UK: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/435313/holiday-surprise-box-2016 £5 = 6€
AU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/au/product/435318/holiday-surprise-box-2016 $A9 = 6.4€
EU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/435323/holiday-surprise-box-2016 6.5€
NA: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/435312/holiday-surprise-box-2016-pc-download $10 = 9.5€

LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII

GOETIA [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2 [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN INTRO PACK [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN GO: DEFINITIVE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]

TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD [PC DOWNLOAD]

20% Off Next Purchase (Digital Catalog Games Only, exclude Preorder) - (usable 1 time)

50% Off HITMAN Upgrade Pack [PC Download] - (usable 1 time) <-- -75% at gamestop for Full Pack and Upgrade Pack

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/hitman-upgrade-pack/128559
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/hitman-full-experience/123742

According to my sources, EU might work as guest checkout. But there's no guarantees.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Crap. Why do I buy stuff when it is worthless?
NVM, I hit the Cancel button on orders page :D

7 years ago*

The only repeat was Tomb Raider Underworld, the rest is good for me. I'm disappointed in this (Coupon Valid date: 16/01/2017 to 30/01/2017).. why I have to wait to use the coupon...

7 years ago

Just a hunch, their prices will be inflated during that time interval.

7 years ago

Yeah maybe they want to skip that period with the holidays and sales..so you cant stack discounts :)

7 years ago*

It would have been great to be able to stack the discounts.

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Considering that I only would have bought it for FF: Lightning Returns (since for me that would be the only part I would hav ebought the box) I'm kinda happy I didn't spend money on it and am waiting for the Chritmas Sale on Steam.
On the other hand, whish for luck that' I'll be able to win it hear on SG!

7 years ago

So i can't understand this "refund" shouting, i mean this is a real decent bundle.
I got Lightning Returns, this one i wanted so bad and now i got it.
i wanted Goetia and now i got it.
Hitman i have already the Full Experience, but i can make a Giveaway or trade it.
and my favorites from back in the Days are in this bundle too, i loved Soul Reaver, so nice i have it now on steam :)
and Hitman GO is also a great Game.
This Bundle is really good.

7 years ago

not for all and not for me
please contact us at
storesupport-eu@square-enix.com
for refund

7 years ago

yeah i know, but we all know what we get in such bundles. they are always like this.

7 years ago

Yeah, but I was kinda hoping for Life is Strange or any other FF that's not from the XIII trilogy, and I already got Tomb Raider and Soul Reaver... bundle seems underwhelming compared to the older ones imo, well, guess I'll refund or trade/giveaway it. Still a pretty nice bundle if you're interested in FF XIII I guess

7 years ago

yes i thought they give Life is Strange Complete, but sadly not.

7 years ago

Not a bad bundle for me since the only game I already had was Underworld and I'm kind of a sucker for oldies like Legacy of Kain.
I was a little bit bummed at first cuz I was kinda hoping for a Tomb Raider that wasn't in my library.
Then I decided to give it to a friend and had to go through the long process of explaining that Pre-SE Tomb Raider games weren't QTE-fests and had a special kind of magic of their own.
Somehow after that I felt a lot better having received that game exactly because I know my friend's going to be giving that experience a go now ^^.

7 years ago

Refunding this garbage. None of the games interest me one bit.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

FF is always a series I want to play
Hitman Go is wishlisted
Goetia I suppose I can try out
Hitman + the coupon is a great deal! This alone makes the bundle... £20 for a game that's wishlisted is a steal!

Other games I'm gifting or giving so shrugs

7 years ago

Yeah, I'm happy with it as well. A pity the coupon for Hitman can't be used till January 16th, though...

7 years ago

Yeah seems very silly...

7 years ago

I didn't expect to get all the games (Goetia, Lightning Returns, Hitman Intro Pack + one GO game) I wished for. Definitely keeping this, thank you Square Enix for this christmas present!

7 years ago

Own everything but Goetia, still happy with the box.
Lightning Returns will be a great gift for someone on my friends list.

7 years ago

gift for someone on my friends list.

Are you already done finding your friends again?

7 years ago

A solid bundle, with a little too much filler. For me, it really throws into high relief how excellent the monthly Humble bundles are.

Tomb Raider: Underworld is something I think a lot of people will own - I do - and I also have the Soul Reaver games on GOG, so there's no reason to have them on Steam too. Giveaway stuff. I would be thrilled by Goetia if I hadn't won it here (note to self, play the game already). Hitman GO was on my wishlist, and the Intro Pack for Hitman is the one place where I feel we got a so-so value instead of a great one. I'm going to want all the chapters, so this is more a loss-lead for them than a special sale value. I get it, but now I'm still going to have to buy the upgrade at some point, and I expect the Intro Pack will be reduced on sale at every chance they get in future. The coupon is cool, but this is supposed to be a surprise box! It's generous, but still 2.5 times the cost of the offer in the first place. Well, you know, commerce. /shrugs

Final Fantasy is great. Overall - good value. Humble knocks me over every month with how rich the choices are.

7 years ago

The Intro Pack will most likely become free sometimes in the future.

7 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised, especially since they announced they will release more seasons for it (as DLC)

Easier to sell second season when you don't have to buy first/intro pack.

