NOTE: At the end of this year (2022) I will be passing the torch over to ipax11. Once they have a new thread up and running, I will post a link to it in the top post as well as a comment (They may also post a link as well). This discussion thread will close at the end of this year. It has been a pleasure doing the last two years of Epic freebies with you all!

Here is link to that thread if you want a headstart: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/S4e2c/free-epic-games-store-list-of-all-weekly-free-games-every-thursday-at-11-am-et (will still post today but will close this thread out within the week)

So I'm making the move over to a new thread since the whole table/description was getting unwieldy. If you are looking for the past deals/discussion you can find it here

Here is the store

For the end of the year, Epic will giveaway a game every day from December 15 to Dec 29 (then back to weekly): https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-epic-games-store-will-reportedly-offer-a-free-game-every-day-over-christmas/

NOTE: these games will be claimable for 24 hours ONLY unlike normal freebies that last a week.

NOTE: games update daily at 11 am EST from Dec 15 2022 to Dec 29 2022.

NOTE: deals back to weekly on Dec 29 2022.

Game Free From Free Until
Dishonored Definitive Edition 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Eximius: Seize the Frontline 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Mortal Shell 28-dec-2022 29-dec-2022
Severed Steel 27-dec-2022 28-dec-2022
F.I.S.T.: Forged In S. Torch 26-dec-2022 27-dec-2022
Death Stranding 25-dec-2022 26-dec-2022
Metro Last Light Redux 24-dec-2022 25-dec-2022
Encased 23-dec-2022 24-dec-2022
Fallout Classic Collection. 22-dec-2022 23-dec-2022
Lego Builder's Journey 21-dec-2022 22-dec-2022
Wolfenstein The New Order 20-dec-2022 21-dec-2022
Them's Fighting Herds 19-dec-2022 20-dec-2022
Sable 18-dec-2022 19-dec-2022
Costume Quest 2 17-dec-2022 18-dec-2022
Horizon Chase Turbo 16-dec-2022 17-dec-2022
Bloons TD 6 15-dec-2022 16-dec-2022
1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I couldn't log in for two hours, then I could minutes ago but the free games page got lost. The free game was the Director's Cut version at first, now they changed it to the base game.

1 year ago

I got both versions. DEATH STRANDING and DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT

View attached image.
1 year ago

And TWICE? Epic, are you drunk already?

1 year ago

Ask EPIC GAMES ^.^

1 year ago

The 2nd "copy" looks like some separate addon content that installs to a different location. I don't know what it is exactly.

1 year ago

One is the game, the other is ''content'', whatever that is.

View attached image.
1 year ago

So it's maybe the soundtrack, art thingies and such. Still weird.

1 year ago

I got the base game with a steamcode because another purchase 2 years ago. I decided to buy the DC upgrade on Steam in september. I haven't started the game yet.

I don't mind the game itself, but it hurts me a little because I wasted some time trying to redeem it and got nothing (only could OG verion later). I am happy gor the people who got the DC version, but I think the decision should be more equal for all of us: or they remove it from them or they open some time to get the DC again for all of us.

Now that I read your info, I see we are not getting another Death Stranding DC opportunity soon. I don't want them to remove it for the lucky ones, but I don't like being one of the unlucky ones who have been trying to get DC version on time and couldn't get it after many attempts.

It's not about the game, it is about valuing my time. Yes, I know, I am wasting my time again, but I had to say it. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.

1 year ago*

Next game?

1 year ago

1 year ago

thank you

1 year ago

Better install Directors Cut just in case they renege on the giveaway.
It was their error not ours.

1 year ago

I suspect that it won't work if the game is removed from the account...
The EGS launcher will simply give an error when trying to launch such a game

1 year ago

Idk, wasn't that EGS is DRM-free? It would worth a try launching from the download folder.
Personally I don't have the bandwidth to download it, so I'm just hoping to keep the version. Or just buy the upgrade really if things go that way - they already saved so much money for me with the base game.

1 year ago

GoG is DRM free, not EGS ;-)

1 year ago

Found it

https://eoshelp.epicgames.com/s/question/0D54z00007xGYgTCAW/any-sort-of-drm-for-the-epic-store?language=en_US

"Hi, EGS itself maintains a stance of being DRM free so we don't offer any out-of-the-box DRM"

1 year ago

Actually the great majority of EGS games are drm-free, I install them using Legendary, and it does have an option to launch the games using Epic authentication and all, but for the great majority of games you don't need it, you just launch the game's executable and it works, you can take that install folder, copy to a pen drive, transfer to how many PCs you want, and they'll launch no problem.

Obviously online games will need authentication, but the only single player game I found which needs authentication with epic to work was Crying Suns

1 year ago

1 year ago

Is Director's cut upgrade worth it?

1 year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKg1ZZ1FBLk
in short:
new tools and equipment for players to experience, a firing range, racetrack, extra missions, and few story

1 year ago

still really awesome as a gift!

