December 2019 Humble Choice

06 Dec 2019 - 03 Jan 2020

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ December 27th, 2019: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† January 3rd 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

• RU/CIS + Turkey + India + Argentina + Brazil - Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
    Activates as "Shadow of the Tomb Raider [Game only] (RU/CIS+)"
    Run-lock: can only be played in those countries
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Blasphemous

• RU/CIS - Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Macedonia, Serbia, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • South America - Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, El Salvador, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
  • Asia - Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Vietnam
  • Africa + ME - United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Burundi, Benin, Botswana, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Algeria, Egypt, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Israel, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Cambodia, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Palestinian Territory, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Samoa, Syrian Arab Republic, Eswatini, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
  • Everyone else: ROW (activates everywhere)

Warning: Shadow of the Tomb Raider is just the base game, even though the Steam library and store entries have been renamed to "Definitive Edition". It does not contain the Season Pass or other DLC. On Steam the missing DLC can be bought in one purchase via this bundle.

ย 

Extras to claim for your games:

!addlicense ASF 371339,402433,317880

ย 

How do I generate a Gift Link now?

On the "Choose your games" page, you click a game, scroll down and click "gift to friend" instead of "get game". Then you see the usual region lock notification about countries that receive a different game version than you do or do not receive the game, and you can pick between generating a gift link or sending the game via email.
"Get game" will instantly reveal the key and NOT simply add the game to your Downloads page for this bundle.

Note: The guess / leak for Void Bastards is NOT included.

ย 

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 79% of 14149 โค ๐Ÿ† ? CV app/750920 W M L 0 $?
Blasphemous 85% of 2780 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/774361 W 0 $24.99
Phantom Doctrine 74% of 1829 โค ๐Ÿ† 39.99 CV app/559100 W 0 $39.99
Dead In Vinland 81% of 466 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/573120 W M 0 $19.99
Horizon Chase Turbo 95% of 962 โค ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/389140 W M L 0 $19.99
Dark Future: Blood Red States 82% of 114 โค ๐Ÿ† 24.99 CV app/370870 W 0 $24.99
Desert Child 84% of 38 โค ๐Ÿ† 11.99 CV app/844050 W M L 0 $11.99
Aegis Defenders 75% of 91 - ๐Ÿ† 19.99 CV app/371140 W M 0 $19.99
X-Morph: Defense 92% of 970 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/408410 W 0 $19.99
Ancestors Legacy 79% of 2129 โค ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/620590 W 0 $34.99

Extras: Arrog - DRM-free Game

Retail:

• $216.91 + ?

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you really have a choice?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Iโ€™m a big fan of what the X-Monthly Morphed into.
[New subscription] Home for the holidays, ready to Raid some Tombs!
[Maybe subscribe] Baby, itโ€™s cold outside, how about some games to warm me up?
[Have] Own those, thanks. Nowโ€ฆ first to the sled gets the gingerbread!
[Pausing] My house is under Elf Surveillance, I have to pause all activity and lay low until January (financial hibernation included).
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] Santa Claus is coming to town, we don't need no IGN!
[Complaint] How can you take the surprise out of the Monthly for Christmas of all times?

Classic: Per month -

You could phrase this in the price cell (if it will fit) as: $12.00 for active/paused Dec 2019 Mo. subs (See FAQ)

๐Ÿ’ก Humble original

To be revealed later.

Humble Choice gives "Arrog" (doesn't say DRM free?) and "Desert Child - DRM-free", so I think those might consist of the Humble Originals to go with this month's Choice.

If you are referring to Humble Trove reveals, I think that already happened for the month given that the Humble Trove's countdown clock is currently 21 days. That implies to me that Humble Trove additions happen the second week of each month (on a Tuesday?). The Recently Added Games list @ trove is: Arrog, Balconing Simulator 2020, Dear Esther, and Race The Sun: Challenge Edition.

4 years ago

When was x-morph given for free?

