Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hellraiser: Inferno - 6/10

1 year ago

Dragonwyck (1946)

American period drama film. A simple Connecticut farm girl is recruited by a distant relative, an aristocratic patroon, to be governess to his young daughter in his Hudson Valley mansion. It's mainly about class in 19th century America I'd say. The young farmer's daughter who dreams of a more romantic and luxurious life outside the farm and the rich patroon who doesn't even really want to associate with the farmers working his land. Great performances by an amazing cast (Vincent Price, Gene Tierney, Walter Huston, Jessica Tandy, Harry Morgan and more). So yeah, overall a really good movie that I can definitely recommend!

1 year ago

Hellraiser: Hellseeker - 5/10

1 year ago

Bodies Bodies Bodies
gen z horror movies making me feel like a 50yo. A set of characters outside my generation and social class, large emphasis on social media presence.
it's a pretty decent teen horror. Good performances. A satirical slasher with a mean spirited ending.
6/10

Character
An aspiring mangaka wants to go independent with his own thriller. However his passiveness is reflected in boring characters, mainly the lack of a good villain. until one day he crosses paths with a serial killer and thinks it is a really good idea to use a real life murder scene and its on the loose killer as a building piece for a manga.
It has a thing for hyping certain scenes up, regardless of improbability. It conveniently forgets plot points to move towards its conclusion.
6/10
Saloum
good overall genre bending revenge story from Senegal. funnily enough that horror is the worst aspect of it, a lot of the tension and good writing dies when the movie schitches gears from thriller to supernatural.
6.5/10
The Appointment
It's from the 80s but feels like an old school Hammer haunting film. I really like the atmosphere, sound design and made for tv quality of this film, anemoia i guess. but damn, you can be watching it for 1 hour and you still arrived nowhere.
5/10
Jack Be Nimble
having supernatural elements does not make it horror film. It's more of a thriller. A really messed up thriller. I don't particularly like this film, but it did succeed at grabbing a well used plot and just make it bizarre.
5/10

1 year ago*

The Night of the Hunter (1955)

American drama thriller film. It's about a corrupt faux minister serial killer who charms an unsuspecting widow in order to get his hands on $10,000 in stolen bank loot hidden by her executed husband. It's a great film noir and probably Robert Mitchum's best role. Great cast (Robert Mitchum, Shelley Winters, Lillian Gish and more) delivering outstanding performances. Absolutely one of the best movies of the 1950s. The main character is still one of the greatest movie villains of all times. If you haven't seen this masterpiece yet, absolutely do so. It's amazing, even now after 67 years. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Hellraiser: Deader - 4/10

1 year ago

that title though...
Is Deader even a word?

1 year ago

shit title for a shit movie :D

1 year ago

Army of Thieves (2021)

American-german heist comedy film. Watched this yesterday (finally came around to do so) and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Quite fun actually but nothing more than a popcorn movie. Army of the Dead (2021) wasn't very good but if you've watched it and thought "I'd love to see the backstory of one of the characters but I want it to be a completely different vibe and genre of movie" this is the one for you.

1 year ago*

Operation Mincemeat - I love movies based on real life event, especially if its WW2, so I enjoyed it, but could have been a bit shorter... At some points felt a bit boring. but overall 8/10

1 year ago

Hellraiser (2022)

American supernatural horror film. Due to the fact that it just came out a few days ago and I don't want to spoil anything I'll just say this: It's actually surprisingly good! Pretty sure S1CKFANTASY will enjoy it a lot more than those last few original sequels.

1 year ago

you were right :D

1 year ago

The Woman King (2022)

American historical epic film. Watched this at the cinema yesterday and it also just came out so no spoilers, but it was very good. Great acting all around, might get Viola Davis another Oscar nomination, or maybe even Thuso Mbedu. Overall I can recommend this one!

1 year ago

Goal! The Dream Begins (2005)

British-american sports drama film. Well, if you're a fan of football/soccer you'll love this movie. But even if you aren't, you'll still be able to enjoy this. Classic underdog story but executed so well, it doesn't matter how often you've seen something made with the same formula before. It has a lot of heart and is also very realistic. Very good performances, some surprisingly big cameos as well. Overall I can definitely recommend this!

