SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I waited until the end this time. ^^

1 invalid user
f2663c39-19c3-11e8-a27d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Bump! ^^

6 years ago

Hello. I have a problem when joining to giveway protected by sgtool. Namely, every message pops up. "You are currently serving an infraction until
2018-04-18 23:33:45
NY Time "
what does it mean please help.

6 years ago

As knsys seems busy, the most probable explanation is that you have used a leaked link to enter a giveaway. Judging from the time of your infraction, my guess is that it is your first time. From the original post:

1. First Strike -> 1 month
6 years ago

and something more accurately you can tell me I have a permanent IP. all ga create on 1 Pc? is it because I got ban?

6 years ago

I don't understand what you want to say.

You (probably) used a link to a SGTools protected giveaway that you got somewhere else (not from SGTools). Maybe a friend sent you a link, maybe your found a link in some forum or a Steam group.

6 years ago

I think more or less I understand what's going on thanks for your help :)

6 years ago

Hi Patryk0, sorry for the delay!

As Oppenh4imer has already pointed out, you are currently serving an infraction because you entered a giveaway protected by sgtools without having a valid entry on sgtools, twice.

The giveaways are:

• Pahelika: Revelations HD
  • Project Highrise
6 years ago

One invalid entry in the Tomb Raider giveaway: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/a9cccc59-32ae-11e8-a27d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Happy holidays for you too :)

6 years ago

Thankies! :3

6 years ago

Sins of a Dark Age deleted from steam and i delete from accaunt her. Sins of a Dark age deleted from steam and i delete from accaunt her. Now I can not pass the test of SG Tools

6 years ago

There should be a way to restore a game that you deleted from your account. Use a search engine of your choice to find more information.

6 years ago

It was irretrievable removal. The game is closed, the servers are disabled. It no longer exists. In steam it is not. I can not now delete garbage from my account, which now does not exist and does not have any value?

6 years ago

I am pretty sure, you can restore the game by Steam support.

I can not now delete garbage from my account, which now does not exist and does not have any value?

Sure you can, but as you are missing a game you won from your account, you can not enter most SGTools giveaways.

6 years ago

I can not. All I have is not a working key.

6 years ago

Have you tried:

Log into Steam > Help > Steam Support > Type the name of the game in (Search Issues, features and games) box

> Select the relevant game
Sometimes it may be listed more than once, you may have to check. The correct version should show when you previously activated the game

> It's not in my library > Restore the previously removed package to my 
6 years ago

It did not work, I checked it right away. I returned to the game through the ASF. Otherwise, she did not return.

6 years ago

So you can pass SGT gates once again, great!

6 years ago

Thx. But cant. Other rules.

6 years ago

Okay. Forget it.

6 years ago

You can add the game if you have ASF. Use command addlicense 30801.

I checked out the game when I read your post yesterday, and I added the game to my account successfully

6 years ago

ASF??

6 years ago

6 years ago

thx

6 years ago

Bump! <3

6 years ago

Another ban wave:

• 824660 !4RC4N01D! 4: KOHBEEP edition
  • 809370 !4RC4N01D! 3: Cold Space 5000 Achievements!
  • 805170 !Peace Phantom 2!
  • 791550 !4RC4N01D! 2: Retro Edition
  • 786660 !4RC4N01D! - Bronze Levels Pack
  • 777010 !4RC4N01D!
  • 776200 Peace Phantom
  • 727300 Epic PVP Castles
  • 794870 AppleSnake: Christmas story
  • 789470 AppleSnake: Halloween Adventures
  • 754780 AppleSnake2
  • 733190 JellyNoid
  • 710080 SnappleNoid
  • 672110 AppleSnake

Edit: Looks like I missed one from last month, but since there has only been one giveaway for it, it hasn't been an issue.

• 766540 A Kiss For The Petals - Maidens of Michael
6 years ago*

!4RC4N01D! 2: Retro Edition
shakes fist

6 years ago

Same false positive here for !4RC4N01D! 2: Retro Edition

6 years ago

Added them all to the whitelist, thanks for the info!

6 years ago

Dear knsys , This game Epic PVP Castles should be add in not activate check whitelisted

6 years ago

Added to the whitelist with all the others reported by Cj

6 years ago

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/600fde48-2e21-11e8-a27d-fa163ee2f826

One invalid entry who couldn't have passed honestly.

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks LostSoul :D

6 years ago

You're welcome, Knsys and thank you! :3

6 years ago

I can't log in right now. When I click sign in via open id, I just get re-directed to the sgtools home page.
Maybe steam changed something on steam's side, cause that happend on a few other sites yesterday but no longer today?

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

I think Valve might have changed something on their side of the open id log in procedure. Mainly because it had happened yesterday on a few different websites, and now (for me) it's only on sgtools anymore.
So I don't think there's anything we can do, aside from waiting for knsys to see the posts and react to them.

