May 2022 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

📅 Important dates

• 💳 May 31st, 2022: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 June 7th 2022: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Planet Zoo (gift link notification)

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (gift link notification)

If Found (gift link notification) - HEAVILY LOCKED

Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection

• Russia (and probably Belarus) do not get this game, but you can try asking support to allocate a copy to you (see this post)

🔑 Full list of subs (ROW)

Note: Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection is an ORIGIN KEY!!!

Must be revealed before 2023-05-03. Must be redeemed before 2023-06-07

To PAUSE a month: go to this link -> Skip A Month

(or: Settings -> Manage Your Plan -> Skip A Month -> Continue -> Skip A Month)

Leaks for June 2022 Humble Choice - just speculations for now

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Planet Zoo 89% of 47429 🏆 6.75 CV app/703080 W 0 $44.99
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated 95% of 9363 🏆 4.50 CV app/969990 W 0 $29.99
Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection - - - Reveal before 2023-05-03. Redeem before 2023-06-07 ⚠️⚠️⚠️ ORIGIN ⚠️⚠️⚠️ - -
Spellcaster University 84% of 2303 🏆 3.75 CV app/895620 W M 0 $24.99
Surviving the Aftermath 72% of 1954 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/684450 W 0 $29.99
If Found 92% of 839 🏆 1.95 CV app/1041920 W M 0 $12.99
Genesis Noir 81% of 748 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/735290 W M 0 $14.99
Embr 87% of 663 🏆 3.00 CV app/1062830 W 1 $19.99

Retail:

• $197.92

CV:

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

One plan for all
Starting Feb 01 2022, Humble Bundle offers only one plan, which will allow you to receive all the games included in that month’s lineup for the price of $11.99 (regional pricing may vary, see below):

USD EUR GBP AUD CAD NZD CNY RUB
Per month $11.99 €9.99 £8.99 AU$16.95 CA$14.99 NZ$17.95 ¥79 699₽
Per year $129 €109 £98 AU$179 CA$159 NZ$189 ¥850 7,459₽

Humble store discount:
The discount rate is based on how many consecutive months you had your subscription active, as seen below:

Consecutive Months Discount %
1 - 2 10%
3 - 5 15%
6 - 11 17%
12+ 20%

The stacking discount will reset back to 10% when skipping a month or canceling your Humble Choice membership.

Changes Coming to Humble Choice FAQ

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

First they take away our choice. Now they take away our surprise (monthly leaks). Are you still excited about what allegedly is considered to be "the best bundle" of the month?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] Nice lineup and even if the spotlight games are 2 years old, it’s still much cheaper than buying them during sales.
[Only with limited deal] My poor wallet is still Surviving the Aftermath of the Easter expenses and would probably not take yet another push. Better wait and see if any discount coupon will be allocated later this month.
[Happy] Those are 8 pretty solid games, IMO. I’ve always wanted to try Planet Zoo / Command & Conquer and now I finally can!
[Neutral] Not the best bundle, but all around, not a terrible one either. I’m not really sure if it warrants a purchase or not.
[Pause] Considering that I have to pause my subscription every month, wouldn’t it be so much easier to have a 'Resume subscription' button instead?
[Disappointed, lineup] Doing Jurassic World Evolution with DLCs right before Planet Zoo without DLCs smacks of utter laziness.
[Disappointed, Origin] When will they finally learn that we don’t want Origin keys when the game is on Steam?
[Canceling the subscription] …and I don’t even have any regrets about that.
[Choicetato] I'd rather go back to having 10-12 niche indie games that I mostly never heard of than 8 bigger titles that don’t interest me anyway.

I'm not interested in any of the games, so it's an insta-pawse for me. I guess I should thank HB for making me save money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for SG to change the CV status from Full to * for "Monthly Humble Choice" games?

1 year ago

Can be between a few days and a few weeks, depending on how the moderators manage to allocate their time into doing this. The CV will be retroactively recalculated anyway, and the partial CV start date will be considered as the bundle launch date regardless of when the actual change will happen.

