SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

HI, my first 2 giveaway is just finish and I wanted to check my CV using SteamGifts Tools

First I didn't understand the percentage to level 2, I thought it would be 24% (6/25)

After i bit or testing I understood that formula to get Level 2 must be something like:
ROUNDDOWN(ROUNDDOWN(19,99 x 2 x 0,15;4)/24,999 x 100;2)
Ex. using my 2 giveaways with value 19.99 > 23,98% progress to level 2 (same percentage as on page)

My real CV must be 5,98 not 6.00 as stated on page, Is it possible to show real CV using ROUNDDOWN(Value * 0,15;2)

pls let me know if If there are something I have misunderstood.

8 years ago*

2.9985 it's 3 to me :)

8 years ago

I don't know if you are aware of this, but gifts that cost over $100 are capped at $100 when checking real CV (I guess it has something to do with the giveaways being capped at 100P to enter).
Also I like that breakdown feature and I was wondering if you could implement the same thing but with full value/bundled/5+ copies

8 years ago

I'm aware of that, you can check why it's happening in limitation number 3

The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 100 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (100$).

About the breakdown, it'll be useful? I can add it easily. I'll check when I get some free time :)

8 years ago

Hi! Great work!

I have a suggestion: It's possible add the option to see the amount of public and group GA sent and received?

so for example, "user have sent 50$ in group GA, 50$ in public GA, total 100$ real CV".

Thanks for your work!

8 years ago

Sorry, i noticed now that in the sent page, if i over on the CV, i see the difference.

8 years ago

Now you can check breakdown on "won" page too

8 years ago

Thank you very much! :)

Great work!

8 years ago

The sent part is already implemented, just hover with your mouse the amount and it'll show the breakdown.

For the won part, I'll do it when I get some free time

8 years ago

If a user with steam Private profile won our game, then we have no option to check his/her gifts won ?!

8 years ago*

Yes there is no option. That's the whole point in making your profile private, to hide everything from other people >_<

8 years ago

Correct. You would have to add them as a friend on Steam and check manually.

Edit: I sure type slow.

8 years ago

When this happens you can create a reroll ticket and ask support to check for activation of their previous wins. Since profiles are synced with Steamgifts they have a list of the games owned by the user even if their profile is private.

8 years ago

Does it not work anymore?

8 years ago

It's working for me, what error do you see?

8 years ago

It just says "This webpage not available".
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Ok, now its working again.

8 years ago

Server down?

I can't access http://www.sgcv.tk/ nor http://www.sgtools.tk/

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

Works again, thanks for the reply.

8 years ago

Weird. My current CV doesn't match the one being calculated by the app. :S

8 years ago

Non-activated wins 404?

8 years ago

It's working fine for me, maybe the server died momentarily just when you checked.

It happens sometimes, Amazon EC2 micro instances are quite bad >_<

8 years ago

Ah! The mistake is mine. You have to put in both the SG name and the Steam name? Was it like this before? I thought it was one or the other, which resulted in an incomplete URL, thus 404.

I could have sworn I was smart enough to use this in the past, haha.

8 years ago

During the first hours it was with only one input, but it really needs the Steam ID if it's different that steamgifts username.
You can use the userscript that adds the links to steamgift profiles, Here

8 years ago

Implemented a whitelist to not show games that are well-known to be "invisible" though steam api. Thanks @Ronix for the list!!

If anyone finds more false positives for games report them here :)

You can check the current list here

8 years ago

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - might be the issue of being standalone expansion but still.

8 years ago

Done! Thanks for the info ^^

8 years ago

Arma 2 is apparently glitched.

Shows I own it in my library, but shows my win not activated and I can still buy it for myself on the store page. >.<

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Ah, that's good to know - thanks for the info. I had to hide it to keep from entering giveaways for it, and didn't realize that it was showing as not activated until today. Haven't been suspended for non-activation (yet), so I'm guessing SG knows about it, but I don't want people checking my wins to think I didn't activate one, so I wanted to add it here as well. :)

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I have a GA running for this game. Would I be able to manually check that winners own it?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Thanks, this is good to know.

7 years ago

That was fast. Thanks for the update!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Done, thanks!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

And done! Thanks for the reports :)

8 years ago

all the games i won here are showing as non activated wins.

8 years ago

Are you sure your using the tool right?

