NOTE: At the end of this year (2022) I will be passing the torch over to ipax11. Once they have a new thread up and running, I will post a link to it in the top post as well as a comment (They may also post a link as well). This discussion thread will close at the end of this year. It has been a pleasure doing the last two years of Epic freebies with you all!

Here is link to that thread if you want a headstart: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/S4e2c/free-epic-games-store-list-of-all-weekly-free-games-every-thursday-at-11-am-et (will still post today but will close this thread out within the week)

So I'm making the move over to a new thread since the whole table/description was getting unwieldy. If you are looking for the past deals/discussion you can find it here

Here is the store

For the end of the year, Epic will giveaway a game every day from December 15 to Dec 29 (then back to weekly): https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-epic-games-store-will-reportedly-offer-a-free-game-every-day-over-christmas/

NOTE: these games will be claimable for 24 hours ONLY unlike normal freebies that last a week.

NOTE: games update daily at 11 am EST from Dec 15 2022 to Dec 29 2022.

NOTE: deals back to weekly on Dec 29 2022.

Game Free From Free Until
Dishonored Definitive Edition 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Eximius: Seize the Frontline 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Mortal Shell 28-dec-2022 29-dec-2022
Severed Steel 27-dec-2022 28-dec-2022
F.I.S.T.: Forged In S. Torch 26-dec-2022 27-dec-2022
Death Stranding 25-dec-2022 26-dec-2022
Metro Last Light Redux 24-dec-2022 25-dec-2022
Encased 23-dec-2022 24-dec-2022
Fallout Classic Collection. 22-dec-2022 23-dec-2022
Lego Builder's Journey 21-dec-2022 22-dec-2022
Wolfenstein The New Order 20-dec-2022 21-dec-2022
Them's Fighting Herds 19-dec-2022 20-dec-2022
Sable 18-dec-2022 19-dec-2022
Costume Quest 2 17-dec-2022 18-dec-2022
Horizon Chase Turbo 16-dec-2022 17-dec-2022
Bloons TD 6 15-dec-2022 16-dec-2022
1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

according to reddit & billbil-kun:
next games are
27th: Severed Steel
28th: Mortal Shell

about the last game he said:
I won’t leak Epic Games mystery game of December 29th (like I did for Death Stranding) as it’s a good franchise and it doesn’t deserve to be leaked this way,
Enjoy and Happy Holidays !

View attached image.
1 year ago*

29th Assassin's Creed origins ?

1 year ago

my bet is Mass Effect Legendary Edition

1 year ago

I heard about AC Origins too

1 year ago

I doubt it. It should be some game that is not on sale at the moment. So if the giveaway is from that franchise then, it will
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/assassins-creed-2

1 year ago

These would be nice. I'm curious enough to try, but not enough to buy

1 year ago*

I'm betting on Witcher 3.

1 year ago

Possible, maybe Fallout 3, New Vegas, 4 ? Maybe something else.

1 year ago

Didn't they already give away Fallout 3 along with Fallout 2?

1 year ago

1-3, fallout tactics, maybe not new vegas

1 year ago

They gave away Fallout 3 in november and Fallout 1/2/Tactics during this Christmas event.

1 year ago

Well the leaker said it was a franchise that didn't "deserve" to be leaked. So I figure Witcher 3 is a beloved franchise. Assassins Creed not so much. Fallout series is controversial at best.

1 year ago

A speculation of games that may be given the last day :

Mafia Remastered Trilogy
Dark Souls Trilogy
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Collection
GTA III + Vice City + San Andreas Definitive Edition
X-COM Collection (Modern Games)
Dishonored Definitive Collection

1 year ago

the Dark Souls games no for sure. there is no Bandai Namco game at Epic

1 year ago

Of all the games you've listed, Dishonored Definitive Edition is the only one which is not on sale.

1 year ago

is that his way of telling us he doesn't like Death Stranding

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

I hope it's Red Dead Redemption 2..

1 year ago

lol

1 year ago

Epic does not list the game on sale if they are going to be on year end giveaway and because Red Dead Redemption 2 is on sale, it won't be in any of the giveaways.

1 year ago

I was going to get Mortal Shell, but if they give this one for free, it's a win for me!

1 year ago

Mortal Shell for sure free without the Virtuous Cycle dlc and it is again without the achievements so it a skip for me. i hope they will put it into a Humble Choice bundle for steam

1 year ago*

Deleted

1 year ago*

I thought people play games for the fun of playing and not for the "You killed 1000 enemies" or "You looted 200 boxes" pop ups...

1 year ago

Back in the day when we used to hunt woolly mammoths, ride pterodactyls and not shop for groceries while we sit on the crapper we did.

Damnit! I need to get back into ARK 😅

1 year ago

To be honest, I play for both. Achievements are part of the fun for me. But if a game I'm interested in has no achievements, that's fine for me too. My first playthrough of a game with achievements is often without looking for the achievements, then after finishing the game (or sometimes near the end) I try to collect 100%. Except I'm too bored to continue playing the game or the achievements are just craziness (for example, original FF8 has an achievement for killing 10000 monsters. Would take ages to complete without cheating. So I gave up to 100% it).

