SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Happy cake day!

8 years ago

It looks like the host of the site with the tool is down?
Also happy cake day! :)

EDIT: Ok, nvm it was something on my end.

8 years ago*

Sometimes the free domain fails to resolve, because it's free and shitty >_<
The server is rock solid, it's an Amazon EC2 instance :)

8 years ago

Well, I've changed the DSN server and it worked, probably some changes weren't yet propagated to the DSN server I used before. Anyway, thanks :)

8 years ago

What are whitelisted games? =)

8 years ago

Whitelisted games are a mechanism to mark games that steam api don't report as owned by a user. So, they are well-known false positives in the "not activated" part of the tool.

All the games that you've won that are witelisted goes to a special category with the list of games hidden by default, because they are most probably already activated.

TL/DR: To avoid well-known false positives on not-activated tool.

8 years ago

Ah, I see. Thank you very much. It is good that they have an own section =).

8 years ago

Could I suggest easy to implement feature? :>
Since you already differentiate GAs (Public, Private, Group) on Real CV tool pages - could you also add a feature to show separate numbers of our Public, Private and Group CVs? To check for example how much one donated outside of his groups and what CV level he would be considering only his public or public - private GAs :>

8 years ago

It's already done. Just hover your mouse over the CV value and it'll tell you the breakdown ;)

8 years ago

Strange...been using this site for weeks to view my CV value, but since a few days ago it's just showed 0, level 1.
But on SG, my correct level 4 is shown. Think there's a bug somewhere, or perhaps on my end?
Thanks for the tool, was very useful.

Edit: for some reason the username I was using all along has changed suddenly. Can't think why, but at least it's back working. My apologies.

8 years ago*

Thank you for this tool it is very helpful. The real cv value calculater I mean. The detection of unactivated wins is not properly working though. I filled in my own name as that is the one person I know for sure that has activated every wins and it shown 7 unactivated games?!?!. One of them I can understand as I won the complete pack with all the dcl's while I already had the base game. The rest are all normal games no goty editions or something and all activated within 24 hours after winning. So something is really going wrong with this tool. If I would have seen this from someone else I would have feel bad about them for no reason. This is scary as other people will see this without knowing it is a bug in the tool.

8 years ago

You did something wrong. Tool says you activated all wins here

Did you fill both your sg name and steam id?

8 years ago

Yes I did otherwise it gives an error. Did it again just now after following your link and again it shows 7 unactivated wins. Very strange.

8 years ago

It is strange, i can only see 3 dlc that are hidden by default.

8 years ago

It is getting stranger, if I type in your name I see 42 unactivated wins you fraud :)

8 years ago

That's because gonsi has a private profile. The tool cannot check private profiles.

8 years ago

Oh I did not know that. But he won 60 games so why not show all wins unactivated? Well whatever the reason is, one thing is for sure this thing is very unreliable. I think it is better for me to not use it. That's a pity as someone really putted a lot of effort into it to make it in the first place.

8 years ago

There are some wins that are hidden by default (DLCs and games that return false positives), if you count these you get 56 wins.
I think that "Dwarfs!? Quest for the Gauntlet (Alpha)" & "Galactic Arms Race" do not exist in the Steam API so that's why they don't appear.
I don't know what the last missing 2 are.

8 years ago

Ok I see. Wow this is complicated stuff. Well it is all clear to me now. Ty

8 years ago

I'm hurt ;)

42, i like that number lol

8 years ago

It doesn't show any to me (except for the DLCs but this is normal)

8 years ago

Are you trying to use your steam nick as steam vanity name? You don't have a custom url, so you need to imput your profile number (76561198163016672).

8 years ago

Aha that did the trick. I am again a decent person now that has activated all her wins! Thanks for clearing this up for me.

8 years ago

A couple more games that probably need to be whitelisted:

• Total War: SHOGUN 2
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Another idea regarding the non-activated wins checking tool. Since everyone's SG profile already has a link to the Steam Community profile, couldn't you just grab it from there and simplify the process?

