Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Spider-Man: Far From Home
6.5/10 cheesy teen love sprinkled all through(not my cup of tea).If you've read half a Spider-Man comic you will see the only twist far before it comes. Only redeeming factor is not seeing Tobey Maguire as Spider-man haha. CGI is good.

4 years ago

Hey HouseOfBalloons
I distinctly remembering an actual horror movie that had a similiar premise to Don't be afraid of the dark.
the mom and her two kids, whenever they were getting low on light sources in their haunted house, dark demonic versions of themselves would appear and try to convince them to turn off the light 'fight fire with fire' and at the very end of the movie the mom (separated from her kids) turns off her light source and gets massacred. While the two kids barely make it out of the house alive and into the morning rising sun.

last actual movie i've seen recently... Spider Man's Multiverse on netflix. its ok I guess. I'm sick n tired of these comic book movies though. Hurr Durr its a reboot, hurr durr its universe who gives a damn version.

4 years ago

Dark Passage (1947)

Pretty cool noir with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Great story, amazing cast. And interesting way to tell the story. ~Also you don't see Bogart's full face in the first hour of the movie. It's either obscured, not shown or shot in first person. If you've ever wanted to BE Humphrey Bogart, give this movie a try.

4 years ago

Dunkirk (2017)

Watched it for the first time a few months ago and it still has stunning visuals and the story is very compelling even on a second watch.

4 years ago

Straight Time (1978)

Gem of a crime drama! Way too underappreciated for how good it is! And that cast! Dustin Hoffman, Gary Busey, Harry Dean Stanton, M. Emmet Walsh, Kathy Bates and more! Interesting story, too.

4 years ago

Indiana Jones and the last crusade (1989)

4 years ago

+1 Classic. I just hope you didn't get lost in your own museum.

4 years ago

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)

I don't know why it worked, it didn't really have a plot. But it definitely worked and it's a beautiful movie.

4 years ago

Joker, pretty awesome movie :D

4 years ago

Agree!

View attached image.
4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 9 months ago.

4 years ago

Jigoku (1960)

Japanese horror drama from 1960. Preeeeetty gorey. Especially for that time.

4 years ago

How the Office Boy Saw the Ball Game (1906)
Good, nothing too special.

The Barnyard Battle (1929)
Funny Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Métamorphoses (1912)
Great effects for the time.

Modern Sculptor (1908)
Pretty good effects as well.

The Frog (1908)
Nice.

Going to Bed Under Difficulties (1900)
Very funny.

La colonne de feu (1899)
Not bad.

4 years ago

Joker.
Quite a crazy movie, reminds me a bit of The Watchmen (what with both being R-Rated comic movies). A bit too disturbing at points for my taste, and there are certainly a few things that could have been done better, but overall I thought it was a fantastic movie that really stood out in the sea of overly-safe often big-budget junk Hollywood produces these days.

4 years ago

4 years ago

+1. I LOVE that movie.

4 years ago

I like it too. High 5!

4 years ago

The VVitch (2015)

Pretty good movie, getting darker towards the end.

4 years ago

Stan & Ollie (2018)

Heartfelt tribute to two giants of comedy. Very well written script, great casting.

4 years ago

Vormittagsspuk (1928)

It's a german dadaistic film. It's good for what it is.

4 years ago

2 days ago I watched the new Joker film and I can really recommend it. It's not an action movie, it shows character development and how Joker was "created". I really enjoyed it and I don't understand why some people says it's too brutal or something. There were maybe 2 scenes which were for adults (because of brutality) and the rest of the film wasn't that bloody.

4 years ago

I really want to watch it
from what i heard of its director, he lost interest in hollywood, after some not so successful comedy films.
he makes irreverent movies, at least thats how he describes his career
and he is openly against woke and cancel culture
i would say, he suffered more from critics and media perception of him, than the film itself.
to an almost exaggerated extent, considering that it doesn't look any less appropriate for kids than some DC animation out there, that feature sex and violence

4 years ago

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

Good movie, feels like just a few more episodes of the show. (But then again it could've also just been a 3 episode mini-series and it would've been as good if not better than it's now.)

4 years ago

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Still as good as when I watched it 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Breathless (1960)

A masterpiece of french cinema, but I feel like I didn't enjoy it as much as I should've. Maybe I'll like it more when I'll eventually watch it again.

4 years ago

Hey, it's okay not to like Godard :D I find most of his movies an unbearable slog. (Though I like his thinking re film noir.)

4 years ago

Just got home from seeing Joker.
Wow, that was REALLY good. Phoenix was an excellent choice. His Joker felt like a cross between Ceasar Romero and Heath Ledger.

And I now see why people are decrying the movie over the gun violence and heavy mental illness usage. But, all in all, it was still a very good movie.
8/10

4 years ago

Central Intelligence (2016)

Stupid movie but entertaining. Kinda funny sometimes.

4 years ago

The Spook Who Sat by the Door (1973)

Low-budget and you can see it, but the performances are great. Very powerful movie, though.

4 years ago

Godmonster of Indian Flats

Not enough Godmonster. The movie is 1h 30min, including credits, and the Godmonster is not unleashed until after 1h 10min. It escapes, dances with a hippie girl, bumps over a petrol bump with its butt, scares some children and steals their hotdogs, and its captured. The end.

4 years ago

[insert wtf are you watching gif]

4 years ago

4 years ago

My condolences

4 years ago

The Joker, Joaquin's performance was mind blowing! 9/10

4 years ago