Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Thing 👍

3 years ago

hope you saw this one2

3 years ago

Yes. :)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Son of Godzilla (1967)

Japanese kaiju film. The Kamacuras (the mantis kaiju) and Kumonga (the spider kaiju) may have the best design of any kaiju I've seen up to this point. In strong contrast, Minilla has the cheesiest, most comedic character design and is generally just an annoying, silly character. This movie has got to be the worst one of the franchise so far IMHO. I guess at least it was kinda fun to make.

3 years ago

Pandorum - 6/10

3 years ago

Jaws 3-D 👎

3 years ago

K-PAX - 8/10

3 years ago

The Fountain - 6/10

3 years ago

Destroy All Monsters (1968)

Japanese kaiju film. Now this one is fun. Mainly because of the huge number of kaiju. We got Godzilla, Rodan, Anguirus, Gorosaurus, Mothra, Minilla, Manda, Kumonga, Baragon, Varan and King Ghidorah all in one movie! It's also the first that's not set around the time it was released. Because this one is set about 30 years into the future. So all these kaiju are put on one island and trapped there. And suddenly something happens and they break free. What a surprise. It's also the first time kaiju from the Godzilla franchise (and other kaiju films) are not just rampaging in some japanese city, but all around the world, with Godzilla for example being in New York and Rodan in Moscow. All in all this one was a lot better than the previous one. Definitely way more entertaining.
Funfact: This was at the time considered to be the last Godzilla films, but it was so successful, they just continued making more. Maybe they should've stopped there.

3 years ago*

Get Out (2017)

American horror film. Rewatched this one yesterday. Still such a good movie!

3 years ago

Coherence - 6/10

3 years ago

All Monsters Attack (1969)

Japanese kaiju film. Remember what I said about Son of Godzilla (1967)? This one is a lot worse than that one. Like A LOT. Definitely the worst one from the franchise, you can barely even call it a kaiju movie. The one upside is that it's also the shortest at just over 60 minutes. This was deliberately set out to be aimed at small children, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have even liked it as a kid. You could argue that it's not even really a Godzilla movie, considering the kaiju exist only in the kid's mind.

3 years ago

Donnie Darko - 7/10

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)

Japanese kaiju film. Now we're in the 70s. That means including this one there are only 5 movies left in the first (aka the Shōwa) era of Godzilla movies. And of course we get new kaiju. In this one we get Hedorah, a smog monster. And the whole movie features an environmentalist message, with Hedorah being a result of pollution. So yeah, I do like this one a lot, mainly because it got that message. Pollution. Sadly now even more timely than when this movie came out, 50 years ago.
So all in all I can actually recommend this one. It's a good Godzilla movie but also more than just that.

3 years ago

I don't know if others have told you this by now, but I enjoy these short and frequent reviews that you post occasionally. I don't watch every single movie that you review but I enjoy reading about them nonetheless. So thank you for that

3 years ago

Thank you! This message just absolutely made my day.
Yeah, I don't expect anyone to watch every movie I review, but if someone finds a movie through these that they haven't watched yet or didn't know about and they end up liking it, I'm absolutely happy with that.

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)

Japanese kaiju film. In this one we get so see a few already established kaiju again (Anguirus, who was actually the first ever kaiju we saw Godzilla fighting (in 1955's Godzilla Raids Again) and King Ghidorah (one of Godzilla's archenemies)) but also a new one, namely Gigan, an alien cyborg type of kaiju. This was also Haruo Nakajima's final time playing Godzilla (he was the guy in the Godzilla suit since the very first movie but he stopped working as an actor after that. He died in 2017 and if you've seen 2019's Godzilla: King of the Monsters you might have seen that it was dedicated to his memory.
It's always nice seeing new kaiju in the franchise, so this movie got that going for it. The human story is also interesting and with this one it's going less in a childish way, because Gigan actually draws blood from Godzilla making this the first time ever that you can see him bleed. Overall it's better than I expected, albeit not a lot.

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)

Japanese kaiju film. There are more new characters in this one, but the weirdest one might be Jet Jaguar, who's very heavily influenced by Ultraman. And he's not even a kaiju, but a mecha. The new kaiju in this movie is Megalon and his character design is really good! So all in all, the human story wasn't very good but we did get two interesting new characters with Megalon (who, and I can't stress this enough, looks very good) and Jet Jaguar (who, and I can't stress this enough either, looks very Ultraman). And yes, this is the one you've probably seen a GIF from. You know, the scene where Godzilla glides. That's from this movie.

3 years ago

3 years ago

The Animatrix - 6/10

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)

Japanese kaiju film. So here we finally get to maybe one of the most well-known kaiju in the franchise. Mechagodzilla. I, for one, have heard of that one as a kid, decades before I showed any real interest in Godzilla. But overall this one is not very good. Some nice fight scenes and interesting new kaiju (with Mechagodzilla and the god kaiju King Caesar), but that's pretty much it. The human story isn't great.

3 years ago

Soul - 8/10

3 years ago

The Week Of (2018) In my opinion this movie is way better than 5/10, i'm not a fan of comedy, this is one of the few movies that makes me laugh. "Out of the box" humor

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

Japanese kaiju film. Here it is. The final movie of the Shōwa era. And it's a fitting send-off. Not very good (like most of the Godzilla movies so far), but it doesn't really need to be. These movies are fun, mostly (apart from a few exceptions) without any deep message but with cool kaiju and nice effects. And that ending is just perfect. If you want to see the ending (doesn't give away any spoilers, but it's epic as fuck), here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1_-DomEDQ

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

The Return of Godzilla (1984)

Japanese kaiju film. First movie of the Heisei era. Godzilla is evil again. And honestly, I like that! And damn, if this movie doesn't scream 80s! It's both a sequel to the original movie and a reboot, ignoring everything that happened in the franchise after the original 1954 movie. It has an interesting premise. Being set in the age of the cold war and how russians and americans react to the threat of Godzilla. Definitely interesting to see a good old Godzilla story set in that time. Way better human story and overall a better movie than most of the previous ones. So yeah, this one's good. Watch it.

3 years ago

The Count of Monte Cristo - 8/10

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.