8 years ago

whoops! my bad :)

8 years ago

Still shows some false positives like

Borderlands: Game of the Year (January 31, 2013, 7:39pm) < well known error

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution (February 13, 2013, 3:15pm) < well known error

Sonic 3 and Knuckles (January 21, 2014, 10:55pm) < SEGA Megadrive emulator game

8 years ago

Impressed that I don't look quite as dodyg as I once did!

Still got a couple of false positves :

GTA IV Complete Edition - guess it's searching for that rather than the individual components of GTA IV + Episodes From Liberty City
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - another one of those games that goes in the Sega Genesis and Megadrive Classics emulator thingy

Away from this I'm still worried about one of my games and hope I don't end up copping a suspension one day. You Don't Jack Vol 6: The Lost Gold doesn't show up when searching my Steam profile, nor does it appear in my list of owned games. Makes me wonder if SG can see it at all.

8 years ago

False positives (shown by the tools for my account):

• Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
  • The Stronghold Collection
  • Jagged Alliance 2 Gold
  • Dota 2
8 years ago

what tools? is there a tool that show which game is bundle or not?

8 years ago

8 years ago

not being rude, but should I specify that I'm looking for a addon or something like?

8 years ago

There is no such tool that I'm aware of.

8 years ago

may I ask what tool do you use to "enhance" sg? :)
(and what advantage it brings beside others?)

8 years ago

SG++
Fixed Navbar, GA filters etc

8 years ago

Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
Dota 2
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Arma 2
The Stronghold Collection
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Borderlands: Game of the Year
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
CoH 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the reports!
Since some of the whitelisted may be worth checking for the base game (GOTY, GOLD, COMPLETE, etc...) I'll make them visible with a toggle like DLC's using it's own "whitelisted" category.

8 years ago*

just to be sure. when you add it on whitelist, it means that they will not be bundle at this time?

8 years ago

No, it means that they'll not be marked as not activated in my tool.

My tool is just a tool to help people do some basic operations on steamgifts, that in my opinion should be baseline. So as you can see, there is no direct relationship with my tool and steamgifts decisions like what to bundle.

8 years ago

Yeah... I kinda expected that answer which is technical. I know that sgtools is a 3rd party tool that have no relation with official means.
BUT this time I'm asking to your experience. Based on your experience, do you think that those "false positives" can be switched as bundle retroactively to last week (considering that bundle list was already updated)?
(hope you got it, my english is not the brightest thing in the world :)

8 years ago

I don't get what you want to say with "switch as bundle".

Those false positives where in the "non-activated" part of the tools, that doesn't take into account bundle status.
Bundle status is only looked at Sent/Won CV calculations. And if Steamgifts puts one of them in the bundle list, the tool will detect it as bundled, because in CV calculations the tool doesn't look at your owned games at all.

Can you please try to explain what you want with more detail?

8 years ago

you said "steamgifts decisions like what to bundle" and i said "switch as bundle".
we refer the same act: turn games to bundle for CV effects.
I want to know the chances of SteamGifts puts more games in the bundle list, considering that they already did it recently (considering that they decide to put games on bundle list after steam sales).
i'll try to ask another way: is there a possibility to steamgifts decide to put another games on bundle list when they already did it after sales?

8 years ago

Anytime a game appears on a real bundle (humblebundle, ingiegala, groupees, etc) they will be put on the bundle list for sure. It can take some days, because there is only one person adding games to the bundle list @shobo.

If a game goes free for some promotion on facebook, twitter, alienware, ... the game will get bundled too for sure.

If a game surpass 95% of discount it's highly probable that will end up in the bundle list too. Watchout with games at 90% discount, because they can get to the bundle list too if there is a regional price that makes it 95% discount towards US price.

If any of this conditions is fulfilled, the game will be added to the bundle list even if it's delayed some days.

8 years ago

this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.
thank you for sharing your experience and your efforts to explain it to me. :)))))

8 years ago

Whitelisted games are now shown in games log as a hidden entity like DLC's and Not-in-steam-Api ones. You can click in the link to expand it and check the whitelisted matched.

Whitelisted games are shown as Green, since they are most probably activated.

8 years ago

Hello knsys, many thanks for your very useful work. Since you're implementing whitelist games, you may want to know that there is also a problem with Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.® 2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/48180/. As you can see with my profile, it's another false positive...