8 years ago

There's no problem with the standard edition of Fallout NV, only the Ultimate Edition.

Since everyone's SG profile already has a link to the Steam Community profile, couldn't you just grab it from there and simplify the process?

That might not be possible since you can get the link to the Steam profile of an user only if you are logged in, so it might not be possible for the tool to fetch it.

8 years ago

I've only won the standard edition and activated the standard edition, but it still shows up as unactivated, so I think it might be all versions of Fallout: New Vegas.

As for the Steam profile link, if SG doesn't display it to guests there's two options. Either

• authenticate for the check or
  • just use the Steam profile alone, without the SG profile.

If you know the Steam profile, there's a reverse lookup using the Steam ID (http://www.steamgifts.com/go/user/STEAM_ID). At least that will eliminate a point of error (someone mistyping or mismatching two profiles) and speed up the process.

8 years ago*

That's weird, I've checked with the winners of some Fallout New Vegas giveaways and they don't have this issue. Maybe check if you don't have a special version (like a cut version for example).

The link to get the SG profile of an user with their Steam ID doesn't work with a custom URL, so it depends if the tool can get the SteamID32 of an user if you give them a link with a custom name (but I guess that's possible since Enhanced Steam does it).

You might be interested in checking out this script.

8 years ago

Thanks for responding. If it makes a difference, the version of Fallout NV I have in my library is http://store.steampowered.com/app/22380/ and it appears to be as standard a version as it gets. Oh well. It's not like we're going to hang anyone based on a false positive, right? :)

8 years ago

The version of both Fallout NV and Shogun 2 in your library are different from the ones in the store and therefore steamgifts database.
That is what is causing the false positive.

It's weird, let's see if there are more cases with those games and then I'll add them to the whitelist.

Are you from Germany? (Low violence maybe?)

PS: The bot cannot fetch steamID from profiles, it's hidden for non-logged in people (Why? Ask CG)

8 years ago

I'm not from Germany, but even if I won a low-violence version, I can't see it in the description or game properties.

Since we figured you can't get steamIDs through SG, how about just using the SteamID? You can use it to get the SG user profile (http://www.steamgifts.com/go/user/steamID64), so you don't actually need both.

In any case, thanks a lot for your hard work on the tools! ;)

8 years ago

I think that will confuse people more than the double value as every other tool with just one input is asking for steamgifts username.

Alot of people use the script, so they auto-get the real url without typing anything

8 years ago

Multiple wins aren't working correctly; When I input query for a guy that have at least 6 multiple wins (6x2) I just get " string(22) "June 22, 2012, 12:50pm" string(24) "October 14, 2012, 6:43am" " as result, which obviously doesn't tell me correct info.
Also, there is no message if user doesn't have multiple wins, I think there should be.

More games for whitelist:
Trine 2: Complete Story - because "Complete"
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - because "Ultimate"
ToeJam & Earl - activates as dlc for Sega Genesis

8 years ago

There is a message when a user doesn't have multiple wins. As expected, it is precisely:
User USER has no multiple wins for the same game!

Maybe refresh and retry it?

8 years ago

I see message for non existent users, however for existing ones - no, blank page.
juzer - blank page
jzer - I get message, but user doesn't exist on steamgifts.

Tried in chrome and opera.

EDIT: I tried some more random users and got correct queries, however my profile shows blank page http://www.sgtools.tk/multiple/juzer ; I even tried on different pc; is error somehow on my end? Do you get correct message for my profile?

8 years ago*

No issue with Trine 2: Complete Story, I gave it away and it doesn't appear as not activated for the winner.

8 years ago

It shows on my sg acc because of different app id; it is not even Trine 2: Complete Story, it is Goblin Menace, but got renamed when disappeared from store; I thought whitelisting was made by name, but it looks like it is done by app id - in that case whitelist http://store.steampowered.com/app/35725/ named as Trine 2: Complete Story because it is a dlc (https://steamdb.info/app/35725/).

