SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

'Beetplanet' was removed from Steam store.

8 months ago

looks like this game was removed and possibly revoked causing unactivated wins message:
Logic and Candy
SteamDB page - looks like July 12th is the date it got removed

8 months ago

Bump, still this error

2 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 months ago.

8 months ago

8 years ago, I was 1 out of 15,000 people who won a mass giveaway for "Sins of a Dark Age". It's currently the only giveaway I've ever won on this website (sadly ;_;). I redeemed the key when I won and tried the game, but ended up not enjoying it. I cannot remember if I manually deleted the game from my Steam library, but it's no longer available in my library and it's also no longer available on the Steam Store, as the servers were shut down a few years ago. The issue is that this game is now causing a "non-activation" flag to show up on my SteamGifts account, when I know I received and activated the key when I won it all those years ago. Is this game meant to be whitelisted or is this something that I need to solve myself? Thanks!

7 months ago

By steamdb, it is still in your library. Maybe hide somewhere as it is a removed game.
But I don't think you have to solve anything, unless you want to play the game which may not be possible as server already down years ago.

7 months ago

having unactivated wins will stop him from joining many SGtools protected giveaways and from joining most non public groups.
can also lead to a suspension.
if he didn't hide it there are keys available out there for a few bucks to bring his account back in good standing.
its another story if the key gets revoked, but I believe steam gives you a notification for that(one that forces interaction to continue using steam).

7 months ago

I said nothing to do because he has no activated win on steamgifts user page and SGtools checker when I checked. Surprisingly, it was already done. He bought the game to solve.

7 months ago

By steamdb, it is still in your library

it is now

7 months ago

I solved this, I gave the key to my brother years ago and we played it on his account. I forgot and I thought I used it on mine. I went and purchased a key online and activated it this morning to fix the "non_activation". Thanks for the help.

7 months ago

Yeah, I didn't know as he didn't update the case

7 months ago

It seems I can make 2 different sgtools page for one giveaway. Is it allowed to create 2 separate rules in different audience for one giveaway?
I know people join at the other page would be considered as illegal entries, but I can do the judgement myself if not auto punish by steamgifts.

If it is allowed, then I may proposed this feature (auto-check entries from multiple page). Idk if it useful for other or too hard to implement, just giving an idea.

7 months ago

sgtools and steamgifts are 2 different sites. So no "auto punish" on steamgifts (the owner of sg don't care)

And the owner of sgtools only maintain the site (which means fixing bugs etc.). He don't program additional stuff, updates etc..

7 months ago

Thank you

7 months ago

Yes, you are allowed to create more than one sgtools protected giveaway gate for the same steamgifts giveaway. It has been used in the past for some very specific scenarios and that's why it's supported, but take into account that I will not apply any infraction to anyone on those cases though.

7 months ago

Thanks for the clarification.

7 months ago

I usually check the /deals page for unbundled games with good discounts. Currently it's not bad but it would be much better to also be able to see unbundled games from Kinguin, Gamivo and other 3rd party websites as well (I currently only see ones on Steam, GmG, Gamersgate, 2Game..)

7 months ago

Those are what are called as grey market websites and not authorised retailers. Thats most likely why they wont ever be endorsed by SG and haven't been added to SGTools considering its 8 years old.

7 months ago

For refresher, Dangers of key resellers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/wiki/dangersofkeyresellers/

7 months ago

For my personal account, I have been buying cheaper keys from grey markets without any issues for almost 9 years now (Except for once with G2A, when they charged me twice back in 2017 and refused to refund. Since then I stopped buying from G2A).
It surely depends on the website. Some are willing to cooperate if you encounter issues, some would not. I have my small list of websites that I trusted over the years.
For my gifts here, most of them are direct steam gifts from my wallet, and the rest I buy from Gamersgate.

7 months ago*

this game causing false positives
I verified winner has this activated, not a case of same name but different game either.

this is the store page linked by game in library - appears to have been removed and readded.

7 months ago

I assumed something like this was the case, just needs to get whitelisted by sgtools to not get flagged as not activated.

7 months ago

not a case of same name but different game either.

yes, yes it is

just needs to get whitelisted by sgtools

wrong

to not get flagged as not activated

because it is not activated

7 months ago

Equivalence added
1589580 -> 432760

7 months ago

nooooo, why are you doing this. It's 2 completely different appid's, people need to choose the correct one when creating a ga. Hiding this mistake in sgt is bad, as the users will still get suspended for non-activation as support does not see this as the same item (and they are correct with that)

7 months ago

Hi, please help for my false not-activated DLC: Rise of Flight: Furious Wings (2014-03-16 00:05:00). I can prove it activated by: trying to buy the DLC said owned; looking in my Licenses and product key activations; and marking the DLC for installing the game.

DLCs Wins that appears as not activated
Steam API has problems identifying some owned DLCs, so the following ones are probably activated!

I'm sure that SteamCommunity and SteamGifts are online. Also my profile's been public for a long time.

6 months ago

Most of the DLCs are not reported by the API, that's why you are seeing in that (hidden by default) section. As the texts says, they are probably activated and thus they not flag the account for not activation.

So, it's normal and you don't have to worry about it.

6 months ago

Thanks. I thought it keeps me from joining a giveaway.

6 months ago

A bunch of games just got banned. Apps 2011520, 1585580, 1558320, 1566960, 1572400, 1999030, and 2121460 all showing as unactivated.

6 months ago

Added them to the whitelist

6 months ago

Someone can help me why I can't sign in SGtools using my steam?

edit: fixed after tried in an hour

6 months ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

6 months ago*

Open a support ticket and ask them to change the feedback to not received, providing screenshots of the game being revoked from your account. You can also ask the giveaway creator for a new copy, but if it is removed from Steam this will not be possible.

