SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i have 4 invalid entries, you can see them in the pacify giveaway https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/c367abd4-e11f-11ec-a730-fa163e0a8583/invalidEntries

1 year ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

1 year ago

1 year ago

1 year ago

3 invalid entries here:
https://sgtools.info/giveaways/8b1b9b88-f636-11ec-a730-fa163e0a8583/invalidEntries
and a new one here:
https://sgtools.info/giveaways/c5c40274-f636-11ec-a730-fa163e0a8583/invalidEntries
a few of them are repeat offenders on the rest of the giveaways i created recently

thank you in advance, knsys!

1 year ago

1 year ago

1 year ago

Did it only look like that it get more and more rulebreakers on sgtools or is this a fact ?

1 year ago

Not really, just a mix of some new users and the usual

1 year ago

Counter Strike Complete only contains Condition Zero and Source. Not Global Offensive (or anymore because it's F2P?).

1 year ago

Steamgifts don't work with bundles, so the content of that bundle is not really relevant :)

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

1 year ago

1 year ago

Hello,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1420730 is showing up as Not Owned when Owned.

I also have https://store.steampowered.com/app/1079970 showing up as Not Owned yet I have not won it here on SteamGifts.

1 year ago

The Save the Planet you have in your library is appID 1469350, which is not the same as the giveaway.
Luckily, you still have a day to change the feedback, and getting in contact with the giveaway creator won't be difficult since they're an active user.

Mundus 2, on the other hand, seems to be from an old deleted giveaway (where you likely received the first instead, as it's what you have), it's still showing up as not activated because it's cached, you can fix it by logging to SGTools and forcing an account sync.

1 year ago

Thanks a lot for the info!

1 year ago

Your account is flagged as having some unactivated Wins or your profile is Private.
This also can happen when Steam is down when you account synchronizes, if that is the case synchronize again.

Maybe I don't understand the concept of things but I activated all the games I won, yet I failed to find a replacement for one SENT key, so maybe this is the issue. So I hope for some clarification on this matter. Also I forced a full sync. yet one line states "Pass Activated Rule: no". The steam profile is all public.

1 year ago

The two games showing up as not activated are:

• Sins of a Dark Age won 2014-11-24 20:30:00
  • Rescue Love Revenge won 2017-06-17 20:20:00

Neither of those games shows up in your Steam library when I looked for them via your profile.

Have you maybe deleted them from your account?

1 year ago

Yes, I deleted them, so until I get them back I won't be able to pass this check?

1 year ago

I found this rule checker on sgtools, but somehow it doesn't show up Woodle Tree 2: Deluxe+ as unactivated, though I deleted it from my account too.

So my main goal is to eventually delete all the shovelware(in my consideration) from my account, so deleting these two games were essential in achieving this goal. I could buy these keys in the future since they are both under a dollar, yet it is strange that it's somehow relevant to keep all of the won games in your library, especially since games like these are being given in tremendous quantities and they basically don't have any value.

1 year ago*

If you look at the second category "Games that are well-known false positives and have been whitelisted in the tool" you will find Woodle Tree 2: Deluxe+.

1 year ago

You can restore them via Steam, you don't have to buy them.
Just put them in their own category in your library and hide them. Plus maybe research the game before entering the GA. If it seems like shovelware to you, just don't enter.

But yes, you can't pass sgtools checks unless you have them in your account. So will be unable to access quite a few forum GAs.
And a lot of public GA creators check their winners for non-activations and ask for a re-roll, so this will generate a lot of tickets for support.

1 year ago*

Okay, thank you for heads up! I didn't even know that you can restore deleted products, thanks for this too, may be of use not only this time.
P.S.: Just to clarify for some reason. I chose the way of deleting game instead of hiding them because of total products owned count, wanna keep it about 1000 because of some buzz bug, though it would have more sense if I keep it below 1k for groups and sgtools GAs that are specifically require <1k games. One way or another, your input definitely helped me a big lot, sending you good vibes.