8 years ago

Solved your issue, it was because you gave up a big package above 100P, and old part of the code was trying to get the real value without the proper imports. Now it should work.

New entries in the whitelist

1. Trine 2: Complete Story (With goblin Menance id)
  2. Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  3. ToeJam & Earl

Thanks to your profile I found another bug, well I thought Valve was intelligent enough to not share and ID between Apps and Packages but it seems that they are not. Mirror's Edge and Serious Sam Complete Package share the same id :)

8 years ago

It's working :) Thanks for efforts to improve this tool :)

Trine 35725 (dlc) still shows not whitelisted, you whitelisted 35720 which is normal game and was not showing as default like TempeteJoachim said.

One more thing about multiple wins.. Magicka Collection was available for gifting under various app ids (as soon as they add 1 dlc - oh look it's time for new sub), so people were winning it under various app ids, and tool is not catching that. It was available for sure under app id 13523 and now is available for giveaways under ids 18538 and 34718, probably whole palette of ids for collection/complete packs from https://steamdb.info/app/42910/subs/ were available at some time on sg. Any fix for that?

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, I changed it to 35725 and it should be OK now.

For multiple wins, we can only check appid's. Not because it's a limitation of the tool, but you are allowed to enter (an win) any giveaway that has something more than you have as long as the giveaway creator wants, so if it has one more DLC is OK from a rules point of view (not ethic).

8 years ago

Check vs Mate -> Battle vs Chess
Maybe it can be whitelisted.

8 years ago

Can you link me to someone that won "Check vs Mate" please?

8 years ago

Here.

8 years ago

Thank you.

Added appid 211070 (Check vs Mate) to whitelist

8 years ago

Why should this be whitelisted? These are two different apps in the Steam database.
https://steamdb.info/app/211050/
https://steamdb.info/app/211070/

8 years ago

Because 211070 no longer exists and it redirects to 211050. So if you won and activated 211070 steam api will say that you own 211050 instead, so it is a false positive

8 years ago

Both applications exist independently. Check vs Mate is for sale in North America, Battle vs Chess is for sale everywhere else. They are different AppIDs, each have their own DLCs, and can both be owned by the same account. They even each have their own coupons. The store pages for each app are configured such that if you try to access the app that is outside your region, it will redirect you to the correct version for you. Checking a specific user will tell you which one they have in their library.

Steam Gifts only allows me to create Check vs Mate giveaways (AppID 211070), likely because it uses the Steam API from the US for its app information.

I realize a lot of people might make giveaways for the wrong game and some users might not care which they get but that I don't think that should be a reason to delist it from the tool.

8 years ago

think twice: some guys do reroll just because the winner has not activated the game.
they using this tool to check it out.
so, they seeing this picture: Battle vs Chess - not activated (if the winner from US region - it be marked as activated) = f*uck this guy - reroll the winner :D

some stupid situation.
do not adding this game to whitelisted - will do much damage to users.

8 years ago

I think many people ask for rerolls if someone has non-activated wins, as they should. It's pretty important that we do so because Support doesn't have the time or manpower to check every user automatically.

If someone has Battle vs Chess, they have Battle vs Chess, period. You cannot buy Check vs Mate and end up with Battle vs Chess accidentally, and vice versa. They are two separate games listed separately on Steam (even they happen to be mostly identical.)

If someone entered a giveaway for Check vs Mate and they received Battle vs Chess, they should not mark the gift received because they did not receive the game for the giveaway that they entered.

edit: Incidentally, Support does check rerolls to see if the cause is just and will deny a reroll request if they find that the user has not violated the rules or if the user has already served a suspension. This means there is little harm to the rerolled user, only a slight delay while support looks at the ticket.

