August 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 August 31st, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 September 7th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Carto

🔑 Full list of subs

Free DLC to claim: Blue Fire - Original Soundtrack

Note: Encodya is delivered as a GOG key (no Steam key available, even though the game is on Steam too)

There might be a chance that a Steam key is added in the future, but nothing is confirmed yet. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 95% of 20750 - 🏆 6.00 CV app/692850 W 0* $39.99
Last Oasis 66% of 18489 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/903950 W 0 $29.99
Superliminal 94% of 9501 🏆 3.00 CV app/1049410 W M L 0 $19.99
Out of Space 80% of 960 🏆 2.25 CV app/400080 W M L 1 $14.99
We Need To Go Deeper 86% of 3374 🏆 2.40 CV app/307110 W L 0 $15.99
Carto 98% of 1963 🏆 3.00 CV app/1172450 W M 0 $19.99
As Far As The Eye 78% of 1253 🏆 3.75 CV app/1119700 W M L 0 $24.99
Cepheus Protocol 89% of 584 🏆 2.25 CV app/979640 W 0 $14.99
Drake Hollow 80% of 757 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/739650 W 0 $29.99
Nowhere Prophet 80% of 542 🏆 3.75 CV app/681730 W M L 0 $24.99
Blue Fire 80% of 617 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/1220150 W 0 $19.99
Encodya (GOG-only) - - - - GOG - $24.99

Retail:

• $255.89

CV:

* - the game was featured previously only in Build-a-Bundle / Pick & Mix bundles that are usually priced to high for the games to receive partial CV (exclusions apply) and are therefore not included in the bundle count.

Humble Original / Extras: Retired Men's Nude Beach Volleyball

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 12 10 12
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is this pack better or worse than you expected?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Happy to see Bloodstained finally featured in a Choice, it makes me have hopes that not all is lost with Humble Bundles and their recent decline in quality.
[New subscription] I’m genuinely interested in this lineup. I’ve been eyeing some of these titles for quite some time now and I’m glad I waited.
[Maybe subscribe] Personally, I'm a bit torn between considering this selection ‘mediocre’ or ‘pretty good’.
[Pause] By now, I'm really thinking of quitting my subscription but I don't want to lose the classic plan by cancelling. Another Pause it is.
[Cancelling / will not buy] I’ve had enough of IGN’s shenanigans, and I think it’s time to finally abandon ship.
[Protest] The monthly GOG troll game is becoming a bit bothersome. They could at least pick titles that aren't on Steam!

Weak monthly for me, but I already own Bloodstained. Doesn't help that Out of Space was bundled and there's a GOG key..

2 years ago

pause trash bundle not a single good game

2 years ago

Not my cup of tea, but may be for others. So it will be my first time pause/skip. I am into multiplayer or co-op games I can play with others.
I had Out of Space from Fanatical a couple months ago in their bundle and I don't have a GOG account which made it easier to pause.

2 years ago*

I like playing with friends also, and this bundle has several that are multiplayer. Out of Space and Drake Hollow are designed with multiplayer in mind, and Last Oasis is an MMO.
Carto isn't multiplayer but I just wanna say it's a great game too! =)

2 years ago

Worst month for me so far. Bloodstained and Drake hollow played on gamepass and they are the only 2 games that are more or less what i would want to play, but since i already did... this is a waste of a month with no surprises, i get depressed just looking at it. Sigh.

2 years ago

Yeah I ended up not renewing my gamepass just because I got annoyed when there was overlap with Humble. I agree a lot of these games don't have the curb appeal, but Superliminal and Carto (if you haven't played it on gamepass) are both excellent games.
Not trying to talk you into it but just trying to make you less depressed at the sight of it lol.

2 years ago

I knew Bloodstained would be added eventually, but I was impatient and got it previously. Still, seems okay for me as my sub is cheaper than all-time low on Blue Fire and there are a few others Im kinda interested in. Mostly grabbing to maintain my current sub price though.

2 years ago

The same thing happened to me, although it can change Bloodstained for another game; you should take advantage to exchange it there are many interesting offers

2 years ago

Yeah. Imma hold it for awhile and try trading it in a few months probably

2 years ago

Bloodstained is nice and has been on my wishlist for a while, not sure if I want to get the bundle just for that, though.

