Search for new games to share.
Syntax for writing comments.
Frequently asked questions.
Community rules and guidelines.
SteamGifts Tools (formerly known as Real CV calculator for SGv2) is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:
1. New design for the website, using steamgifts default theme as reference, since we all are used to it.
2. Now we have a new tool to check if a user has activated all his wins.
3. Buttons at top to change between tools, like steamgifts, and a button to steamgifts itself.
4. Now when we display a steamgifts username (results of win/sent cv or activation status), the name will be a link to his SG profile.
5. In Activation status tool, every entry on the log of games will be a link to the steam store page of that game/dlc.
6. Checkbox to change order to newest on top
7. Detailed game log for not activated DLCs and removed-from-steam-api is now hidden by default. There is a button to show/hide it.
8. Some more explained cases where the prediction can cause false positives.
9. Added giveaway type breakdown on sent CV
10. Added giveaway type breakdown on won CV
11. Whitelist for well-known games that don't appear as owned.
12. Whitelisted games are now shown in games log as a hidden entity like DLC's and Not-in-steam-Api ones
13. Added a new tab to list all whitelisted Games
14. Added a new tab to check multiple wins for the same game
15. Added a new tab to see the last additions to Bundle list
16. Last bundled games now shows the last entries added since a week ago or a minimum of the last 50 entries.
17. Migrated from plain php to Symfony2
18. The tool now enters giveaways to check winner status if it cannot verify that the user marked as received/not received. Group and private giveaways that have this conditions are assumed as received as the tool cannot enter to check it.
19. Added tabbed view for sent/won so you can check only giveaways of the selected type
20. New domain! http://www.sgtools.info
21. Added descriptions to the basic landing pages
22. New home landing page
23. Overall css changes
25. Thanks to a change in steamgifts now we can check "not activated" with just steamgifts username
26. DB refactor
27. Bundled cache now auto-updates bundled date if SG changes it
28. Equivalent table for appids
29. New category in not-activated games. The rare cases where the tool cannot check if the user marked it as received or not (4+ entries private/group giveaway where the user is not on the 3 public marked as received)
30. Top menu now is more organized with groups
31. Logout button on "Home" section
32. Reduced the stress level of the DB from sessions and petitions
33. Giveaway tools are now live for everybody
34. I would like to be able to see how many times the URL has been given so far.
35. Valid entries on giveaway (for support)
36. user owns the game mark
37. Ratio's error message round to 2 decimals
38. Giveaway dashboard pagination
39. Added exception for "Check vs Mate" on multiple wins, you can have up to 2 wins for this game
40. Giveaway filter page redesigned
41. New Filter: Never VAC Banned
42. Giveaways now accept advanced custom rules!
43. Now you can check for invalid entries other giveaways urls using the entries from a sgtools giveaway (aka trains)
44. Changed Tooltip for Pie charts
45. Now you can synchronize whenever you want
46. Giveaway creation and finish datetime gets updated before checking entries (valid/invalid)
47. Entries after giveaway finish time are considered invalid
48. SGTools now uses https for all steamgifts petitions and accept steamgifts https url's
49. Major refactor on giveaways Table
50. Train's wagons support
51. Infractions and strike system replacing bans for entering protected giveaways.
52. Store links on giveaway pages
53. New section, deals.
54. Rules can now be secret
55. All entries list option on giveaway manage zone (list all entries, without checking giveaway ending time)
56. Giveaways failing 5 entries rule are now shown on RealCV calculations with grey background (maintaining the border to indicate nonbundled/bundled status) an 0 CV.
57. Migrated to the newest version of Symfony
58. Migrated to PHP 7
59. Updated SGTools to work with the new dates on steamgifts.
60. Renamed VAC_economy_ban filter to trade_ban
61. wishlist_date filter
62. num_wishlisted_games filter
63. owned_games filter
64. num_owned_games filter
65. wishlisted_game_date filter
66. real_won_public, real_won_private, real_won_group filters
67. New sponsorship
69. Custom Rule creation GUI
70. Short term cache for rule checks
71. Changes error message on giveaway entry page. Now displayed in site with a link to Synchronization in the case of "Not Activated".
