NOTE: At the end of this year (2022) I will be passing the torch over to ipax11. Once they have a new thread up and running, I will post a link to it in the top post as well as a comment (They may also post a link as well). This discussion thread will close at the end of this year. It has been a pleasure doing the last two years of Epic freebies with you all!

Here is link to that thread if you want a headstart: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/S4e2c/free-epic-games-store-list-of-all-weekly-free-games-every-thursday-at-11-am-et (will still post today but will close this thread out within the week)

So I'm making the move over to a new thread since the whole table/description was getting unwieldy. If you are looking for the past deals/discussion you can find it here

Here is the store

For the end of the year, Epic will giveaway a game every day from December 15 to Dec 29 (then back to weekly): https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-epic-games-store-will-reportedly-offer-a-free-game-every-day-over-christmas/

NOTE: these games will be claimable for 24 hours ONLY unlike normal freebies that last a week.

NOTE: games update daily at 11 am EST from Dec 15 2022 to Dec 29 2022.

NOTE: deals back to weekly on Dec 29 2022.

Game Free From Free Until
Dishonored Definitive Edition 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Eximius: Seize the Frontline 29-dec-2022 5-jan-2023
Mortal Shell 28-dec-2022 29-dec-2022
Severed Steel 27-dec-2022 28-dec-2022
F.I.S.T.: Forged In S. Torch 26-dec-2022 27-dec-2022
Death Stranding 25-dec-2022 26-dec-2022
Metro Last Light Redux 24-dec-2022 25-dec-2022
Encased 23-dec-2022 24-dec-2022
Fallout Classic Collection. 22-dec-2022 23-dec-2022
Lego Builder's Journey 21-dec-2022 22-dec-2022
Wolfenstein The New Order 20-dec-2022 21-dec-2022
Them's Fighting Herds 19-dec-2022 20-dec-2022
Sable 18-dec-2022 19-dec-2022
Costume Quest 2 17-dec-2022 18-dec-2022
Horizon Chase Turbo 16-dec-2022 17-dec-2022
Bloons TD 6 15-dec-2022 16-dec-2022
1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

1 year ago

I forgot to say 101%

1 year ago

Oh boy, a bunch of games I already have for free on GOG! But honestly I was hoping for Metro Last Light since I missed that one before so who am I to talk!

1 year ago

They gave these for free on GOG? That's weird, must have missed them. Do you remember when?

1 year ago

Turns out I got Fallout in 2012, and 2 and Tactics in 2013. Can't blame you for missing em.

1 year ago

Oh wow, that's really a long time ago. No wonder I didn't catch it. This phase of gaming interest is surprisingly long lasting, alas, it wasn't present 9 years ago. Thanks for checking it out!

1 year ago

Searching for the receipt of my Fallout Classic Collection on GOG, it says: "Date of Purchase: 2013-12-12", so it was free 9 years ago...

1 year ago

Oh wow, that's really a long time ago. No wonder I didn't catch it. This phase of gaming interest is surprisingly long lasting, alas, it wasn't present 9 years ago. Thanks for checking it out!

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

1 year ago

Not gonna lie, I already have the three games on GOG.

Still, it sucks for me, but I am glad more people can play these games. They are a blast, pun intended.

1 year ago

Billbil-kun leaked that the game for Friday will be Encased

View attached image.
1 year ago

If it's the same I really hope they give Baldur's Gate because it would be 2 isometric RPGs why not put another one

1 year ago

Seems to check out. Was a bit annoying to find but the hint object resembles the icon for the "Guts" attribute.

View attached image.
1 year ago

They didn't even get the symbol from 1...

1 year ago

I think the nuclear sign after the title is the same as it was on the wrapping paper.
Or I'm missing out something.

1 year ago

Okay, Epic. This one is actually good. I'll take it.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

What is this????

1 year ago

Fallout! <3

1 year ago

insanely awesome drops today!

1 year ago

Agreed. Awesome!

1 year ago

Since nobody has explicitly pointed it out yet:

Must be different freebies depending on region.
Here in Europe it's not 60 Seconds Reatomized? but instead the Fallout Classic Collection.

Seems better anyway 😅 I know they're old but Fallout 2 is an amazing game and everybody should have played it.

1 year ago

in Europe fallout too

1 year ago

What a coincidence!

1 year ago

The free games from Epic Games Store are the same across all regions. Here is the official tweet.

One thing to point out is that based on the clues given for future game(s), the OP guesses what the game(s) will be but also puts a question mark at the end. That was the case for 60 Seconds! Reatomized. It was assumed to be today’s free game, but it turned out to be Fallout.

1 year ago*

Oh, I see 😅
I didn't pay close attention and assumed the questionmark was part of the game title.

1 year ago*

In this case, yes, because the OP guessed it was going to be 60 Seconds! Reatomized, hence the question mark at the end, and they haven’t come online yet to update the post.

Update: Haha, cool!

1 year ago

The only difference is that it seems some countries get it (atleast) one hour earlier than others.

