Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Ambulance (2022)

American action thriller film. I mean, obviously, this is just a popcorn movie. Entertaining, good action, but that's it. But sometimes that's enough. So if you're in the mood for something like this I can still recommend it. Might be a bit too long at 136 minutes, though. I'm gonna have to watch the danish movie Ambulance (2005) which this is a remake of, at some point. That one only runs 80 minutes.

1 year ago*

Ich und Kaminski (2015)

German comedy-drama film. Watched this yesterday. Young journalist Sebastian Zöllner (Daniel Brühl) is writing an article on artist Manuel Kaminski (Jesper Christensen). Zöllner hopes that Kaminski dies soon, so that he can cash in on his article. The cast is very mulit-cultural. We got german actors, danish actors, french actors, british actors, swiss actors, austrian actors, belgian actors, estonian actors, everyone speaking at least a little bit german. Small but significant roles played by Geraldine Chaplin and Denis Lavant. Overall a very good movie with a great cast that I can only recommend!

1 year ago*

The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (1936)

British horror drama film. It's starts off quite different to the other adaptations I've seen so far but then again, those were all based on the Steven Sondheim musical play and this one came out over 40 years before that and is based on the penny dreadfuls from the 1840s. So yeah, this is obviously not a musical. But a lot of the characters are still present in this in one form or another. And the actor playing Sweeney Todd himself is aptly called Tod Slaughter. Overall it's not the best, but it was still interesting to see this take on the story. For that reason I can recommend this one.

1 year ago*

Triangle of Sadness (2022)

Swedish-French-German-British-American satirical black comedy film. It's quite fascinating. The movie starts off pretty tame, we're following a male model and his girlfriend, an online influencer. They're having some relationship problems. Later on they're invited on a luxury cruise on a superyacht with lots of ridiculously rich passengers. At first everything's like you'd expect but later on the story kinda descends into a bit of madness. Like I said, very fascinating stuff. I also like the role reversal thing with the ship's crew doing everything for the passengers and later on after all that shit happened the one in charge is the cleaning lady, because she's the only one who knows how to fish I already like Ruben Östlund's previous movies I watched, The Square (2017) and Force Majeure (2014), so no wonder I really liked this one, too. I can definitely recommend this.

1 year ago

Eaten by Lions (2018)

British comedy film. It's funny, has a heart-warming plot and interesting characters. Just a charming little movie. Can recommend!

1 year ago

The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)

Irish-British-American black tragicomedy film. This movie just came out on VOD yesterday so I'm not gonna spoil anything here. So, it's set in Ireland in 1923, at the tail end of the Irish Civil War. Pádraic Súilleabháin (Colin Farrell) is wondering why his old friend and drinking buddy Colm Doherty started to ignore him. Colm says Pádraic is too dull for him and that he much rather wants to spend his time composing music for which he will be remembered. As Pádraic gets more frustrated by the rejection Colm becomes more resistant to his attempts to speak to him. So Colm sets an ultimatum. Every time Pádraic talks to him he will cut off one of his own fingers. That's all I'm gonna say about this. The story is really captivating, the setting is beautiful, the characters are fascinating. Overall highly recommended!

1 year ago

Fido (2006)

Canadian zombie comedy film. Best described as Night of the Living Dead meets Pleasantville. It's set in an alternate reality '50s town. After humans won the "Zombie Wars" they're keeping zombies as pets. Good cast (Billy Connolly, Carrie-Anne Moss, Tim Blake Nelson and more). There's not much gore, mainly because this isn't a horror movie, but a comedy that just happens to be about zombies. Overall just a touching, lighthearted comedy. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Detective Pikachu (2019)

American-Japanese action adventure comedy film. I went into this without any expectations but due to that I was kinda pleasantly surprised. It's a good movie. The story (while being a bit chliché, the whole bad guys were actually the good guys all along and the other way around is definitely nothing new) was interesting, the Pokémon were very well animated (I mean just look at Pikachu's fur, that looks really good actually) and the action was entertaining, so overall it's good enough to recommend.

1 year ago

Black Adam.

I actually really enjoyed it. It's not perfect but what movie is?
8/10

1 year ago

Enola Holmes 2 (2022)

British-American mystery film. It's as good as the previous installation. Lighthearted entertaining fun, that's it. Still, definitely watchable, so I can recommend it.

Men & Chicken (2015)

Danish comedy film. Rewatched this the day after I watched Enola Holmes 2 (2022) but I forgot to write it down. Still a funny movie.

1 year ago*

The Fabelmans (2022)

American coming-of-age drama film. It's a semi-autobiographical story loosely based on Spielberg's adolescence and first years as a filmmaker but it's also a love letter to movies and movie-making. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Can recommend!

1 year ago

I Believe in Santa. 2/10.