6 months ago

Deleted

6 months ago

Yeah read up on the situation. Whitelisting in SGT will be the fastest fix.

6 months ago

Deleted

6 months ago

Deleted

6 months ago

Added to the whitelist, thanks!

6 months ago

Another day, another revoked key unfortunately.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1991670 (fantasy fighters)

EDIT: replacement keys are being handed out if proof of purchase is being provided.

6 months ago*

Chaos on Deponia is appearing as 15$ in the sgtools website, despite being bundled. As per the 15% rule it should be 3.

View attached image.
6 months ago

It is a common bug with Daedalic games.
If there is a sale on Steam and a bundle on Steam including all Daedalic games or adventures is cheaper than the regular prices of e.g. Deponia, Deponia gets assigned the bundles price tag.
It is temporary. Enjoy your CV boost while it lasts. Edit: Not your CV, so someone enjoys their boost.

Edit again: This should be the bad boy: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/55062/

6 months ago

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the info!

6 months ago

Is the SGTools website working for anyone else? I'm getting connection timeout.

5 months ago

It's down for me as well.

5 months ago

It's back into operation.

5 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

5 months ago

Since a few days sgtools doesn't work for me anymore. Clicking on the "Check requirements" button doesn't do anything. I've already tried to disable all add-ons but no success.

4 months ago

And it is working again. No idea what the problem was.

4 months ago

These two games are giving false positives when checking a user on SGTools:

1. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1006090/Retro_Space_Shooter/

The user has not won the game or it has been deleted from his wins, SGTools reports the game as "not activated".

1. https://store.steampowered.com/app/843190/Z_Escape/

The game is marked as not received on the user's account, but SGTools reports it as "not activated" too.

Thanks!

4 months ago

I saw a person with 24 inactivated wins reported, even when they won only 8. And reports are for games that were won before the account was created. I think at least your first listed game may face the same issue.

Some other mod did more in-depth digging into this issue, and if knsys wants to poke into it - make a ticket in Other category. Can't discuss openly why this issue of "not won inactivated wins" may pop up.

4 months ago

Am I bugged on the website? I have no unactivated game. I have no multiple wins but I still can't pass the requirements.

4 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

3 months ago

Deleted

4 months ago

after last sync S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl this pack became "not recognized as owned".

3 months ago

Changed the release date to the end of Q1 2024

3 months ago

I recently won a game here on SG. But now the sgtools rule checker fails to recognize the game as redeemed and owned on my account.

This is the game: https://www.steamgifts.com/game/20D3v/defense-of-the-ass

Apparently it's an unreleased game with no store page nor a community page on steam.

3 months ago

Added the "game" to the whitelist

3 months ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/786560 and https://store.steampowered.com/app/718220 were won 5-6 years ago but are now listed as not owned on account. Looks like the steam store page has been removed.

3 months ago

They were added to the list automatically, guess you tried just before they were flagged on the site :)

3 months ago

ok ty knsys. :)

3 months ago

3 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

3 months ago

What did that gift activate as? I can't see the actual game in your account, just the generic "Call of Duty" which may include it inside but that is not the same "game"

3 months ago

It's actually a "DLC" for the generic Call of Duty, but Activision has been selling it as a game haha.
https://i.imgur.com/gk9bxxe.png

3 months ago

That's what it looked like, then you need to ask Steamgifts staff to change the giveaway game as it's clearly not the same base game as the one you received.

3 months ago

I received the right game, there is nothing wrong. The store page even says I own MW3. It's just that this game works in a particular way.
https://i.imgur.com/VE1Jud5.png

The thing is, call of duty have warzone, which is free. When they were going to release MW3, If it had a separated appid, everyone that had MW2 would need to download the game again, even though everyone already had the game installed, which could become a problem.As a fix, they created a generic call of duty, which includes mw2 and mw3, and both of those games are packed as "DLCs" on steamdb. Btw, if you own MW2 and MW3, you can access both by launching the same game.

3 months ago

I understand that, but you won a full appid and not a DLC. That's why I said that you have to work it out with Steamgifts staff to change the game/dlc that the giveaway indicates, as there is a mismatch.

3 months ago

How do you determine what is a "full appid"?

https://steamdb.info/app/2519060/
SDB declares it a DLC

3 months ago

You can check it yourself: API

3 months ago

Hello JPDEFO.

Adjustments have been made to our system and the title shouldn't come up as not activated for you (or others who have won and activated it on their account) anymore. This is for Steamgifts though - SGTools or other pages will still report it as not activated even when it's on the account and to get this fixed only the owners of these pages can make changes accordingly. Though that isn't relevant to us since we don't use these tools in the first place and if a user is reported (e.g. in a reroll ticket) we run our own check anyways.

Should - for whatever reason - this ever become an issue though considering the game neither gets removed/hidden/privated from your account (which is against the site's rules) just link to this ticket in your unsuspend ticket. [Mod note as reference: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/n7hJsNE]

I'm closing this ticket now. Have a nice day.

3 months ago

Since they don't seem to want to change the giveaway appid I added it to the equivalence table with the one that you activated.

Not sure why support doesn't want to change the giveaway as what you activated is not the same appid but whatever, you should be clean on SGTools eyes now

3 months ago

3 months ago*

3 months ago

Yeah, it is that game.

3 months ago

that isn't an issue with SGtools, you didn't win that appid and shouldn't have marked it as received(you should always verify you activated the appid that you won, not something with the same name).
you won this
bring it up to the GA creator so they can submit a game change/deletion ticket

3 months ago*

I understand the situation now. Thanks.

3 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.