72. Adapted to new profile information changes on Steamgifts
73. New filters for free games on giveaway custom rule creation
74. Free Games are now taken into account when calculating CV
75. Adapted to new maximum cost of 50P
76. Giveaway page is now visible without being logged in
77. Giveaway page now has OG Metatags
78. Migrated to the newest version of PHP
79. Migrated to the newest version of Symfony
81. "Steam is learning about this game" system
82. Steam "Age check" bypass
* Number of users: **31.464**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.490**
* Number of users serving infractions: **27**
* Number of banned: **21**
* Ad-block Activated: **57,53%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **42,47%**
* Number of users: **30.199**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.421**
* Number of users serving infractions: **31**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **56,44%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **43,56%**
* Number of users: **29.051**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.368**
* Number of users serving infractions: **32**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **58,21%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **41,79%**
* Number of users: **28.339**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.328**
* Number of users serving infractions: **31**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **56,99%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **43,01%**
* Number of users: **27.683**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.282**
* Number of users serving infractions: **40**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **60,23%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **39,77%**
* Number of users: **25.801**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.169**
* Number of users serving infractions: **30**
* Number of banned: **18**
* Ad-block Activated: **59,92%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **40,08%**
* Number of users: **24.667**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.123**
* Number of users serving infractions: **35**
* Number of banned: **18**
* Ad-block Activated: **61.37%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **38.63%**
* Number of users:*23.114
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 1.057
* Number of users serving infractions: 33
* Number of banned: 17
* Ad-block Activated: 61.51%
* Ad-block Not Activated: 38.49%
* Number of users: **21.836**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.002**
* Number of users serving infractions: **29**
* Number of banned: **16**
* Number of users: 20.844
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 937
* Number of users serving infractions: 33
* Number of banned: 14
* Number of users: 18.286
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 801
* Number of users serving infractions: 37
* Number of banned: 13
* Number of users: 16.099
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 686
* Number of users serving infractions: 56
* Number of banned: 8
* Number of users: 14.981
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 617
* Number of banned: 112
About last Bans
Two days ago I was manually reviewing the anti-cheat logs for the last months and evaluating the data in them.
At the end, 6 cases where clearly abusing misuse of giveaway feedback to bypass sgtools rules. That behavior is one of the two punished with a ban, being the other one, leaking a giveaway URL.
As was expected, those people are just complaining about the ban in this thread, and of course all of them define themselves as not guilty, at least here in the forum.
New section: **Deals**
On this section you'll see a list of current deals on the following official reseller stores (Amazon US, Steam, GamersGate, GreenManGaming).
Deals of games that are on the bundled list are hidden by default, but there is a toggle at the top of the page to show/hide them whenever you want. If you decide to show bundle games, you'll see that they have a light red background to easily distinguish them from non-bundled deals.
Deals will show every deal that is above or equal to 50% discount, since they are the most notorious and the ones that interest most to people.
New Infraction system.
Infractions replaces bans on "entered sgtools protected giveaway without a valid entry" cases. This new system will use a strikes based calculations to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions before being permanently denied of getting thought sgtools giveaways.
Strike system details:
1. First Strike -> 1 month
2. Second Strike -> 3 months
3. Third Strike -> 6 months
4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).
Users currently serving an infraction will see a red bar on the top of every giveaway-related page informing of the time it'll expire. They can do every operation on sgtools apart from qualifying for giveaways and getting the url.
There is still permabans in place (currently only 5), for the following cases:
* Users that misuse giveaway feedback to bypass giveaway rules
* Giveaway url leakers
* Trying to exploit in any other way the system
New train system is live.
You'll see that now giveaway creation part accepts **multiple steamgifts url's**. The **first one** is considered the **main giveaway** and it'll be the one that appears on the sgtools protected giveaway's details.
You'll only be able to** enter wagons to sgtools during giveaway creation** time, and they **cannot be modified** (either removed or added). If you need more wagons you will need to create another giveaway altogether.
In short, a wagon will only be considered protected if it has been added during giveaway creation time, that gives more control over trains and closes some spaces that malicious users could use to try to ban other people.
This means that you will only be able to **check invalid entries for wagons that are on the system** associated with the main giveaway.
Comment has been collapsed.
