Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

No Country for Old Men (2007)

American neo-Western crime thriller film. I know, I know. Everyone's already watched this one and I'm late to the party. Now I did watch it and it's a great movie. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really care about Westerns. Stunning performances from pretty much everyone involved. Not just from the big names (and there are quite a few, the cast is stacked), but also some people who played little side characters who have a single scene act their hearts out in those. Overall this really is a great movie. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Read the book. It's practically word for word, scene for scene with the exception of maybe two parts cut out.

1 year ago

Nice, I see if I can find it somewhere.

1 year ago

Violent Night - 7/10

1 year ago

Let the Corpses Tan (2017)

Belgian-French Weird Western crime film. It's definitely a weird one. It's about a gang of thieves who obtain 250 kg of stolen gold who arrive at the home of an artist who is caught in a love triangle. The scenario quickly escalates into a day long gun fight between police and robbers. The story is presented in a very peculiar way, I almost can't describe it. Sometimes a particular scene is repeated a few time, but you get to see different points of view. Those aren't long scenes, just short bangs of action, like someone getting shot. So everyone in the vicinity (this mostly takes place in an old abandoned tiny village with just a few buildings in the middle of nowhere) hears the shot and reacts differently and we get to see that. They do this quite a few times in this movie which is kinda fascinating combined with the rest of the movie. So all I'm gonna say is that the plot doesn't unravel how you think it would. It's also kinda surrealist at times but not so much that it would make this unwatchable for some. Recommended!

1 year ago

Mad Heidi (2022)

After the death of Goat Peter, Heidi goes on a rampage against the totalitarian rulers of Switzerland.

I follow the development of the movie over the last couple of years and my expectations might have been a little to high. It was a solid movie, I don't regret paying for streaming, but some scenes just fell short in my opinion.

1 year ago

Casper Van Dien as President of Switzerland...seems about right XD

1 year ago

Happy Cake Day!

1 year ago

Saw Blood Shack (1971) last night as a random pick, Ray Dennis Steckler sure made some weird movies.

1 year ago

Triangle of Sadness - 6/10

1 year ago

The Quick and the Dead (1995)

American revisionist Western film. No, I didn't plan to watch so many Westerns this first week of 2023, it just kinda happened. Late last year someone on twitter mentioned that this movie and Gangs of New York (2002) might make for a nice double feature for some reason I already forgot again so I planned on watching those two on two consecutive days anyway but I watched other stuff at the end of 2022, so they slipped into 2023. No Country for Old Men (2007) was because I wanted to watch something universally regarded as great for my first movie of the year and it just happened to also be a Western. And Let The Corpses Tan (2017) just sounded nice, I didn't even know it was a Western as well. So that's how I ended up with so many Westerns, despite not usually being a big fan of those. Maybe I put them all together subconsciously, since I've started playing RDR2 after I bought it for myself last christmas. Who knows? RDR2 might've converted me from a Western hater to a Western appreciator (I know that word doesn't really work in this context but it rhymed so nicely). So yeah, about this movie. I'm surprised at how good and entertaining it was. But that might've had something to do with the fact that it was directed by Sam Raimi. Interesting story, lots of tension, great characters played by an amazing cast (Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Lance Henriksen, Keith David, Woody Strode, Tobin Bell, Gary Sinise, Roberts Blossom and more). Overall I can definitely recommend this, even if you're not the biggest Western fan.

1 year ago

Heojil kyolshim - 7/10

1 year ago

No Country for Old Men - 8/10

1 year ago

Gangs of New York (2002)

American epic historical drama film. This might make for an interesting triple feature with The Warriors (1979) and West Side Story (1961), due to the gang stuff. Amazing cast (Daniel Day-Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz, Liam Neeson, Brendan Gleeson, John C. Reilly, Jim Broadbent and more) delivering great performances in this 2h47m movie. But it doesn't feel stretched out or boring, there's
a lot of story so there's a lot of time needed to tell it. And what an ending. Overall a really good movie that I can highly recommend if you haven't seen it already.

1 year ago

Downsizing. 5/10 First half is good then it hard flunks.

1 year ago

Yeah, it was an interesting concept but it wasn't as good as it could've been.

1 year ago

Black Adam (2022)

American superhero film. It's certainly not the best and Dwayne Johnson isn't really a great actor but the story had some interesting twists and turns and I do like seeing some more obscure superheroes. Pierce Brosnan's Dr. Fate was quite an interesting character for example. There are some cool cameos in this and lots of action so overall if you're in the market for something where you don't have to think a lot.

1 year ago

After Hours (1985)

American black comedy thriller film. It's a dark and surreal tale of some guy's night in New York City. Don't know what I expected but definitely not that. I can't really describe it, so just watch it yourself. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (2022)

A delightful film. Moving, beautiful and poignant.

Not for everyone, and not for little kids. If you liked the director's previous movies, totally recommended.

1 year ago

There Will Be Blood - 7/10

1 year ago

White Noise (2022)

American-british absurdist comedy-drama film. It's not my favourite Baumbach movie, that's for sure. It's kind of all over the place, some parts work better than others. Also, at 2h16 it's a bit too long. Could maybe lose half an hour and it'd be better. I wanted to like this, there are lots of parts that I did like (some even a lot, there were definitely some very good scenes in this) but as a whole it doesn't really work for me. I'm sure Noah Baumbach did exactly what he wanted to with this movie but it's just not for me. Give it a try if you want to but make sure you're in the right mood for something as absurdist as this.

1 year ago

Der ganz große Traum (2011)

German sports comedy drama film. Watched this one yesterday. Set in the 1870s, it's loosely based on Konrad Koch, the guy who brought football to Germany. Starring Daniel Brühl, a lot of actors that are only known in Germany and also a lot of german child actors (considering this is set at a school). Overall a fun and entertaining watch, even though it's not that historically accurate. Can recommend!

1 year ago

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

American supernatural slasher film. Okay, so the first multi-movie franchise I'm gonna watch this year is A Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm gonna watch the first 7 movies, but not Freddy vs Jason (2003) because I already watched that like 15 years ago without knowing what it's about (and so I forgot a lot again but I don't feel like I need to watch it again) and the remake, A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) because I feel like that's something different entirely. So yeah, here goes nothing. This movie is really good! Very creative for a slasher. Amazing effects. A lot of fun, too. Can't wait to see the rest. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

similarly to hellraiser, the first 3 are great (especially the 3rd elm street), the rest less and less so. still better than most horror franchises where they can't even make 1 or 2 decent entries.

1 year ago

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio - 8/10

1 year ago

The Menu - 7/10

1 year ago

Ah same actually... The Menu...

There's thing's I want to like a lot of that movie, Chef's acting and some of the other cast are great, the satire for such people, the cinematography is really good too but... there's just so much you have to pass along. The idea of this entire thing happening and people not even really trying to get out of it, just too much "oh well sure, let's go with it" to love it. 7.5/10

1 year ago

Possession (1981) - 7/10

1 year ago

Tekkon Kinkreet - 4/10

Nonsensical pacing, predictable, and wasted potential.

1 year ago

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

American supernatural slasher film. A lot better than I expected. This one is on par with, if not better than the original. Not gonna spoil but this kinda goes in a different direction than the first one. But definitely one I like. So I can recommend this.

1 year ago

The Pale Blue Eye - 6/10

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.