4 years ago

Nothing on ITAD. A possible reason is the <1โ‚ฌ price on 2 grey market resellers

4 years ago

I was thinking a long time but tbh i only wanted Blasphemous and I'm sure I can pick this one up later so finaly I paused

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I can pause anytime before the deadline in the next 5 days when HB will auto-charge you for this month.

4 years ago

perhaps this was already covered and answered, but do we know what happens with the choice page when next month arrives?, this new format confuses me abit

4 years ago

It's still there until you decide your choice (which games, gift links or keys). Or until HB bankrupts I reckon.

4 years ago

Thanks

4 years ago

EDIT: Less then 6 hours left before you'll be auto-charged for the month!

4 years ago*

Or Grab, not always a big fan of the bundles but I redeemed 5 games straight from this bundle worthy of a holiday bundle. Cheers~

4 years ago

Actually you can grab them anytime before they're launched (which is next Friday), but it auto-charges a week early. You could even pause/cancel now and still if grab them anytime in the next week if you change your mind.

4 years ago

Indeed, good info. ^^ Cheers~

4 years ago

What if i don't pick any game now, game will be able to choose later?

4 years ago

According the FAQ, you don't have to choose now, you can choose in two years and they'll provide your keys at that time.

I wouldn't wait that long though, as there are sometimes issues when you try to redeem old games.
A recent example is Ethereal, a Humble Original from the September 2018 Monthly. Keys were available a few months after the end of that Monthly (like that's often the case with the Humble Original games). The ones who claimed the game quickly after the release got their key without any problem. For the ones who waited too much, boom, no more key available. And now the game is no longer in the list of the purchased games, so I assume we will never get that game.

But maybe the Monthly and the Choice keys attribution works in a different way and your keys are 100% guaranteed forever. Too early to tell.

4 years ago*

I think the issue presented with Humble Originals are generally because they were not promised to the buyers. We are given a DRM free copy and I don't think the devs are under obligation to give keys and even if they do, to provide for the entirety of the volume of buyers for that particular month.

For the other games, it should be fine to claim them at any undefined period unless Humble decides to start setting time limits

4 years ago

I definitely wouldn't risk it. Humble has removed older unredeemed games from peoples libraries before (remember someone on SG had that happen to them with one of the delisted Spiderman games).

4 years ago

remember someone on SG had that happen to them with one of the delisted Spiderman games

That's a really bad example as its a very specific case of a delisted game and as such one they couldn't provide a replacement for even if they'd wanted to. Though I do agree it's best to claim your games/keys as soon as possible.

4 years ago

The point is they didn't save keys for people who had bought them, so if anything happens to the company who made a game or if they and Humble break ties your humble keys will not be guaranteed.

4 years ago

Thank you very much!:)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

When i create a gift link that makes a key with it?

4 years ago

I have a recurring subscription from the old Humble Monthly. Does that mean I have extra benefits for the newly evolved Humble Choice with complete subscription? Also, with the latest it says you can choose your games - up to 10. But there are 10 games. So I basically just get them all?

4 years ago

Also, with the latest it says you can choose your games - up to 10. But there are 10 games. So I basically just get them all?

Sorry, realized I forgot to answer your question:
Yes. you'll get all 10 games, but sometimes there may be more than 10, and in that case, you'll have to choose 10.

To be sure you're still on the Classic plan, you can check this link. https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/home

It should say "YOU'RE ON THE CLASSIC PLAN", like in the image below.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Awesome. Thanks for the assistance. :)

4 years ago

question:

is this (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12231/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/) package less expensive if you have the base "definitive" from humble?

4 years ago

Yes, 11,21โ‚ฌ for me (i have the base game from Humble Choice)

4 years ago

thank you

4 years ago

Did anyone got auto-charged for January 2020? OP claims the next charge date is 27th Dec but I have yet to be billed, I am an active subscriber and in my settings it says the next billing date is 31 Jan 2020

4 years ago

Same here. Guess choices system works the other way

4 years ago

same

4 years ago

Autocharge for December 2019 happened 27th December, the January Choice will be the next one.