1 year ago

When someone report you for "unactivated wins" (the deleted ones) you will be suspended.
In the case of 2 unactivated wins, this would mean a 10 days suspension.
Maybe think about, if it is really worth to do some "strategic" move with the <1k games in exchange for the suspension time.

1 year ago

The only shovelware games I won from steamgifts were ones from 2.5, 5 and 7 years ago. Since then I filtered out almost 14000 and counting games. Other won games are either ones I would like to play someday or already did. I restored two missing games thanks to igel, so I suppose I won't encounter any reports. These 2 or so years I enter GAs only when I am certain that someday I will play the game. And if I won't like it, I keep it for another try or for the collection.

P.S. Anyway, thanks for the input, I'll keep an eye on things like this more carefully from now on

1 year ago*

Hello, apparently my tired brain (I really shouldn't let it do things when decaffeinated) messed up and for some reason protected my quick GA (just trying to clear out old keys) with SGTools, then didn't use the correct link? To quote the user who brought this to my attention:

"You gave us a direct invite only link instead of a SGTools link. People who entered via direct link marked as invalid entries"

So, reporting to see if the SGTool link can be deactivated or something? Not 100% sure what needs to happen there tbh as I don't typically use SGTools. Sorry for any inconveniences. GA thread here.

1 year ago

SGTools doesn't auto apply infractions, so as long as you don't report the giveaway here and ask to apply infractions, nothing will happen.

So, don't worry :)

1 year ago

Oh, sweet. Thanks!

1 year ago

1 year ago

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Hi PeteOzzy,

That is the side effect of heavy caching to avoid reaching rate limits :)
Old giveaway data is not fully synched and it's just read from cache, but that is not a problem because a user can do a full resync that will reset the cache and fill it with full fresh data. It's as simple as going here

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1633970 is flagging up as a false positive. Activated the game in the account yesterday and the game says is not yet available on steam.

1 year ago

Added the banned game to the whitelist, I'm quite surprised that is still available to gift here

1 year ago

So am i. Happy cake day also and thanks for the work you do with sgtools :)

1 year ago

2 invalid entries in https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/72106693-134b-11ed-a730-fa163e0a8583/invalidEntries
1 user in Fallout 4 GOTY
1 user in Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, WARSAW and Wandersong.

Thanks in advance :)

1 year ago

1 year ago

Belated, Happy Cake Day :o)

I known that someone else as Eeev and i had cakeday on that day but i couldn't remember which one :-D

1 year ago

1 year ago

Hello,

Many years ago I won "Duke Nukem 3D" as a gift. However, the key provided actually activated "Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition" ("Duke Nukem 3D" was not available at the store anymore).

Since the game activated was different from the game selected in the giveaway, I got this discrepancy noted as a game not activated.

Some days ago the giveaway was deleted (https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/aUA5G/duke-nukem-3d). However, on SGT it still appears on my account that I did not activated the game, even though the giveaway was deleted.

Please could you check if this is a bug, or the game should be included in the whitelist or if the problem is something else?

Best regards,

1 year ago

Hi anmattos,

Take a look at this relevant comment

1 year ago

Thank you very much! The force sync link did the trick!

1 year ago

https://sgtools.info/giveaways/1c98dfde-1b0a-11ed-a730-fa163e0a8583
Error 500 🤔

I was going to report this as I finished handing out the prizes because there were multiple break-ins, but I cannot view them.

1 year ago

Thanks for the report, should be working again :)

1 year ago

Thank you fix♪(人Θ'o)♪
Invalid entries(wagon)
https://sgtools.info/giveaways/1c98dfde-1b0a-11ed-a730-fa163e0a8583/invalidEntries
13 count 😥

1 year ago

13 are a lot :o(

I send you a friend request on steam because i have a question that i can't and don't want to write here.

1 year ago

1 year ago

https://sgtools.info/giveaways/647c6f3c-1b14-11ed-a730-fa163e0a8583/invalidEntries
Invalid entries(wagon)

19 :p
I finished sending the gift here too....
This is almost a duplicate of the guys in the one previous report.

