Linky

For once, i'm quite glad i don't have either an Nvidia card and updated drivers.

Let's hope this gets fixed soon.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

newer driver was released a week ago so don't make a fuss

1 decade ago

I am using 320.18 for a few weeks and no problem whatsover.

1 decade ago

Aw I think I updated mine this past week....well I have a 210 series so it's bad anyways.

1 decade ago

Phew, in moments like this I should be happy my card is old as fuck (6-7 years) so I don't bother that much with drivers updates... 3.10.90 way to go!

1 decade ago

Holy shit... I think thats how my GPU died then!
It worked perfectly and now that I think of it, it fried a lil bit after installing the new drivers. I even made a post on steamgifts asking for advice..mmmm...

1 decade ago

this one right?

yeah could be the new driver who killed it, the reason is the new driver seems to overclock some cards for performance boost and some can't handle it.

1 decade ago

Yes exactly. Now I know why it fried out of nowhere without warning, its good to know.

Also, I baked it back to life in the oven after getting advice for that on the thread, seems to be working so far :)

1 decade ago

But I have 320.49 :O

1 decade ago

good thing i have a lifetime warranty for my nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. i am on my second 9800 GT since my first 9800 GT died 3 years ago

1 decade ago

mine 9800 GT lying on the table for month or so, dead gpu...

1 decade ago

the nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT runs hotter than most graphics cards usually 88 degrees celsius or 190 degrees fahrenheit at full load

1 decade ago

Typically more like 77C. I'm still using 196.21 with mine, because the stability is so good.

1 decade ago

LOL

1 decade ago

it seems only occurred on the latest nVidia GPU like 600/700 series

1 decade ago

I probably killed my GTX 285 card aswell

1 decade ago

that article is from June, nvidia have already released a new driver version 320.49 on 1st July

1 decade ago

lol this is old man ... I always update my drivers when a new driver update comes up and I've never had any issues with it :/

1 decade ago

Wow, I've been using this driver for at least a month. My gpu fan clock speeds were messed up since then. They were running @800-1000 RPM idle while they suppose to run @1800-1900 RPM. Was getting back to normal in about 10 mins after the boot. Well done, nvidia...

1 decade ago

Hmm, good thing I don't know crap about graphic card drivers and apparently haven't updated it since 314.22... odd seeing as how I put it on auto update. O_o
Seriously, after upgrading my drivers on my old(-ish) PC causing it to hardly function I stay clear of NVidia driver upgrades. :/

1 decade ago

Had some horrible 'display not responding' errors on my monitor after updating from 3.14 or 3.17 I forget which. Rolled back and all is fine. Had horrible issues for AGES with power issues and DOA cards because of their drivers..

And now this as well again.. they don't get it right.. no QA for all models..

I'm on GB GTX 460 btw.. so while it hasn't wrecked my fans, it has given me system instability. I had to force shutdown, to log back to see that event viewer showed no errors.. had some hangs too for first time ever on win 7..

1 decade ago

I'm guessing this happened to me, my Asus GTX 670 crashed while playing BF 3 (i'm pretty sure it was not overheating), luckily I could return it.

1 decade ago

I'm already on 320.49 and have no problems.

1 decade ago

Didnt we have 320.49 already?

1 decade ago

already have 326.01, this info is old

1 decade ago

I'm still on 320.18 and still kicking. My gtx470 can't die :x

1 decade ago

Same but I have a GTX 295! that I bought USED cause I have balls of steel

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Meh, I had to stop updating about 6 weeks ago because it suddenly made my second display (old first gen flat HDTV) suddenly stop working. Stupid thing would act like the primary display during boot and then black out on window load and fire up my main monitor. Did just about everything one could think to do, could only keep one display up at a time. Yay for restore points.

1 decade ago

I've had the problem with BF3, however my card isn't powerful enough to damage itself, lol. It can't even kill a fly.
I'm joking.

1 decade ago

I fucking knew it.
I kept getting temporaly freezes for 10,15 secs long since that update.
I narowed it down to either Web explorer or a Display drivers.
Funny thing is,freezes are less common with Mozila,compared to Chrome.
Even stranger,i can play games and stuff without freezes,they only happen if there is a browser open.

1 decade ago

Thats the opposite of what I had. I was freezing on Alan Wake & Firefox. Chrome and (most) other games were fine for me

1 decade ago

Just because I had those BF3 artifacts I'm afraid to update anymore. Can someone confirm that BF3 doesn't have artifacts anymore with the newest drivers? If not, it's ok, I don't really need to update.

1 decade ago

I've updated an haven't face any issues, though I haven't played any intensive games I think.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Onomatopesha.