1 year ago

My first playthrough of a game with achievements is often without looking for the achievements, then after finishing the game (or sometimes near the end) I try to collect 100%.

I used to do it, but now I don't have time to even play game on the first run. Not to mention re-runs for achievement, unless game would be amazing :D

I saw this Steam-year-summary thing and I beaten 13 games there this year, while average person beaten 5. I also get more than 350 achievements, while average person get like 20 achievements. That's 4 achievemetns per game. Which is IMO good indicator people on Steam are neither hard-core gamers, nor playing a lot. Just stick to few forever games like DOTA, CS:GO, PUBG or Apex. Where you won't get that many achievements after playing for hundreds of hours already

1 year ago*

I could never stick to one game only hehe. I love to start new games, explore new storys/worlds, etc.

And yeah, you really need time (and even more time for collecting achievements) for videogames. Luckily I have plenty of free time, so yeah. :)

1 year ago

I could never stick to one game only hehe. I love to start new games, explore new storys/worlds, etc.

I know people who do this, but with my goldfish memory I can't :joy: I like story driven games, and forgetting plot of story driven game is not good.

1 year ago

I'm glad I'm not alone with how I started thinking about "the average Steam user" and how wildly different they are from most of the SG users.

1 year ago

We do live in a bubble here where majority of people play a lot of various games. It's even worse in closed AAA groups or like BLAEO, where people play their wins.

But in general, people don't do this. Which is weird to me, being on gaming platform like Steam and don't play. It would be interesting though to see how many games are bought per person. If the average is say 3 and each person beats 5 then it would not be that bad :D

1 year ago

To be fair, the average user includes the person who plays the few same games, and the guy as well who plays FIFA every second weekend with their friends. We take this gaming thing quite seriously :P

1 year ago

Ugh FIFA. They should ban those lootboxes years ago. Hope more countries will go after them soon, same as Fortnite, Overwatch, Diablo Immoral etc. Gambling should be in games for +18. Even adults can fall into traps made by high paid behavior psychologists, not to mention kids or teenagers.

1 year ago

I used to trashtalk Ultimate Team for the same reason for years but this spring they gave Fifa 22 away on PS+ so I decided to give it a shot to form an educated opinion.

And to my surprise the Pay2Win aspect in Fifa is actually not that bad - specially for casual players.

Every 24 hours you can preview the contents of both types of standard lootboxes (which can be aquired with ingame currency) before you decide to buy them or not.
Also even playing it just casually you constantly keep unlocking free lootboxes - most of them untradable but still plenty of drops to make a very decent team.

Then there's also the Transfer market so if you NEED to have the Team of the Season version of one of the rarest players like Mbappé immediately you're probably better off to drop some coins you earn from playing matches and buy it there then to spend real money opening dozens of packs for the unlikely chance to get it randomly.

Maybe it's different if you're trying to play competitively and become the best of the best (insert Pokemon song) but at this point I've played like 60 hours building my team the Los Santos Lobos and I haven't spent a dime and was never really tempted to.

So in conclusion I'd say after years of shittalking FIFA it's actually not nearly as predatory as I expected it to be and no comparison to games like Genshin Impact or Diablo Immortal.

1 year ago

They did adjust monetization in recent release, mostly due to all the scrutiny they were facing. But we don't know if they won't go even harder if regulator's gaze is no longer on them, to "catch up" to revenue they lost due to being less predatory.

Releasing the same game each year (sometimes even "forgetting" to swap game banner name from previous installment) just to clear progress and force people to grind for hours or pay to get their favorite Messi or Ronaldo, showing people odds as "less than 1%", allowing people to spend thousands on slot machine and putting blame on "parents that don't moderate their kids close enough". This is a PEGI 3 game, parents should not expect any mechanisms that try to manipulate 3 y/o kid to spend money. Trying to put blame on them and making some half-solving problem parental controls in console option is not solution.

Also you may not be that invested in game, don't have friends who play which adds peer pressure, not have that much drive to get the team you dream about. It was openly said by EA executives they want to drive people into Ultimate Team, as it's giving them tons of cash.

Every 24 hours you can preview the contents of both types of standard lootboxes (which can be aquired with ingame currency) before you decide to buy them or not.

This is not a solution for people who already have a problem with gambling, no one will wait 24h to preview box. Esp that boxes will not refresh unless you buy them. So if it's weekend, and you have few hours to play - you won't wait till next day to peek into the box again, to decide it's worth spending cash.

Also even playing it just casually you constantly keep unlocking free lootboxes - most of them untradable but still plenty of drops to make a very decent team.

With "less than 1% chance to unlock player you really want". Unlocking top tier players gives competitive advantage (better player stats) and show off value. People invested in Ultimate Team do not settle for "decent team", nor on lootboxes that can drop only "good but not best" players that are not good enough to compete on top level.

Then there's also the Transfer market so if you NEED to have the Team of the Season version of one of the rarest players like Mbappé immediately you're probably better off to drop some coins you earn from playing matches and buy it there then to spend real money opening dozens of packs for the unlikely chance to get it randomly.