8 years ago

Just wanted to tell you about three games that I own but that are shown as not activated:

• Team Fortress 2
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2
  • Fallout 4

TF2 is F2P.
TW: S2 was already mentioned some posts above. I'm from Germany, but I don't think there is a low violence version for that.
F4 is a preordered game. I guess you can't do anything about that.

Clicky

8 years ago

Now it should only list Fallout 4. Shogun 2 was added to whitelist and now I get f2p owned games too from steam API.

8 years ago

Great, thanks a lot for your work :)

8 years ago

I got another question/suggestion.

Can you enable a feature, that would calculate the old SGv1 stats for sent? (you know, 2 entires = cv, not 5?)

8 years ago

I could do that for sure, but why does it matter the old way of calculating CV? It's not valid anymore and it could lead to confusion to some people

8 years ago

I'd like to know the old way of cv for gifts sent, because many of the older sg users gave away so much during v1, that gain zero cv in the current v2.
And to prevent confusion, you can make it not easily seen (or keep the v2 as default yea). (or keep it as a new url within your site)
example: http://www.sgtools.tk/sentv1/username

Or on the end result page, were you see the Green (Full value game), Red (Bundled game), Orange (5+ copies),
you could maybe make a seperate total for games that would of get full cv from previous v1. (so that we may add both totals together)

Or put the value that is gone now from v1 to v2 inside parentheses after the total?
Example:

Real CV for Sent Gifts on account NAME
5100.75 $ (1748.22 $)

Or how ever you plan on doing it.

8 years ago

But legacy CV is alot more than that.

It means no 5+ copies reduction, base 25$ free for bundle giveaways and later 20% of non-bundled value for bundled, no levels, etc..

8 years ago

I mean, keep it like v2 calculations, except the 5 entires and 5 copy rule. (sorry for the extremely late reply, your reply must of got lost within all my 'thanks' messages when I marked all as read)

8 years ago

I've chatted with a few people, that complain that their real cv sent is low because of there "under 5 entrie" giveaways, and I'd like to catch them in a lie which they can't avoid if the site had a 2 or 5 toggle for entries.

And those people, I manually went through their list, and manually added it up, myself, but they just pretend I did the math wrong.

Again, I don't mean legacy CV with that base $25 free, I want the real cv to work just as it is but instead of the 5 entrie rule in calculations, have an option to reduce it to 2 entrie for calculations.

Thanks for your time.

8 years ago

another whitelist report ;)
Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition - it's a pack but only base game is shown in the library

8 years ago

anpother one to whitelist:
Fallout New Vegas®: Courier’s Stash™ - while API return it as app it's in fact DLC thus does not show in the library.

8 years ago

Added both of them, thanks for the report!

1. Fallout New Vegas®: Courier’s Stash™
  2. Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition
8 years ago

One suggestion:
Can you make tracker of bundle list updates? SG provides only info when game was available for few cents, but it doesn't provide date when the game was added to bundle list. It should be easy to compare cached version of the list with new one when it's updating; it would be something like "Latest bundle list additions/modifications" option on site. I think that this could help a lot of people who are wondering why did their cv drop.

8 years ago*

I modified the bundle-list-update process to store the date when it adds each entry.
The problem is that right now every entry has the same timestamp as bundled date.

We'll need some time to be able to show an interesting list there.

8 years ago*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/229790 Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness

Probably needs to be whitelisted

8 years ago

Added, thanks for the report

8 years ago

Hey, it's not showing me anything but just blank page on inactivated games tab when I try to look up someone. I used this tool before today and it worked fine, but now I tried same users who I tried before, and new users, but it just shows blank page for them when I click submit query.

Checking for duplicate wins still works, but not inactivated games.

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, you are right I'll check it later

8 years ago

It should work now, today I changed some internal parts of the tool and I overlooked that part :(

8 years ago

Thanks. Works good now.

