Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Top Gun: Maverick - 8/10

1 year ago

People Places Things (2015)

American comedy film. It's very people-centric, very slice-of-life. It tells the story of Will Henry (Jemaine Clement), a newly single graphic novelist father balancing single-parenting his young twin daughters, writer's block, a classroom full of students, all while exploring and navigating the rich complexities of new love and letting go of the woman who left him. So you could basically say it's a romantic comedy but not very sappy and cheesy. More like charming and realistic. And if you're a fan of Jemaine Clement you'll definitely enjoy this. Overall I can recommend this!

1 year ago

Inception (2010)

American science fiction action film. Rewatched this yesterday. Still a fantastic movie!

1 year ago

DC League of Super-Pets - 8/10

1 year ago

Lets see i've seen:
MorbedMan
Every scene in this movie is baffling. The pacing is trash, the science is beyond comprehension and the villain wouldn't exist without the hero. Bats bite off chunks of medium sized animals?...oh ok XD...i swear this writer duo best attempts always end up as a parody of a film genre
glad sony managed to release this twice, it just means that they are this much out of touch to what is considered good they misunderstood memes for actual audience interest
0/10
Decision to Leave
Park Chan-wook latest film. it was a great detective thriller with some amazing editing.
8/10
The Phone
I like the premise. A man, one year after his wife´s death finds he can communicate with her through a magical phone i guess, on the day she gets killed. They have to protect each other and work together to discover the identity of the assassin. But they are a year apart. its cool but, there's a lot of suspension of disbelief on the viewer part, for this to make any sense.
7/10
Day Shift
It's not that bad. It's fun, some dude catches and kills vampires as a low paid job.
ok,the dialogue is definitely off and the humor is dry, what name does one give to this modern lingo? like that new saints row game.
6/10

1 year ago*

Decision to Leave is out now? I've had it on my watchlist since april.

1 year ago

i dont think its available for streaming in most of europe at least , it was said somewhere it would be available here in portugal in october this year, but it didn't specify which streaming service, so it probably wont be any time soon

1 year ago

Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled.

Finally done, this movie was a joke.

1 year ago

A bad one at that.

1 year ago

The Gray Man (2022)

American action thriller film. Good cast (Ryan Gosling, Ana de Armas, Chris Evans, Dhanush, Jessica Henwick, Regé-Jean Page, Wagner Moura, Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard and more) but a pretty mediocre movie overall. It's just the same as every other action movie. Nothing that sets it apart from the rest really. Especially not story-wise. Good action but that's it.

1 year ago

Samaritan - 6/10

1 year ago

Wicked City (1987)

Japanese adult animated horror-action dark fantasy film. Surprisingly good. I really liked the animation style and the great body horror. Very captivating story, too. It takes place towards the end of the 20th century and explores the idea that the human world secretly coexists with the demon world with a secret police force known as the Black Guard protecting the boundary. And now two Black Guards (one from the human world and one from the demon world) are assigned to protect a 200 year old mystic who is needed to sign a peace treaty between the two worlds. Overall a really good movie. I can definitely recommend it.

1 year ago

Seoul Vibe: great retro vibe in South Korea with cars!! 4/5

1 year ago

Stone of Destiny (2008)

Scottish-Canadian historical adventure comedy film. Entertaining movie based on real events (namely the removal of the Stone of Scone from Westminster Abbey in 1950) with a good cast (Charlie Cox, Kate Mara, Billy Boyd, Robert Carlyle and more) who deliver good performances as well. If you didn't know about the real events this movie is based on (like me) it's definitely worth checking out and I assume if you do, it is even more. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Jurassic World Dominion . You know, it was actually pretty good. A nice ending to the franchise.

FAR superior to Fallen Kingdom.

7/10.

1 year ago

Out of Sight (1998)

American crime comedy film. Very good cast (George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Ving Rhames, Dennis Farina, Luis Guzmán, Viola Davis, Nancy Allen, Connie Sawyer and more) delivering great performances in this unconventional heist story. The plot itself isn't anything outstanding or new but it's still a fun watch and definitely worth its time. Recommended!

