Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

A Simple Favor (2018) - 9/10
A surprisingly good movie I found about after yt suggested me some of ms. Kendrick's spots on various tv shows. From only a few jokes on the shows, I can't tell if she's acting in that movie or that her natural nerd/goof self :D

View attached image.
4 years ago

Exodus: Gods and Kings
Although the movie was quite long it was still should have more character development between Moses and the rest of the enslaved Hebrews, including his (blood) brother. I would like to see more interactions and development between those two.
It also had a few weird choices:

• Moses should have been a prophet/ a conduit for God's work (although he ought to be distressed by what the consequences of those miracles were and torn between both worlds like in the animated movie). In the movie, he was more like a passenger along for the ride, in the sense that God didn't cause those miracles through him (like parting the sea). It showed his unwillingness towards such destruction and death though.
  • God shouldn't have been represented as kid, at least not during the iconic scene of the burning bush. For the rest of the movie, I could understand but not for that scene. I also didn't liked the kid's acting and his heavy accent broke my immersion.
  • Ramses relationship with Moses was also a bit odd towards the middle/ ending of the movie: he tried to kill him during one of the first scenes, later when he discovered Moses might be an Hebrew he was really torn on what to do and in these scenes it showed the internal struggle the character was going through. Then when Moses returns he decides to kill him without any bit of struggle or remorse.
    But other than that, I enjoyed the movie.

I'm looking forward to watching Joker.

4 years ago*

Looked good in the trailer until I saw something that made me put on my 'never watch' list.
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, H.A.T.E. Christian Bale.

4 years ago

well, you are not missing much, still...i'm curious as to why you don't like Bale.

4 years ago

I think he is a great actor .Why do you hate him though?

4 years ago

Well I just don't feel he has a good acting way. Especially when he was Batman. Dear GOD! He was the WORST choice EVER! Whenever he spoke I just wanted to shove red hot pokers in my ears so I wouldn't have to listen to that ever again. I also find him pretentious and an ass.

But that's me. If you like him, then feel free to watch him. I am not the person to stop you.

4 years ago

You are right, it's just you. :p

View attached image.
4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

I'm not judging. Everyone has the right to his opinion.

4 years ago

You mean, this?

4 years ago

4 years ago

(500) Days of Summer (2009)

Good movie. Don't have much more to say than that. I enjoyed it.

4 years ago

I watched the Andre The Giant documentary film. It was great! But it also made me sad. Awesome dude, wish he was around longer.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Hereditary (2018)

Gripping story, great acting. Was a bit slow at the beginning, but not later on. Quite a few scary scenes. Nice effects.

4 years ago

Its a great entry into modern day horror genre that doesnt go by the same recipe. Really holds the unease and thrilling atmosphere through out the movie..
But the ending didnt do it for me. Was disappointed with it.. Felt kind of detached from rest of the movie..

4 years ago

True. The ending was a bit underwhelming.
I mean he's now possessed by Paimon, a pretty highly ranked king of hell. And they're ending the movie with some naked people telling the kid "hey, you're him now. hail you and shit like that" and that's it? Would've expected a bit more hellishness.

4 years ago

Manila in the Claws of Neon (1975) My experience of Filipino movies is limited to snippets of bottom of the barrel horror flicks, so coming across Lino Brocka’s tale of lost love, total degradation and violence was quite a surprise.

4 years ago

The Wrestler (2009)

Watched it for the first time only a few months ago and watched it again now. Still as great!

4 years ago

+1 The Wrestler was a FANTASTIC movie.

4 years ago

Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

Yeah, no thanks. The first one was way better. This one seems to forget the first one for most of it. The main character from Pacific Rim (2013) never had a son and he even said he only had his adoptive daughter. But in this movie the son suddenly exists? What?
Story is pretty bad, a lot of plotholes.

If you wanna watch a Pacific Rim movie you should rewatch the first one rather than watching this one.

4 years ago

Hot Rod (2007)

Funny movie. Not very deep but it doesn't need to be. I was entertained.

4 years ago

A Letter to Three Wives (1949)

Good cast, good script, nice performances.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Midsommar (2019)

Great folk horror movie! Beautiful cinematography, good cast. Quite a few bloody scenes.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Avengers Endgame.
Nice. Not great. Nice

4 years ago

In the Shadow of the Moon (2019) Nothing groundbreaking but it's a fun watch ~7/10

4 years ago

Redcon-1. Kind of like 28 Days Later except with zombies that can think.

And just like 28 Days Later, it was not good. But I still sat through it.
Edit- I would like to amend this as I didn't have time before work to see the last 20 minutes. The ending was just plain beautiful. Especially with the choice of music. So I'd give it a good 4/10.
Edit 2- Heres the music it played. SO beautiful.

4 years ago*

Stalker
As the name suggests it's the/one of the inspirations for the Stalker series. The movie is much more philosophical though. Pretty good, a bit too lengthy though. 7/10

Never Let Me Go
Somehow I've seen The Island multiple times but managed to miss the existence of this movie. Not a perfect movie but it offers a disturbing perspective. 7/10

Kong: Skull Island
So boring. So fucking boring. 5/10

The Way Way Back
One of the better coming-of-age movies. Earnest, pure and entertaining. 8/10

Mission: Impossible - Fallout
With the last two MI movie the stories became a bit too confusing for their own good. The technical aspects are incredible though. It was a blast to hear Fallout with my new sound system! 8/10

Rough Night
Better than I was made to believe. And Zoë Kravitz is developing into a real crush, step by step. 6/10

The Thing
Another horror classic done and I'm just as disappointed as I was by Jaws. For the very same reasons. 5/10

Pitch Perfect 3
They kept the shitty humor and dropped everything else that made the first movie such a sweet experience. 5/10

Snow Cake
Reminds me of The Way Way Back, further above on the list, it's also about weird but valuable friendships. I like this one even more, the rating is identical though. 8/10

4 years ago*

Spider-Man: Far from Home 6.5/10

4 years ago

In 1,5h I will watch "Joker" but yesterday I watched X-Men: Dark Phoenix 7/10

4 years ago

Batman Begins. Not as good as I thought it would be.

4 years ago

Sky Crawlers. An anime movie no one cares about but I remembered it was something I felt for after having watched years ago. Actually it gave me a fresh impression. Probably I was too young to understand the hidden theme behind intense aerial battles and beautiful landscapes last time. Now I can feel it and put into words. I wrote a long review after watching.

4 years ago

Joker. It was actually a really good movie. Can't wait for the home release.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

joker

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.