Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Alive (1993)

American biographical survival drama film. It's about the Uruguayan 1972 Andes flight disaster. It's not bad, but if you've seen Society of the Snow (2023) this one is just kinda disappointing. Overall I can't recommend it.

3 weeks ago

Mass

The parents of both the shooter and one of the victims of a school shooting tragedy agree to meet and talk in an attempt to move forward.
Incredible performances, especially from Martha Plimpton and the ever reliable Ann Dowd.

3 weeks ago

Society of the Snow (2023)

Spanish-American survival thriller film. It's about the Uruguayan 1972 Andes flight disaster. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still great.

3 weeks ago

The Tantalizing Fly (1919)

American animated short comedy film. It's about a cartoonist who draws a clown and a housefly who harasses both the man and his pen-and-ink creation. It's incredibly creative, but then again Max Fleischer did a lot of this kind of live action mixed with cartoon stuff. For its time it's amazing and I'd still say it's very enjoyable over 100 years later. Definitely recommended.

3 weeks ago

The Flying Train (1902)

German documentary short film. It's about the Wuppertal Schwebebahn/Wuppertal Suspension Railway. Well, the suspension railway still exists, but of course it has been modernized a few times. It's actually the oldest electric elevated railway with hanging cars in the world and seeing it in this short film just one year after it was built is quite fascinating. I can recommend this.

3 weeks ago

The Last Dragon (1985)

American martial arts comedy film. It's about a young man in New York City who searches for a Master to obtain the final level of martial arts mastery known as the Glow. This is a very cheesy movie but it's also a lot of fun. If you're looking for some light entertainment I can definitely recommend this.

3 weeks ago

Russian Ark (2002)

A one-take russian movie with very impressive techincal achievements considering the limitation they impose themselves. Better than expected. Sadly I don't know much of russian history to fully appreciate but nice nonetheless!

3 weeks ago

Bloody Hell (2020)

A man with a mysterious past flees the country to escape his own personal hell - only to arrive somewhere much, much worse.

3 weeks ago

Ooh, that one was fun, wasn't it?

3 weeks ago

I enjoyed it so much I had to jump on here to promote it lol

3 weeks ago

I watched it like half a year ago and was definitely suprised by how good it was.

2 weeks ago

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)

American apocalyptic romantic comedy-drama film. It's about a pair of strangers who meet and form an unexpected bond as they help each other find closure in their lives before an asteroid wipes out life on Earth. Very good cast (Steve Carell, Keira Knightley, Melanie Lynskey, Rob Corddry, Patton Oswalt, Martin Sheen and more) delivering good performances. Overall I can recommend this.

3 weeks ago

Death Race (2008)

I guess it was okay for what it was. Definitely some cheesy moments / lines. 5/10

3 weeks ago

The Time Travelers (1964)

American science fiction film. It's about a group of scientists who find that due to an electrical overload their time-viewing screen suddenly allows them to travel through time. Sure, it's "just" a low-budget 60s sci-fi flick but I definitely enjoyed it for what it is. Can recommend.

2 weeks ago

Grave of The Fireflies (1984)

Thought this movie wouldn't be so bad since it was a Ghibli film and that I wouldn't cry so much than I thought I would. I was wrong, so wrong. I cried so hard that my eyes became sore and my face was soaking wet and rashed by wiping away with the tears. This movie is amazing, and tells an impactful and immersive story of Japan during the bombings in the WW2 era. Despite this, I cannot bring myself to watch this movie ever again. I recommend it to watch once, but never again.

2 weeks ago

That was one AMAZING movie. And it's based of actual events.

2 weeks ago

I know what you mean! I recommend it to everyone I know but I just can't watch it again. It's beautiful and poignant and it's really something you should experience but it's just too hard to watch. My gf doesn't get why I want her to watch it on her own xD

2 weeks ago

Journey to the Center of Time (1967)

American science fiction film. It's about scientists who must prove their time travel experiments can produce results, so their funding won't be cut off, but when they push their equipment, and travel 5000 years into the future, they encounter aliens who are looking for a planet to colonise. A lot of sci-fi movies from the 50s and 60s are cheesy, but still entertaining. This is also cheesy, but frankly, quite boring. Doesn't help that it's a remake of a much better movie that came out 3 years earlier (the one I watched yesterday). So overall I can't recommend this, it's not good.

2 weeks ago

Late Night with the Devil (2023)

Australian-American-Emirati supernatural horror film. It's about a late-night talk show episode aired on the night of Halloween 1977, during which the host attempts to boost ratings by inviting an allegedly possessed girl onto the show. I'm not gonna spoil anything here (because it just became available for streaming yesterday) but it's an extremely entertaining horror movie, that I can only highly recommend!

2 weeks ago

Just finished watching the final episode of Fallout.

God DAMN that was awesome!

They got SO much right in the lore. Just hope we get to see some deathclaws and super mutants in season 2.

2 weeks ago

I really hear mixed sounds about this show, some like you really like it, others absolutely hate it since supposedly there are a lot of logical inconsistencies.

