SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/ab99ecff-4196-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
One invalid entry in Gothic Universe edition & Risen 3

6 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

I have a report. My profile is public and I didn't violate the rule. But, SGTools checked me for a not activated gifts.
The gift, 'The Bridge', is definitely registered and in my library. I hope you guys solve this problem.

6 years ago

There are two games called the bridge: 821160 and 204240. The error is not sgtools but that you've got a key for the wrong game here. You should have won 204240 but I only see the 821160 on your account.

6 years ago

OMG. I understand. Thank you for your kind answer.
I think the person who made the giveaway made it wrong.
How can I solve the problem in this case?
I think it is possible to contact the giveaway creator.

6 years ago

Mark as not received and if that's not possible make a ticket and let support change the feedback. You should also post in the GA thread to inform the GA creator. The GA creator should then ask support to change game if that's possible. If not gift you the right game (buy it on steam or somewhere else) or ask you for GA deletion.

Also see FAQ:

What should I do If I win a game that cannot be activated in my region, or if I receive a gift or key that does not match the game I won?
You should contact the giveaway creator to return the gift, and to inform them of the situation. If the giveaway creator is able to provide you with a replacement gift or key for the same game that can be activated in your region, then you should mark the gift as "Received". In all other cases, the gift should be marked as "Not Received". When marking a gift as "Not Received" it's recommended that you leave an explanation in the giveaway comments as a reference for both the giveaway creator and our support team. If the giveaway creator is not able to provide a replacement gift or key, they may ask your permission to delete the giveaway.

6 years ago

Thank you so much. Your answer really helped me a lot. I will try to solve it.😺

6 years ago

6 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

6 years ago

6 years ago

6 years ago

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/86e253de-44cf-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826

One Invalid,

suspicious chinese activities, maybe I'm too paranoid

6 years ago

Interesting, all the people who entered in my last giveaway were from China as well. So we might have a Chinese forum or steam group where people are fond of leaking links...

5 years ago

I just saw all his friends, 2 are suspended permanent from SG, today I will check all the entries to see any relation I couldn't find yesterday

5 years ago

None of the ones who entered my giveaways through leaked links are suspended, but I did notice that two of them wrote identical descriptions in their giveaways. So I reported them, might be worth it for support to have a look at them.

5 years ago

Other 2 GA I had weeks before had less than 300 entries, this got 430 and was open less time
How I must report hime here, Inappropriate behavior??

5 years ago

Sadly just entering through a leaked giveaway link won't be enough for them to suspend or ban someone, it's not a reportable offense. The best thing you can do is blacklist them and report it here so that knsys can hand out sgtools suspensions.

5 years ago

5 years ago

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/4c06abea-4b0a-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826

One leaked entry in the first one. Interestingly enough, this is yet another person from China, much like what I got in my previous giveaways and what MeeMesmo got. It really does seem like we've got a Chinese group that leaks giveaway links.

5 years ago

It looks like we have a new organized group of leakers then. China is the new Russia?

5 years ago

Sure seems like it, I too had 1 chinese illegal passenger in my birthday train.

5 years ago

Bringing some customers!
c2f1a4ad-3e1c-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
9b5484bb-3e1c-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826

5 years ago

Customers served with a delicious infraction :p

5 years ago

Another week, another ban wave:

• 595930 Steam: Rails to Riches
  • 596820 Steam: Rails to Riches - Carcassonne Map
  • 596821 Steam: Rails to Riches - USA-Canada Map
  • 596822 Steam: Rails to Riches - Northern England Map
  • 596823 Steam: Rails to Riches - Belgium & Luxembourg Map
  • 656590 Eight-Minute Empire
  • 702410 Eight-Minute Empire: Mountains
  • 702411 Eight-Minute Empire: Old Europe Map
  • 702412 Eight-Minute Empire: Archipelago of Azra Map
  • 702413 Eight-Minute Empire: Southern Plains Map
  • 702414 Eight-Minute Empire: Starfall Crater Map
  • 702415 Eight-Minute Empire: Isthmus of Gom Map
  • 759230 Steam: Rails to Riches - Southwestern France Map
5 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the heads up!