1 year ago

Slumber Party Massacre
remake from SYFY. It simply does not work. To be able to satirize the genre you should at least understand it. A gender switch isn't much of anything. And in the process we got a movie that works neither as a horror or a comedy. I get that the original Slumber Party checks all the boxes on poorly written exploitation, the same ones the remake didnt suceed in modernizing. Now we ended up with another entry in a franchise no one cared about. Honestly this franchise should have never been revived
2/10
Mad God
On Shudder, Tippett's stop motion magnum opus. it's an insane descent on some sort of organic machine underworld.
dystopian Dante's Inferno
9/10

1 year ago

Goal II: Living the Dream (2007)

British-spanish-german sports drama film. Pretty much just more of the same, which doesn't mean it's bad. Just a continuation of the story told in the first movie. So if you like that one, definitely watch this one too! Recommended as well!

1 year ago

Constantine, a good film - albeit rather long.

Fast-forward a few hours and we can add Spider-Man (2002) and You're Next to that list.

Tobey Spoods in my heart.

1 year ago*

Hellraiser 2022 - 6/10

1 year ago

Goal III: Taking on the World (2009)

British-german sports drama film. On its own it's not even that bad. But as the finale of a trilogy of (so far) cult football movies focusing on one specific guy and his rise in the football world it's just not anything people wanted at the time because instead of a conclusion to the story told so far we got something about some other footballers' stories during the world cup. Our protagonist is still in a few scenes but that's it. So yeah, as a standalone movie it would be okay, but as Goal III it's not. If you've watched and enjoyed the first two movies just don't watch this one. Can't recommend!

1 year ago

Werewolf by Night - 6/10

1 year ago

After Midnight (2019)

American romantic horror drama film. If you go into this expecting a straight up horror movie you won't like this. It's pretty much just a romantic drama (well performed with beautiful cinematography and a nice soundtrack but that's it) with a few more or less horror scenes sprinkled into it. If you think about it, the whole thing could also just be a big metaphor with the monster being the guy's own "monster" of commitment to his girlfriend and in the end he overcomes it and asks her that one important question, which might be interesting to some and less so to others. Overall I can't really recommend it.

1 year ago

The 39 Steps 1935
Hitchcock movie with Robert Donat & Madelaine Carroll
8/10. Very good imo. I liked both stars. A spy dies and passes on her message to a man; he realizes he is in danger and tries to get the message thru. A great sequence showing the Firth of Forth bridge and 1930s steam trains.
Nothing to do with Nancy Drew and the 99 Steps, ofc.

1 year ago

Stalker (1979)

Very interesting, albeit not for everyone. Really, REALLY slow paced and philosophical.

1 year ago

Ip Man - 7/10

1 year ago

Doc Hollywood (1991)

American romantic comedy film. After seeing that clip of Michael J. Fox at ComicCon earlier this week I really wanted to watch one of his movies I hadn't seen yet and I decided on this one. And it's quite good. Best description I can come up with is: It's Cars (2006) but with human characters. A big city hotshot travels cross-country in a red sports car to where he needs to be next but then accidentally destroys someone's property so he's forced to stay and work off the damage he's done. But soon he begins to actually like the people of the town and falls in love with a local girl. Thinking about it, Cars and this have the exact same story. So I guess if you like Cars and Michael J. Fox you should watch this. Recommended!

1 year ago

Ip Man 2 - 7/10

1 year ago

Strangeland
in case Se7en isn't edgy enough. its bad, plot, acting , sets. next to it Saw is a masterpiece.
mostly because it borrows more than they can shove into its run time. There is like 3 possible movies here and none of them are finished.
enjoyable, late 90s horror shlock. which is already better than some horror i've seen this far
5.5/10
Dark Angel: The Ascent
bless this cinematographer, he really tried his best in between all cheap sets and rubber costumes.
I like it, strange premise, sort of steps into a more mainstream gothic romance/fish out of water sotry and it still felt weird as hell
6.5/10
Prey
simple is always better when it comes to Predator. still think this could have been its own thing.
the predator lore is deep enough that you wouldn't need to thread so close to the original film. But a good film in the franchise is better than nothing
7/10
Pahanhautoja
It's a bit superficial and well...intentionally uncomfortable body horror,not too graphic though, just creepy
Girl hatches a bird hybrid creature, fueled by her frustration at not meeting her controlling mothers expectations.
That's as much as i can say without spoiling a very simple premise. But no i dont particularly care about it
5/10

1 year ago

Halloween Ends - 5/10

1 year ago

Until next year when he returns again or they reboot it.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.