1 year ago

And, I've often wondered and assumed ... bundles where you have a "choice" (like the "Monthly Humble Choice") are always also considered by SG as bundles that affect CV, correct?

1 year ago

That should depend on how much cheaper the bundle price is than the full retail value (which CV mostly corresponds to – I don't remember if it's about the actual MSRP including of non-Steam items, or about how many SG points the bundle contents could be given away as).

For example https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/SAqrB/humble-bundle-february-monthly-bundle-incl-xcom-2 is a monthly that didn't get reduced CV for its games at the time.
I suppose for Choice bundles with an actual choice, it should depend on the 'most CV-efficient' way to buy it. In general, if this bundle is $12 but you easily get a $4 discount by threatening to pause, it's a $8 bundle for "bundle CV or not?" purposes.

At some point in the past, the rule of thumb was "if it's 95% off or more for any region in any constellation, it gets added to the bundle list". It doesn't necessarily work like that now, and there's not much documentation for why individual products are added to the bundle list or not, nor recourse to complain. I'm sure SG staff are busy enough without having to defend their bundle CV and zero CV choices all day.

1 year ago

Luckz, thank you for taking the time to respond in detail, I really appreciate it! Have a great day.

1 year ago

I'm under the impression that the current practice of adding a game to Reduced CV is whether something was ever in a bundle (typically non-pick & mix) and if not has the game been sold for >=95% off.

1 year ago

Damn only thing I want is c&c remastered. .

1 year ago

Can I activate Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection somehow in Steam?

1 year ago

No.

1 year ago

of course not - why do you think it's even a sensible question to ask - if you could would it - a (be a origin key only) and b (have everyone be upset it's NOT a Steam key) - sorry to get mad and over react but this sort of comment and question really annoys me

1 year ago

Cuz I thought that there is an exchange program like steam games to gog. I just dont get the idea to give origin games///

1 year ago

no there isn't an exchange program for origin

1 year ago

why do you think that pretty much everybody was upset

1 year ago

I already knew that. Ubisoft and EA they never put steam keys in bundles. Assassin Creed Origins was also in humble monthly a while ago and it was the uplay version

1 year ago*

I knew I will pause this just by seeing some of the games on the giveaways list.

1 year ago

If only "Choice" actually meant something. Ideally give us the choice of platform for the game, like I thought was promoted during this year's revamp of the program. Instead they are the ones making the choice.

Reminds me of when a prospective employer advertises "flexible hours" implying that the employee has the option to work when it's most convenient to the rest of things going on in their life. In practice however, it means the employer can jack around your schedule however they see fit, and if you aren't able to adapt then you're told to find someplace else to work. N Not that I've ever experienced this personally >.>

1 year ago

only Ubisoft and EA. they want to force people to use their shoddy clients. blame them. the other publishers release the steam keys

1 year ago

Apparently the name is exactly like is

"Humble Choice" is not equal that "You Choice".

1 year ago

Ha true. Though before recent months, there was an option for our choice of games which meant something if we weren't eligible for the whole set. That's the reason we're still forced to go through the motions of "selecting" which games to claim.

1 year ago

I still think it was simply due to trying it and failing and not wanting to go back on the decision not to look bad.

IIRC they gave out all of the games for all of the buyers rather fast after implementing the choice. Same with pricing tiers - tried it, saw that it failed and then we had "tiered choice" in which everyone still paid the $12 and got all of the games. Enough time passed and they removed the tiers... In due time maybe they will even change the name when everyone will have forgotten how it came to be

1 year ago

Well we can still "choose" to pause, which is my default choice lately. Let's see how long it takes for them to take away that choice too.

1 year ago

"Choice" is really a holdover of when they had staggered tiers of different costs that determined the number of games you could choose from out of the entire month's bundle, as not everyone had the platinum or choice tier that would give most or all games.

Now it is literally Humble's Choice as to which games you get, if you choose to buy.