Game is not geared towards getting directly player you want, or lootboxes would be not necessary. From what I saw the best players would require weeks (if not longer) of grind for one. Otherwise people would be able to get all players they want after playing normally for few weeks and money would not be funneled into loot boxes. If they want to be "fair" they should just have shop where you could throw in 10 bucks to unlock Ronaldo, with a limit of say 3 direct purchases. And remove pair lootboxes altogether.

My mum started to play Candy Crush Saga and I was anxious she will get into wasting cash "on one more health" "you should get those bonuses, it's really hard level!" junk. Thankfully for her it's "sit for 10 min and go to do something else" game. But she's competing with people that start challenge and after 10 min have hundreds of thousands of collected candies. They must pour in so much cash it's ridiculous. She doesn't care. But there are people that will pour in cash just to compete, just to not allow someone else to be in front of them.

1 year ago*

TImes change, and people no longer buy DVDs with full game on release to play on their own. There are both people that get into gaming as in playing some microtranzaction ridden money grabs mobile games that are free on Google store, and those that will not start game because their Astats profile will be tainted if there is single broken achievements in the game.

I was also sadly in the club of "I must get as much achievemetns as possible" due to my OCD. I'm thankfully mostly over it. But I know temptation is there, so I do not touch Ubisoft copy-paste collectivle feast games. But also I have easier time to grab free game on Epic and drop it if I don't like it, in comparison to dropping game on Steam - as Steam stats are public, unless I'd make my profile to be a hermit.

If someone wants to play full game with DLC for full story and achievements, instead of chopped out stuff - don't see why someone should calling it out. Like in my case I easily forget what I did in game week ago, so beating base game to go back to DLC later is not an option for me.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

1 year ago

they already gited GTA5 2 years ago...hope in assassin origin..even if i don't know if it uses sse4 and i can't play it with my old Phenom 2 x4...

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

I can see Origins as the last freebie considering it has been on Amazon Prime but now the trilogy would be an interesting gift.

1 year ago

I'll take anything I don't own over AC Origins honestly. It's been free through Amazon prime and available through Humble Choice. Wouldn't be a good last freebie IMO

1 year ago

Happy cake day!

1 year ago

Same. I would take any other game since I already own it. And also happy cake day!

1 year ago

Not confirmed to be AC:O but it's a solid bet if the leak is to be believed. It most certainly won't be the GTA Trilogy though.

1 year ago

It most certainly won't be the GTA Trilogy though.

Why not?

1 year ago

It's too recent, too popular of a franchise and it hasn't even been published on Steam (the most popular platform) yet. It just wouldn't make any sense.

1 year ago

+1

1 year ago

Now is it too stupid to say Red Dead Redemption 2? Already been almost constantly on sale on steam.

1 year ago

I would love that but it's still selling too much I think. It does have an online part which would make it more likely, but it's no where near as popular as GTA online so I highly doubt it, maybe in a few years if we're lucky.

1 year ago

And steam also has it up for half the price on sale most of the time (it's on my to get list, but always when i have the money it's exactly not on a sale and then when my money runs out it's back on sale :p).

1 year ago

They've recently been putting it up for 1/3th of the price on sale so that's something :) I have enough to play for the moment so I'm not in a hurry to get it.

1 year ago

Same i feel you, normally i had a bunch of installed games that were a must play but not immediately, and a handful really must play now, now the really must play now has grown to about 30-50. :}
Think i got 800+ installed (although i have a habit of not always uninstalling some after i finished them, wanting to move the savegames to store).

1 year ago*

My backlog definitely isn't that big, but I have two big games on them so no need to buy more.

1 year ago

really hope they give us Mortal shell ,seems a cool game. severed steel seems fun too..finger crossed.

1 year ago

Severed Steel

1 year ago

Severed Steel showing as the new free game but listed at 50% off

1 year ago*

Beat me to it. :)

1 year ago

Add to basket. I only got info that it cost. But In last step, when you confirm an order the price will be reduced by 100% :)

Thats somethinh common in Epic when new free games starts.

1 year ago

Already seems to have cleared up. Also free DLC (Artbook) exists for this one.

1 year ago

Thanks, that worked for me. I'm not usually this early

1 year ago

Amazing game, be sure to give this one a go.

1 year ago

I'm glad to have it on Steam because there's also the workshop for mods

1 year ago*

you cannot stop, can you?

1 year ago

It must be some real issue, mental, probably

1 year ago

To be fair, I was glad to find out from their comment that it has workshop mods on Steam because I have that (apparently superior) version too. Not a fan of constant attacks on EGS but this at least contained useful information

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Death Stranding, FIST, Severed Steel, then Mortal Shell tomorrow. What a series of giveaways, it's awesome!
Feels like it's Christmas lol

1 year ago

But do they have achievements? like it mattered xD

1 year ago

Actually at least Death Stranding has!
Joke aside, after few repeats just going by, quite a few wanted, or highly interesting games this year. Let's not forget about (and never play) Sable as well :)

1 year ago

only Death Stranding, Horizon Chase Turbo, Them's Fighting Herds and Severed Steel have the achievements

1 year ago*

thats NOT even TRUE!
stop bullshitting again or you get reported again!

there are at least 160 games. not as many as steam offers but they keep on adding.