1 year ago

From Beijing With Love (1994)

Hong Kong spy comedy film. It's a hilarious James Bond parody by and with Stephen Chow. What else is there to say? Watch it if you're a fan of Kung Fu Hustle (2004) and Shaolin Soccer (2001) maybe. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Get Shorty (1995)

American gangster comedy film. Very good cast (John Travolta, Rene Russo, Delroy Lindo, James Gandolfini, Dennis Farina, Danny DeVito, Gene Hackman and more) delivering great performances in this engaging caper movie that also kinda parodies Hollywood a little bit. Interesting plot about gangsters who want to make movies and movie makers who want to be gangsters. Recommended!

1 year ago

Escape from Pretoria - 2/10, Did not enjoy it at all. Story could of been fantastic, real disappointment in the end.

1 year ago

Be Cool (2005)

American crime-comedy film. So this is a sequel to Get Shorty (1995) with a very good cast again (John Travolta, Cedric The Entertainer, Dwayne Johnson, Vince Vaughn, André 3000, Uma Thurman, Christina Milian, Danny DeVito, Harvey Keitel and more) delivering more very good performances. I'm surprised this movie is rated so much lower than Get Shorty (1995) when it's pretty much more of the same. If you like that one this one's definitely worth watching, too. Recommended!

1 year ago

Wer's glaubt, wird selig (2012)

German comedy film. Watched this one yesterday. "The snow is staying away from the Bavarian ski village of Haunzenberg, and so are the skiers. Business is failing and so is Georg's relationship with Emilie. During his attempt to reignite the fires of passion, the wooden cross in the next room falls down, crushing Emilie's very Catholic mother Daisy. Wracked with guilt, Georg and his drinking buddies hatch a plan to have Daisy canonized by the Church, hoping to save both the village and his relationship. Everything goes according to plan until the Vatican sends a Priest to examine the miracles of Saint Daisy." Actually a very funny movie with lots of hilarious scenes. Definitely one I can recommend!

1 year ago

Sunset Over Mulholland Drive (2019)

German-American documentary film. It's about a retirement home in Hollywood and its inhabitants. All of course from the movie business. Producers, directors, editors, agents, writers, actors... We get to see kind of a behind-the-scenes of their everyday lives there. Overall a very good documentary, can recommend!

1 year ago

Nope (2022)

American neo-Western science fiction horror film. Watched this at the cinema yesterday. It sure is a slow burner but the creepy atmosphere of it all is definitely gonna keep you on the edge of your seat. It's also very Fire In The Sky (1993) at some points, especially when you're inside of Jean Jacket, if you know you know. Great performances by a really good cast (Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, Steven Yeun, Keith David, Brandon Perea, Michael Wincott and more) as well. Amazing cinematography. Overall another great Jordan Peele movie. Best enjoyed on the big screen of course. Highly recommended, just don't go in and expect fast-paced action. This movie takes its time but it's all the better for doing so.

1 year ago

The Phantom of the Open (2021)

British biographical comedy-drama film. A heartwarming true story about a quite extraordinary guy, optimistic shipyard crane-operator turned golfer Maurice Flitcroft, fantastically played by the ever-amazing Mark Rylance. Additional cast include Sally Hawkins, Rhys Ifans, Mark Lewis Jones, Steve Oram and more. Overall it's just a wonderful feel-good film, so I can definitely recommend this.

1 year ago

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead (1990)

British tragicomedy film. Great cast (Gary Oldman, Tim Roth, Richard Dreyfuss, Iain Glen and more) in a very Hamlet-adjacent movie. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are actually small characters from Hamlet and in this movie you follow them during the events of Hamlet, which is quite hilarious at times. Would definitely be better if you're actually familiar with Hamlet though. Guess I know what I'll have to do before I rewatch this some time. So yeah, if you've seen any of the countless adaptations of Hamlet this one's probably gonna be amazing but just watching it for itself is still very good.

1 year ago

Marathon Man

Great movie. I’d seen it before, but it was a long time ago so I had forgotten a lot of it.

1 year ago

Us 8/10
The Sadness 6/10

1 year ago

Resident Evil Infinite Darkness. What a terrible writing, waste of budget for animation, couldn't even end the 4 chapters.
That new Resident Evil live action series must be top notch too... oh wait It was canceled.

1 year ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.