1 year ago

oh my worst HB ever

1 year ago

Command & Conquer : 3FFX-7AVX-EU4C-CUN2-F7WW

1 year ago

already redeemed,tq for chance though

1 year ago

I guess it's time to lose that 20% store discount. I can't justify getting this month's choice. Even $6 would be a stretch, since I'm not really interested in any of these.

1 year ago

Am I going crazy? Like this is a standard good quality Monthly. Or like do people legit expect AAA blockbusters each month? To pretend games like Planet Zoo, Embr, Spellcaster University and Spongebob are stinkers is some pure insanity. It's literally 9.99€, which is more than Planet Zoo or Spongebob alone.

Though the Origin key is stupid if there's also a Steam version. At least have it be a choice.

1 year ago

You don't have a choice though so it is kinda a problem. I can understand people who won't buy it solely because there is an origin key (i think origin is tolerable). I myself have a disgust for a particular launcher and would immediately unsubscribe if it ends in the monthly.

I agree on the quality of games. It is really not that bad, just maybe a bit too niche for most.

1 year ago

Good point. The lack of a choice is an issue. For them to truly embrace Choice properly, they'd need a ratio of options that's around 2:1, I'd say. But for what it is, it's quite alright, I'd say.

1 year ago

so you think:
ember a game already bundled
plant zoo which has about £90 dlc
spellcaster university is harry potter with out the rights to harry potter - i hate harry potter never read the books or watched the films
spongebob a game based on a tv show - something i liked but many don't

1 year ago

Didn't know Embr was bundled, but everything else is kinda nonsense to be completely honest with you.

You might as well have said "These games I've never heard of suck because I'm assuming they're bad. Also, I haven't got any interest in these games, so they're bad."

"Plant Zoo" is completely fine without DLC and is a full game on its own right. Magic isn't just Harry Potter, it's like saying all Sci-Fi is Star Wars. And being based on a TV Show makes games bad now?

I'm guessing you said it all as a joke since I can't imagine a person saying these things seriously.

1 year ago

no but what other magic shows/films really are there and being based on a tv show make it much smaller the amount of people who like it - i love Spogebob which is why i played the game years ago on ps2 (remastered or not it's basically the same game)

Planet zoo looks like a poor mans Zoo Tycoon to be honest - please include our game in your bundle so we can force suckers to spend £££ to complete the game with the animals and packs we removed from the main game to sell to you later

i was serious if i hadn't paid for a year sometime ago - i would 100% not even looked twice at this bundle (and yes i have already cancelled humble)

1 year ago

I mean, Spongebob is a massive brand, plus the game's well received.
As to other magic shows, I can currently remember off the top of my head shows like Merlin, The Witcher, Charmed, Carnival Row, The Magicians, Once Upon a Time, Cursed, Sabrina, American Horror Story, The Umbrella Academy and also all the Marvel shows.
As to movies, Narnia Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings, The VVitch, Doctor Strange, most Disney stuff and a big portion of mid-2000s popcorn flicks since that's when magic was a big moneymaker.

As to Planet Zoo, I mean it's literally like the best modern tycoon game out there with its sales and reception, so I don't know what else to tell ya.

I get if you don't like these games, but to say a show with an average of 50 million viewers a month worldwide, the game that was developed by the biggest tycoon developers on the market and a genre that was as widely used as genres like "War" or "Sci-Fi" is a bit extreme. Also, I don't mean to make it seem like it's their best bundle, but it's 9.99€ after all. Won't be getting Cyberpunk 2077 for that, try as you might.

1 year ago

i don't want Cyberpunk anyway never interested me and my laptop wouldn't run it , even if i was -but i guess some of these games are not as bad as first thought

1 year ago

wigglenose at least did a good job in showing that it isn't you who is crazy. ;)

But it's pretty much a standardized ritual. If a game with DLC is included, complaints about an incomplete game are a must. That other gamers praised the base game before the expansions came to be is irrelevant to these people.
The same applies to many other traditional complaints about these bundles. Like people not getting that their personal preferences not being satisfied doesn't result in a bundle being "the worst ever". It's just not meant for them.