2 years ago

There are several other sleeper games in this bundle that you may be pleasantly surprised with if you decide to pick it up. I can personally recommend superliminal and carto if you're not opposed to those styles of games they are very enjoyable.

2 years ago

Bloodstained is great, but I already bought and beat it on PS4. Everything else is meh as hell to me

2 years ago

4 WL games: Bloodstained, Superliminal.. that's a Yes.

2 years ago

Woof, no.

2 years ago

Good bundle, couple of them are on wishlist. Much better choice than some with mediocre AAA game in it, which people would like more only because they have heard of it. It's a shame that Encodya is GOG-only, probably the same case like Disjunction from June where Valve didn't approve large quantity of keys because they haven't sold enough on Steam.

2 years ago

honestly pretty solid bundle this month. already own and 100%'d bloodstained & superliminal - both extremely good games imo. unfortunately for me (and fortunate for someone on sg) i immediately bought blue fire after seeing this post from lugum.. not from steam either so i can't refund.
had a few others on my wishlist and i'm pretty happy with hb this month.

2 years ago

I'm glad to see this positivity for this month's bundle because I also am very pleased with the selection. Unfortunately I'm a bit too pleased, because there are a lot of games I have already played and enjoyed!!

2 years ago

this month is pretty good with bloodstain + lost oasis + blue fire, awesome tbh

2 years ago

Holy shit now this is a good month, 3 WL games.
Ofc it’s also the same month when i’m broke 😭

2 years ago

Don't let it pass you by, a good month like this is something to take advantage of!

2 years ago

Sometimes you just gotta know when to let it pass, especially since i barely have enough to feed myself atm.

2 years ago

the plight of the gamer.
best of luck to you, kale and beans are very healthy and cheap if you have that option.

2 years ago

Scrap Last Oasis, and you get.. a super solid Humble Indielike Bundle! Good stuff.

2 years ago

Who needs ENCODYA gog key?

2 years ago

me, please?

2 years ago

add me if it's not a problem

2 years ago

Who needs DISJUNCTION gog key?

2 years ago

me.

2 years ago

add me if it's not a problem

2 years ago

i like carto

2 years ago

i like carto too!

2 years ago

The funny kids at Assemble (Encodya) have now locked the thread complaining about the GOG key and declared more discussion of the topic undesired:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1137450/discussions/0/3051737278927935363/

Suppose we gotta continue over here.

For people who are into vengefully unwishlisting or ignore-listing their other products, this is a good place to start:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&publisher=Assemble+Entertainment
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&developer=Chaosmonger+Studio

2 years ago

Yep, my post in the thread was banned as marked as disrespectul, so here i am reposting a soft version expurged of what might have triggered it. Since these scumbag publisher can't take critisism on steam forum, they'll have no power here to mute us.
Opening new thread there is also unadvised, since it'll probably lead to a ban, these guys are in such dumpster fire of bad PR. it's getting hilarious.

Sad for the other developers that has nothing to do with this mess, but i'll ignore them as well since this publisher is related to it.

I too like a lot said are unhappy with other "drm" keys taking slots in HBC, which was in its initial contract "only a curated selection of STEAM games", the same contract being changed numerous times along the way without our consent or even a survey. What will be next, some uplay and epic keys mixed into it ? Make them separate bundles, like they did with an epic exlusives key, which sold miserably.

This is most certainly my last year subscribed to classic plan, since i'm pissed i NEVER EVER get a coupon or offer for pausing while many are getting incredible price cut for pausing most of the time. If IGN can't reward fidelity and loyal customers, then screw them, they'll lose more in their effort to attract new unloyal customers than retaining the ones subbed from day one.

This gog key unsatisfying answer won't be forgotten "assemble" pub, i think you'll suffer monetarily from the backslash you put on yourself.

2 years ago

Has anyone actually read anything from Chaosmonger Studio (the actual developer) on the subject yet? So far I have only seen replies from the publisher, Assemble. (Not saying they shouldn't be held to task or that they're innocent or had no choice in this, just genuinely curious if they have replied anywhere at all.)

2 years ago

To be honest, I don't really understand why some people seem to be so riled up about not getting a Steam key for that game, to be point of ignoring games from the devs/publisher. I for one certainly prefer to get my games on Steam, but if I was interested in playing a game, GOG is ok in my books.