5 years ago

Bump! :3

5 years ago

I have 1 chinese customer, he entered 2 of my birthday GAs. He ended up winning the second one, but I've asked for a re-roll.
4a018ab1-4e3e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
eb551066-4e37-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826

5 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report. Somehow some Chinese people got wild with invalid entries lately, maybe some forum is posting them?

5 years ago

Thank you, knsys.
Support suspended the leaker and I placed them and my customer on my BL. But if they are part of a group and / or some forum it won't matter much.

5 years ago

I have created a few giveaways to help some forum causes and I got invalid entries in all of them (some multiple times).
17dc0583-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
2b50755d-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
46283ba6-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
56859d17-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
67e08103-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
babd994f-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
f10d4caf-433f-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
154d0697-4341-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826

5 years ago

5 years ago

I am a Chinese. Here actually some Chinese chat groups (QQ chat group and Wechat chat group) are posting the private giveaways, and these people say these GAs are set up by themselves (the rules of these chat groups also request that). I also post a lot of private giveaways created by myself in these chat group. We have shared the additional game to each other for a long time. Some of these chat group may exist for years, and the member were nice and honest. But in recent days it seems that some new bad guys distributed the leaked GA from sgtools as if they create these private GAs. (I don’t know which GA is a leaked one, sorry)

Many Chinese people (including me) consider them as regular private giveaways built by themselves until I find a lot of Chinese in these group are banned and see the discussion about Chinese today.

Is the reason why infractions happen on me the leaked private GA? If yes:

So Sorry for breaking the rule, but I don’t know that these GAs are from sgtools.

(you can see the status of my SG account actually allow me get into almost all sg GAs: high sent cv/ receive cv, no vac ban, no multiple activation and received all games winned, so it must be no benefit for me to get in these leaked GAs.

To prove my innocence, I believe I can PASS THE SGTOOLS RULE of these leaked GAs protected by SGTOOLS, and you can check it.)

So, if I know these private GAs are leaked one, I will not take part in these GAs posted in these chat groups.

(
Strike system details:

1. First Strike -> 1 month
  2. Second Strike -> 3 months
  3. Third Strike -> 6 months
  4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infracti)
    )

Whats more, I haven't gotten any strike yet (Actually you can see I have registered only 4 months for SG, it is impossible for me to take a Third Strike). It’s first time I meet this kind of infractions, so 3000 years’ infractions seems too long to me. Is there any possible to reduce my term of imprisonment?It is surely THE FIRST TIME I met the fraction. Please check it again.

Thanks a lot.

———
Here are some more suggustions because I hope sgtools become a perfect tool:

1) It is really impossible to recognize if a GA link is set up by sgtools or not. This feature may allow some bad guys to do bad things. Today, they can post leaked GAs in Chinese organization, tomorrow someone can also do the same thing in America, Russia and so on. A lot of innocent people may be banned because they have no method to recognize if the GA link is created by the real GA sender, and the principle criminal who post these leaked GAs will receive no punishment if he do not enter these leaked GAs they posted and no one can find out them.

If Sgtools can sign something automatically in GA’s description (like “this giveaway is set up by sgtools, the link is xxx, please check if you are allowed. pls do not enter the GA if...”), then we can find these bad guys who attempt to distribute the leaked giveaways immediately next time. furthermore, Some people can avoid breaking rules.

Another extreme case. If I want to set a large range of people up, I can make several SGTOOL links and use another account to post the private GA links in some SG chat group (line, wechat, WhatsApp...), and tell them that I build the GA. Then I can report the invalid entries to ban them.

So I think there must be a strict digital signature to avoid leaking GAs.

[1]First, Sgtools link is allowed to be made only when there’s 0 entry in GAs.

[2]Second, The GA description automatically made by sgtools is not allowed to edit, if the creator edit the GA description, they are no longer protected by sgtools. If creator want to say something more, they can make comments in their GAs.

