Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Sea Beast - 6/10

1 year ago

Cemetery Junction (2010)

British coming-of-age comedy-drama film. It's a fun feel-good movie set in the 70s with a good cast and an interesting plot. And that's all you need sometimes.

1 year ago

Lightyear - 7/10

1 year ago

Day Shift (2022)

American vampire film. It's good (and surprisingly bloody) but I would've prefered less comedy. A lot of modern action comedies aren't very good and would probably be better without trying to be funny and this one is no exception. But still, this one is very entertaining and has a good cast. So if you can ignore the pretty basic plot this one's actually kinda fun.

1 year ago

Lightyear, a 5/10 for me. Was babysitting my 6 y.o nephew and it was hard even for him to keep up the interest.

1 year ago

Charlie Bubbles (1968)

British comedy-drama film. Starring the great Albert Finney (who also directed it) and Liza Minnelli. It's very slice-of-life, so not a lot of action. But some outstanding acting, especially by Albert Finney himself. At its core it's about a successful writer back in his old neighbourhood feeling like a fish out of water, like he doesn't deserve his wealth. Overall definitely one I can recommend!

1 year ago

Scooty (2022)

American action adventure short film. Really entertaining 20 minute short about a guy who hates scooters and a his robot friend who is made out of scooters. Fantastic VFX, good plot, overall very entertaining. Oh, and it's made by one of the guys at Corridor Digital. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

The Last Mercenary (2021)

French action comedy film. It's a lot of fun and feels pretty 80s, not only because it's a Jean-Claude van Damme movie. This movie was definitely well worth my time. Can recommend!

1 year ago

The Accountant (2016)

American action-thriller film. It's a surprisingly good movie starring Ben Affleck who really delivers in this one. It follows Christian Wolff, a certified public accountant with high-functioning autism who makes his living uncooking the books of criminal and terrorist organizations around the world that are experiencing internal embezzlement. Good cast (Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J. K. Simmons, Jon Bernthal, John Lithgow, Jeffrey Tambor and more). Overall a very entertaining movie with a captivating story and some good action, too. Can recommend!

1 year ago

I recently watched this movie as well. I liked it :)

1 year ago

Let the Right One In (2008)

Swedish romantic horror film. It's genuinely one of the best vampire movies of the 21st century. Definitely a slow-burner at the beginning but that elevates the more shocking scenes even further. What a great movie! Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Kung Fu Hustle (2004)

Hong Kong action-comedy film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still amazing! Highly recommended!

1 year ago

HECK YA! Love that movie!

1 year ago

The Inspector General (1949)

American musical comedy film. Not Danny Kaye's best movie (the competition is very strong) but still very funny with an engaging story and great performances, especially by Danny Kaye. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

So I just did a trash movie night:

Tucker and Dale vs Evil 7,5/10
The Hungover Games 8,5/10
Day Shift 6/10

1 year ago

Hells Angels on Wheels (1967)

American biker film. There's not much happening in this one. It's about a gas-station attendant (played by Jack Nicholson) who gets to hang out with a chapter of the Hells Angels and now he finds life much more exciting and that's basically it. Jack Nicholson played his part very well (as does the rest of the cast) but of course there's a much better biker movie with Jack Nicholson that came out just 2 years after this. So yeah, overall this one's an interesting watch but that's pretty much it.

1 year ago

Open Your Eyes/Abre los ojos (1997)

Spanish science-fiction thriller mystery film. This is definitely one to go in without any prior knowledge. It's definitely gonna play with your mind. Amazing performances by Eduardo Noriega, Penélope Cruz, Chete Lera and the rest of the cast too. Overall this is a great, mind-bending movie. Highly recommended!

1 year ago*

Godzilla vs Kong

HORRIBLE Story! Just a travesty. The only thing that made that movie great was the fight scenes. I could not take my eyes of them. Beautifully choreographed and just amazing. The Godzilla movie had a decent story and was good but it was poor for missing the epic monster battles. They did it right this time with the Monster Battles, but epic failed on the story.

Still pay to go see this in the theater just for the fights. They were that good.

1 year ago

it isn't technically a film, the tony hawk documentary "until the wheels fall off", pretty good stuff, from his start as a skateboarder and his mentality while going at it, all the way to his famous 900 trick and semi-retirement. cool stuff, last time i was this invested into a documentary was "my octopus teacher"

1 year ago

Vanilla Sky (2001)

American science fiction psychological thriller film. Well, this is the remake of Abre los ojos (1997), which I watched yesterday. It even starts with the exact same line. "Abre los ojos". Yes, in spanish. One peculiar thing is that Penélope Cruz is playing the same character in both the original and the remake. But yeah, overall this is a good movie, can't say that it's bad. But the original is just way better. So I can't really recommend this.

1 year ago

Glorious (2022)

American horror thriller film. It's actually really entertaining. Some guy goes into a public bathroom and suddenly hears a voice coming from the stall’s gloryhole. Sounds kind of comedic at first, but it soon evolves into mindboggling cosmic horror. It's also kind of a single location movie and some of you might know that I enjoy those a lot. And it's so original. Overall at under 80 minutes absolutely worth your time.

1 year ago

Drive (2011) fifth time
The movie where the main character is a jacket.
10/10

1 year ago

Day Shift - 5/10

1 year ago

Archenemy (2020)

British-american superhero mystery-thriller film. It was made by the same guy who made the amazing Daniel Isn't Real (2019) and those two movies are actually the first two parts of a trilogy that's gonna conclude in an upcoming movie including character from both of these. This one certainly has an interesting promise but it doesn't really pay off as well as it could and sadly doesn't reach its full potential. Still, an entertaining watch.

1 year ago

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore - 5/10

1 year ago

Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell. Ugh.

Just one more to go.

1 year ago

Wishing they would be over?

1 year ago

Not sure if wishing there were more of them would be a worse fate :D

1 year ago

Deep Cover (1992). It's a good detective movie, Laurence Fishburne nails It as an undercover cop and his narration through the movie is one of the best I've heard imo. He could have easily made Max Payne with that voice.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.