Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Atomic Blonde (2017)

American action thriller film. Great cast (Charlize Theron, Sofia Boutella, James McAvoy, John Goodman, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan, Bill Skarsgård and more) delivering really good performances, especially the Theron and McAvoy in the leading roles. And yeah, for an action movie this was actually quite good. I'm usually not a huge fan of action movies, but I definitely enjoyed this one. Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

DC League of Super-Pets.

I actually wanted to see this and I was not disappointed at all. The animation was good, the story wasn't bad, the character interaction was great and it was FUNNY!

A SOLID 8/10

1 year ago

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind - 7/10

1 year ago

Blonde (2022)

American psychological biographical fiction drama film. This isn't actually a biopic since it's based on a novel that was just "a fictionalized account inspired by the life of Marilyn Monroe", so most of the stuff you see in this movie is just not true. The director literally said it's "fantasy about a well-dressed whore" and that's really all you see in this movie. Marilyn Monroe is just a piece of meat, she's overly sexualized in this movie and that's it. Almost 3 hours of nothing of value about this great woman. If you are interested in the real Marilyn Monroe don't watch this. It's not a good movie. That said, the performances were great, especially Ana de Armas as the main character. And while I'm sure she at least gets an Oscar nomination for her performance I hope they'll give the award to someone else and don't push this movie even more. Overall, I definitely can't recommend this one!

1 year ago

Some Like It Hot (1959)

American romantic comedy film. After what I watched yesterday I wanted to watch an actual Marilyn Monroe movie and I decided on this one and it seems I chose well because this is a great movie. It's hilarious, it's full of heart and amazing performances by a very good cast. Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Joe E. Brown, Nehemiah Persoff and more. And of course, it's a Billy Wilder movie and he was one of the greatest. Sure, there are some things that are a bit weird from a 2022 standpoint, for example the "a man can't marry a man" thing. But then again it's a movie from 1959. So overall if you haven't seen this already I can highly recommend it!

1 year ago

Bullet Train - 7/10

1 year ago

Bullet Train (2022)

American action comedy film. I wanted to watch something where you don't have to think a lot and this was definitely what I was looking for. Highly entertaining with lots of fun, full of twists and turns and surprisingly bloody overall. And what a cool ensemble cast! Brad Pitt, Joey King, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bad Bunny, Sandra Bullock, Karen Fukuhara, Logan Lerman, Michael Shannon, Brian Tyree Henry, Hiroyuki Sanada, Andrew Koji, Zazie Beetz, Ryan Reynolds, Masi Oka, Channing Tatum and more. (I spoiler-tagged the people who might be minor or even major spoilers, but there are some more big names hidden behind there as well!). Now I kinda regret not watching this at the cinema when I could have. It's just pure entertainment and overall such a wild movie. If you're in for something like this you should really watch it. Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

this movie was way better than i expected :)

1 year ago

Same! When I saw that this was coming out in theaters I looked at it and thought "eh, it's probably stupid, I won't need to watch this on the big screen". Now I wish I would've done so.

1 year ago

Bonnie and Clyde (1967), a highly entertaining classic right there!
A young Warren Beatty made me question everything about myself.

1 year ago

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Nice if you are a Cage fan, like me. The film itself, well its a fun premise, but feels outdated, very 90s.
Many references to Nicolas Cage blockbusters, from decades ago. References to Mandy and Pig.
Cage´s ego is himself from the movie wild at heart, a nice touch, its the movie he won Palme dor.
also plays with the current public opinion and perception of Cage´s career
6.5/10
Mutant Blast
A Portuguese trash movie destributed by Troma. that barely resembles the 80s low budget movies it desperately tries to mimic. Mainly monster films and Terminator clones. Just Awful
Can't believe the trailer compared this to Astron-6, that is an insult.
2/10
Hustle
Not sure why Adam Sandler wanted to be in a cliched "insert" sport movie. Experienced coach/trainer/scout, finds a kid with a lot of raw talent and tries to help him adapt to the tough realities of professional sports or whatever.
the acting though, Sandler and Queen Latifah are incredible
6/10

1 year ago*

Woah, Troma + trash movie, that is something I just need in my life. Thanks for a new title to pursue!

1 year ago

that's what they do, unfortunately it's nowhere even close to as entertaining as Toxic Avenger, Tromeo or Class of Nuke 'Em High.
Or Astron-6, the canadian Troma

EDIT: there is a giant French lobster, its something

1 year ago

Adam Sandler is a huge basketball guy, so I can understand why he wanted to be in such a fun basketball movie.

1 year ago

Me and my wife started off this years Spooktober with Aliens (1986), Ripley is such a badass.

Edit: also watched The Children's Hour (1961) before bedtime, didn't plan on going to sleep this sad..

1 year ago*

Das Privileg (2022)

German horror mystery film. Watched this yesterday and it's actually surprisingly good for a german movie. I wouldn't want to spoil anything but it's pretty creepy and it kinda goes into the supernatural towards the end. Definitely enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Can recommend!