View attached image.
4 years ago

i did...why would anyone want to be auto charged now? you can see every game day 1.At the very least we should have a day or two after the games come out before auto charging my fault i guess.

4 years ago

They reveal the choice in the first week of the month and--if you haven't yet taken an action on it by the end of the month--autocharge at the end of said month.

4 years ago

Did you claim any of the December choice games (or the month) already? If so, I would almost guarantee that you already were charged for it. The autocharge date is, as I understand it, the default "we'll charge you if you don't cancel/pause and haven't revealed any of the codes earlier" date.
Did you have any unused monthly credits saved up from the old program? If so, it used one of them.

4 years ago

Yeah, I just remembered I paid for it earlier, normally I wait for it to auto-charge but did an exception this one time. So I guess the 31 Jan is for the next choice and I can pay for it even after games are revealed, which is nice.

4 years ago

First timer here and I'm not sure I understand region lock correctly. I got the bundle from Italy, Europe, so Blasphemous should be ROW, but when I try to create a gift link for it I get a bunch of Countries where the gift cannot be activated. Am I doing it wrong?

View attached image.
4 years ago

The list doesn't reflect the actual region lock of the key. You can read the notification more like "For these countries we give region locked keys" rather than "Your key is region locked and will not activate in these countries".
Customers who get ROW keys will always see this kind of notification, as long as there are other countries that receive locked keys.

4 years ago

Ah, thank you. I suspected (or I was hoping) it was something like that. Good news then!

4 years ago

You can read the notification more like "For these countries we give region locked keys" rather than "Your key is region locked and will not activate in these countries".

Thanks. Good to know. I have spent far longer than is enjoyable creating region-restricted giveaways for some games from them over the years, as I always assumed it to be "your key won't work in the following countries."

4 years ago

Sometimes, the notifications are true so you should check the related threads here on SG. :D

4 years ago

Anyone have any news on the next choice at the end of this week?

4 years ago

Mystery!

4 years ago

Many people complained this month, I guess next month could be a very good one :D

4 years ago

Nah, there will always be at least some complaints because new bundles will never be the same as they "used to be" at Humble.

4 years ago

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

There's evidently been some recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions.

Basically, instead of regional pricing based on payment method which was more closely tied to exchange rate, regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. In the case of GBP, it is 6% higher than the previous regional pricing. (Reddit thread where I asked about it)

Apparently they have posted a support article about the change here: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039435794 and linked to it in the new bit of text they have added to the "How much do I pay under a Classic plan?" paragraph of their default Humble Choice - Classic Plan FAQ article:
Additionally, it is worth noting, the Classic plan retains the USD pricing. It does not update to the region that you are currently located in. If you switch to any other Humble Choice plan you will be subject to pay under the currency of the region you currently reside in. More information on regional pricing here.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036658733

Source

4 years ago

that's a disappointing change..

4 years ago

Thank you very much for the heads up. I added a note in the OP linking to this comment.

4 years ago

Even more reason to not lose your classic subscription if you have it.

4 years ago

Does someone know what games will be on next month?

4 years ago

We'll know by Friday I think, I read somewhere the reveal will take place on first Friday of the month

EDIT: It says so right on top of this thread

4 years ago*

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but if I don't choose any games by the time the next choice monthly goes live, does that mean I'm locked out of choosing afterward? Since choice carrying over seems a good thing but I'm super indecisive (among other things) right now.. Since I paid for Dec I don't think I'd be locked out of anything so I don't wanna jump the gun until I got some better internet to look into the games more thoroughly XD

4 years ago

They do not expire according to the official FAQ about Humble Choice

4 years ago

Thank you <3

4 years ago

Bump

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

Damn, I completely forgot today's the day.
Thanks for the reminder. :3

4 years ago

I'm curious to see if they will have more then 10 games this time (since the faq says they'll have 10+ games each month).

