Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)

Japanese kaiju film. Like in the previous movie there are non-japanese characters. In the previous one there were russian and american people (each speaking just their own language but seemingly able to understand every other language too, without any translators), and here we got people from Saradia (a stand-in for Saudi-Arabia) and american people again. The story is good and is a direct follow-up to the events of the previous movie. Biollante (the new kaiju) has a really cool design, too.

3 years ago

3 years ago

3 years ago

His House (2020)

British horror thriller film. Rewatched this one yesterday. One of my favourite horror movies of last year.

3 years ago

binged a couple last night ..
that´s the only one that stuck

edit: completely forgot the night before - Tom Hanks on point, mindblowing female lead;
this one´s a bit tricky, still watchable + one should

3 years ago*

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)

Japanese kaiju film. So here people from the future time travel back to before Godzilla got turned into Godzilla aka 1944 when the radiation from the atombomb changed a dinosaur that somehow lived there into Godzilla. So now Godzilla isn't a threat anymore. But the people from the future leave three little aliens at the site and through the radiation of the bomb they fuse into... you guessed it. King Ghidorah! So now we somehow have to get Godzilla back to fight King Ghidorah. And we manage to do that and he defeats King Ghidorah. But now Godzilla is destroying Tokyo. What now? So the people from the future send a Mecha-King Ghidorah back in time to fight Godzilla. And who's good now and who's bad? It's all a bit convoluted and confusing. The movie was just too short for all that happened in it. But the most unrealistic thing in the whole movie is when an american soldier says "looks like that island needs some scientists and not some american military people". Oh, and there's a little easter egg where two soldiers in 1944 witness the spaceship from the future and one of them asks the other if they should report it or not. And the other one replies something along the lines of "Litte green men? Nobody would believe us. Just tell your son about it when he's born, Major Spielberg." Kinda cheesy, but okay.

3 years ago*

The Call (2020). Just try it without looking up a lot about it. Personally a 4/5 movie for me

3 years ago

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992)

Japanese kaiju film. The beginning is very Indiana Jones. To the point where they've clearly been inspired. Some guy finds a little golden statue but taking it away activates lots of traps. Apart from the return of Mothra we also get a new kaiju called Battra who in the movie is also called a "kuroi mosura", literally a black Mothra. So as some of you might've guessed by now. It's Mothra's evil counterpart. And at the beginning (when they're both larvae) they're fighting each other. Even when they both change into their true selves, but they also fight against Godzilla. In the end they team up to defeat Godzilla and Battra sacrifices itself, making this the only movie he appeared in. A shame, because the design looks really good. Overall this movie is more magical and kid-friendly again, but better than the movies from the Showa era.

3 years ago

1917 (2019)

It wasn't the best war film I've ever watched but I liked it which is because of two reasons. First one is it being a WWI film which you don't see many examples of. War films generally focus on either WWII or later wars. Second is film having only a single cut during its' entire duration which is impressive. Of course there are more, but that single one is the only noticable one, rest are perfectly hidden.

3 years ago

And even that one noticable cut can be explained easily. You're experiencing the events of the movie like the main character. When he is hit in the helmet he blacks out and so does the audience. He doesn't know how much time has passed and neither do we. He blacks out and wakes up in what might feel like a few seconds. You just don't know how much time passes when you're blacked out.

3 years ago

Marauders 🤙

3 years ago

Godzilla (2014) - 7/10

3 years ago

I still gotta watch 13 other Godzilla movies until I get to that one. :D

3 years ago

haha, you brainwashed me into watching the Godzilla movies lol... i saw so many Godzilla reviews from you these days that i decided to watch atleast the new ones, so today King of monsters is on my watchlist :)

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)

Japanese kaiju film. More Mechagodzilla! And with Garuda, a highly weaponized vehicle, attached it even became Super Mechagodzilla. We also get to see Rodan again who somehow has an egg from which a Baby Godzilla emerges. But not a shitty one like Minilla. No, this is a real Godzillasaurus that later in the movie just leaves with Godzilla. The fights between Godzilla and Mechagodzilla and between Godzilla and Super Mechagodzilla respectively are pretty epic. The story isn't the greatest, but the fights are cool.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994)

Japanese kaiju film. Baby Godzilla is back, but this time a lot bigger and with a different name. Little Godzilla. Because compared to Godzilla he's still tiny. And let's not forget the elephant in the room. SpaceGodzilla. Looks like Godzilla, but a bit cooler. But story-wise, this movie might be the worst one of the Heisei era. I also found out that this was supposed to be 2,5 hours long at first but someone wanted it to be as long as all the other Godzilla movies from the Heisei era so they cut a LOT out. Might also explain why it's not that good.