1 year ago*

Good point, thanks. I appreciate the explanation.

1 year ago

You forgot:
The "it was in another bundle 2 years ago and I got it from there, so it's generally just waste in this bundle"
The "it was free x months/years ago in a proml that you missed, how you dare to be happy about getting it now"

1 year ago

i never once said it was the worst bundle ever - i just don't like it sorry if i don't like 100% of the games included in every month's choices

1 year ago

My comment wasn't just about you, so ...

1 year ago

sorry i thought it was since i was named

1 year ago

You see half of the games are simulation thingy, those might be too niche for some people (including me, never like that genre). That can be deal breaker too, aside from the origin key and planet zoo dlcs fest.
The bundle can't be measured by the price/value only, unless you just want to collect games.

1 year ago

This is what I try to bring up every time this discussion comes up .....
I for one really liked this bundle. Already have 20 hours in Surviving the Aftermath.

But I absolutely hate any bundle with visual novels, anime or something of that sort .. although they might have higher value and everyone is going crazy about them ....

The "value" is secondary to what a specific person actually would love to play.. If I don't care for a single game in a bundle I might not even get it for half the price (ok, maybe for GAs, but thats different topic)

1 year ago

That is where "group buys" are helpful. You can usually find people interested in different games, assuming you figure out a fair split of the bundle cost. For instance, at the time of my posting, a fair split could look like this:

☐ Planet Zoo - 3.80 €
☐ SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated - 1.75 €
☐ Surviving the Aftermath - 1.60 €
☐ Command & Conquer Remastered Collection - 0.95 €
☐ Spellcaster University - 0.75 €
☐ Embr - 0.60 €
☐ Genesis Noir - 0.30 €
☐ If Found... - 0.25 €

That is where you see that the bundle is indeed a really good value. However, if you keep all of the games, including ones which you don't want, then I can understand your argument: the cost of what you really want does not benefit as much from the bundle price.

1 year ago*

Is there even any need to bring up "anime, VN or something of the sort"?? that's irrelevant with current choice bundle, as only one VN in there and it's not even high value or anything. so yeah, I agree with your statement about value, but don't care about your preference.
though I still think Choice should be more diverse in genre.

1 year ago

Is there even any need to bring up "anime, VN or something of the sort"??

You said "I don't like simulation games".
The other user said "I think simulation games are great – I don't want anime or VN games though".
Unless you think the other user specifically profiled your personal life history and gaming preferences to sneakily insult you in this way, there's nothing wrong with that?

1 year ago

Bruh.. I said that because it's relevant to the current choice discussion, which is mostly simulation management games, it's only as simple example, maybe there are people who dislike current choice because of the same reason, not to insult anyone who like them, LMAO.
I would say the same for others too, let's say someone suddenly said he dislike certain genre which is unrelated to current discussion, I would still say that I don't care. Nothing's wrong but it's out of context and unnecessary.

1 year ago*

Your pretense is no different then mine :) no need to be hypocritical.

Either way it was not meant in any offense. I personally dont care you dont like simulator games...... I was just making conversation

1 year ago

Yeah I also don't need your 'care', just making an example.

1 year ago

lol you are one salty gamer aren't you ? :D Seems like you really did care that I don't like anime games :)

1 year ago

don't flatter yourself, that's disgusting, besides you're the one who "care" enough to stalk at my interest just to make an opposing statement (even though irrelevant), now tell me, which one is saltier? what a dumbass. trying to act cool won't cover your stupidity.

1 year ago*

sooo... I made a statement which was in no way related to you. You got butthurt.. Of course I checked your profile to see why ...
Stalking ? yeah right :D call the cops. Really, where do you get off ? I wasn't the one who got butthurt over random comment

btw. believe it or not - the world does not revolve around you or your interests and my initial comment was in no way directed at you personally or your interests. You made the scenario of me stalking and directing you out of thin air. What i like or dislike is in no way connected to you.