6 years ago

Yeah they changed a parameters on the openid response. It's working again now, thanks for letting me know!

6 years ago

Thank you for the quick response 👍 ... and generally for all your work on this!
Have a nice weekend. 🙂

6 years ago

Last 10954 Bundled Games seems a bit much ^^

6 years ago

Yeah, that's a bit too much isn't it?
Fixed and thanks for the heads up!

6 years ago

The listed games don't link to their store-page anymore.

6 years ago

Games should have the link back to the store page, sorry about that, I forgot about that link when I reworked how bundle games were stored and handled in SGT.

6 years ago

Same problem as igel and redkiller. When i click sign in. I get re-directed to sgtools home page unsigned, but on steam store page i get signed in there through the sg tools login. Cleared cache, temp files, cookies and used different browsers, no success. Need more info?

Edit: Works again, thanks knsys for taking care of it.

6 years ago*

Since yesterday I came across an issue. Most of the users for which I check whether they've activated their wins or not, I get this message. And no, they do not have a private profile and neither Steam community is down.

Any idea why is that?

View attached image.
6 years ago

It's working fine for me, it may be steam api derping as always.

6 years ago

Eh... It's a PITA when having to check multiple winners. Thanks for the response!

6 years ago*

One would think they'd have a decent api since they are earning millions out of their platform... but it's the opposite unfortunately.

6 years ago

Valve in a nutshell.

6 years ago

Now in the profile of a Steam user, you can't see the games that user owns unless you are his friend...maybe that's the problem.
Friend: https://i.imgur.com/MDt5fYZ.png
Not friend: https://i.imgur.com/Y4fVfPB.png

6 years ago*

Unless this change affects the steam api, it shouldn't be relevant to SGT.

EDIT: It does indeed affect steam api :\

6 years ago*

Deals not working

View attached image.
6 years ago

That looks like a side-effect of yesterday's changes on bundle handling, already fixed and thanks for the report!

6 years ago

Have a great Sunday, Knsys! :3

6 years ago

Hey knsys,

for about one day now, I am getting an error message (500), when trying to check for invalid entries: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/069cfeeb-3425-11e8-a27d-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

I might have re-loaded the page a couple of times to catch people using a leaked link at first and afterwards passing the gate.

Have a nice day!

6 years ago

It's working now, steamgifts changed some urls and it was breaking the regexp used to read steam ids from profiles.

Notes to future me: First look up at SG changelog instead of losing time tracing the error :P

6 years ago

6 years ago

6 years ago

6 years ago

Hello knsys,

Is there a way you could recognize Humble Bundle for Android 3 (Below Average) and Humble Bundle for Android 3 (Above Average) as different packages? Right now they're being reported as multiple wins.

6 years ago

Those are edge cases that are hard to handle.

Usually multiple wins takes into account steam type (app/sub) + game id to match multiple wins. That means a multiple win implies that you have marked as received two giveaways that share the same combo type+id. In the case that we don't have this information, as happens with old HB giveaways, SGT uses giveaway name to do the matching.

Problem arises when the only difference is inside a parenthesis like this case. SGT parses giveaways and extracts data prior to use it, and it removes every parenthesis data before passing it to the next level (extracts points and copies to their own fields). So at the end, when the digested information gets to the multiple-wins checker, both entries are "Humble Bundle for Android 3", so it raises the multiple wins flag.

I could in theory made exceptions for each and every case like that, but I think it'd be a better idea that SG renames it to a more coherent name, respecting the parenthesis for what they are designed (other info: points and copies). Maybe something in the line of "Humble Bundle for Android 3 - Below Average".

If that is not feasible, I'll need a list of all the problematic parenthesis-using games that doesn't have an steam url.

6 years ago*

Ban wave of the week:

• 766810 The lost joystick
  • 781940 Green Slaugther
  • 811990 Maze of Infection
  • 821930 The Lost Joystick - Soundtrack
  • 699950 Crap Attack
6 years ago

The "funny" thing here is that Crap Attack is still sold on the store.

6 years ago

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Valve logic never makes sense, but at least it is never boring.

6 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the list!

6 years ago

for some reason i'm getting a false positive on http://store.steampowered.com/app/699950/Crap_Attack/, had it for over 6 months(as won), and it flagged today as not owned although i do own it, could you take a look?

6 years ago

It should be ok now, it's been banned by steam you can look at the comment below to see the whole list.

6 years ago

Another customer: 14022199-35a1-11e8-a27d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

6 years ago

Hello Knsys,

I've activated every win I've ever received on my account but for some reason when attempting to access sgtools giveaways it says I have not. I used the account checker and it says it cannot verify a game I won called, "The Fist of Jesus (321110)." I've actually played this game and have 77% of the achievements but this false positive is because it was removed/banned from steam. Can you assist?