3 years ago

Berlin Alexanderplatz (2020) - 9/10

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)

Japanese kaiju film. And here we got the final movie of the Heisei era. With 7 movies that era has a lot less than the previous Shōwa era with 15. So now about the movie. Was is as good a send-off to the Heisei era as Terror of Mechagodzilla was to the Shōwa era? In a way yes, but just continue reading this and you'll see what I mean. Just if you wanna read the spoiler, of course. We get to see Baby Godzilla/Little Godzilla again, but now it's just called Junior and is about half the size of Godzilla. Junior is killed by Destoroyah, Godzilla is having a (quite literal) meltdown, which releases so much radiation that it revives Junior who grows to full size, making it the next Godzilla! Destoroyah's design is also pretty cool. They could definitely design better looking kaiju in this era. Some of the best effects of the franchise so far, too.

3 years ago*

Blade Runner (1982). I saw the Final Cut version. First time I saw it I was too young to understand it properly. Now I do. What a movie, what a masterpiece of expression. A truly enjoyable philosophical drama with a very fitting soundtrack and immersive visuals/style.

3 years ago

Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999)

Japanese kaiju film. First movie of the Millennium era. And again, a reboot of/sequel to the original movie. Like The Return of Godzilla (1984) (which was the first movie of the previous era) before it, this one has a fairly good human story and ignores every movie from the franchise before it apart from the original 1954 one. The special effects are relatively good. Not great for a movie from 1999, but good for a Godzilla movie from 1999. If that makes sense. That UFO looks pretty good for what it is (it's the first kaiju in the franchise that's completely CGI) and so does Godzilla. Good soundtrack. Interesting new kaiju with Orga and the Millennian. Powerful ending. So yeah, this one is also good.

Some of you might be wondering why I didn't watch the american Godzilla (1998). I will. I'm just watching all japanese Godzilla movies first and then the three american ones.

3 years ago

Do yourself a HUGE favor and do NOT watch the 1998 american Godzilla. You will save yourself more than a few pissed off brain cells.

BUT, do not forget to watch teh three pasrt animated Godzilla movies Godzilla Planet of the Monsters. They were REALLY good.

3 years ago

I kinda already watched big parts of it when it first aired on german free-TV, around 20 years ago, so I'm still gonna watch it. I definitely remember it not being very good but I also watched Son of Godzilla and All Monsters Attack, so there's that. :D I think it'll be interesting to see it now and compare it to the others and see what exactly they did with it.
And I'm definitely gonna watch the animated ones. Already planned on that.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)

Japanese kaiju film. Not as good as I expected it to be. I mean the recipe for something good is definitely here. Giant bugs, black holes and of course Godzilla. But somehow all those parts in the end didn't make a good complete thing. The Meganulon and their queen Megaguirus are pretty well designed kaiju. The concept of sending Godzilla into another dimension using a black hole and then having the Meganulon arrive through that black hole is not bad either. But all together the movie is just not very good.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Godzilla: King of the Monsters - 5/10

3 years ago

Grave of the Fireflies (1988) - 10/10

3 years ago

+10! That was oe FANTASTIC movie.

And you do realize that it was based off actual events, right?

3 years ago

Yes, I read the wiki after watching the movie. This is a very sad story.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001)

Japanese kaiju film. I feel like this is the first real modern Godzilla movie. Here, Godzilla and kaiju in general are believed to be just legends because in that timeline the last time Godzilla attacked was 50 years ago and all the young people think those tales are just things old people say. Makes for a great premise already. Then you got very popular kaiju (King Ghidorah (first and only time King Ghidorah is a good guy), Mothra, Baragon) fighting against Godzilla (~who is truly evil this time), a really good script, great special effects, interesting characters and very epic reveal scenes of the kaiju. All of those together make this movie maybe the best one (after the original) so far. Didn't think I'd say this about a Godzilla movie after the last 23 but yeah, this one is absolutely worth watching. Right now it's without a doubt the second best Godzilla movie I have seen. You surely will enjoy this, even if you're not usually a fan of giant monster movies. Yes, the title might be cheesy, but the movie is all the better. Very watchable! Highly recommended!

Funfact: In the first two minutes they already talk about the fact that "a few years ago some big monster resembling Godzilla attacked New York" which is obviously a reference to the american Godzilla (1998). Didn't know it would even be acknowledged.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.