1 year ago*

Digital video games have been greatly devalued, since, although the steam price says $35 USD, few people buy it at that price (omitting the launch ones), in steam offers the games usually have a 60% discount , i buy planet zoo for $10 USD at the beginning of 2020 the Deluxe edition. Before this month's HB was released on official pages of games, planet zoo it was at 3.5 USD. So I do not consider it to be a great offer and more without DLC.

I complain because I compare with many older bundles of much more value, because the reality is that, although they are good games, they are niche games, and an AAA is usually for more public.

In addition, that HB's decisions have made it more expensive and less profitable for users

Regarding the origin key, I like to have my games in one place in the first place, secondly, steam offers tools that improve the gaming experience, not in this case, but in others they give cards to get a few cents, Also if before they gave keys for steam of all the games I don't see why change it just because it suits the company.

Many people say that it is for donating money that we should not complain, but the reality is that bundles are a business and only a small part is donated.

1 year ago

I mean it's a very general statement to say that doesn't apply to a majority of games. "Devalued" is meaningless when you only have 1000 sales at a $10 profit margin (so $20 MSRP) when the game took 2 developers to make over the course of 18 months in America.

But yeah, I don't disagree with other stuff and I don't want to make it seem like I do. Just that while of course in an idealized world no one looks for a profit and everyone gets stuff cheap, it's also not an ideal world. Record inflation, game prices have very noticeably increased in the cheapest markets as well and regional pricing has also become less flexible thanks to this exact expectation that every game would be $3.50. The well's drying up on that market not only due to abuse from gray markets, but also because the market 8 months ago is not the same as it is now.

1 year ago

With digital video games came another type of sales that developers expect, which are initial sales and secondary sales for offers (since the Xbox 360 passed, discounts from 10% to 95%); It must clearly be a business for everyone, the devaluation or the prices do not come from the bundle pages or the gray market, they come from the oversupply of games. Many developers have said that they have made more money from bundles and offering their game "free" (epicgames, game pass, PlayStation plus), than from sales. I return to the same thing that indie video games, regardless of their quality, are mostly niche.

In my case I have bought around 40 or 50 HB bundles and I have only played 10% of them (and I know from forums that there are people with lower percentages). So in my case, a bundle or Hb choice with a triple AAA catches my attention.

The only thing that makes me very angry about current HB is that the games have a region lock if I pay $12 USD, just like everyone else, I would like to be able to give the games that I have repeated to friends from other countries, or to be able to exchange them freely; In addition to the fact that I can no longer give them in this forum as a raffle and finally the origin keys often expire or the policies of their platforms mean that they can delete your library "for no reason".

1 year ago

I paused to see if i will get a coupon but i will get this bundle for Planet Zoo and C&C even if the coupon strat fail.
Thank you for the chart Lilly ♥

1 year ago

My pleasure! ♥

1 year ago

For the first tome in 2-1/2 years, I passed. The only game I would want is C&C Remastered and I already have it on Steam.

1 year ago

Is this worth it only for Spongebob + Planet Zoo?
Am curious.

1 year ago

depends spongebob is a remastered ps2 game (which was pretty good if i remember) and planet zoo - not played but has lots of dlc

1 year ago

If you’re only interested in 2 games it might be more worth it to try and find someone to do a bundle split with.

1 year ago

That's a prudent idea. May have to look into it. Thank you.

1 year ago

Personally, I really enjoyed planet zoo and the base content is fine (for me planet zoo is the best current zoo simulator, which unfortunately doesn't have much competition), but if you played zootycoon 2, planet zoo will disappoint you a bit, plus the The price of the DLC is $100 USD (regional price of Mexico) and the DLC lacks content, only a few animals that you can count on one hand and aesthetic elements in many cases only new textures.

SpongeBob SquarePants is fine if you like 3D platformers, but it feels a bit old compared to other games.

12 dollars is a good price for the games but it may come out in the future in a bundle with the DLC. Like the one in Jurassic World Evolution.