8 years ago

Done, thanks for the report :)

8 years ago

http://www.sgtools.tk/nonactivated/Kadavro/76561198060681437
"Sonic Spinball™ (May 19, 2013, 12:41pm)" and "Sonic the Hedgehog (May 19, 2013, 12:42pm)". Both games are correctly activated, but they act like DLC and use only entry "SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics" in my library. As well "Sonic 3D Blast" and "Sonic the Hedgehog 2". So these games are false positives.

8 years ago

Yours too, thanks for the report :)

8 years ago

Thank you for this nice tool. :)

8 years ago

I just added a new tab at the header to list all whitelisted Games with links to Steam store page.

8 years ago

A few more from me to be added to whitelist:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition - because GOTY :>

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™ Digital Deluxe Edition - because Deluxe Edition

Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - because deluxe

Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition - because GOTY

Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine™ - it get added as a part of Sega pack

Train Simulator: East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On - even thou Steam doesn't say so on the store page nor is it returned by API it's a DLC and thus is not listed in a library but goes into TS DLC list.

The Cursed Crusade - it is known to be not only not listed on user games list but also not even returned by API (for example allowing owners re-enter GAs).

Sam & Max: Season One - after activating it generates 6 separate library entries each for each episode. Same goes for Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse. I suspect that for Sam & Max: Season Two as well, but this I cannot be sure, as I don't own Season 2 :>

Keep up great work! Love your tool <3

8 years ago

Thanks for the huge list of games!
I've added them all to the whitelist, now your account appears completely clean in the tool :P

8 years ago

There is some false positives with Hearts of Iron Collection III (Jan 2014) http://store.steampowered.com/sub/37223/
I assume that Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi is not tagged as DLC since you can see on the steam store page that there is no "purple DLC sign"
But it is not a standalone ^_^

8 years ago

Done, "Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi" included in whitelist.
Thank you for the report :)

8 years ago

Happy Cake day =)

8 years ago

First of all, sorry for my bad english =( and excuse me if it's already reported...

I created a 7 copies giveaway of a game, but there was only 6 entries (and 6 winners). The Real CV calculator tool shows and counts wrongly 7 copies.

By the way, thanks and congratulations for this awesome webpage!!! :D

8 years ago

That is indeed a "rare case".
Since SG doesn't tell how many people activated the gift if there is more than 3 winners, the tool is not really able to predict the total number of "marked as received", that's why it assumes all of the copies minus the number of "marked as not received" is the number of "marked as received".

In this case, there are 7 copies and more than 3 marked as received and 0 marked as no received, so the tool takes 7 as the number of received.

When I get some more free time I'll add that "rare case" into the calculations, thanks for the report.

PS: That's why an API would be awesome, but that's up to CG to implement.

8 years ago

I notice now... yes, an API would be perfect =/
Thanks for the explanation.

8 years ago

Not sure why but checked several times now but apparently i dont have any of my games activated according to your tool

8 years ago

It looks fine for me

8 years ago

I found another false positive:

• Painkiller: Black Edition

Apparently there is (or was) a gold edition (appID: 3200) which is now labled as Black Edition on Steam and there is the Black Edition itself (AppID: 39530)
I guess old gifts of the gold edition would activate as Black Edition but with another AppID...

Edit: Maybe you can add another function when checking for activated games. Some people manage to enter and win a game more than once. Maybe you can show such cases as well?

8 years ago*

Added Painkiller: Gold Edition (3200) to whitelist. They have renamed the package, you can check the details here.

I'll look into the more-than-one-wins checker, it seems interesting :D

8 years ago

Feature Request: Listing of Multiple Wins for the Same Game

Currently, if a user has won the same game multiple times and has the game in their library, the Non-activated Wins tool considers all of those giveaways as properly completed when in reality only one can be so. What difficulties lie in counting duplicates as non-activated wins?

8 years ago

Added a new tab to check multiple wins for the same game.

8 years ago

Nice! :D

And happy cake day!

View attached image.
8 years ago

Thanks, and happy cake day :)

8 years ago

8 years ago

happy cocaina day!! i mean cake

8 years ago

Happy Cake Day!

8 years ago

Thanks for adding that... :-) and thanks for all the work on these tools in general (and belated Happy Cake Day too!)

8 years ago

Well, looks Like I just won 13,80$ xD

HB ^^

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.