Epic Games with Achievements

1 year ago

yes i know, but of those who gave away in this promotion only those which I mentioned have the achievements

1 year ago*

NO ONE CARES except YOU!
stop beeing frustrated!

1 year ago

What exactly is your problem? I too couldn't care less for achievements but that doesn't mean I'm going go around harassing users. It's fine to disagree with them, but this definitely isn't the right approach. Someone else, not bambi, mentioned the achievements, bambi only mentioned which ones out of the given games have or don't achievements. You instantly went ahead to attack this user and couldn't deduce this was regarding the games given away this season which is weird since that's what was being talked above, and they weren't referring to the entire store. You go ahead threatening people with the report button as if you're the one in charge. It's my opinion you have to relax and reconsider your approach to things in life. Remind yourself in this conversation bambi didn't say absolutely nothing but mention which games do or don'ts. Didn't attack you, didn't try and make claims about whether they should or not. Just specified out of the current given games which do, politely. Just because you maybe couldn't convince them achievements aren't that important in another thread doesn't mean you have to chase them around the forum attacking them whenever they comment.

Maybe it's you that needs to stop and to use a mirror. You definitely need to stop chasing users around the forums to threaten them. If you're having a bad day maybe get a journal or something else to help you relieve stress.

PS: Just to take my stance before you assume as well, I don't care for achievements and I think in many cases they could be detrimental to the game experience, but I can understand if someone games specifically for this purpose. Not everything I do applies to everyone and not everything they do applies to everyone. I'm also personally glad epic is giving away these free games as well as gog, since they're basically games I don't have to pay for. I do see other problems with the epic store though yet they have improved from their launch date.

1 year ago

What exactly is your problem?

What is your problem?

Two users are debating.

You don't like it? Ignore.

You don't get to tell anyone here what to do or not do.

Everyone. Is. Sick. of. Whiny. Shameless. LYING. Leeches.

This is the second thread that this person has managed to flame.

1 year ago

No thanks I think I'll participate. As much as you might disagree with either one of them, in his post above bambi said nothing negative and they didn't make fun of epic, someone else above tried to make fun of them based on bambi's previous comments and all bambi said is that out of all just 4 of them do. It wasn't negative, he didn't say f epic here. He just confirmed which do or don'ts. This isn't flaming. Nothing said was rude or attacking EGS or anyone else here.

The next user, dohlicious, followed him around from a different conversation to flame him. That's not okay. I can guarantee that harassing users is against the rules of this website. Number 4 in user content rules states: "Personal attacks or hate speech. Threats, harassment, and slurs (e.g. insults towards a user's race, sexual orientation, or gender) are not allowed.".

You need to keep in mind bambi was already suspended for their previous actions for a few days. This comment was made after their return, and says nothing negative. Just points out "only Death Stranding, Horizon Chase Turbo, Them's Fighting Herds and Severed Steel have the achievements". No f*** epic, no harassment not anything. Their suspension has expired, seems they have cooled down after the previous topic, they are back, that doesn't grant another user the right to go ahead and keep harassing them from a post they already served a suspension on, or the try and rile them again to start up all over again.

Again, just because you don't like their opinion, doesn't mean it needs to be removed or vanish. I too disagree that it's what makes the gaming feel great or relevant, memorable, etc., but for some people, maybe it's a valid opinion and I can find plenty of reasons as to why(such as maybe wanting some sort of trophy to show from any game they complete, or maybe track the things they've done this year, etc.), so I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to want more games to have achievements. As long as it's not said in a toxic way I think it's completely fine for different opinions to be shared. It's part of conversation and we are not all the same. If you want to turn sg into a dictatorship where anything but your idea gets erased maybe talk to the site owner and see if they like that idea.

PS: We should mention in the same thread "https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/ItdRz/freenot-steamepic-games-daily-freebies-at-11-am-et-to-end-2022-moving-over-from-old-thread#BscK9Fs", You've said "DunnyWasTaken It's hard to tell whether you're a troll or simply mentally challenged. In either case, I feel sorry for you." implying they might be "mentally challenged" for having the opinion that EGS isn't up to their standard vs steam. It's not like you were the bigger person to try and be more educated and argue properly. In fact, you had no argument to make about it, so you chose to reply pointlessly out of pettiness. Just my opinion but just being upset that things don't always go your way doesn't make it right to call everyone on the side you disagree "mentally challenged because I can't prove your opinion wrong and I don't like it.".

I'm sure I've said some spicy things in an argument too, but I don't go around after winning or losing an argument to harass the same person like "yeah I remember you back from 1980 you f*** and I shall never let it go". Person served their suspension. It's done. Forgive move on.

Also, I'm not gonna stand to watch anyone else be pointlessly harassed or threatened either for something they were already suspended for, whether or not I agreed or disagreed with their original opinion since it's not the right thing to do.