6 years ago

Do a manual resync while your profile is set to public, you must have cached values from when you got the profile in private mode thanks to volvo unilateral change.

6 years ago

I actually tried a few re-syncs last night to no avail (after updating from the valve change). For whatever reason it looks like SGtools is working for me now but I re-synced again just to be sure (on SGtools and SG). I appreciate your assistance and your support to the community.

6 years ago

did wishlist_date break with the latest profile privacy change from steam? i just put out 6 sgtools links that had wishlist_date < date('2018/04/16') just like i always do, but nobody could get in (some even confirmed they had set their games details to public).

also, i'd probably use a wishlist_position filter so i could use something like wishlist_position < 101 to say it has to be in the first 100 games on the wishlist.

6 years ago*

Position can be changed any time without affecting the wish list date, so it's a useless filter.

6 years ago

that's a really good point.

6 years ago

Wishlisted games are stored correctly if the user has the profile in public mode, i just double checked it.

I don't have any giveaway in the system that I could check wishlist_date with, but I checked wishlisted_game_date(app, "date") and it's working fine, so wishlist_date should work too.

Most probably those users failing did sync with a private profile and the cached values are used. They should make sure they have their profile public and do a resync.

6 years ago

resync on steamgifts? i don't see a sync option in sgtools

6 years ago

Go to sgtools.info --> Home --> Synchronize

6 years ago

Hi knysys,
i wanted to exclude users, from my sgtools protected GA's, that giveaway 10+ copies of the $1 Bundles.
I would take only one Game (Game X, not from interest which one of the bundle/bundles) that are given out X times (i think 10 in my case) .....
but i seen it is impossible to make that at the moment.

I wanted to make that rule because i have around 1/3 of GA winners that give only or nearly only the $1 Bundles in a lot of copies (push there level AND there real cv) and go with it around the intention/mind of my 0.5 real cv ratio.

Can you please give us the possibility to "Name a game" and "sended X copies" and set a "false" behind it ?

If not i must use a very hard rule that hits, a lot of, other ones too. I want avoid that.

(level < 5.7 and and num_sent 2.25 >= real_sent_cv) or (level >= 5.7 and level < 7 and num_sent <= level 35) or (level >= 7)

It separates into three:
1) under level 5.7 (roughly 400 CV). The average CV per game you gave away must be over 2.25$. This means that you had to give away games with at least a 15-dollar price tag, on average, or had to include some non-bundled games. This is around 0.08 dollars above the average of the best one-dollar bundle.
2) If you are over that level but under level 7, you couldn't give away more than 35 games/level, meaning if you bought the same cheap bundle 10 times or all the cheap-ass junk bundles, you had to grind more games to get there. This way, those who try to maximise CV/bundle at the cost of spamming cheap shit will be excluded.
3) You are over level 7. Not even dropping 10 copies of all 1-dollar bundles can get you that far.

The average must be so high to be higher then the $1 Bundle Games. But it will hit a lot of other ones that gave normal (not so high price, bundled) stuff too. And that is shi*.

I hope you can help (maybe with other thoughts too).

friendly regards
Masafor

6 years ago

I suggest you to play with real_cv_bundled and unbundled, it'll make the formulas easier and you can ignore bundled completely if you want. You can create your own "levels" and use only unbundled value to check for them. Otherwise you can make your own ratios of bundled/non bundled CV, etc.

6 years ago

I wouldn't mind having a has not given away AppID criterium for custom rules neither. Restricting it to the number of copies wouldn't really be crucial for me but I guess more flexibility is always a good thing. For me it would just be nice to keep people who have given away Clickteam Fusion or Spriter / Spriter DLC out.

6 years ago

Restrict people who gave given those away, or restrict people whose majority of CV is from those?

6 years ago

Either one would be fine for me but if it doesn't take a lot of extra work to code has not given away more than X copies of AppID would be preferable since that would allow setting it either way.

6 years ago

I guess a function like real_cv_by_apps([app_ids, ...]) would help. It's possible to calculate the CV left after deducting any CV gained from certain apps, thought that would also exclude CV earned from giving away those games from before they are bundled.

6 years ago

Problem with that kind of functions is that they are not easily cacheable and SGT uses a cache to check for giveaways and only fetches new data every 24h+

It's not feasible to store detailed cv for every giveaway and every user with current hardware, so at the end functions like that are not possible since data would be too big to handle with the limited resources.

6 years ago

Yeah, you would either have to store the CV and calculate yourself, or sync with SG every time the rule needs to be checked, and neither are good solutions.

6 years ago

One drawback to these rules is that you very quickly exclude people who have given away free games.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.