2) If someone break the rule, is there any possible for these people to find out why they are banned? Which leaked GA they get in? This may help to find out the true rule-breaker who distributes the link.

———

I have sent a steam friend request to you. If you agree, I hope to discuss the method to avoid leaked GAs in depth and give you some detail about the possible reason why there are so many Chinese SGTOOLS leaked GAs.

Actually, most people gives a leaked private GA URL will not say it is a leaked one, they always pretend to build the GA themselves to get the reward from these organizations. If they know the GA they enter is a leaked one, I believe most of them will not enter it. So, the person who leak the GA in public chat group is a really bad one, how to find them is a big problem.

Considering this is THE FIRST TIME I met the fraction, could you give me another chance? I take account credit as the most important issue. If you tell me I won a gift that I shouldn’t win, I can buy the game back to the real creator. If you want me to send some word to Chinese guys, I am also glad to do it. Have a nice day.

Thank you very much.

5 years ago*

I can only speak for myself, but I state in the description of my GAs when it is one protected with sgtools. This way no one can say they didn't know if it is protected or not.

5 years ago

Yes, you are so kind to remind us.
Perhaps the Chinese who get into your GA protected by sgtools is the principle criminal who leaks private GAs we are trying to find.

5 years ago

Hi Ilystar,

If you install the SGTools user-script (you can find it in the main post), you are informed of the status of private giveaways in relation to SGTools, so what you ask for is already there for everyone to use. If you don't like that extension, you can use any other extension that supports that API query, but I'm not sure if anyone else has implemented in in their user-scripts. In short that user-scripts modifies the enter giveaway button changing it's colors and contents if it's an SGTools protected giveaway.

For the description part, SGTools can't interact with Steamgifts on giveaway creation, so it cannot force a description to be inputted at the first place. If the giveaway creator uses the user-script I told you before, a default description it's automatically inserted, but the user is free to edit/remove it. I don't think that forcing a description should be the way to go, there are other means to know if a giveaway is SGTools protected or not (see previous point).

Strike system works as follow: For every SGTools protected giveaway that you enter without a valid entry, you get a strike if the owner reports the invalid entries. If you enter several wagons of a train protected by a single SGTools giveaway, you only get one strike. So, if you have a 3000 year infraction, aka perma-infraction, it means that you broke though at least 4 different SGTools giveaways.

As a general rule of thumb, don't enter any private giveaway if you are not sure that you have the permission of the giveaway creator.

5 years ago*

Hello knsys,

Thank you very much, and you are so kind to tell me a lot.

I install all 3 SGTools user-scripts, and try to avoid similar things.

Considering I am banned on 2018.5.7, I find I enter the dubnio's giveaway without the permission. (He report the invalidation on 2018.5.7)

"
dubnio
I have created a few giveaways to help some forum causes and I got invalid entries in all of them (some multiple times).
17dc0583-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
2b50755d-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
46283ba6-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
56859d17-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
67e08103-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
babd994f-433e-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
f10d4caf-433f-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
154d0697-4341-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826
"

and I find the record of chatting history. (The man who leak the GAs changed his Avatar and nickname, so its very hard to recognize the validation of the private link he posted without user-scripts) details could be found in the link below.

https://imgur.com/a/od9koRl

"这是我创建的私链,你们看看" As expected, he said he set up the private GA by himself. If you want, I can give you his QQ chat ID number, but its hard to find his steam ID.

Sure, I should go to the steam page of the creator to make sure that the man in the chat group and the creator of GA is the same person, but I am careless this time.

Furthermore, I check these SGTOOL links I broke, I find I can pass ALL THE SGTOOL RULE he set immediately. So, It is no beneficial for me to break the rule deliberately, isn't it? Could this prove my innocence?

Here is the Giveaway rules: https://imgur.com/a/ZM71xTX

Another off-topic small question. I installed all 3 user-scripts. Where can I find that the GA link is protected by SGTOOL?

https://imgur.com/a/wKLoWg6

https://imgur.com/a/mb6uTEe

These 8 GA links is sent in one message, and the cheater tell us that he build the link by himself. So, to a fresh user who do not know the function of SGTools user-scripts, it must be one illegal attempt, not 8, isn't it? I am sorry to trouble you but is it any possible to give me a warn of several months or even several years first, just not the 3000 years?