I can definitely give my advice on what dohlicious should do. He doesn't have to follow it, he could definitely go full out mad if he'd like, and so can you. We can all suggest to each other it's time to stop when they're adding nothing just insulting and threatening. I'm not about to ignore this just because "I don't like it.". That's probably the thing you shouldn't do in this situation but to each their own. No debate was going on. Bambi said some facts(whether you like it or not it is a fact),dohlicious couldn't handle it and attacked him in response threatening him and harassing him, and then bambi responded nicely explaining in more detail what he meant, to which dohlicious responds with "don't care just shut up your opinion is invalid".. I'll definitely suggest someone they need to stop, what are you going to do about it?

No matter how you look at it, dohlicious was in the wrong here. We can leave it at that unless you believe you have a proper argument as to how it's a good thing to harass users after their suspension expires when they said nothing negative afterwards. I'm down to disagree with you. I'll be around. Take care.

1 year ago*

You quote

Number 4 in user content rules states: "Personal attacks or hate speech. Threats, harassment, and slurs (e.g. insults towards a user's race, sexual orientation, or gender) are not allowed."

then you write

It's not like you were the bigger person to try and be more educated and argue properly. In fact, you had no argument to make about it, so you chose to reply pointlessly out of pettiness.

Hmmmmm

How can you say both with a straight face? You just personally attacked him out of the blue and was very, VERY personal.

Also how on earth can you know why someone replies? Do you have a magic ball to consult? Are you God so that's why you know their intentions? Unless they expressly said, "I'm replying because so and so", then you just don't know their intentions. And there's no arguing against that, no matter how hard you try to.

then you finish your looooong post with

I'm down to disagree with you. I'll be around. Take care.

Does that sound like being a 'bigger person' or just ,,, I don't know, how would you describe this? Would you describe it as threatening, petty? IMHO yes you sound both.

Seriously how is your reply any different whatsoever from what you claim to disagree with?

So its fair to say you need to apologise for what you said, no?

1 year ago*

Trying to pour water, not oil, on the flames here, so hear me out.
Both dohlicious and zulu6x have been suspended to give them time to cool down and come back to the debate in a more civil manner.

Reigifts hasn't. Because they did nothing wrong. They were only qualifying the previous comments. That's not a personal attack.
The mods have intervened. Everyone back to their corner. No need to pour gasoline on the whole thing since you were not involved either.
Suspensions are not fun.

I'm just saying let bygones be bygones and learn to agree to disagree.
Happy Holidays.

1 year ago

Are you a moderator, Fluffster?
I don't see a Mod badge next to your name so I'm going with you're not.
Why are you speaking on the moderators' behalf? Please don't.

Just because one person hasn't been suspended doesn't mean they've done no wrong.

And to be absolutely honest with you, I don't see why you feel free to slander people who cannot reply to you, since they're suspended you say?

Both dohlicious and zulu6x have been suspended to give them time to cool down and come back to the debate in a more civil manner.

I respectfully ask you again to please not try to armchair moderate unless you're a moderator?

Feel free to let this bygone be a bygone as well and maybe you learn to agree to disagree as you advise.
Happy Holidays.

My questions for reigfts still stand. They're simple, polite and to the point.

1 year ago*

shrug

I finally decided not to be lazy. I don't comment much anymore, but reading is low effort. If someone wants to hate on someone, they can hate on me, because I'm too lazy to care. :3

1 year ago

A. "How can you say both with a straight face? You just personally attacked him out of the blue and was very, VERY personal."

To say it was out of the blue is like bending reality to fit your views because you can't accept actual reality. What part of it was "out of the blue?". I wouldn't have commented at all if he didn't attack someone in the first place by threatening them and insulting them. To claim I'm attacking them also doesn't add up. I'm not threatening them or harassing them, I just pointed out how the rules are against their behavior. I didn't make the rules, but I do support them. That doesn't make me an attacker. I haven't threatened them with a ban, but pointed out how they're in no position to threaten another with a ban, as they themselves are breaking a rule in the same post, and in a worse way.

Remember, I wouldn't have said a word had their comment not existed, insulting an threatening another user, who I mostly disagree with as well. Just so you don't think I'm taking sides for whatever reason. Just because I disagree doesn't mean it's justified for me to harass that user and threaten them.

To say I've attacked him by showing in his previous post he was insinuating someone might be mentally challenged for having a different opinion also makes no sense. I've mentioned that he couldn't prove that person wrong, so instead resorted to attacks and personal insults. Me mentioning this to him isn't an attack. You can't just claim someone's being attacked for absolutely everything. I've been polite, nice, explained why it's wrong, didn't threaten them. Not an attack. If they feel attacked, maybe it's because they realize that I am right, and what they did was wrong, and they don't like that. That's actually perfect, because that's my entire point. It means by being able to argue regarding the topic with them, they might have been convinced that it isn't the right thing to do. It's the ideal situation in any argument. You can argue without attacking people, and the whole point of arguing is to demonstrate why your opinion is the more valid one. I don't do it for self gratification, again I would have never commented if their comment wasn't about attacking someone else first.

I've mentioned before, I can't force them to do anything, I can't force you to do anything or any other user, nor do I want to, I'd prefer we can have a civil discussion and in this case we can explain to each other why it's good or bad to do this. I have given them the chance to take the stance for pro harassment but they haven't so far. If you'd like to take that stance by all means, I am willing to debate against it. Not an attack, me being willing to discuss the negatives of harassment(even though to me they seem so rudimentary) is something I'm willing to do if I could help someone in the long term.