4 years ago

Yeah it would be nice to actually have some choice... ๐Ÿ˜†

4 years ago

I bet on Iconoclasts. Seems a good canditate to me.

4 years ago

Just a heads up. I paused my subscription earlier in the month. Just went to check and I had a warning that I would be losing my classic status soon. I went to manage my subscription and it said I was an Active subscriber. Bit confusing. Anyway, I hit the pause button again and that seems to have sorted things.

You might want to check your subscription status before the reveals today.

4 years ago*

Weird - So you paused previously for December Humble Choice and did your warning appear on the "My Subscription" page, clicking the "Manage Your Subscription" button, or elsewhere?

I didn't pause for this recent December Humble Choice to be able to check for myself, but it does appear that I can pause even before January's Humble Choice is revealed later today as it says my "Next Billing Date" is near the end of January. Makes me curious if it is possible to pause for next month immediately after paying for the current month?

4 years ago

You dont pay for next month till 3 weeks from now, unless you choose to pay early. But you will not have access to the games.

Sorry if im reading your question wrong.

4 years ago

You dont pay for next month till 3 weeks from now, unless you choose to pay early. But you will not have access to the games.

I understand that. Let me rephrase my question to be a specific scenario (which is not exactly related to BauerBoy24's concern):

If I were to buy today's January Humble Choice after it goes live, can I pause my subscription to prevent being autocharged for February? (I am aware that pausing means I suspend my subscriber benefits)

The fact that I paid for December Humble Choice and my "Next Billing Date" is currently near the end of January suggests to me that the answer to my question might be "Yes".

4 years ago

I think so too, if I remember correctly pausing basically just skips an autocharge date.

4 years ago

This is where the warning appeared: https://prnt.sc/qixcb5. And I think the answer to your other question is yes :)

4 years ago

Weirder still is that my subscription page says I paused the December bundle, but in fact I activated every game, so I don't know what's up with that.

Now as far as pausing January, I looked at the FAQ on it here, and if I'm reading it right, then we can pause January any time before the last Friday in January, giving us plenty of time to decide.

4 years ago

I paused this month and just saw that under "your subscription" at https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/home there's a "billing error" message...what? I'm just going to ignore it since everywhere else on the site my account looks fine.

4 years ago

This is where my warning message appeared: https://prnt.sc/qixcb5. So maybe just make sure that box says the right thing and that the box below confirms that you are still on the classic plan.

What does the billing error message say exactly?

4 years ago

Yea same as yours then:

View attached image.
4 years ago

Same thing for me, probably just a bug, or a trick to make you pay. Maybe pausing "fixes" it?

4 years ago

Can't remember if I had the exact same message but pausing seemed to work for me.

4 years ago

Can't remember what mine said exactly, but maybe try pausing again. Seems like the safer bet atm.

4 years ago

Yea just re-paused since I'd rather be safe then sorry in this case.

4 years ago

Good call :)

4 years ago

Thanks for the warning, I re-paused again as well just to be sure, don't want to risk losing my sweet classic plan! ๐Ÿ˜…
Here's hoping today's new crop of games is more up my alley, Tomb Raider was the only one last time I was even remotely interested in... ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿคž

4 years ago

No problem. Something tells me we'll have to keep checking our status month to month to make sure Humble doesn't try to pull a sneaky on us ;)

Same story for me regarding this month's games. Fingers crossed we get some good ones today!

4 years ago

Humble? Being sneaky? Surely not... ๐Ÿ™ƒ

4 years ago

For fucks sake, I hope they get their shit together

Being a bit short on money ATM buying the bundle was the last thing I wanted to do.. Randomly decided to check on Humbles page what it shows and had the same warning about billing error. For monthly they at least had the big pause icon on main page that showed if its paused or not...