Thank you for replying me.

5 years ago*

Sorry for the late reply, I'm quite busy those days.

You got the following strikes:

• Laser League
  • Lara Croft GO
  • Neon Chrome
  • STRIDER™ / ストライダー飛竜®
  • Alien Shooter 2 Conscription
  • Blockstorm

It's not rare for people that break though to be able to pass the requirements, but that doesn't mean anything at all. Sometimes the giveaway links are inside a puzzle or inside a thread the owner of the giveaway wants you to read, and by not finding the giveaway link yourself you are leaving that part out of the equation.

You'll find the indicator in the "enter giveaway button", so you won't see it in an already finished giveaway.

Any user, fresh or veteran should already know that you should not enter a private giveaway if you are not getting the url from the creator itself, since it's private for a reason...

5 years ago

Hi knsys,

Sure, you are right, and I truly agree with you. Sorry to trouble you when you are so busy.

Sorry but pls let me say a word for myself. I understand "sometimes the giveaway links are inside a puzzle or inside a thread the owner of the giveaway wants you to read, and by not finding the giveaway link yourself you are leaving that part out of the equation". However, in this case, as the screenshot (https://imgur.com/a/wKLoWg6) shows, These GAs are posted on those 4 famous discussions which send private GAs every week without puzzles and hidden messages, and everybody can read it free:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/WxIPa/my-battle-with-lyme-an-awareness-thread
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/eOYPH/positive-thread-giveaways
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/DrsJt/youre-not-alone-3
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/30Ajv/giveaways-for-peace-updated-may-12-open-gas-8

So, in this case, if someone IS ABLE TO PASS the SGT rule, but choose to break through the rule, he is probably framed by the man who leak the private URL deliberately, isn't it? (https://imgur.com/a/od9koRl) (Not only me. Because of the leak in that Chinese group, Another LEVEL 9 guy and other users with perfect history credit is banned permanently in this case, and they break THE SAME SGT GAs leaked by the message showed in screenshot.)

These 8 private GAs protected by SGT are built by the same creator (Mr. dubnio) almost the same time, and posted together. That's why the detestable message makes we enter >4 private GAs.

What's more, as you says in the notice: "This new system will use a strikes based calculations to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions BEFORE BEING PERMANENTLY DENIED of getting thought sgtools giveaways."

So, is it reasonable to ban a user who never got any strikes before, PERMANENTLY? Now, I know the user-scripts now, but I never have the chance to correct my mistake. (;′⌒`)

Furthermore, If someone sets up a wrong GA by accident, he can modify a new key to keep his credit. And, the worst consequence of the invalid enter is that the invalid person win the gift without permission. So, is there any possible for those who enter the private SGT GA by accident to send the gift back to the creator to eliminate the strike no matter whether they win the GA or not?

I fully understand everyone break the rule should be punished, and manslaughter is also a kind of guilty. But I just want to find a way to pay the price of my carelessness and keep my credit clean. What should I do? Find a way to earn the forgiveness of the creator or pay the fine to the SGT evaluated by the value of the game which I broke?

Thank you again :)

5 years ago*

I see that those giveaways had a clear link back to the thread where the SGTools giveaways are posted. You could at least read the description and go to the threads, couldn't you? You'd have seen the giveaways links then.

Strike system works this way, for every one SGT giveaway that you break though, one strike. It's not SGTools fault that you break though 6 in one day. I'm not sure how things works in china, but I'm sure that if you break any law 6 times in the same day or the same place, you'll get trial for all of them, not just for one because it happened on the same timeframe.

People who break though the SGTools giveaways can't win the game, since a reroll will be issued instead. So the only "benefit" of breaking though a SGTools protected giveaway is to receive an infraction. So it's not a wise thing to do.