7 years ago

I agree. It's still OK. I try not to do too much shoulda-woulda-coulda with game discounts; prices are so volatile that it's just fuel for frustration. I try (when I can) to think of the value it has right now.

That said, this one really does look like it's on a no-frills trip to the Free lists, and they could have done better.

7 years ago

I would laugh so hard when there is a Square Enix HB today with the same Games :)

7 years ago

And more :)

7 years ago

I was thinking this, I admit. Maybe not today, but soon. It won't have the Final Fantasy game, though. Steamgifts will be very busy when the bundle comes!

7 years ago

I personally am glad I skipped this one, I would have gifted them all to gamers who would enjoy the games more since none interest me. :P

7 years ago

Damn, too bad i didnt bought that

7 years ago

12.49$ for the other episodes of hitman is tempting , but i think i'll buy it for 20$ on steam on the 22nd, steam money < real money. What a bitch move tho , 50% off on steam and their store and 75% on gamestop.

7 years ago

How do you get Steam money that much easier than real money? ;ö

7 years ago

Steam cards i get for free.

7 years ago

I dodged a bullet with that one.

7 years ago

Wow, I was tempted at one point, so glad I did not give in, I expected at least JC3 or Life is Strange Complete in there. Two good but ancient games, a mobile game, a kind of old game which is a repeat, an intro pack that is probably gonna be eventually free like Life is Strange episode 1 and an interesting point & click adventure. Indeed a surprise, but not a pleasant one.

7 years ago

You forgot the FF title.

7 years ago

Oh, I didn't know it's in, it's not mentioned on the top post. That does improve its appeal quite a bit.

7 years ago

I didn't like the selection, so I used the edit->cancel on my order page, and now I've been refunded. Happy others liked the bundle though. I was being greedy having already bought the Yogscast bundle, so it's good to get a bit of money back! :/

7 years ago

I would have bought Lightnng Returns for the same price anyway, so it's a good deal for me. Goetia is a really nice surprise and I'd also like to try the Hitman Intro eye candy.
Trading away the rest, I never found the Tomb Raider games appealing.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

X/X-2 was too "new" to be in this pack. I bought it for $9 on a sale and I considered it a good deal.

7 years ago

Quoting the reply they sent me in the mail box:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix EU Online Store Support. If you want a refund you need to cancel your order. You can go to your account and cancel your order by clicking on: My account > Your orders > Cancel order. The money will return to your account within 1-7 working days. Note: For digital products, as soon as you unlock the activation key, you lose your right for a refund. Please be sure to download and install your products prior to getting your key. If you have any additional problem or query, please don't hesitate to contact us! :)

7 years ago

Thanks, made this easy for me as I was just about to write them.

7 years ago

Order canceled and refunded a few hours ago (I contacted support), but still no mail from PayPal

7 years ago

I got no mail from paypal aswell, they said it'd take from 1 to 7 days , so be patient.

7 years ago

Well, money back takes 1/7 days, but refund is instantaneous

7 years ago

Good to know, much simpler than I expected, not having to write to support. Thanks.

7 years ago

7 years ago

While this is not bad value for 6.5 euros, I just don't care for some or already own the others.

I hoped for Life is strange and either FF IX or X and did not get any of those...I for one will refund and hope that the FF games will be on sale during the winter steam sale or on the square enix site.

7 years ago

I for one will refund and hope that the FF games will be on sale during the winter steam sale or on the square enix site.

"*Please note: All orders on the Square Enix Holiday Box 2016 are FINAL and refunds or exchanges are not possible with this order."

7 years ago

You can actually ask for a refund in the EU. It seems to be pretty simple actually, even more so than I expected, according to the last post on the previous page.

7 years ago

Yeah, I was just able to cancel the order. It's not confirmed yet though.

7 years ago

Due to the laws of the EU, people that live there can get refunds. It seems to be very simple as well (I could just cancel the order apperantly, not confirmed yet though).

7 years ago

Sorry about bringing up the talk about region locks again, but I've got a question for those who have more experience about creating region-locked giveaways. I'm from the EU and I'm assuming the keys are region-locked (at least with Lightning Returns according to SteamDB), but I don't see "EU only" option while creating a GA. People mention that keys bought in EU region are often ROW, but that's probably not the case with every game?

7 years ago

its not region locked. I'm in the South East Asia region and I managed to activate my copy of Lightning Returns that I got from someone who bought it from EU.

7 years ago

Good to know, thanks for the info!

7 years ago

It doesn't appear to be region restricted for the EU and people seem to be trading/gifting it without issues. If you are looking at the "No cross region trading and gifting" flag on SteamDB then that doesn't seem to mean a lot on it's own - plenty of ROW keys have that. If it actually has activation/purchase locks then they look like this;

https://steamdb.info/sub/84232/

Other keys for Lightning Returns don't appear to be region locked.

7 years ago

Yeah, I took the "No cross region trading and gifting" flag as a clear hint towards a region restriction. Now I know a bit more, thanks for clarifying!

7 years ago

That flag doesn't affect CD-keys.

7 years ago

This is a good bundle - not great, but good. I only owned TR: Underworld before, so I'm glad. Now I should get FF XIII and FF XIII-2 somehow...

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.