Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Prey - 7/10

1 year ago

1 year ago

The Big Short - 8/10

Despite the other one being by Martin Scorsese I enjoyed this waaay more than Wolf of Wall Street, which I found frankly insulting to my intelligence.

Wolf of Wall Street
Now we're gonna explain the scam... Nevermind, you wouldn't understand it anyway. Let's go back to throwing some more midgets and that one guy pounding his chest. It's very GIFable.

Sure Margot Robbie in a bubblebath explaining what subpar mortgages are is a bit of pandering but that's the kind of pandering I like 😅

1 year ago

I really liked Wolf of Wall Street but I agree with you, that The Big Short is more entertaining.
Margot Robbie's scenes were definitively the best part of both movies, haha :DD

1 year ago

The Kid Detective (2020)

Canadian mystery comedy-drama film. Very entertaining. A bit funny here, a bit dark there. I like the mystery at the heart of this movie, too. Can recommend.

1 year ago

Grease (1978)

American musical romantic comedy film. Definitely one of the most quintessential movies about 1950s high school culture and greaser culture in general. Lots of very iconic scenes. And of course a very good cast playing really well off of each other. Overall a movie I can recommend. And rest in peace to the great Olivia Newton-John.

1 year ago

Prey, it was pretty damn good.

1 year ago

Battle for Sevastopol (2015)

Movie based on a true story, about Lyudmila Pavlichenko, the deadliest sniper woman in the history.

1 year ago

Did you like the movie?
I saw that couple years ago, and I have DVD in my shelf... I've been thinking of watching that again... As far as I remember, it was not very good / boring? Maybe I remember wrong...?

1 year ago

Nothing in this movie is boring, it's too addictive to be boring. For a person like me who understands Russian it was a great movie, I can't say anyhing bad about it. That's a 10/10 - my personal IMDb rating.

1 year ago

Okay, I defenately must re-watch that!!

1 year ago

Perfect Blue (1997)

10/10

1 year ago

Phenomena (1985)

Italian supernatural giallo film. Lots of very insecty gore. Definitely a pretty unusual horror movie, which is partly because of it being made by the great Dario Argento, partly because it's in english but sometimes in italian and also sometimes in german, partly because of who the killer actually turns out to be and partly because of the weird but engaging plot. Good cast (mainly Jennifer Connelly and Donald Pleasence) in a kinda fucked up movie but still one that's a lot of fun. Can recommend.

1 year ago

Nope - 710

1 year ago

midsommar

crapload of tiny details in the movie, i loved finding out all of them while watching and pointing them out to the bf
got a bit too long and ended up going to bed incredibly late tho

9/10
would watch it again

1 year ago

The Yellow Rolls-Royce (1964)

British comedy drama anthology film. What a cast (Shirley MacLaine, Ingrid Bergman, Rex Harrison, Omar Sharif, Alain Delon, George C. Scott, Jeanne Moreau and more)! It's three separate stories all connected by a yellow 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II. A British diplomat buys the car for his French wife. A mobster's girlfriend has an affair in Italy. An American woman drives a Yugoslavian partisan to Ljubljana on the eve of the Nazi invasion. The stories are quite different and all very captivating but the last one stands out. Lots of great performances in all of them, though. I can definitely recommend this movie!

1 year ago

'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' (1989)
Before that I watched 'La La Land'

1 year ago

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 6/10

1 year ago

Pulp Fiction - 10/10

1 year ago

prey 9/10 big fan of the predator.

1 year ago

The Seventh Victim (1943)

American horror drama film. A young woman is searching for her older sister who recently went missing. Later she finds out she's in a satanic cult and that she has murdered someone. Captivating story and for '43 a surprisingly good horror movie with more than just cheap scares and monsters. Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

bullet train

9/10
one of the funniest movies i have seen this year for sure

1 year ago

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

American absurdist comedy-drama film. So because none of the cinemas around here even had one screening of this one I had to wait until this came out on physical here in Germany before I could watch it. And yeah, it's a masterpiece. It's everything you want and more. It's multiverses done right. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) is a joke compared to this. That one barely touched on that theme, this one delves deep into it. And on top it's extremely entertaining. Great acting too by a great cast. Michelle Yeoh, Jonathan Ke Quan, Jamie Lee Curtis, James Hong, Stephanie Hsu. It's quite early to talk about this but this movie deserves a lot of awards. Definitely some screenplay awards. VFX too. And obviously some acting ones. Michelle Yeoh of course. She's amazing in everything she's in. Jonathan Ke Quan too. Great work for someone who hasn't really been acting in the last 20 years. Then there's Jamie Lee Curtis doing stuff you probably haven't see her do before but also being really believable while doing so. And the legendary James Hong, do I even need to say anything about him? And Stephanie Hsu playing so many different but same versions of her character(s), she's great too. Overall one of the best movies I have seen this year. Highly recommended! This movie truly is everything, everywhere, all at once. Can't wait what the Daniels are doing next!

But I still wish I saw this on the big screen. Shame on you, cinemas around me, for not showing this movie. I'm sure I wasn't the only one in the area who really would've loved to see this fantastic movie at a cinema.

1 year ago*

This movie was surprisingly good :D

1 year ago

Agent Cody Banks 1 & 2

1 was much better than 2. Angie Harmon did a fantastic job and, I think, stole the show. Keith David (The Director) was also fantastic. Frankie Muniz and Hilary Duff weren't bad, but weren't great.

Step Lively 1944 with George Murphy, Gloria DeHaven, Adolphe Monjou, and Frank Sinatra. It's a remake of the story that inspired the Marx Brothers' 1938 Room Service
George Murphy was, as usual, fantastic. Adolphe Monjou was also great as Inspector Wagner. Sinatra was okay. I'm not really a fan of his. I liked his singing here better than in other movies, but eh. Gloria Dehaven was great, as usual.

1 year ago

Would You Rather (2012)

Interesting movie, but a little bit strange, recommend it if you're a big fan of death games movies like Saw. That's a 8/10 - my personal IMDb rating.

1 year ago

The Gray Man - 5/10

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

The Raven (2012)

American crime thriller film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still very good.

1 year ago

Moonfall (2022)

American science fiction disaster film. Sure, it's kind of a stupid movie. Still entertaining at times, though. So if you're looking for something where you can turn off your brain this one might just be it.

1 year ago

Oh I LOVED Moonfall.

1 year ago

Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

Entertaining and well made movie. Would give it like a solid 8.5/10

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.