1 year ago

The X-Ray Fiend (1897)

British short silent comedy film. Fun effects for the time, like jump cuts for example. It's quite fascinating if you think about that x-rays have only been discovered 2 years prior. And in film they were already used for comedy. For what it is I can recommend it.

1 year ago

Planet Terror, gooey fun times.

1 year ago

( GREY,THE )
i only got to see,, i think half? of the movie, it was about a group of 5 ish men who were lost in the snow, with a big pack of wolves constantly hunting them down, they have to do some really emotionally tasking things to try and survive the cold and the wolves

I wish I could have seen it from the beginning it looked pretty good!

(pretty sure the movie is just named The Grey, but it was named weirdly by the tv due to translations)

EDIT found the imdb

1 year ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

American gothic horror film. Wasn't sure if I already watched this or not so I decided to just watch it and as it turns out I didn't actually watch it. Must be one of those movies you absorb through pop culture a bit. But I think I also confused it with the comedy Dracula: Dead and Loving it (1995) starring Leslie Nielsen. But yeah, now I've watched it. It's mostly just another Dracula adaptation but, being a gothic horror film, way more romantic I feel like. Fantastic cast (Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves (yes, the accent is as bad as everyone says), Anthony Hopkins, Monica Bellucci, Cary Elwes, Tom Waits, Richard E. Grant and more) delivering very good performances (Gary Oldman is of course amazing as Dracula himself). Overall definitely a really good movie that I can highly recommend!

1 year ago

One Missed Call 2. I find it absurd they add some weird plot twists that makes the movie worse than it could've been without them.

1 year ago

Phil Tippet:Mad Dreams and Monsters(2019)
Really good documentary about one of the legendary pioneers of Special FX. Tippet revolutionized stop-motion animation for an under-the-radar group creating what most folks thought would be a B-movie...Star Wars:A New Hope.I knew a lot of his story already: he helped form Industrial Light&Magic, invented new FX concepts for Jurassic Park, worked on Starship Troopers, and has continued to work in the field.

It was interesting to see the man himself and others speak about him,especially his wife/partner for over 40 years. I plan to check out his short experimental stop-motion film The Mad God which is available to stream.

1 year ago

Oh yeah, you did watch that. I put it on my watchlist now. The guy is a legend, even if you have no idea who he is you've definitely seen his work.

1 year ago

Yeah, I wish more studios would still do stop-motion but even he acknowledged the facility and ease of computers which is why he invented new ways of doing SFX for Jurassic Park which I learned from the doc. :)

1 year ago

Ghostwatch (1992)

British reality–horror/pseudo-documentary television film. If you're british and were around back then this must've really been quite something because even 30 years later I can understand how it would be. It's very chilling even now. I would've been glued to the tv if I'd have watched this live. This is a genuinely frightening experience, so much so that it has never been repeated on UK television. Someone actually commited suicide after watching this. Read up on it here if you're interested. So overall this is really good, even with the knowledge that it's not real. Highly recommended!

1 year ago*

The Grudge 3, just a little better than the second entry in the US-versions.

1 year ago

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - 5/10

1 year ago

I rather liked that one.

1 year ago

the weakest one for me from the first 4 movies :) im planning to watch the fifth one tonight, i hope its decent.

1 year ago

the first 3 are great, the rest is trash, though 4 not as bad as the ones after. maybe the remake will be decent but they never are.

1 year ago

i think, 5, Hellseeker was a thriller. nothing to do with hellraiser and overall badly directed and acted, but i remember the script being half decent.
they are all very cheap films the studio kept doing just to keep the rights to the franshise, but sometimes some scripts pop up that could work somewhere else. Like Hellraiser 3 could have been a decent slasher film

1 year ago

well, this new one was sort of decent and definitely better than the last 5 or so attempts, but that's not saying much.

1 year ago

Hellraiser: Bloodline - 6/10

1 year ago

Heaven Can Wait (1943)

American comedy film. It's about a guy who enters the reception area of "where innumerable people had told him so often to go" aka hell if that wasn't obvious to be personally greeted by "His Excellency" aka Satan himself. And he's telling him his life story. That's pretty much it. I do like the cast, mainly the great Don Ameche as the main character but the movie overall just didn't do it for me.

1 year ago

Three Thousand Years of Longing - 7/10

1 year ago

Waxwork (1988), some people hyped it up and told me to watch it ASAP, but it felt like a goosebumps episode gone wrong. I fell asleep a few times :(

1 year ago

THANK YOU! I've been trying to remember the title for this for YEARS!

1 year ago

Sorry if I'm being too harsh on a childhood favourite, if it is!

1 year ago

No worries on that. I've just been trying to remember that title for years. Thank you again.

1 year ago

Mr. Harrigan's Phone (2022)

American horror film. Based on a story by Stephen King, this horror movie about an old billionaire and the boy who reads books to him (portrayed by Donald Sutherland and Jaeden Martell respectively) is rather atmospheric, the first half of the movie is more of a character drama between two people who couldn't be more different and the second half is not very scary or anything, I'd say it's more of a mystery movie than a horror one. Nonetheless, because of some great performances I still enjoyed this one a lot. Can recommend, but it's not as scary as it could be.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.