8 years ago

By the way, is there a way to access list of games which are marked as Bundles? Because I am doing some giveaways and some games I gaveaway I did not get them from bundles, but when checked my CV value it says bundle, and just adds fraction of a cost. So before making a giveaways I want to make sure that the game is not bundled.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Thanks a lot! xD

8 years ago

It doesn't matter if you paid full price or not. If the game has been in a bundle you won't get full value.

8 years ago

For some reason the system thinks that I have not activated the Farm Experts 2016 that is clearly in my Steam account.
I think it should be whitelisted.

It may be because the key that is used for the GA in SG also includes a DLC (Farm Machines Pack) : http://store.steampowered.com/app/375470

8 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the report

8 years ago

Thanks for the quick response!

8 years ago

Galactic Arms Race is marked as not being in the Steam API database. It is here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/249610/ and https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=249610

8 years ago

When the giveaway was created there was no steam link in the giveaway (the game was not in steam), so it's impossible for the tool to know it's appid.

8 years ago

Erm how could a non steam game possibly end on steamgifts?

OT: keep up your good work. Oh and btw the not-activated tool gives me a 404 ... Using the tk domain...

8 years ago

Long ago there were some giveaways from developers that didn't have a steam url assigned. The same happened with full bundles entries (Humble Bundle 4, etc).

If it gives you a 404, maybe you are missing one of the two parameters?

8 years ago

I indeed did... Strange thought i had entered both. Working for me.

8 years ago

Found a false positive for non-activated gifts:
Medieval II: Total War™ Kingdoms - http://store.steampowered.com/app/4780
Example: http://www.sgtools.tk/nonactivated/SILPH/76561197971607500

Thanks for this great tool!

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, it seems like an expansion, added to the whitelist

8 years ago

So was there a problem a few days ago / week regarding activated wins?
Or do I just not understand how that part works?
I was trying to use it and it seemed that everyone I checked hadn't activated their wins.
So I tried to debug, and use it on myself (who I know has activated) and it all came up pink. :/

What am I doing wrong or ....?

Otherwise I love your tools. :D

8 years ago

Non-activated wins hasn't changed in some time (months), so it must be some problem with how you input the steamgifts id and steam vanity name / steam id.

I see all your wins activated

8 years ago

What are you putting in the two boxes? o_O
I can't get the same results. :/

8 years ago

The first box is you steamgifts username.
The second box is your steamid or your steam vanity url

8 years ago

OH! SteamID, not steamname... That's why it didn't work for me.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Did you make your Steam profile private?

You have 4 wins, one is DLC and thus whitelisted.
If you're set to private, the tool can't check games owned, and show everything as not activated.

...also from my end using the tool, I don't see those three nonactivations.

...sir.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Did you enter the names manually?

If so, did you put "KTS" in #1 and "KTSnyder" or "76561197993092167" in #2? Since #2 depends on your steamID/Vanity.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Is it suppose to be slightly off?
Says 4.35 on steam gifts but 37.10% on the tool.

8 years ago

It should be pretty much exact, that 2% is kind of huge. Maybe a recent bundled game that is not updated yet in the tools?

8 years ago

It happened just before my RPG Maker VX Ace giveaway, if that helps narrow it down

8 years ago

I don't see anything strange that could make the tool fail, its a difference of around 3$ (2% of level 4).
It's not big enough being a bundled game issue looking at your games sent, I'll look it with more detail later!

8 years ago

I noticed you had Grandia II Anniversary Edition on your wishlist, so I nominated you to be eligible to enter the giveaways on this thread. Good luck, and thanks for continuing to maintain this toolset for us!

8 years ago

I didn't know that such thread exists, thank you for nominating me :)

8 years ago

Could we get the last bundled games to go back a just a bit further than 50? When a lot get added at once like yesterday/today, it loses some usefulness.

8 years ago

Now the tool shows bundled games of last week with a minimum of 50 entries.

8 years ago

Thank you for being awesome!

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.