SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

4 years ago

Added to the learning list, thanks for the report!

4 years ago

This one does not get recognized correctly:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1174900/MiMiMiShKa/

4 years ago

4 years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/79384/
Shows this as a standard version, seems it's steam bug?
Probably should include this one
https://store.steampowered.com/app/737040/Warhammer_Vermintide_2__Collectors_Edition_Upgrade/

4 years ago*

Steamdb shows the apps that are inside the sub that you won: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Collector's Edition.

You don't have the base game for that package, so you should contact the giveaway creator to check if he/she gave you the correct game.

4 years ago

Yes. sorry for inconvenience, creator just mixed up with games title :)

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hello!
I think I have a problem with a game I own and that is not recognized as owned by SG Tools:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1190460/Death_Stranding/
When using the Activated wins checker, it flags that game as not activated although it's present in my library.

4 years ago

I seem to remember there being a problem with games that aren't released yet. knsys will most likely whitelist for now.

happy cakeday! 🍰

View attached image.
4 years ago

Thanks indeed fo both the piece of infos and the delicious piece of cake :-)

4 years ago

When Steam doesn't accurately report the release date of a game this happens. I edited the release date to the end of summer of 2020, so it should be good now :)

4 years ago

Thanks a lot, K, for the explanation and the fix.
And most of all for the ongoing support to SG Tools, and incredible help for all SGers! :-)

4 years ago

I've won Counter-Strike Complete https://store.steampowered.com/sub/54030/
According to steamdb, the pack contains CS: Global Offensive https://store.steampowered.com/app/730, but because the game is actually f2p it didn't activate on my account at the day when the other games activated. I have added the game to my library, but SGT still considers it not-activated.

4 years ago

There are several packages for Counter Strike Complete, that includes different games. It seems that the giveaway that you won and the package that you received are from different packages.

Giveaway package: contains CS:GO Complete
Package received: doesn't contain CS:GO at all

Since CS:GO is actually F2P (at least the base game) now that you have it added to your account, SGT can see it and doesn't flag. But that will change when some time passes without you playing or installing the game, so you should have this sorted out with SG support.
That doesn't happen with the correct Package, since it has Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Full Edition that makes the F2P game appear always on the library.

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I'll talk with some SG mods (=

4 years ago

Hey, i was just wondering. Since it is possible to lose your level because of price changes, is it possible to change the real CV as well? Or is it always calculated according to the day i won/send gifts?

4 years ago

RealCV is never calculated on the day you win or give away the games, it's always calculated on demand (with some caching depending on where you are looking at it).

4 years ago

So, can it change later when the unbundled game i give/won bundled later?

4 years ago

I think you are referring to Steamgifts CV rules? Those are explained on the FAQ/Guidelines of the site and doesn't involve SGTools at all (this thread is for SGTools).

As a quick explanation, if you gave away the game before it was in a bundle, you'll get the full contribution value for it. But if you give it away when it was in a bundle, but not yet in the bundle list, when it's added to the list you'll get reduced contribution value for it.

4 years ago

Nope, i was asking for SGTools or RealCV Calculator specifically.

I couldn't understand if RealCV Calculator is later changing like Steamgifts CV. (When game's price changed) or game bundled etc.

4 years ago

Yeah, it follows SG changes. It may have some delay because SGT only scans bundled games few times a day. But other than that, it's real-time.

4 years ago

Thank you for answers :)

4 years ago

Another game(Steam is learning about this game) needs to be added to the learning list is Furry Stories: Alpha-Male.
Edit: NSFW content!

4 years ago

4 years ago

Does not get recognized correctly:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1197280/Cyber_Pussy_2020/
Steam is learning about this Game

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hello! I have a problem with the multiple wins checker. Although the multiple wins checker (https://www.sgtools.info/multiple/gkm6013) said I have no multiple wins for the same game, the giveaway pages in SGTool told me that my account is " flagged as having multiple wins for the same game."

4 years ago

Do a manual resync, go to Home -> Synchronize to update the cache.

4 years ago

It works!! Thanks for your help!

4 years ago

Hi knsys! There seems to be an error with the game activation check for this user

I didn't check all of course but did some randomly and all are in his account (e. g. SimplePlanes, Akihabara, Ara Fell, DARK SOULS™ III)

Any idea why this happened? For other users it seems to work

4 years ago

For some reason there was another user on SG with that same name in the past, so it was checking against the other user SteamId. Fixed now, thanks for the report!