HI, my first 2 giveaway is just finish and I wanted to check my CV using SteamGifts Tools
First I didn't understand the percentage to level 2, I thought it would be 24% (6/25)
After i bit or testing I understood that formula to get Level 2 must be something like:
ROUNDDOWN(ROUNDDOWN(19,99 x 2 x 0,15;4)/24,999 x 100;2)
Ex. using my 2 giveaways with value 19.99 > 23,98% progress to level 2 (same percentage as on page)
My real CV must be 5,98 not 6.00 as stated on page, Is it possible to show real CV using ROUNDDOWN(Value * 0,15;2)
pls let me know if If there are something I have misunderstood.
2.9985 it's 3 to me :)
I don't know if you are aware of this, but gifts that cost over $100 are capped at $100 when checking real CV (I guess it has something to do with the giveaways being capped at 100P to enter).
Also I like that breakdown feature and I was wondering if you could implement the same thing but with full value/bundled/5+ copies
I'm aware of that, you can check why it's happening in limitation number 3
The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 100 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (100$).
About the breakdown, it'll be useful? I can add it easily. I'll check when I get some free time :)
Hi! Great work!
I have a suggestion: It's possible add the option to see the amount of public and group GA sent and received?
so for example, "user have sent 50$ in group GA, 50$ in public GA, total 100$ real CV".
Thanks for your work!
Sorry, i noticed now that in the sent page, if i over on the CV, i see the difference.
Now you can check breakdown on "won" page too
Thank you very much! :)
The sent part is already implemented, just hover with your mouse the amount and it'll show the breakdown.
For the won part, I'll do it when I get some free time
If a user with steam Private profile won our game, then we have no option to check his/her gifts won ?!
Yes there is no option. That's the whole point in making your profile private, to hide everything from other people >_<
Correct. You would have to add them as a friend on Steam and check manually.
Edit: I sure type slow.
When this happens you can create a reroll ticket and ask support to check for activation of their previous wins. Since profiles are synced with Steamgifts they have a list of the games owned by the user even if their profile is private.
Does it not work anymore?
It's working for me, what error do you see?
It just says "This webpage not available".
Ok, now its working again.
I can't access http://www.sgcv.tk/ nor http://www.sgtools.tk/
no problems here
Works again, thanks for the reply.
Weird. My current CV doesn't match the one being calculated by the app. :S
Non-activated wins 404?
It's working fine for me, maybe the server died momentarily just when you checked.
It happens sometimes, Amazon EC2 micro instances are quite bad >_<
Ah! The mistake is mine. You have to put in both the SG name and the Steam name? Was it like this before? I thought it was one or the other, which resulted in an incomplete URL, thus 404.
I could have sworn I was smart enough to use this in the past, haha.
During the first hours it was with only one input, but it really needs the Steam ID if it's different that steamgifts username.
You can use the userscript that adds the links to steamgift profiles, Here
Implemented a whitelist to not show games that are well-known to be "invisible" though steam api. Thanks @Ronix for the list!!
If anyone finds more false positives for games report them here :)
You can check the current list here
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - might be the issue of being standalone expansion but still.
Done! Thanks for the info ^^
Arma 2 is apparently glitched.
Shows I own it in my library, but shows my win not activated and I can still buy it for myself on the store page. >.<
That is because there are two entries for Arma 2 in Steam, and both have different App IDs, however, they are the same game and versions. Don't ask me why Volvo or the Arma 2 developers made it like that, but basically everyone here has the same problem, I can still buy Arma 2 and enter giveaways of it, even if I own it, and when I look at the store page it doesn't show it like owned either.
Ah, that's good to know - thanks for the info. I had to hide it to keep from entering giveaways for it, and didn't realize that it was showing as not activated until today. Haven't been suspended for non-activation (yet), so I'm guessing SG knows about it, but I don't want people checking my wins to think I didn't activate one, so I wanted to add it here as well. :)
Well, most of the people here know already that Steam API is pretty bad and that some games just want appear when looking at someone's owned games. If you won a lot of games and neither of them showed as activated then someone would report you for sure, but if it's just that one I don't think anyone will report you, and even if they do (because they don't know that Arma 2 doesn't appear), mods know it, so the ticket would be closed and you wouldn't get a suspension.