If you're only interested in this 2 games, wait to see if they send any coupons, if you plan to split the bundle with someone just remember that Humble bundle has put in a lot of region locks lately

1 year ago

The price of the DLC is $100 USD (regional price of Mexico) and the DLC lacks content, only a few animals that you can count on one hand and aesthetic elements in many cases only new textures.

Sounds like it's irrelevant how much all the DLC cost, as only a few worth buying for gameplay content

1 year ago

A big problem with management games is that with the DLC they update the base game, causing things to appear that complicate the base game or many bugs (also the game is usually somewhat incomplete), in the case of the base game planet zoo I felt that It was missing a lot of interaction and animal things, I got some bugs when they added DLC, but nothing hard, but the reality is that I did not experiment much.

But in games like Prison Architect, sims 4, Jurassic World Evolution etc. Not having the DLC ruins the gaming experience, they make a lot of bugs and the case of the first one prevents you from advancing in the campaign.

1 year ago

But in games like Prison Architect [...] prevents you from advancing in the campaign

Damn, that sounds bad :|

1 year ago

Return to Choice for only $8 for the next 2 months!

Max out your Fun Per Dollar meter by picking up Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, Planet Zoo, and lots more games for just $8 (USD) per month for the next two months!

Come back to Humble Choice, and you’ll get a high-quality mix of PC games to own every month—plus more value-packed perks like savings of up to 20% in our store. Offer ends June 7.

1 year ago

Coupons are back... Still no 6$ so bit sad and have to consider it.

1 year ago

Same here. Maybe time to resume , lets see...

1 year ago

I already bought 3 games out of the bundle, so there are some sank cost, but at the same time, it's ~3€ off for the next month as well

1 year ago

Seems like a pretty good deal, I'm in.

1 year ago

Not that it really matters to me, but they only offered me one month: "Return to Choice for only $8 this month!"

1 year ago

Got this too.

1 year ago

Huh, odd. I only got a coupon for this month. :(

Return to Choice for only $8 this month!

Max out your Fun Per Dollar meter by picking up Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, Planet Zoo, and lots more games for just $8 (USD)—this month only!
Come back to Humble Choice, and you’ll get a high-quality mix of PC games to own every month—plus more value-packed perks like savings of up to 20% in our store. Offer ends June 7.

1 year ago

Same here, maybe it depends on when you bought the last bundle or whether you're paused or cancelled? I also paused very early, before the May bundle was even revealed, maybe that's why I got the coupon for one month less?

1 year ago

Don't even worry about it. They will likely issue another coupon next month.

1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up! That is what i was waiting for

1 year ago

Got a coupon so I bought it now even if I don't think I will ever play any of those games xD

1 year ago

Got the coupon for 2 months at $8

1 year ago

you sure its for 2?

1 year ago

its 8/month for 2 months

1 year ago

i only got 8 for 1

1 year ago

Return to Choice for only $8 this month!

1 year ago

Also got $8/month for 2 months. Nice try HB.

1 year ago

Sadly, this deal still doesn't make the bundle worth...

1 year ago

Not complaining about these lovely coupons, but man, they really screwed annual subscribers. We pay less monthly than they do yearly, even with that $99 a year deal. They better treat those folks better this Christmas. Give them like $80 a year deals or something.

1 year ago*

grabbed for 8$ and already canceled (••) ( ••)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

1 year ago

I don't know if there is supposed to be any region lock for the Origin key of C&C Remastered Collection. I have sent my key (EU) to a person in the USA, and they have apparently been able to redeem it on their account.

1 year ago

So, I have also recieved the 8$/month (for 2 months) coupon, but i cannot purchase it to myself, because i am an "active member", meaning that I only paused, not cancelled it completely. As far as I can see, I have 2 options:

• Cancel, then use the coupon. Not sure if I cancel do I lose the coupon?
  • Gift it to someone I trust, and get the keys back from them.
    What do You guys think, which is the better option? I guess I will lose the 20% store discount either way (not that I use it much)...
1 year ago

You only lose the 20% if you actually don't buy Choice for one month. As long as you buy it before the next one comes, you keep the 20%.