It's not necessarily about why someone replies, conversation is great and we should carry it along ourselves, it's about HOW we reply. I can read what they reply and deduce whether or not it's insulting, threatening, etc. I don't consider myself gifted, or a god for being able to make the difference between a threat, an insult, compliments, commentary, pettiness, etc. There's a reason why I said above bambi simply elaborated on his first comment after being insulted, only to be insulted again by that same person.

B. " Unless they expressly said, "I'm replying because so and so", then you just don't know their intentions. And there's no arguing against that, no matter how hard you try to."
I don't believe someone always needs to start their sentence with declaring their intention for someone to understand what someone said. There might be specific cases but it will pretty much never apply to conversation. Imagine if we all had to say "I'm replying because you said hi, and I wanted to say hello back to you". Part of language is to compress it and that part is pointless. We can deduce the intention.

When you read something like "stop bullshitting again or you get reported again!" as a reply to "only Death Stranding, Horizon Chase Turbo, Them's Fighting Herds and Severed Steel have the achievements", then it is my belief the overwhelmingly majority of people should be able to deduce the first person insulted someone and threatened someone who just typed out something., and if you follow more for clarification you'll see someone try to explain in better detail what they meant "yes i know, but of those who gave away in this promotion only those which I mentioned have the achievements" only to get replied with "NO ONE CARES except YOU! stop beeing frustrated!". I mean what can we deduce by this, a polite conversation on both parties? No of course not, someone called someone a bs'er and threatened them with a ban, then after a polite reply to them, they told the other person no one cares and to stop being upset. Bambi expressed no frustration, the one insulting did express quite a bit. Correct me if I'm wrong and maybe I'm seeing different words on my screen and maybe these words and phrases mean different things and are generally targeted at polite conversation between two strangers. Always willing to debate language too.

C. "then you finish your looooong post with" and everything you said after that.
I can explain myself in more detail of course but I thought I did it above but I don't mind. When I said "I'm down to disagree with you. I'll be around. Take care." It means that if the person involved, or anyone, would like to disagree with me whether or not it's right to threaten users, harass them and follow them across different posts after they already served a suspension for how they acted before, when they only made simple non insulting comments now, then yes I am definitely willing to debate the right or wrong of that. There's not much to it. Would you or anyone else like to take a stance for pro harassment of our users? I will disagree with you. That's not a threat, I believe I can make a strong argument why we shouldn't promote this behavior.

"Would you describe it as threatening, petty? IMHO yes you sound both.". It is not petty, nor is it a threat. I've explained it in great detail as to why the comments are wrong ways to address someone, it might seem annoying because people should and could deduce it's not the right thing to do, but offering to discuss it more so we can reason the right and wrongs of it, isn't petty, I'm offering to debate this with them if they believe they have a strong enough argument to support why it's a good thing to do to someone, especially after they already served their suspension and didn't do nothing bad after.

It's also not a threat, just because I told them I'm willing to listen and I'll reply to them doesn't mean they should feel threatened, unless of course they feel threatened since I'm not jus willing to let them do this to people, or they plan to simply try to brush me off and not prove their side right, case in which, it simply means my argument can't be proven wrong, and therefore, it would make me right in the discussion.

From that point on, it becomes the duty of a moderator/admin to moderate the people, and my duty to report such incidents. Because if someone doesn't want to treat others with respect, isn't willing to listen to advice like "cool down, take a break", they are a negative presence on the community. If they can't follow the rules, which don't ask for much, just basic decency, then they aren't contributing in any way meaningful. You can't help some people and that's okay. I'd like to at least try and explain why it's not the right approach. We're supposed to learn from each other and help each other. It's part of growth.

As for my reply being different I think that's pretty simple, I didn't threatened or insult them. If they are upset about it, I believe it's time to reflect on it.

If I left anything unanswered let me know. As for me apologizing for anything I've just said, the only thing I would apologize for is my sometimes bad grammar and the people who have been nice enough to endure it and read throughout my entire post. I have nothing else to apologize for because I didn't do anything else wrong. Maybe I'll apologize for not being able to format my text properly, oh well.

1 year ago*

Against my better judgment, I took the time to read your third very long post here.

To be honest with you, you added absolutely no real reasoning. You 're just running around in circles to justify your angry, holier-than-thou attitude.

I was going to disassemble your post, replying to each claim you made but seeing how your circular logic will kick in again for the third or fourth time now, I genuinely feel it's a lost cause.

Just coating your responses with fake calmness while trashing others is neither logical nor excuses you for what you said.

Just one important thing, I was talking about your response to the person above you, yet you clearly keep referring to the person before him and mix the two together, in two of your three responses.

He wrote four or five lines and you responded with a tirade of emotional paragraphs.
He didn't provoke you, yet your response to him was the angriest of all your replies so far and yet you still feel in the right.
I'm sorry but you aren't.

I don't feel talking with you further about this will lead anywhere positive unfortunately so I bid you farewell.