I have a GA running for this game. Would I be able to manually check that winners own it?
I just checked it and it appears now on user's games list, so you should be able to, it appears on mine.
Thanks, this is good to know.
That was fast. Thanks for the update!
"CoH 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West" is still a false positive.http://store.steampowered.com/app/287371
Got rid of most, good work :) Still showing up Sonic 3D Blast™ (June 4, 2013, 10:44pm)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™ Deluxe Edition (December 4, 2013, 9:40pm) (Deluxe edition, which you warned about in first place), Eventhough both are on account.
And done! Thanks for the reports :)
all the games i won here are showing as non activated wins.
Are you sure your using the tool right?
whoops! my bad :)
Still shows some false positives like
Borderlands: Game of the Year (January 31, 2013, 7:39pm) < well known error
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution (February 13, 2013, 3:15pm) < well known error
Sonic 3 and Knuckles (January 21, 2014, 10:55pm) < SEGA Megadrive emulator game
Impressed that I don't look quite as dodyg as I once did!
Still got a couple of false positves :
GTA IV Complete Edition - guess it's searching for that rather than the individual components of GTA IV + Episodes From Liberty City
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - another one of those games that goes in the Sega Genesis and Megadrive Classics emulator thingy
Away from this I'm still worried about one of my games and hope I don't end up copping a suspension one day. You Don't Jack Vol 6: The Lost Gold doesn't show up when searching my Steam profile, nor does it appear in my list of owned games. Makes me wonder if SG can see it at all.
False positives (shown by the tools for my account):
what tools? is there a tool that show which game is bundle or not?
not being rude, but should I specify that I'm looking for a addon or something like?
There is no such tool that I'm aware of.
may I ask what tool do you use to "enhance" sg? :)
(and what advantage it brings beside others?)
Fixed Navbar, GA filters etc
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
The Stronghold Collection
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Borderlands: Game of the Year
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
CoH 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West
Added to the whitelist, thanks for the reports!
Since some of the whitelisted may be worth checking for the base game (GOTY, GOLD, COMPLETE, etc...) I'll make them visible with a toggle like DLC's using it's own "whitelisted" category.
just to be sure. when you add it on whitelist, it means that they will not be bundle at this time?
No, it means that they'll not be marked as not activated in my tool.
My tool is just a tool to help people do some basic operations on steamgifts, that in my opinion should be baseline. So as you can see, there is no direct relationship with my tool and steamgifts decisions like what to bundle.
Yeah... I kinda expected that answer which is technical. I know that sgtools is a 3rd party tool that have no relation with official means.
BUT this time I'm asking to your experience. Based on your experience, do you think that those "false positives" can be switched as bundle retroactively to last week (considering that bundle list was already updated)?
(hope you got it, my english is not the brightest thing in the world :)
I don't get what you want to say with "switch as bundle".
Those false positives where in the "non-activated" part of the tools, that doesn't take into account bundle status.
Bundle status is only looked at Sent/Won CV calculations. And if Steamgifts puts one of them in the bundle list, the tool will detect it as bundled, because in CV calculations the tool doesn't look at your owned games at all.
Can you please try to explain what you want with more detail?
you said "steamgifts decisions like what to bundle" and i said "switch as bundle".
we refer the same act: turn games to bundle for CV effects.
I want to know the chances of SteamGifts puts more games in the bundle list, considering that they already did it recently (considering that they decide to put games on bundle list after steam sales).
i'll try to ask another way: is there a possibility to steamgifts decide to put another games on bundle list when they already did it after sales?
Anytime a game appears on a real bundle (humblebundle, ingiegala, groupees, etc) they will be put on the bundle list for sure. It can take some days, because there is only one person adding games to the bundle list @shobo.
If a game goes free for some promotion on facebook, twitter, alienware, ... the game will get bundled too for sure.
If a game surpass 95% of discount it's highly probable that will end up in the bundle list too. Watchout with games at 90% discount, because they can get to the bundle list too if there is a regional price that makes it 95% discount towards US price.