Wouldnt have checked at the last minute I would have lost the classic plan.. I wonder now if this shit was done on purpose.. I suppose they can just say - a mistake was made while changing to Choice, but this would have thinned out a bunch of people who skipped and would have lost the Classic plan.

4 years ago

Would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but seems like there has been a lot of these "glitches" in the past. Hopefully the people that don't notice this message don't lose their status. For the rest of us, I suggest we keep a close eye on our subscription page from now on.

4 years ago

I paused the past month around December 20. And also when checking HB today I noticed that in the morning, but left it untouched. If it was a glitch, it's their mistake and not mine, so if there was any problem they should fix it. But now I found something odd:

This was early today: Image 1

This is now: Image 2

Somehow, I was automatically paused for this month (January)? By now I'm kind of lost. I haven't done anything and lost the subscriber status. My plan "will automatically renew on Friday, January 31, 2020"; but somehow I still have the classic plan (Month-to-Month Classic Plan).

Anyway, there's nothing interesting for me this month and will pause it anyway. But now I don't know when or how should I do that, since I should be an active subscriber by now, yet somehow it's the opposite status.

So confusing... (>_<)

4 years ago*

Deleted

4 years ago

Just Cause 3 has already been in a monthly so it's very plausible.

4 years ago

I doubt it will happen today. Last month we have already received the game from Square Enix. If they offer a game from Square Enix for the second month in a row, it will be strange. I think that they can offer us HITMANโ„ข 2 โ€“ Standard Edition , since in 2018 we were already offered HITMANโ„ข - Game of The Year Edition.

4 years ago

I hope more big titles for the next month, not that it was bad this month but for 20$ I would expect a little more. Maybe I became too greedy.

4 years ago

Last month Void Bastards was the only game from the leak that didn't apear in the bundle. I hope they saved it for this month.

4 years ago*

i wonder if they lower the quality to let the subscriber end their subscription so they can improve the quality for a better price^^

4 years ago

why would they end their subscription, if they can always pause it for a month? :)

4 years ago

Well when Humble switched Monthly to Choice, there are some people who didn't pause and cancelled all together based on principles, such as:

• "I'm not going to support a company who increases prices almost 50% for new subscribers who want as many games as they got before in Humble Monthly vs Choice."

• "I think the quality of monthly bundles were going downhill anyways. Might as well just buy other bundles or games on sale individually."

• "Humble is not the same since they were bought by IGN"

I'm paraphrasing here as I don't hold all these views myself, but I understand where some people are coming from.

So even though compared to Humble Monthly people who continued on with Choice Classic (whether paused or paying) get the new benefits of being guaranteed 10 games and seeing them all before they buy, evidently principles like the ones above override those benefits for some people. So that's who would end their subscription.

4 years ago

"I'm not going to support a company who increases prices almost 50% for new subscribers who want as many games as they got before in Humble Monthly vs Choice"

Who are these people? Humble are giving existing subscribers a perk because they were loyal - most companies would throw existing customers to the dogs and chase new customers with sweetener deals.

4 years ago

people are allways pissed off about everything ;)

4 years ago

oh thats so true!

4 years ago

There's some in the comments of any SG or Reddit post regarding the change from Monthly to Choice, or the first Choice bundle.

4 years ago

thats an interesting way of seeing things. i would make the first 3 months better than average, so people see a clear difference compared to the old subscription.

4 years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if Monster Hunter World appeared in a choice any time soon, since the dlc is being released soon.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Great game spent 300 hours on it

4 years ago

You make a good point. Historical low was 18โ‚ฌ, the new DLC costs 2/3 of the base game price and they have multiple cosmetic DLCs they could still make money off. So it's not as unrealistic as I first thought it would be.

4 years ago

Well, it isn't there... but the games are still cool!

4 years ago

We still have a chance at it every month. :)

4 years ago

Yeah, it would be really cool to get it!

4 years ago

not absolutely horrid I think...

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.