Because I've noticed that people here revealing what game it is for the day and talking about that they have gotten it when here (in germany) the countdown for the game is still about an hour left.

1 year ago

I would have to see that for myself, but I highly doubt it. The timer on the website works (or should work) based on a device’s timezone and thus is the same regardless of where a user is. In addition, if you look at official tweets from Epic Games Store, the game reveals happen at the exact same time as the website.

1 year ago

well, lets compare...
As of this post my timer says: 20 hours 15minutes to the next game

1 year ago

And twenty-one minutes later.

View attached image.
1 year ago

well...then I don't know why for the last few days, people always have started to talk about that days game an hour before I could redeem it myself.

1 year ago

Yeah. That remains a mystery. This explanation is the most likely scenario I can think of.

1 year ago

This can be due daylight savings time. If EPIC does its business based ona fixed time point worldwide, but some countries use Daylight Savings and others doesnt - or just doesnt adjust time on the same day - then you can have an hour discrepancy.
It's not that EPIC realeases differently, but that a region has set it clocks different from the rest of the world.

1 year ago

That could be the case.

1 year ago

Hey kids, if you like RPGs and never gave the original Fallout games a try, don't miss today's freebies. Really ones of the best RPGs ever in my opinion.

1 year ago

rip got the guess wrong

1 year ago

To be honest, it was a good guess.

1 year ago

PSA: This might be a downer for some people's Christmas/holidays, but I have decided to step down as the organizer for this Epic free games thread at the end of this year. I will continue on to the last daily giveaway, but if anyone wants to step in, reply to this post and I'll give you a shoutout when the time comes. It was a pleasure hosting this thread for SteamGifts.

1 year ago

Thanks for all the work LMB. Perhaps we see each other again in groupees remake(?)

1 year ago

Thank you for your help and service. Merry Christmas.

1 year ago

Thank you for your work!

1 year ago

Hey. Thank you for the amazing job you have been doing!

I created this thread, which contains a spreadsheet that I regularly (daily and weekly) update, much like your threads. In light of your announcement, I also made the table, which includes all the free games. I would be more than glad to be the next host.

1 year ago

Thank you very much ipax11.

1 year ago

No problem!

1 year ago

Thank you for your work. And NO, it is not a downer, I see the glass half-full. I appreciate the work you've done! We need to appreciate when individuals take the time (from their own lives) to do something good for us.
Thank you, and have a great Christmas time!!!

1 year ago

First time missing a free Epic game EVER :)
Was sure I clamied everyday but noticed now I missed Lego Builder's Journey.
Must have been because I got a new computer that day, thought I had claimed it before fixing everything.

1 year ago

Enjoy the new PC!

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Encased is the free game of the day

Next image to decipher Metro ...?

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

Yes Metro the color is matching Last Light, the green can come to Sam's Story DLC from Exodus. Maybe Metro Bundle.

1 year ago*

Metro Redux matches the orange (the remake of both Metro and Last Light) and Metro: Last Light Redux matches the yellow. The green might be the radiation? Several of the areas have this green atmosphere (it's kind of a stretch I know).

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago

Some people were wondering yesterday how you always get that info a little bit early every day.

I just assume you're subscribed to a newsletter I'm not or it's data mining wizardry.
Tell us! Are you some sort of secret Steam spy among Tim Sweeney's disciples? 😅

View attached image.
1 year ago

Some time zones get the reveal (an hour I think?) earlier possible because these countries could be entering the next day technically? Countries like Japan, South/North Korea, Indonesia, Australia would technically be on the next day during the time of reveal.

1 year ago

Possibly 🤔 I saw that theory yesterday and assumed it's rather that somebody in the Epic HQ goes like "Release the freebies!" and presses a button 😅 which would make stuff like timezones and daylight saving time irrelevant but maybe it actually comes down to local servers... then it would make sense.

1 year ago

Yeah it always made more sense to me too that they would release the games on the exact time for every country. I don't know what their reasoning is however, crazy EPIC people :D

1 year ago

I'm gonna laugh so hard if it's Mini Metro ^^

Yes, I know it's gonna be Metro.

1 year ago

I don't know, at least it wouldn't be a repeat. Especially of a series almost everyone already owns (unless they decide to give away Metro Exodus too).

1 year ago

True, but that M is exactly the one from the logo, so... ^^

1 year ago

Yeah I know :) What a turn of events it will be when it turns out it was Mini Metro all along :D

1 year ago

Fun times ^^

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

next one

View attached image.
1 year ago

Metro 2033 Redux has been given away twice already, and so far, no other game has been repeated three times. (Metro: Last Light Redux was free only once.) My guess is Metro Exodus Gold Edition.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Doesn't match the colors though.

1 year ago

I guess in that case, Metro: Last Light Redux (cover) is a more likely contender, given that it went free just once.

Here are the cover images for Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Exodus.

1 year ago

i hope so

1 year ago

my guess is the whole trilogy given that it's Christmas day.