If any of this conditions is fulfilled, the game will be added to the bundle list even if it's delayed some days.
this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.
thank you for sharing your experience and your efforts to explain it to me. :)))))
Whitelisted games are now shown in games log as a hidden entity like DLC's and Not-in-steam-Api ones. You can click in the link to expand it and check the whitelisted matched.
Whitelisted games are shown as Green, since they are most probably activated.
Hello knsys, many thanks for your very useful work. Since you're implementing whitelist games, you may want to know that there is also a problem with Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.® 2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/48180/. As you can see with my profile, it's another false positive...
Done, thanks for the report :)
"Sonic Spinball™ (May 19, 2013, 12:41pm)" and "Sonic the Hedgehog (May 19, 2013, 12:42pm)". Both games are correctly activated, but they act like DLC and use only entry "SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics" in my library. As well "Sonic 3D Blast" and "Sonic the Hedgehog 2". So these games are false positives.
Yours too, thanks for the report :)
Thank you for this nice tool. :)
I just added a new tab at the header to list all whitelisted Games with links to Steam store page.
A few more from me to be added to whitelist:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition - because GOTY :>
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™ Digital Deluxe Edition - because Deluxe Edition
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - because deluxe
Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition - because GOTY
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine™ - it get added as a part of Sega pack
Train Simulator: East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On - even thou Steam doesn't say so on the store page nor is it returned by API it's a DLC and thus is not listed in a library but goes into TS DLC list.
The Cursed Crusade - it is known to be not only not listed on user games list but also not even returned by API (for example allowing owners re-enter GAs).
Sam & Max: Season One - after activating it generates 6 separate library entries each for each episode. Same goes for Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse. I suspect that for Sam & Max: Season Two as well, but this I cannot be sure, as I don't own Season 2 :>
Keep up great work! Love your tool <3
Thanks for the huge list of games!
I've added them all to the whitelist, now your account appears completely clean in the tool :P
There is some false positives with Hearts of Iron Collection III (Jan 2014) http://store.steampowered.com/sub/37223/
I assume that Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi is not tagged as DLC since you can see on the steam store page that there is no "purple DLC sign"
But it is not a standalone ^_^
Done, "Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi" included in whitelist.
Thank you for the report :)
Happy Cake day =)
First of all, sorry for my bad english =( and excuse me if it's already reported...
I created a 7 copies giveaway of a game, but there was only 6 entries (and 6 winners). The Real CV calculator tool shows and counts wrongly 7 copies.
By the way, thanks and congratulations for this awesome webpage!!! :D
That is indeed a "rare case".
Since SG doesn't tell how many people activated the gift if there is more than 3 winners, the tool is not really able to predict the total number of "marked as received", that's why it assumes all of the copies minus the number of "marked as not received" is the number of "marked as received".
In this case, there are 7 copies and more than 3 marked as received and 0 marked as no received, so the tool takes 7 as the number of received.
When I get some more free time I'll add that "rare case" into the calculations, thanks for the report.
PS: That's why an API would be awesome, but that's up to CG to implement.
I notice now... yes, an API would be perfect =/
Thanks for the explanation.
Not sure why but checked several times now but apparently i dont have any of my games activated according to your tool
It looks fine for me
I found another false positive:
Apparently there is (or was) a gold edition (appID: 3200) which is now labled as Black Edition on Steam and there is the Black Edition itself (AppID: 39530)
I guess old gifts of the gold edition would activate as Black Edition but with another AppID...
Edit: Maybe you can add another function when checking for activated games. Some people manage to enter and win a game more than once. Maybe you can show such cases as well?
Added Painkiller: Gold Edition (3200) to whitelist. They have renamed the package, you can check the details here.
I'll look into the more-than-one-wins checker, it seems interesting :D
Feature Request: Listing of Multiple Wins for the Same Game
Currently, if a user has won the same game multiple times and has the game in their library, the Non-activated Wins tool considers all of those giveaways as properly completed when in reality only one can be so. What difficulties lie in counting duplicates as non-activated wins?
Added a new tab to check multiple wins for the same game.
And happy cake day!
Thanks, and happy cake day :)
happy cocaina day!! i mean cake
Happy Cake Day!
Thanks for adding that... :-) and thanks for all the work on these tools in general (and belated Happy Cake Day too!)
Well, looks Like I just won 13,80$ xD