I wouldnt know havent seen the series nor played the series.

2 weeks ago

Damaged.
A murder thriller.
The reveal in the end was good, I thought I had it figured out but they proved me wrong.

2 weeks ago

I was ready to bin that one considering it's getting trashed by critics and viewers alike but I'll give it a watch.
I don't mind the cast and I'm always in for a good thriller. Even with the rather spotty filmography of the writing team

2 weeks ago

It is not the best movie, but I enjoyed it more then most of the slob that is coming out nowadays.

In the old setting of Cinema vs Tv it was a decent movie for on TV.

2 weeks ago

Gran Turismo (2023)

American biographical sports drama film. It's about a teenage Gran Turismo player who becomes a professional racing car driver. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still a lot of light-hearted fun.

2 weeks ago

The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (1944)

American screwball comedy film. It's about a wayward young woman who, after attending a party with soldiers in her small town, awakens to find herself married and pregnant, with no memory of her new suitor's identity. It's a very funny movie (even if the description doesn't sound like it) and I definitely enjoyed this a lot, so I can recommend it.

2 weeks ago

Civil War (2024)

British-American dystopian action thriller film. Watched this at the cinema yesterday. It's about a team of journalists traveling across the United States during a civil war which has engulfed the nation. Great cast (Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Cailee Spaeny, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Sonoya Mizuno, Nick Offerman, Jesse Plemons and more) delivering really good performances. I'm not gonna talk about the plot because the movie just came out, so you can read this without the fear of spoilers, but all I'm gonna say is: It feels real. Great movie, highly recommended.

2 weeks ago

Rollercoaster (1977)

American disaster thriller film. It's about a blackmailer who threatens to sabotage roller coasters at various American amusement parks if he isn't paid a huge ransom. Very entertaining rollercoaster of a movie (pun intended) with great action scenes and a good cast (George Segal, Richard Widmark, Henry Fonda, Timothy Bottoms, Helen Hunt and more) delivering very good performances. Overall I can recommend it.

2 weeks ago

Turbo Kid (2015)
In a post-apocalyptic wasteland in 1997, a comic book fan adopts the persona of his favorite hero to save his enthusiastic friend and fight a tyrannical overlord.

2 weeks ago

The Incredible Melting Man (1977)

American science fiction horror film. It's about an astronaut whose body begins to melt after he is exposed to radiation during a space flight to Saturn, driving him to commit murders and consume human flesh to survive. The makeup effects are great, but then again they were made by Rick Baker, the guy who won the most Oscars for Best Makeup (seven from eleven nominations) over the years (An American Werewolf in London (1981), Harry and the Hendersons (1988), Ed Wood (1995), The Nutty Professor (1997), Men in Black (1998), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2001) and The Wolfman (2011)). So yeah, he made the effects for this movie, so they're pretty flawless. The story is a bit thin, it's just about a dude who gets all melty and starts killing people because his brain is fried, too. But it's still very entertaining nonetheless, so I can recommend it.

2 weeks ago

Supervan (1977)

American action adventure comedy vansploitation film. It's about a guy who goes to an event for custom van enthusiasts intending to enter his van in a contest, but on the way he saves a girl from rapist bikers and loses his van, so he goes to his van designer friend who lets them enter his solar-powered laser-firing custom van named Vandora in the contest. If you like vans this is the movie for you. Scratch that. If you're unhealthily obsessed with vans, this is the movie for you. To be fair, there is a cool, futuristic van in this, but overall this movie is too van-centric for me. A plot about vans, music about vans, everything about vans. It's definitely one of those "so bad it's good" movies. So for that reason I can actually recommend it.

2 weeks ago

The Monk and the Gun (2023)

Bhutanese-Taiwanese-French-American-Hong Kong comedy drama film. It's about a young monk who has been instructed by his teacher to get him a gun to make things right again. It's a very entertaining movie and those 110 minutes flew by like they're nothing. I already liked the director's first movie Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom (2019) which was nominated for Best International Feature Film at the 94th Academy Awards and this one is also very good. I can highly recommend it.

1 week ago

Argylle (2024)

British-American spy action comedy film. It's about a reclusive author who is drawn into the world of spies and espionage after she realizes that a new spy novel she is writing mirrors real-world events. I had low expectations because I just hadn't heard anything good about the movie yet. But it's very entertaining, very twisty and just silly fun. I can definitely say that I enjoyed it. And with a cast like that (Bryce Dallas Howard, Dua Lipa, Henry Cavill, Sam Rockwell, John Cena, Ariana DeBose, Sofia Boutella, Bryan Cranston, Catherine O’Hara, Samuel L. Jackson, Richard E. Grant and more) I would've been surprised if I wouldn't have. Overall I can recommend it.

Little disclaimer: It's definitely not what it looks like from the trailer. Give it a chance.

But also (and this is spoilertagged for a reason): THIS IS A FUCKING KINGSMEN SPINOFF!?

1 week ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.