1 year ago

+1 yeah true ;)

1 year ago

+1

1 year ago

Lol I guess Epic don't have enough Fortnite money to splurge on Director's cut...Oh well

1 year ago

I doubt that has anything to do with it.

My guess is that whenever they do these giveaways, when it's a bigger "AAA" type of thing, part of the negotiation is "Ok we'll give you this much, and only the base game will be available, which creates a new DLC purchase potential for hundreds of thousands of new players."

1 year ago

So basically they didn't have enough money.

1 year ago

Didn't offer* enough

1 year ago

As SymphonyARG posted earlier, Epic knows there's a problem and they are working to fix it. Don't despair, pretty sure it will be available for everyone, again, for free.

1 year ago

awesome giveaway. I got lucky and got both the standard and the director's cut of death stranding. the game also has achievements. I feel sorry for those who take it now. Epic once again proves to be not very serious unfortunately. One more reason to hate them.

1 year ago*

View attached image.
1 year ago

Let them have this little joy, I'm quite sure they got a warning to stay away from discussions like this. Their behaviour changed abruptly after the suspension, but ... old habits die hard. Just a random on the "if anyone makes a mistake, it's an accident, if Epic, they are hateful lying monsters who deserve only hate" bandwagon. Eventually they'll realize that it's people, who make these mistakes by confusing packs and pricings.

1 year ago

I noticed that change in behaviour, yes. That's why I chose a somewhat harmless reminder that what they posted is still bs. If they actually fall back in their old habits, they will get reported anyways.

1 year ago

Yeah I guess.Merry Christmas, and have some fun if feasible ^^

1 year ago

You too, happy holidays! :)

1 year ago

Happy cake day!

1 year ago

Thank you! :)

1 year ago

Happy cakeday!

1 year ago

1 year ago

Happy cakeday!

1 year ago

1 year ago

I'm quite sure they got a warning to stay away from discussions like this

More than a warning.

About seven days ago, they who shall not be named said 'blablabla hatehatehate, F**K Epic' on this very thread.
They got a nice 7-day shhhhhhhhh :p
Here's their little hateful comment.

This is AFTER the 3-day shhhhh they got on the previous thread they spammed.

Some people just need help. It's not a matter of opinion; they just pathologically are unable to stop being venomous.

1 year ago*

Damn, now I'm disappointed. In both them blaming the site for the developer's choice, and for Bambi's lack of self-awareness and improvement. I thought they were acting better.

1 year ago

Lol and i thought the guy is banned for good, oh well...
Look at the bright side, maybe the guy is farming for getting the most blacklist, who knows..

1 year ago

LEARN TO BE GRATEFUL FOR KINDNESS OF OTHERS. Someone's kindness is not your right.

1 year ago

people getting directors cut...

1 year ago

now no more. only the standard edition is freebie. the director's cut was an Epic mistake

1 year ago

the directors cut would have been nice. but i pretty much knew it was a mistake since they wouldn't be able to charge for the DLC upgrade then.

This was a game I was interested in, but would probably have never bought myself. so a chance to try it out, i'm OK with the edition they gave.

1 year ago

Got the normal version but it still shows it in the store as not owned but it is in my library. When I add it to cart again it says owned or purchase processing so I guess just a visual bug from all the site traffic?

1 year ago

me too. i clamed both versions but both don't show as owned in the store. it's definitely another epic fail store bug

1 year ago*

1 year ago

Thanks, it shows it there.

1 year ago

i had successfully claimed the DC, and it shows on my transactions, but it has been removed from my account

edit: whoooops, my mistake, i had a filter enabled and didn't notice, it is still there. why does this clunky client not reset filters on close i will never understand.

1 year ago*

Luckily it hasn't been removed for me yet. i see it in my library

1 year ago

I have both too in my library and i can install the without any problem.

1 year ago

Did you get confirmation on email after you claimed the game, because I did not yet.

1 year ago

Nope, not for this one. It's in my library though.

1 year ago

I got it shortly after claiming the base game, around 2.5 hours ago.

1 year ago

Thanks for the list

1 year ago

Epic did the pro gamer move and changed the version to standard edition!

1 year ago

1 year ago

this will be cool

1 year ago

🤩🤞

1 year ago

This "prediction" was guessed before using the same clue: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/ItdRz/freenot-steamepic-games-daily-freebies-at-11-am-et-to-end-2022-moving-over-from-old-thread/search?page=3#mY2pOeb. But the clue is about the Kabyle language and Berbers who are from Algeria which doesn't really fit with Assassin's Creed Origins which takes place in Egypt (A redditor made a link that the main protagonist was a berber which he isn't according to the Wiki). So to me that clue doesn't really add up to AC:O, I could be that that will be the game but it's a terrible clue for it.

Edit: Seems like the main protagonist is referred as a Berber after all (after doing some more research) so combined with the word "origins" in the clue it is most likely this game.

