one I can recommend!

1 year ago

Zulu - 7/10

1 year ago

1 year ago

The Man from Toronto (2022)

American action comedy film. Watched this one yesterday. It's actually surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. The action works, most of the jokes work too, Kevin Hart and Woody Harrelson work well off each other. If you wanna watch something entertaining where you can shut off your brain this is it.

1 year ago

Thirteen Lives - 7/10

1 year ago

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
5/10 probably

1 year ago

Resurrection
9/10
Surprisingly chilling and just the right amount of surreal elements made it a really effective horror with many possible meanings.

1 year ago

The Great Outdoors (1988)

American comedy film. Starring John Candy and Dan Aykroyd, this John Hughes-written comedy achieves what it wants to achieve, being an entertaining family film with great leads and a fun story. It's not much more than that, but it's definitely worth watching, even for John Candy and Dan Aykroyd alone.

1 year ago

Really liked VHS 94, honestly i don't even know how related these movies are. The 2 originals are very similar, viral is well...not found footage, and 94 is definitely more campy
V/H/S
definitely influenced by Blair Witch, its the classic found footage. Authentic, grounded, really boring and embarrassing, just creepy enough to make you uncomfortable but not too much that spoils the sudden switch from the mundane to the more brutal or paranormal events that occur at the end.
the Slender inspired segment was really bad, it just doesn't fit well.
Amateur Night - 4/10
Second Honeymoon - 6/10
Tuesday the 17th - 2/10
The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger - 5/10
10/31/98 - lol/10

V/H/S 2
more of the same, Liked this one better, but it's a bit all over
Safe haven seems the most complete story, not sure how you combine documentary with found footage, but it was cool.
But seriously who is going to buy a documentary with barely discernible footage?
The man himself, creator of blair witch directed a segment, and i really hate it
And Alien Abduction was a case of all build up, no structure, and suddenly...LOOK ALIENS!!!
Tape 49 - better frame still weak conection between stories
Phase I Clinical Trials - 6/10
A Ride in the Park - 3/10
Safe Haven - 8/10
Slumber Party - 4/10

V/H/S Viral
multiple camera angles, more fake filters, shaky camera, music and sound effects, how is this found footage and how does it stand apart?
its poorly paced, its not grounded, doesn't isolate your view through one camera in a small group of characters, it doesnt really work that well as an horror.
what kind of idiot decides to remove the best short from the movie? isnt this on a movie streaming service, dont like it? skip it.
frame narrative - skip/10
Dante - 5/10 good for a laugh
Parallel Monsters - 7/10
Bonestorm - what the fuck!
Vortex - removed

1 year ago

Troy DC - 7/10

1 year ago

Fall - 6/10

1 year ago

Totò Diabolicus (1962)

Italian black comedy film. It's a funny satire mixed with giallo elements and also a whodunnit. And if you know who Totò is, he plays multiple different characters in this. Overall very entertaining and I can definitely recommend it!

1 year ago

Thor: Love and Thunder - 6/10

1 year ago

jackass forever - was alright, standard jackass, a good send-off to the series
thor love and thunder - didn't enjoy it as ragnarok, thought the over-reliance on humor was somehow too much
the outfit- great film, i was really into the story and characters and the plot. it's about a tailor and the many shady characters that come to his shop. The guy from bridge of spies stars alongside zoey deutch, highly recommend

edit:mark rylance stars in the outfit, guy was good had to google and put some resoect on the man

1 year ago

Oh yeah, Mark Rylance is amazing in everything he's in.

1 year ago

1) Thor: Love and Thunder - quite underwhelming coming from Ragnarök.
I felt the same way watching Multiverse of Madness. Is someone else now directing these movies? There has been a steady drop in oomph since Endgame.

2) Fall - I won't spoil it, but it was quite good.

1 year ago

Bangistan (2015)

Indian black comedy satirical film. It's about two men (one muslim, one hindu) who separately plot to bomb a peace conference. It starts off as a silly comedy, poking fun at religion and terrorism but especially the last 20 minutes are a pretty serious drama about acceptance and freedom of religion and that after all, what everyone should practice, no matter their religion, is to be kind to each other. Throw some songs in there (it's a Bollywood movie after all) and you got yourself a very entertaining 2+ hours. Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.