1 year ago

"Against my better judgment, I took the time to read your third very long post here.
To be honest with you, you added absolutely no real reasoning. You 're just running around in circles to justify your angry, holier-than-thou attitude."

I wasn't actually sure how you could disagree with me from the start to be honest, but I commend you for trying? All I'm saying "tldr" is "be nice to each other". With all due respect, it isn't rocket science We're not discussing complex formulas or anything, I'm just appealing at people's morality and asking for decency. There isn't anything to argue against me, I am right.

Also I did mention I also said spicy things before probably, but I did mention how it was wrong to follow that person to a different post to harass them for the past, especially after the suspension was served.

"I was going to disassemble your post, replying to each claim you made but seeing how your circular logic will kick in again for the third or fourth time now, I genuinely feel it's a lost cause."

I mean, why don't you though? it's not worth your time to explain to me how it's okay to be rude to others. You don't have the time to explain to me how we should threaten others? Calling it circular logic because maybe it doesn't pertain to you is not okay in my opinion. Again, we're not exploring some subject that's really difficult to understand. I'm sure you grasp the logic of it, but maybe just don't agree with my view, it's okay to disagree, but my view is right.

"Just coating your responses with fake calmness while trashing others is neither logical nor excuses you for what you said."
If pointing out how it's not okay to insult people for no reason and to threaten them, especially when it's being pointed in the kindest way possible, then I mean maybe you also believe we should start feeling bad for murderers? Wont someone think of the murderers, how dare the rest of us treat them this way! What they do is their business! Right? What exactly are you suggesting? That it's wrong to politely tell people when they're wrong about something because they might feel attacked for doing something wrong and they'd rather be able to do that wrong and it's more convenient if people let them do it? What exactly is your solution? If you're not going to do anything about it, how would you lead those who to any degree hurt others towards a better path or a better world?

You yourself, the person who had the audacity to ask or somewhat imply whether I consider myself god, seem to suffer a little bit of hypocrisy here. You started your own reply with "Against my better judgment" and ended it with "I don't feel talking with you further about this will lead anywhere positive". You must be convinced you are too good or right in your mind to cut off a conversation after you initially invited me to discuss this with you, without actually proving me wrong and using the standard formula of "well I can't really disagree with that and I don't have anything useful to add so I'll claim you're the one not adding anything so I can back out of this argument without you embarrassing me".

"Just one important thing, I was talking about your response to the person above you, yet you clearly keep referring to the person before him and mix the two together, in two of your three responses."
Sure, and I've explained to you in great detail, which seems to have offended you, as to why both of them are wrong, and how the user you were referring to made claims that are in the wrong. It's completely acceptable to refer to text from all parties in that thread as the user you were referring to made comments that wouldn't be understood had the other users comments not been mentioned, as they were linked.

"He wrote four or five lines and you responded with a tirade of emotional paragraphs.
He didn't provoke you, yet your response to him was the angriest of all your replies so far and yet you still feel in the right.
I'm sorry but you aren't."
I responded in detail to explain why he's wrong. He did try to provoke me, otherwise he wouldn't ask me "what my problem was" for defending a user. The difference was that the person I directed my "what's your problem" towards was a user that was attacking someone who said nothing. The response I got, was someone who was ignorant to the situation, and made claims such as "Two users are debating.". Now I don't think I need to be the god of English to confidently say that was no debate. Then he went ahead to make some other questionable remarks, earning his long reply.

There's nothing wrong with a long reply. It goes into much more detailed, such that anyone should have an easy time understanding. If you're upset someone spent the time to explain something in detail, you can't blame that person. They took the time to go in detail for you. It honestly should be a thank you for the dedication and effort. If someone refuses to learn from that or at least consider it, it is on them. The information is in front of their eyes. I'm not about to give participation trophies for ignorance.

"yet you still feel in the right. I'm sorry but you aren't."
I have given you, him and whoever the chance to prove me wrong, and you couldn't. How could I be in the wrong, yet you can't prove me wrong. If I am in the wrong on any of this, where exactly does that put you or him? Take a stance for yourself if you believe you actually can.

It's totally okay with me if you want to back out, just don't try to pretend that this was a neutral argument or more towards your side. You took a specific side, you couldn't argue for your side or refused to do so, and as I said before, if you can't prove me wrong, I must be at least somewhat in the right, and relatively, if you have nothing good to argue for your side, you're probably somewhat in the wrong. It's completely okay from my point of view, I mean I personally prefer it this way, such that I end up being in the right, but for both of us it should be a learning experience.. I've lost arguments before and there's something to always learn, but I don't mind admitting when I'm in the wrong.

Hope you don't mind the long reply again, I really enjoy going in detail. See ya.

1 year ago

While I agree with your notion, no need to be rude when he makes a kind of valid point without the usual propaganda. It was easy to misunderstand the few games being listed if you already look to argue - that and your overall tone paints you quite frustrated as well. Been there, done that, there's no need to get worked up. Likely the stress comes from other things, but if these comments affect you thia much, it can be beneficial to skip them for a week or so. (Or keep it to minimum, to get the info/links)

Again - this is my own experience with the same thing. Unneeded stressors are a huge problem over the years, better to avoid / handle them properly.

