Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Big Eyes (2014)

American biographical drama film. Definitely not a typical Tim Burton project but still very interesting. It's a biopic about famous American artist Margaret Keane who painted children with big eyes yet her husband Walter took credit and became one of the most well known artists of the '60s. Good performances by both leads (Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz) and a good supporting cast (Krysten Ritter, Jason Schwartzman, Danny Huston, Terence Stamp and more). Overall a bit more lighthearted than what you'd expect but good to watch. Can recommend.

1 year ago

The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue/Let Sleeping Corpses Lie/Don't Open the Window (1974)

Spanish-Italian science fiction zombie horror film. Set in the english countryside where the dead are brought back to life by ultra-sonic radiation. Quite entertaining, yet sadly overshadowed by other zombie movies from the 70s. Can recommend!

1 year ago

So not a Lucio Fulci masterpiece, I take it.

1 year ago

Should probably be mentioned in the same breath I feel like. It's quite effective for what it is, definitely very entertaining.

1 year ago

The Menu 2022
Bizarre and good! Had to pause many times and google stuff. recommended

1 year ago

HAD to give you a whitelist. LOVE the username. Welcome to SG

1 year ago

Hehe thanks!

1 year ago

"The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent"

Nicolas Cage is back baby!
Can't wait for Renfield!

1 year ago

Dog Gone (2023)

American biographical drama film. It's about a dog gone missing, so the story, while being based on real events, isn't very original. But it's a good way to spend 90 minutes without thinking much. And it's just a heartwarming tale. Also, I thought it was quite cool that during the credits they showed photos of cast and crew with their actual dogs which is also a great way to give a bit more credit to the crew especially. First 2023 movie I've seen and yeah, overall I can recommend it.

1 year ago

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - 8/10

1 year ago

The Other Guys (2010)

American buddy cop action comedy film. Christopher Danson (Dwayne Johnson) and P.K. Highsmith (Samuel L. Jackson) are the best action hero cops the NYPD has to offer. But this story isn't about them. It's about the other guys, Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) and Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg). And let me tell you, it's very entertaining. Lots of surprisingly funny scenes and good gags. And a very good supporting cast (Eva Mendes, Michael Keaton, Steve Coogan, Bobby Cannavale and more). So even though I'm not a big fan of Mark Wahlberg I enjoyed this one. If you want to watch something where you can shut off your brain, I can recommend this.

1 year ago

After that, now you need to see The Wrong Guys.

1 year ago

Thanks, I put it on my list.

1 year ago

No problem. Have I steered you wrong yet?

1 year ago

Batman Superman Battle of the Super Sons.

Been waiting to see this one and I was NOT disappointed. VERY well done.

1 year ago

Wilde (1997)

British biographical drama film. It's about Oscar Wilde, as you might've been able to guess by the title. Great lead performance by Stephen Fry and a very good supporting cast (Jude Law, Vanessa Redgrave, Michael Sheen, Orlando Bloom, Zoรซ Wanamaker, Ioan Gruffudd and more). Overall I can recommend it.

1 year ago

Babylon 2023.

Quite a funny trip.

1 year ago

Ghost Town (2008)

American fantasy comedy film. Funny and sweet story of a dentist (Ricky Gervais in his first leading feature-film role) who can see and talk with ghosts after having been dead for 7 minutes during a colonoscopy. It might sound like almost a typical rom-com but Gervais adds a lot of wit to the main character. I definitely enjoyed it. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Fargo - 7/10

1 year ago

The Flying Sailor (2022)

Canadian animated dark comedy short film. Inspired by true events (the catastrophic Halifax Explosion of 1917) this fascinating short mixes 3D animation, 2D animation and even a bit of live-action footage if I've seen that correctly. It's about a sailor who is being blown away by a huge explosion and his thoughts while he's flying through the air. Only 8 minutes long and on Youtube currently, so give it a watch.
So this is the beginning of my annual Oscar nom viewing thingy. I obviously haven't watched any of the other nominated animated short films yet but I definitely enjoyed this one. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Pokรฉmon: The Movie 2000

:')

1 year ago

Don't know if it counts but I watched both episodes of The Last of Us.

Show is AMAZING! Now I NEED to play the game.

1 year ago

M3GAN - it's a The Onion video but 1h30m long.

1 year ago

Total Recall (1990)

1 year ago

Mad God - 6/10

1 year ago

Perhaps, you would enjoy JUNK HEAD more.

1 year ago

looks interesting, thanks for the info :)

1 year ago

Stranger at the Gate (2022)

American documentary short film. It's great. I don't even want to write a lot about it because you best go in blind (it's on Youtube and it's only 30 minutes longs, so there's no excuse not to watch this) so all I'm saying is that it's about hate and love. First one of this year's Oscar nominated Best Documentary Short Films, so I can't compare it to anything else yet but it's amazing. Again, watch this!

1 year ago

Haulout (2022)

Russian documentary short film. It's about a marine biologist working in the arctic circle studying walruses. Just that cacophony of 100000 (one hundred thousand) grunting walruses in that massive colony already gives this documentary a really otherworldly vibe. And this guy is just right there in the middle of it in his little hut. Might not be as great story-wise as Stranger at the Gate (2022), the only other 2023 Oscar nominated documentary short I've watched so far, but visually this one's just on another level. This 25-minute documentary is also on Youtube, so go watch this one as well.

1 year ago

Cam (2018)

8/10.

1 year ago

Elvis (2022)

Australian-American biographical drama film. I'm not the biggest Elvis fan. Don't get me wrong, I still definitely enjoy his music but there are bigger Elvis fans out there, my mom for example. Despite that I still enjoyed this movie very much. Great performances, especially by Austin Butler and Tom Hanks. 160 minutes is quite long but there's a lot of stuff to fill out that runtime so it doesn't feel stretched out, it's well paced. Then again, I wasn't really a fan of the modern music they used in the movie. Felt kinda out of place for me. But overall I liked this movie a lot and I'll definitely show it to my mom at some point. Can recommend!

1 year ago

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)

American pre-Code epic anti-war film. At the beginning of World War I a class of young guys, eager to enlist are soon faced with the horrors of war. This is absolutely one of the greatest anti-war movies ever made. Might've been because a lot of actual german WWI veteran who had moved to the United States by this point have worked on this movie. And of course it's based on Erich Maria Remarque's novel of the same name which in turn is based on his experience in the Imperial German Army during World War I. It can barely get any more authentic than that. I kinda fear that the other two adaptations will not feel as authentic as this one, but we'll see. Overall I can highly recommend this great movie!

1 year ago

All Quiet on the Western Front (1979)

British-American anti-war film. It immediately feels different to the original. While that one was made just 12 years after the end of WWI, this one was made over 60 years later. The young guys who are portrayed in this story would be in their early 30s when All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) was made but in their 80s when this one was made. So of course it's gonna be less authentic. It was also the case that the original didn't have any kind of musical score to go along with it, as to preserve the autheticity, according to the director. This one does. Not a lot, not all the time, but it still makes it feel a lot more like your typical war movie. Overall I think this is still a very good movie. Not as good as the original adaptation, but still well worth the watch. Can recommend!

1 year ago

28 Days Later... - 8/10

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.