1 year ago

It's Christmas Eve (Dec 24) technically.

1 year ago

sure whatever it is called (indeed in most countries 25th is the "main day" where one gets presents, e.g. in hungary though it's the 24th, i wonder where epic store lives?)

1 year ago*

It may be Metro Exodus Gold since the Expansion Pass DLC has orange and yellow colors. But I'm more inclined to believe it'll be Metro and Last Light Redux (despite one of the games being given away thrice). But there's not enough evidence for either conclusion so we'll just have to wait.

1 year ago

Yeah. Either way, it is all fun.

1 year ago

Doesn't matter to me since I already own all of the Metro series. But it would be cool and it would make more sense if they gave Metro Exodus Gold, since the other two games are pretty old and Metro Redux has already been given away on multiple occasions. And it would be pretty horrible to put a repeat like that on Christmas Eve.

1 year ago

I couldn’t agree more. I hope they were able to pull it off and they finally give us Metro Exodus. I personally don’t own it, and I would love to have it in my collection.

1 year ago

Maybe Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition tomorrow? The color scheme matches.
The Expansion Pass in EG Store: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/metro-exodus--expansion-pass

View attached image.
1 year ago

Perhaps, or maybe it is going to be Metro: Last Light Redux.

1 year ago

got it wrong again rip

1 year ago

Haha. That is okay. As soon as I saw the cover for Last Night, I had a hunch it was going to be that. Unfortunately, though, this is the second time it has gone free, but it is a good chance for anyone who hasn’t got it. As I mentioned above, no game has been given away thrice.

1 year ago

Hopefully

1 year ago

Metro Last Light Redux is the free game of the day

Next image to decipher

View attached image.
View attached image.
1 year ago*

next hint?
edit :Death Standing yep

1 year ago*

Deleted

1 year ago

yes confirmed

1 year ago

INB4 Bad Rats 2

1 year ago

We still have to wait 30 minutes here in germany to see if you are telling the truth ;)

Probably really a dailight saving thingy...

1 year ago

looks like death stranding necklace

1 year ago

by the colors and the necklace, it looks like death stranding

1 year ago

Next Game Medal of Honor??

1 year ago

HOLY SHIT THAT'S DEATH STRANDING

1 year ago

it could be Raji: An Ancient Epic, the necklace is similar, but a hope it will be Death Standing.

1 year ago

Again Metro Last Light Redux (gave away like 1000 times on all platforms) what a failure ahah

1 year ago

Yeah, they gave it away already with 2033 Redux. I was hoping for Exodus but oh well.

1 year ago

Leaked Death Stranding (Original Edition?) tomorrow? No Director's Cut
https://store.epicgames.com/it/p/death-stranding

View attached image.
1 year ago

Great! Waiting for humble choice. I guess a few months and they will put it in there too. this slop worm epic does not care

1 year ago

I just got it for Steam days ago for free (I won a contest and got Death Stranding Director's Cut, The Dark Pictures: The Devil in Me and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim), so I don't care so much, but I would be happy for everyone.

1 year ago

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding?lang=en-US

I found this, look at the description/images. Looks like they're adding the stuff from the Director's Cut.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Ah well, nevermind then. Can't complain because I've been trying to play DS for YEARS.

1 year ago

If this is true, then in my books the event is a success. I've been waiting for a good deal to get this.

1 year ago

We have just to wait. Epic can release another game. Leaks are just leaks.

1 year ago

Hence I said IF.

1 year ago

I wrote it for anyone else reading :D
Always better to remember that.

1 year ago

Man I was expecting the latest Metro... I feel down now, how could they miss it? We're all waiting for it! What a let down...

1 year ago

A priori.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

1 year ago

It's unavailable to buy in EGS right now, this is probably true.

1 year ago

The Director's Cut edition superseded the base edition, that is why the base edition is listed on the store but not available for purchase.

Moreover, there is still hope for the Director's Cut edition.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Thanks, I didn't know that. 15 minutes left, let's see if rumors are true.

1 year ago

Metro: Last Light Redux.

There's not many game trailers that really get to me, that feels more than just: ''Oh, cool''.
Don't get me wrong, there's some awesome trailers out there, but they are just ''screen candy'', never gets to you.
Then there are those that do, trailers I still watch from time to time.
The backwards/forwards shifting Dead Island 1 trailer with the vacaitioning family of three for example.
And this one. As a lover of the Metro series this one gets to me: Metro Last Light Mobius trailer.

1 year ago*

Great Metro trailer, thanks for sharing!

1 year ago

I played all entries in the Metro series, even bonus missions in Last Last Redux (which some don't even know exist) but I don't recall ever watching this Mobius trailer before. It really does send a chill down your spine and conveys the feeling you get in the game, constantly struggling to stay alive, for one.

Thanks for sharing indeed!

1 year ago

Ho my... Those trailers😱
The dead island one almost made me 'sick'
Thank you for sharing this is art even if if hurts😅👍

1 year ago

Closed 1 year ago by letsmaybeLP92.