Try unpausing and buying. My guess is, that it will use the coupon then. If not, cancel and then buy it.

1 year ago

Sorry for the noob(ish) question but I never unpaused before. Won't it instantly pay for this monthly, when i click "unpause"? That's why i haven't try this before...
Also, it says I am an "active member", so not sure unpausing will make me more "inactive"... :D

1 year ago

It's the same as manually buying before the auto-charge date. You will be asked to confirm your payment method and such. And there you can see if the coupon is applied or not.

1 year ago

Okay thanks! :)
Sadly, it did not work out as expected. I continued, coupon still did not apply, so cancelled, and lost the coupon after that.
Well, maybe someone else can learn from this. :)

1 year ago

Really? Didn't expect that at all. I even still have a $2 coupon although I already bought it for $8 with another coupon. Is there really no coupon there?

https://www.humblebundle.com/home/coupons

I'd probably contact Humble support and complain. You do have the coupon email as proof, right?

1 year ago

Yup, can confirm, no Choice coupon there...
Contacted the support, will see what they can do about it. Also yes, I have the e-mail.

1 year ago

Good luck. Keep me posted.

1 year ago

Update: Still haven't recieved an answer from the Humble support (in 8 days), but I also (like many others) got the 6$ coupon for 2 months, so it's even better. Let's hope i can make this one work :D

1 year ago

Sounds good! :D

1 year ago

My coupon was used after I clicked on "Choose you games" button, not after unpausing subscription

1 year ago

I got the $8 for two months deal and this first one says that the offer ends on June 7.

Today, I get a reminder about it and now it says that the offer ends on May 24 which is two weeks earlier than what the original email says.

I'm not sure if I've seen the offer expiry date change like this before.

1 year ago

I got exactly the same emails. I supposed they realized that we could still skip this crappy May bundle et get June + July for $8, so they changed it! Is this even legal?

1 year ago

I only got the deal for one month, but otherwise it's the same thing for me: first mail said, coupon expires June 7, now I got another one with an expiry date May 24. Even with an expiry date of June 7, it wouldn't have been possible to accept the deal and skip the May bundle at the same time. So, I suspect the change of date may be a really dirty trick: they simply hope that we are not looking at the expiry date too closely. By the time we realize that the coupon is already expired we would have already paid the full price for the bundle.

1 year ago*

Thanks for correcting me! :)

1 year ago

Oh, I wasn't trying to correct you, I was merely offering my two cents. Anyway, you were right to ask if this is even legal. They clearly changed the expiry date of the offer and made it look in their mail like it's just a reminder for the same offer. That's pretty low down.

1 year ago

I agree, and I also dislike how they reward the less loyal customers. I know many companies operate this way, but I still dislike it!

1 year ago

To be honest, rewarding loyal customers would be the last thing I wanted from Choice. That way, you'd only get a discount if you never paused. Even if all their bundles were really great (which they aren't - because it's pretty much impossible to come up with something that makes everyone happy on a monthly basis), I still like to pause every now and then. I just would like a bit more consistency with their discount offers, e.g. some of my friends don't seem to get any/many offers at all, while others seem to get thrown offers at them, no matter what.

1 year ago

That explains why the coupon did not work for me today. I was in no hurry because that email said June 7 but now it is gone. Just contacted support.

1 year ago

I thought I paused but I guess not. When I went to cancel membership it offered me $3 off my next bill.

1 year ago

Well, they broke me. I don't like that choice as I already had Planet zoo, but bought it just to keep 7€ deal for next month

1 year ago

Same, already bought some games from splits at launch, but I could still keep 2-3 games, making giveaways and having a nice discount for the next month.

1 year ago

Bought SpongeBob on the cheap and skipped this month. Will probably do this more going forward since there are no more mystery games. I can buy what I want which is almost always cheaper than the full bundle, and if not then I can buy the bundle.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.