Oh balls, this is bad. Borderline offensively comparing believing in santa with religious beliefs, and I'm not religious.
The chemistry between the two leads are laughable at best - I nearly choked when I found out they're married in real life.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Ambulance (2005)

Danish action thriller film. The story at its core is pretty much the same as it is in the remake (Michael Bay's 2022 Ambulance, if you were wondering), but I feel like it works better in a small scandinavian thriller than a big american blockbuster. It's overall just better. So if you've watched Ambulance (2022) and liked the idea but not the execution, give this one a try! It's a tight, sub 90-minute movie and it's quite intense, definitely very captivating. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
it had all the hallmarks of a Sam Raimi movie, with none of the originality and style of previous superhero movies Spider Man and Darkman.
weak script, decent film
5.5/10
Brian and Charles
odd and sweet, but ultimately a very uneventfull film. the sum of its parts don't add up, the entire crew aspect felt completely unnecessary. felt like a really long comedy sketch. It had its moments
5.5/10

1 year ago*

Vengeance
liked the almost embarrassing humor and how an egotistical writer is somehow, despite being so distant in his relations, so important to this family after the death of their daughter.
it's such a mess though
6/10
Terror on the Prairie
i struggled to watch this, barely even a western. its simply an incredibly long stand between Gina Carano and a group of outlaws as they try to forcefully enter her home. the long running time can be explained by the stormtrooper accuracy and the fact that its Gina Carano they are trying to fight
3.5/10

1 year ago*

Fall
dumb fun, nonsense, sometimes overly exaggerated, the direction is a bit all over, the opening minutes were straight up primetime family drama. But i have fear of heights and this was legit stressing. They should have researched a bit more on professional climbing and be more accurate and close to reality in some aspects. i don't want to ruin it, but damn, this is a dumb movie. A lot of stupid shit happened
6/10

1 year ago

Violent Night (2022)-May replace Die Hard as my favorite Christmas movie.

Nope (2022) Interesting, dark, and very layered. My favorite Jordan Peele horror film is still Get Out but it was exciting to see him spreading his creative wings.

1 year ago

Dark City - 8/10

1 year ago

The Rover (2014)

Australian dystopian Western drama film. It's a slow burner but thanks to Guy Pearce's and Robert Pattinson's amazing performances it wasn't boring. It's set ten years after a global economic collapse and some guys just made the mistake of stealing our main character's car. Overall very good if you're looking for this kind of movie. Can recommend!

1 year ago

18 Again! (1988)

American fantasy-comedy film. It's a body-swap movie about an 81 year old millionaire businessman and his 18 year old grandson. Led by Charlie Schlatter and the always great George Burns. Overall a very good, charming movie. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Kaygı
I feel like, some knowledge on turkey political state is sort of required to watch this psychological horror set in a political backdrop.
As far as i remember Erdoğan has been in power, they are not a EU member. Thats my entire knowlegde on the matter :D
the movie shows a regression, in particularly censorship and news manipulation
Our main character, once oblivious to the matter, goes through a great deal of stress, when switched over to work in news editing.
while it all started with a cryptic nightmare, now everything seems to be under a reconstruction of sorts, even the entire neighborhood where she resides is about to get demolished for something else.
opposite to it, her dreams are like a awakening to a traumatic event in her childhood.
6/10
Ostatnia wieczerza
its not bad. Most of it is cliches...which for the most part lead you through a very predictable series of events.
a sensible use of budget, with a very beautifully somber location with an eerie atmosphere.
the ending is awful, with a mix of actually good creative imagery and terrible cgi. The issue here, is that you shouldnt even need the cgi, if its like one of the last scenes in the movie anyway, it holds up so well without and not seing or not knowing adds so much more. Like someting you wouldnt be able to explain or understand.
6/10
Dollman
Dollman has been in my backlog for years and sadly i was only reminded of it, because the director albert pyun die recently, he had dementia
His B movie style is unmistakably his. He mixes genres and material to the point i wouldnt even know to what age these movies are recommended for.
Here, you have a tiny little man from space crashes on earth, and the film itself is anything but PG. But there is certainly that younger age aspect to it
And he always goes through budget so quickly, you have that solid setup with cute props and matte painting. but halfway through the film, you get destroyed old buildings and desert, lots and lots desert.
its the same thing with JCVD Cyborg. There are legit great campy scenes in both movies and a lot of nothing
5.5/10
City Slickers
good setting, strong cast, fitting theme. While i still think they go more towards the improv comedy route and not to close to mid life crisis aspect, i mean its there. I just dont think its that funny tbh
5/10
Skinned Deep
a makeup artist decided to make an homage to 80s horror films. Or tried to, this is probably closer to being a R rated parody of chainsaw massacre.I'm not saying the IMDB rating is wrong, but this film is hilariously bad and bizarre at times. It feels so unnatural, and its so much better for it.
6/10

1 year ago*

La cité des enfants perdus - 7/10

1 year ago

Lucid Dream (2017)

South Korean science fiction mystery-thriller film. It's about a father who, after three years of unsuccessful search for his kidnapped son, tries something radical. Reliving important memories through lucid dreams. Overall the movie is very good, can recommend!

1 year ago

Easy Rider(1969)-7/10

Terrifier(2016)-6/10

Terrifier 2 (2022)-5/10

Homeward (2019)-8/10

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.