1 year ago

It don't get better.... :o(

1 year ago*

Usually people that break in private giveaways are always the same, guess they have a group or something for leaking the urls.

1 year ago

World War 2: Time of Wrath is not recognized on sgtool as activated game. Fix it pls)

1 year ago

Hey dDenVill,
are you sure you received the correct game? Randomly checking other winners ofthe game shows it as activated for them on SGT.

1 year ago

Oww, yep, you are right. Creator of that giveaway chose wrong game. Instead of getting World War 2: Time of Wrath, I've got World War III: Black Gold. Sorry ;D

1 year ago

Good luck contacting the giveaway creator to fix the issue.

1 year ago

Haha, thx. Last online 3 years ago)

1 year ago

I noticed some games I made giveaways for used to be full value on sgtools but now are not, such as Gauntlet. I made a giveaway for that almost 4 years ago. It was finally bundled this year. Did it apply retroactively or is it just a glitch?

1 year ago

If the date of your giveaway is after the date specified in the bundle list, your giveaway is marked as bundled on both Steamgifts and SGTools.

1 year ago

I made the Gauntlet giveaway 4 years before the bundle. Also Call of Duty®: Ghosts giveaway 4 years ago which has never been bundled. And Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition 3 years ago which hasn't been bundled.

1 year ago*

I can say that, at least, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition was EXTREMELY cheap (something around $2 ?) on shady shop sites.
I know it because i reported this game but don't question me how many years ago or for which exact date.

As hard as it sounds, and it isn't something against you, but be happy that you had, for so long, more cv from this games as they normaly should gave when sorted in the right category at that time.

Oh and i don't say you had the game(s) from this extremely cheap sources. But other ones bought them there and gifted them on sg -and often far from only one copy-.

1 year ago*

So if a game is discovered on grey market selling for 90%+ discount then ALL giveaways for that game, even if it was 10 years ago, also get reduced CV? That doesn't seem fair. How does SG know what the cost of a game was on grey market 4 years ago? My copy of Gauntlet was a steam gift from my steam inventory so grey market prices shouldn't apply.

1 year ago

It's mostly 95%, sometimes a bit deeper, but, at least, 91%.

Of course get only the GAs marked as reduced/free that got made after the date of the cheap bundle/cheap selling price in shop XYZ/freebie on site XYZ.
Not all that got ever made for game XYZ.

Sg don't know your source of a key but they know, from own infos, sites like barter, reports etc., if a game were sold cheap in shop XYZ/gifted as freebie on site XYZ, and the date from it. So they pick this date for ALL copies of this game that get made after that date.
They can't question each one for his source of the key and can't check if it would be the truth.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Should be working again

1 year ago

Updating a rule on an ended sgtools GA doesn't reset the check for people who previously entered. The timestamp seems to be wrong also even for new entries?

1 year ago*

Once a user pass a rule, it has a valid entry. Doesn't matter if you change the rule later, he got a valid entry because he passed the rules that where in place on the time he entered.

Timestamps for entries are correct as far as I know, look closely because they are in UTC (and it's clearly stated).

1 year ago

I'm using an old sgtools GA as an entry check to give away a non-steam key. There are people who entered whose names aren't in the valid entries list. People who never entered before say they got the link instantly and there are no timestamps from yesterday or today. I don't think it's working properly.

Edit: I was looking at Valid entries instead of All entries. Now I can see the names and timestamps. Not sure how some got the link instantly but maybe they thought it was instant when it wasn't?

1 year ago*

Maybe someone gave the link to them, the sg link behind the protection....
That way it is instant ^^

1 year ago

Yeah, an entry that is after the giveaway ending time is not considered a valid entry :)

1 year ago

There seems to be a big bug when looking at real cv sent/won pages that it does not catch all games and misses dozens and even hundreds.
I've tried a force sync which improved the situation but still many are missing and it happens on other profiles as well.

1 year ago

Unfortunately, it looks like it hits rate-limits in users with thousands of won/sent giveaways.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.