I kinda understand if the devs/publishers didn't really want to give out Steam keys for Encodya... Once your game is bundled, it gets devalued a lot and indie, niche titles that aren't sought-after end up selling for pennies, maybe a dollar, on the gray market because and thus, I believe, makes those games even less worthy of their sale prices in the eyes of bundle enthusiasts. I think that since GOG is less popular than Steam, giving out GOG keys might be a way to circumvent the devaluation. But maybe I'm totally wrong. And maybe they have other reasons for offering GOG keys.

If anything, perhaps people should point fingers at HB instead, as... if I remember correctly, the Monthlies started as being a curated bundle of Steam games.

2 years ago

I actually wanted the game, so I'm happy. I do like to get my games on Steam, but if not Steam, then GOG would be my second choice. They're DRM-free afterall. I don't really get it either. I think a few people are genuinely outraged with misplaced anger, then you have a bunch of bandwagoners who don't really care jumping on the boat for the drama.

I think you might be right about the devaluation of their games. An indie game like Encodya might be looking for exposure. They put it a Steam key in there, they'll rarely ever sell another copy of their game again because 1000s of them will be circulating on the grey market. If people play it on GOG, then some good reviews might get it the exposure it needs. And GOG keys are no where near as marketable.

Of course you'll have the odd person who genuinely wanted the game outraging about wanting a Steam key, but I'm willing to bet that most of them don't give a damn about the game and only want a +1, some cards, or a more marketable key. It's really blown out of proportion. I don't think it's going to do the game any damage. People who want to play will download from GOG. I know I will. =)

And yeah, they should take it up with HB to not put GOG keys in monthlies if they feel that strongly about it. They shouldn't go attacking the devs. Afterall, we get the keys for SFA when you consider that we get 12 of them. The devs get mere pennies per copy of the bundles sold.

2 years ago*

As someone who use GOG, and purchase games on it, I'll register the key and play on GOG.

My only problem about GOG keys, is that I have zero warranty that this version will be on the same level that the Steam one (bugs fixes, new features, etc.) or worst that it'll not be abandoned. The dev will not have time to check and/or answer on all the forums, little hope to have problems fix apart from asking on Steam (look the GOG discussion for Disjunction).

I understand, an indie dev will always prioritize the platform where he can earn more, but this is my main problem with new indie games on GOG.

2 years ago

Yeah, that's interesting. I never thought of that.

I'm not sure how this works with DRMs and the like, but say Steam is their most active platform then they're probably going to solve most of the bugs there with feedback from a larger number of players. Shouldn't they automatically upload the fixed version to GOG as well as Steam after they have fixed bugs? That's the very least I would expect, even if they weren't active on GOG discussions.

I've been playing an Early Access game on Steam called Dreamgate. I was actually impressed to see that they have a Discord where you can report bugs or make suggestions toward balance and that kind of thing, and they do respond. Every indie dev should be doing something like that imo, especially if their games are on multiple launchers. That way, no matter what platform they are on, players can be involved in the same set of discussions.

2 years ago

They should apply the same fixes, in theory, but my guess is in most cases the different store versions of the games operate out of different branches in version control, so it's not just as simple as 'copy and paste the fix' - there can be dependencies, locks, owners and other problems in the way of even the simplest of fixes.

2 years ago

Wow this best bundle ever

Skip is better

2 years ago

I can't pause (on coupon) but I would if I could. All the "indies" (is that what they are?) look super cool, but none of them are hitting the soft spot for me (the only interesting ones to me are Nowhere Prophet and slightly less also As far as the Eye); and the heavy hitter of the bundle (Bloodstained) is also not up my alley. The worst part for me are the multiplayer games, I avoid those 100% of the time. So curiously this is the worst Choice for me personally since I signed up in March

2 years ago

I'm interested in Superliminal & Encodya. It's not enough justify to pay such a high price for them. I like a lot, that they offer GOG key for Encodya.

2 years ago

Personally this bundle is great for my tastes!! I am rubbed the wrong way with them only offering a GOG key for the last one.....

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

[Pause] By now, I'm really thinking of quitting my subscription but I don't want to lose the classic plan by cancelling. Another Pause it is.

Oh my... This time the pause option it's so accurate that it's even scary! 😱

2 years ago

I've skipped 5 months so far this year, not sure why I haven't just cancelled

2 years ago*

Keep on skipping. You will eventually find something that catches your attention.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.