1 year ago

Speaking of which, is this person for real or trolling? Can't tell.

1 year ago

Trolls and fanboys. The worst

1 year ago

I'm starting to not trust any of their so-called arguments at all. Not even worth talking to them anymore.

They keep recycling the same idiotic excuses to hate, yet you see them pop up every now and then on Epic-exclusive threads to spew hate. Why are they here then?

1 year ago

They keep recycling the same idiotic excuses to hate

Sometimes they bring in new ones, but only if they usual ones can't be applied. Constantly moving the goalposts, spewing nonsense, what is a deadly mistake by Epic is an acceptable missing feature in a game they like (on Steam). I'm big fan of the "no contact, no reply" method, with a report when they still take actual effort to reply to me just to try to sour the experience. A troll / troubled person, not worth arguing or really talking with, mods will sort out when it hits a critical point again

1 year ago

Oh yes, I stopped replying to that crowd anywhere they rear their heads a long time ago. Except they keep popping up here! Like, why? :)

1 year ago

At the end of this year (2022) I will be passing the torch over to ipax11. Once they have a new thread up and running, I will post a link to it in the top post as well as a comment (They may also post a link as well). This discussion thread will close at the end of this year. It has been a pleasure doing the last two years of Epic freebies with you all!

1 year ago

Good luck and thank you for contributing to our love of free games

1 year ago

Thank you!

1 year ago

Thank you for your service <3

1 year ago

Thanks for your efforts.

1 year ago

Happy holidays, thank you for your service and a happy new year! :)

1 year ago

Thanks for all the work keep it up~! :] These posts have been burned in to my address bar that they come up first when I type "steam".

1 year ago

Thanks! Here is the thread.

1 year ago

Thanks a lot for the continued effort during this time

1 year ago

Thank you!

1 year ago

Thank you!

1 year ago

Cheers for the work done. Appreciated! :)

1 year ago

Thanks for doing this the past two years, good luck with your future projects!

1 year ago

Mortal Shell

Next image to decipher

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

Is it Dishonored Collection?

1 year ago

oh dishonored the last game, i have already played all the franchise! but coool

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Fail? How so?

1 year ago

Accidentally teleported off the roof, happened to most if us :D

1 year ago

more like dropped on head.

1 year ago

Disappointing to me since I already own and played all of them, but definitely an awesome franchise for those who've never played them. One of my favorite games. I hope you guys and gals get all three of them :)

1 year ago

Never played them, sounds cool to me though.

How is this a fail?

1 year ago

They are not bad games on itself, but most of us hoped on something bigger.

1 year ago

i'm sure that no Dishonored game on Epic come with the achievements and i'm glad to own all of them on steam

1 year ago

28.12.2022 Mortal Shell

29.12.2022 DISHONORED 2

1 year ago

The Black Red is more close to Death of the Outsider

1 year ago

1 year ago

Thanks! I like them fresh...I mean Rotting 😇I mean whatever.

1 year ago

The Outsider’s Mark on the mystery game cover definitely indicates it is going to be a Dishonored game. Based on the color scheme of the mystery game cover and the Outsider’s Mark, my guess would be Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

whats with epic slow download speed tho ?

1 year ago

no idea.

1 year ago

Big disappointment this year (compared to previous years). The only decent games are those I already own and played. The rest doesn't interest me much.

1 year ago

of this Epic holiday promotion i'm happy especially for Death Stranding. I managed to get both versions (of which the standard one is no longer on sale) and both have the achievements so i can play it and platinum it

1 year ago*

next thread: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/S4e2c/free-epic-games-store-list-of-all-weekly-free-games-every-thursday-at-11-am-et but reminder that I will keep posting here for the rest of the year

1 year ago

last game is dishonored definitive edition

View attached image.
1 year ago

1 year ago

Eximius come with the achievemenets. amazing

1 year ago

Does the outsider symbol from the wrapping paper even show up in the first game?
It has been a while since I played that.

1 year ago

From the wiki

View attached image.
1 year ago*

umm the image didn't load

1 year ago

I'm pretty sure it's marked on protagonist's hand

1 year ago

Eximius looks interesting, I'm going to give that a try for sure.

1 year ago*

Sadly it's a dead game https://steamcharts.com/app/505740

1 year ago

at least it has single player

1 year ago

I think that's just because it has bots. I don't think there's a campaign or something like that.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/505740/discussions/0/1733213724906701671/

1 year ago

I was hoping for Death of the Outsider, so that the combo Prime gaming + Epic would have completed my Dishonored collection in one shot... But anyway, pretty happy with all the giveaways :D
And thanks to OP for the updated post!

1 year ago

Eximius: Seize the Frontline is also free today.

1 year ago

it is a dead multiplayer game so not very a good giveaway but i can't complain anyway as it is free

1 year ago*

It mentions there's single player and co-op.

1 year ago

I just found a post by one of the devs from last year addressing the playerbase.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/505740/discussions/3/3090023948254571330/

I'm guessing that players on Steam and EGS will be able to play together.

1 year ago

next week it is Aiko's choice... really excited

1 year ago

Closed 1 year ago by letsmaybeLP92.