1 year ago*

Holy carp, what a shit store!
I only managed to get Death Stranding on a mobile login, after 14 hours! I could not sign in with my Mac's browser, and the Mac application was stuck on loading the checkout button.

1 year ago

Game removed from library and not replaced with base version
Game show on transactions and got the mail
it was previously in the library

1 year ago

I still have the DC in my library.
Either it takes some time or they pick and chose :D

1 year ago

Did you check your filters? User sylentviper above thought their DC was gone but later realized some filters had simply hidden it.

1 year ago

I was sure I removed all the filters (I tried several times)

I had put the word DEATH and only Death Coming and Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition appeared

Now the game appears

1 year ago

yeah same thing happened to me

1 year ago

I think it is not fair for the people who really tried to get DC but couldn't due to the webpage's collapse.

1 year ago

Wait for Tim to revoke the licenses anyway.
He won't want to pay full price (6€ each) for these licenses, whose price was not negotiated in a agreement with 505 Games.
The most likely outcome is that everyone gets the base edition, as agreed with 505 Games in the contract for the giveaway.

1 year ago

Nah I don't think they'll revoke the licenses of people who got the DC.

A while back, Fifa 23 was price glitched in india for only a few cents and Epic honored the purchases of everyone who got it for cheap.. I doubt they would do this, especially at a time like this during holidays.

1 year ago

They already upset people over the holidays by correcting the mistake and giving away the base version afterward, I don't think that'll factor into their decision. I think way more people were able to get the DC than the Fifa mistake. I didn't even know about the Fifa glitch, and it was only in one region. In the end I think it depends on what's an acceptable loss to Epic.

1 year ago

The case of the price mistake of FIFA in India has been the exception.
Other cases, e.g. Circus Electrique, were dealt in a different manner.

1 year ago*

You don 't seem to be a lawyer and don 't know what a public offer is ? it is not possible to revoke the license, whoever received it received it through no fault of the user, this is a deal for 0 if it would have been initially free, then it's another matter)))

1 year ago

Check what happened in previous cases with Epic Games.

1 year ago

But... If they are going to revoke them... Why haven't they done that already? Is there a process for doing so?

1 year ago

Good question. Maybe they will accept to pay for the licenses. Or the upper-management is too busy: the game was given away on Christmas day ; people at Epic Games are on holidays till next year. I don't know who was in charge of fixing the mistaken giveaway, but this person must have been alone in the office. Only time will tell.

1 year ago

^ Gets Death Stranding for free.. complains about version. ^

Oufff

1 year ago

+1

1 year ago

yeah it never gets boring with "leechers vs epic"

1 year ago

They get 450 free games over the corse of 3/4 years, still cant be bothered to buy a 5 dollar upgrade for the Directors Cut upgrade :) Instead, complain in online forums how epic is the root of all evil!

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

Complain about the games not having achievements, we all know that story

1 year ago

They are called achievements only on Steam. On other sites they are just sparkling milestones.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

IMHO, it's not very elegant how Epic managed the Death Stranding error. I know they have publisher's agreements for the Standard, but let's be real, the DC is not a 60€ game. It's still quite cheap. Probably, if they wanted, they could have been able to rediscuss the agreements with 505 Games for a fair fee.
But then, they could not sell the DLC.

1 year ago

really i can't complain at all. and for my old PC i think this will run maybe DC won't.

1 year ago

505 are famous for such moves. Just before Humble's monthly bundle they released Standard edition of Control just to sell DLCs :/

1 year ago

And now they further mock the choice subscribers but having a "505 Games sale" at humble store with Control Ultimate Edition discounted but dlcs and the season pass not on sale.

1 year ago

i'm on steam by day 1...cuz i needed it to activate my retail copy of Half Life 2..so i can't be tgged as an anti steam, but now that i've got financial problems i can only thanks Epic for the 100+ games gifted...and steam could be a bit more generous to their loyal customer..only this.

1 year ago

wow again Epic gift us a big AAA game , while steam doesn't gift anything in 18 years gor only left for dead 2 from steam. from epic i got nearly 100 games and some very big title.thanks Epic

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

Well, Steam doesn't gift anything because they don't have to buy customers to shop at their store. And there are plenty freebies from devs and other resellers for steam keys so, why compare apple and oranges?
But I do find humorous people who bitch about Epic non stop while obviously taking the freebies.
Either ignore Epic even exists, for whatever reason, or take the freebies and shut up, people.

1 year ago

😅👍100000% agreed

1 year ago

1 year ago

I think Steam preemptively "bought" the loyalty of its users with the bigger sale events back in 2011-2014 or so, before its main competitors could get off the ground. Everyone keeps an eye out for Steam sales now and associates them with good game deals and fun events. Now Steam doesn't have to do anything special with such a huge lead in user base.

I feel like I have to say this isn't pro or anti Steam or Epic, it's just my take on the situation.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

1 year ago

Closed 1 year ago by letsmaybeLP92.