4 years ago

Here we go again. You know the drill.

1. [appID 620200] A Hand in the Darkness
  2. [appID 1208720] Card Princess
    • [appID 1209050] Card Princess DLC: Berry
    • [appID 1209051] Card Princess DLC: Campbell
  3. [appID 1211810] Ink Adventure
    • [appID 1212230] Ink Adventure - DLC
  4. [appID 1212270] Lightning Fighter
  5. [appID 1212790] Chaos Hero
  6. [appID 1213290] Firearms Master

Also a few older ones that have been banned right before the holiday sale (how brutal):

1. [appID 607180] Dragon Adventure VR
  2. [appID 781910] LingeriesOffice
  3. [appID 875420] XRY
  4. [appID 1165110] MM Garden
  5. [appID 1169400] 勇士Hero
  6. [appID 1179040] 对决之境
    • plus DLCs [appIDs 1182753 through 1182759, 1185430 through 1185434, 1185457, 1185460, 1185463]
  7. [appID 1193700] Endless Tower

And DLCs for a previously banned game, My Girlfriend (banned March last year), that they seemingly forgot about until the end of the year

• [appID 602230] Soundtrack, [appID 602231] Wallpapers, [appID 946640] Avatars, [appID 1026410] Dakimakuras
4 years ago

Added the new banware, thanks for the report :)

4 years ago

Hey knsys, I've been having trouble with sgtools for about a year now and not been able to enter any gated giveaways as it seems to time out. I can check my real cv value of games won and received but when I try to check my non activated wins or multiple wins, I just get an error message. I am assuming its due to my stats messing it up. I have also tried to sync using the home tab but still get the same issue. Any chance of a fix?

4 years ago

This is the reason some of us keep asking CG to implement a restful API for steamgifts so we don't have to parse every single page. It would be beneficial to both ends, but it's not in our hands to do it and CG doesn't seem to like the idea.

There is no such thing as a fix for this, because there is nothing broken, just inefficiency from SG part. I could do a major rework and start keeping track of all steam prices and all giveaways of the site, but I'm not sure it's worth it tbh. We really need an API that we can check in one easy swing.

4 years ago

Hey knsys!

http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/Naitas
World of relish - Steam is learning about this Game;

But in my case, it is displayed as a "guaranteed" not activated win.
Would it be possible to change this?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

Cyberpunk Sex Simulator shows as not activated even though it is.

4 years ago

4 years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1199550 (NSFW)
Learning list please

4 years ago

4 years ago

Another one for the learning list:
https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/1204310/

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

Added to the Whitelist, thanks for the report!

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

Apparent false positive situation. I have a winner who has a previous win of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero appearing as nonactivated, but has Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition on his account. They have a different AppID, obviously, but owning Ultimate Edition should probably count toward the basic game.

4 years ago

Added them to the app equivalence table. But this means that the giveaway creator selected the incorrect game, tho.

4 years ago

Probably. I wrote here without consulting the winner about it, so I don't know what actually happened, but that's what I imagine too.

Thanks for updating the table :)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Game NiGHTS Into Dreams added to bundle Dreamcast Collection.
Previously I won this bundle and now I have not activated gift of NiGHTS Into Dreams

4 years ago*

Game is correctly reported by steam api, so it's not a false positive.

4 years ago

I think what they mean is that the Dreamcast Collection key they won in the giveaway didn't include NiGHTS Into Dreams, which the system now expect them to own.

After checking SteamDB, what I think happened is that they received a very old key (this or this), while already owning Jet Set Radio from elsewhere (SEGA gave it for free in one of their "Make War, Not Love" events).

4 years ago

Yes, that’s what I meant. Thanks.

4 years ago

You are right, didn't check that. I was checking 4 more messages from a ban wave and other games not detected by the API and I went auto-mode on your message too, sorry about that.

I've checked and Miku is completely right, giveaway creator selected the giveaway that is not bundled on Steamgifts (appid 116763) but send you a key from an old and bundled one (7522).

On this case, the best solution is for support to change the game of the giveaway to reflect the game that you got in the key. Nothing I can do from SGT point of view unfortunately.

4 years ago

New ban wave about 2 hours ago. https://steam.madjoki.com/apps/banned

4 years ago

Added the new banwave to the whitelist, thanks :)

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.