Either way, I have no power to decide or lift your strikes, since the system is working as intended and you got reported by the giveaway creator. I can only lift your strikes if the owner of those giveaways says so, so you should try to talk with him.

5 years ago

Thank you for your patience and guidance.

5 years ago

llystar already talked to me and explained the situation.
I forgive his infractions. Could you please unban him ?
Sorry for the trouble !

5 years ago

Perfect dubnio, I just removed all the infractions related to your reports

5 years ago

Hello, i have a question about a filter i couldnt find. A filter for "Sent all giveaways". I want a filter that checks if the user has sent all the keys for their giveaways.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

When I press 'check rules' , it takes more time than usual to load and then says 'error occured' . After that, I press 'check rules' again and it gives me the link instantly. Happens mostly on phone (have not noticed on computer yet, since I mostly use phone for SG.).

5 years ago

Just really annoying sometimes.xD

5 years ago

It takes time to synchronize your data, since SGT needs to parse things from SG website.
That's why SGT works with a 24h cache, that means that if the cache is still valid the checking will be instant, that's why the second time you get the url that fast.

About the error, I never noticed it at least in PC, I'll look into it.

5 years ago

Hi knsys, some invalid entries in my recent GA:
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/a321b531-4e0f-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

Thanks!

5 years ago

5 years ago

Another ban wave:

• 600340 Turret Terminator
  • 659750 Reversed Dreamland
  • 719380 Blast Lander
  • 792960 Cubicorner
  • 855200 SpeedJumper
  • 819680 Landwars
5 years ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks for the info

5 years ago

Bump! :3

5 years ago

:3

5 years ago

;-)

Have a nice and peaceful weekend!

5 years ago

Hi, I wish a rule should be added which is last GA time. So many people rush for a high level but not sent gifts for years, it is a bad behavior.

5 years ago

Hello, I find that I have been baned 3000 years in SGTools. May because I entered a SGTools protected giveaway train. I'm sorry for I violated the rules, but I didn't do it on purpose. I joined a groupchat that we can discuss Steam games, we sometimes share the invite links for Steamgifts. I maybe entered the train from here. But if I konw it been protected by SGTools, I won't enter it. Now, I installed SGTools Giveaways Helper so I won't on the wrong train again. I swear to Gabe that I will pay more attention on it and never violate the rules. Please give me a chance, thank you very much.

5 years ago

if you got banned for 3000 years it means you got 4 separate strikes. If you would enter just one leaked GA/train you would get only 1 month ban, if you got 3000 years ban it means that before that you already broke rules and entered unaothorized SGT GAs at least 3 separate times.

5 years ago

Thank you for your reply, but I didn't know I entered how many SGTools protected giveaway until I found I have been banned. The protected links looks as same as the normal invite links, and the sharers didn't explain more. So, for me it was just enter normal invite giveaway, and somehow I was baned. On the other hand, entering a SGTools protected giveaway is no benefit for me, because even if I win, the creators can discover it. In the end, it will only waste time and point.

5 years ago

You may want to read a similar case

5 years ago

Hello, here is another invalid entry... (I did not know that they reported here, I'm relatively new)

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/4a601f36-4232-11e8-b5f5-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

5 years ago

5 years ago

Have a nice Sunday, Knsys! :3

5 years ago

Well, I've read that a little too late, already Monday night here xD

Have a nice week!

5 years ago

Thank you and have a good week too! :D

5 years ago

Happy cake day!!!

5 years ago

Thanks a lot, Knsys!!!

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago

There is false positive on Games wins not activated in my account.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/202170
The Sleeping dogs is now Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

5 years ago

I don't see your account being flagged for not activating sleeping dogs, you can check it yourself.

5 years ago

It's not anymore, since with SG support we changed the giveaway name to Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.
But before that happened, the account was flagged.

5 years ago

Sleeping Dogs and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition are two separate games on steam, like Skyrim & Skyrim: LE, and having one does not mean you have the other. So if you got the wrong version in a giveaway, that was the giveaway creator picking the wrong game, not a false positive.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.