Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

It was better than I expected. Better than the first movie, to me anyway. The reimagining of Namor, due to Aquaman making it to the big screen first, was interesting even though some things didn't make much sense (Imperius Rex?) and the effects were pretty good.
They certainly were lucky to have such an amazing cast in the wake of Chadwick Boseman's untimely passing and they made much better use of it than in the first movie.
Still could have been (and should have been) a good 30 mn shorter (I don't even know why the British CIA dude was there at all if not to siphon time off the actual story) but it was not so long that I got bored or impatient for it to end.
All in all a good reason to go to the theater for the first time in months.

1 year ago

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish - 8/10

1 year ago

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)

American fantasy slasher film. Surprisingly, this one is also very good. So far, quality-wise, the first three movies of the franchise have been pretty close to each other. From a standpoint of scariness this one might actually top the previous ones. Definitely one I can recommend.

1 year ago

told ya. and now the downhill portion of the franchise.

1 year ago

I loved Nightmare 3. Even Dokken supposedly did one of the songs. I don't remember if it was actually in it.

1 year ago

It was, during the end credits.

1 year ago

Banshees of Inisherin (2022)

Funny, sad, often hilarious, depressing, philosophical, deep, beautifully shot.
Recommended.

WARNING: It's not for everyone, but if you liked In Bruges (2008), this is the same writer and director, AND main cast.

1 year ago

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)

American fantasy slasher film. Okay, this is the first one I don't really care about. First of all, they recast Patricia Arquette's character from the previous movie for whatever reason, which already felt weird. Also Freddy was killed for good in Dream Warriors but here a dog pisses fire on his grave in a dream aaaand he's back. Overall this one isn't very good. Sure, some nice effects and interesting scenes (that timeloop thingy was kinda neat) but even all of those can't elevate this onto the level of the previous three movies. Like Dohi64 said, it definitely went downhill. Can't recommend it for everyone, but if you're a completionist like me, why not watch this one too?

1 year ago

The Menu - 6/10

1 year ago

A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)

American gothic slasher film. Again, this one isn't very good. But the story is at least a bit more interesting than the last one, so there's that. And again, if you're a completionist watch it, otherwise not.

1 year ago

Ice Sharks and 5-headed Shark Attack. Welp.

1 year ago

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)

American slasher film. I think this one is better than the previous two but of course not as good as the first three. Maybe that's because of Rachel Talalay's direction (and the fact that I already like some of her other work like Tank Girl (1995) and Doctor Who), maybe it's just because this movie's plot made a bit more sense than the last two. Or maybe just because this is technically the end of Freddy's story (Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) is kind of a meta horror that doesn't play in that universe from what I've heard; Freddy vs Jason (2003) doesn't count and A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) is just a remake of the original). Well, might be all of that combined. So like I said, I liked it more than the previous two but not as much as the first three so overall I'd say this is watchable. But don't expect a great movie here.

So, my thoughts of the whole franchise are: I like it. Freddy Krueger isn't just another serial killer to be afraid of, he's in your dreams. You can't just go to sleep after watching the movie because that's where he's hiding. That's what probably quite a few kids back in the 80s were thinking, they were afraid to go to sleep because of Freddy Krueger. So yeah, very iconic franchise that has definitely earned its place in horror movie history.

1 year ago*

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 9/10

1 year ago

Missing (2023) Very cool film featuring Storm Reid who will be in the upcoming The Last of Us series 8/10

1 year ago

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)

American meta slasher film. I like this one a lot. It's about Heather Langenkamp (aka the actress who played Nancy Thompson in the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise). She starts having nightmares about Freddy Krueger, who in this universe (aka what is believed to be our universe) is of course just a movie villain. Things happen, people get hurt or worse. And later Wes Craven, who plays himself, reveals that he has been having nightmares about this ancient entity that was "caught" as the character of Freddy Krueger when they made the original A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) and those sequels but now that the franchise was over the entity has taken a liking to that character and tries to cross over into reality as Freddy Krueger. Very creative stuff, the movie overall could've been a bit better but I definitely enjoyed this one more than the last half of the franchise. It's a really nice spin on Freddy Krueger. I can definitely recommend it.

1 year ago

Marcel the Shell with the shoes On (2021)

Charming, wholesome little flick. Highly recommended

1 year ago

Guns Akimbo (2019)

New Zealand-Australian-British-German action comedy film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still very entertaining.

1 year ago

Robocop 2014. Despite my instincts and against the advice of some trusted fellow SF aficionados I watched this tonight. As with most remakes the original is still the best but at least I can say I've seen it and was I also building some furniture so I needed something fairly mindless onscreen.

1 year ago

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 9/10

1 year ago

The Pale Blue Eye (2022)

American mystery thriller film. Very good gothic mystery with a great cast (Christian Bale, Harry Melling, Robert Duvall, Gillian Anderson, Timothy Spall, Toby Jones and more) delivering great performances, especially Harry Melling. He can certainly play a great Poe, I really hope we see more of that, maybe even an EAPCU (Edgar Allan Poe Cinematic Universe) with Melling as the main character. Overall I can recommend this movie, even just for the cast and their performances.

1 year ago

I was hesitating on this movie because I wanted to read the book first but the cast is tempting and I liked Cooper's previous movie with Bale (Hostiles) and Crazy Heart. I'm bumping it up the watchlist

maybe even an EAPCU (Edgar Allan Poe Cinematic Universe)

Heh why would only comic books have their own cinematic universes, right?
I mean... there is after all TBCU with Michael Sheen playing Tony Blair soooo...

1 year ago

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 9/10

1 year ago

I don't know about a 9/10 on that one, It felt like they just shortened and rushed through the story, unlike the others.

1 year ago

I gotta admit my harry potter scores are a little biased due to nostalgia :D its a 7 for me without the nostalgia googles :D

1 year ago

The Cobbler (2014)

American magic realism comedy-drama film. Very entertaining. It's about a cobbler who finds out that he can become other people if he just wears their shoes. Chaos ensues. Good cast (Adam Sandler, Steve Buscemi, Method Man, Dustin Hoffman, Ellen Barkin and more). Overall something lighthearted that I can recommend.

1 year ago

Palm Springs (2020)

American science fiction romantic comedy film. Well, I enjoyed this one a lot. Not gonna write much about it because pretty much everything would be a spoiler. Just go in blind and see where the story takes you. Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 8-10

1 year ago

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 8/10

1 year ago

Unhinged (2020)

American action thriller film. Very suspenseful! Stunning performance by Russell Crowe as an absolute lunatic. Very good performances by the rest of the cast as well, especially by Caren Pistorius. Sure, the concept of a road ragey driver going after you might not be very original, but I thought this one was very well done. Definitely has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 8/10

1 year ago

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - 7/10

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.