Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Werewolf Versus the Vampire Woman (1971)

2 years ago

butterfly effect for the Xth time :D

2 years ago

Prisoners of the Ghostland (2021)

American horror western film. It's a weird movie but then again, what did I expect with it being directed by Sion Sono? His first english-language film actually. So this brings Sion Sono's style to a lot more people, most of them obviously not being able to relate. That's why it's not rated higher. Because people aren't used to Sion Sono's weirdness. If you've seen some of his work before, though, you know what to expect and so did I. I actually enjoyed this movie. No, it's not Nic Cage's best movie (not even his best movie from 2021, considering he also made Pig (2021) which honestly should've been nominated for a few Oscars) but if you know what you're getting yourself into it's definitely a good movie. Can recommend!

2 years ago

Windfall (2022)

American thriller film. I think it's actually a good movie. Pretty much single-location and some of you might know how much I enjoy movies like that. Single-location, no more than 4 actors... yes, you can see that it was made during COVID times. But even with those limitations (or maybe just because) this is a really engaging thriller. I definitely enjoyed it. Maybe the ending came too abrupt, though. Could've been a bit longer. But overall recommended!

2 years ago*

The Dirty Dozen - 7/10

2 years ago

The Last Shift (2020)

American comedy-drama film. I liked this a lot, especially Richard Jenkins' acting (he's great in everything he's in) and the rest of the movie was also good. It's a slow burner, that's for sure, but it's definitely a good way to spend 90 minutes. But the ending came too early. I could've watched this for another half hour or so. Like this the movie isn't as good as it could've been, even with good performances by a talented cast.

2 years ago

Saving Private Ryan - 8/10

2 years ago

Kelly's Heroes - 7/10

2 years ago

After Yang (2021)

American science fiction drama film. This could be described as a low-budget sci-fi movie with a big idea. It's one of those slow-burning indie sci-fi movies (iykyk) so if you're a fan of that type of movie, you'd know what you're in for. It's very thought-provoking, makes you think about family, about the future, about death, about what might or might not come after death, stuff like that. So yeah, while I really think this might not be very interesting to the casual moviegoer I can recommend it for everyone else. If you want what's basically a Black Mirror story but slower paced and with more existential dread, go for it! Also decent performances by a good cast (Colin Farrell, Jodie Turner-Smith, Justin H. Min and more) and beautiful cinematography. Recommended!

2 years ago

Just finished watching Wrath of Man and that was very good!

2 years ago

Dune (2021)

American epic science fiction film. Rewatched it yesterday. It doesn't come across as well if it's not on the big screen but beyond that the movie is still great. It's just so much better than the 1984 version in every single way. Dune is truly this generation's Star Wars and I hope they'll adapt everything they can in this universe. Can't wait for Part 2 next year. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

Restrepo - 8/10

2 years ago

Dream House (2011)

American psychological thriller film. It's one of those nice mystery thrillers with a twist. Could've been written better, but like this it's still entertaining. Good cast with Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts and more.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Korengal - 7/10

2 years ago

Armadillo - 7/10

2 years ago

Minamata (2020)

American-Japanese biographical drama film. Very good movie based on the real story of American photographer W. Eugene Smith who travelled to Japan to document Minamata disease and and its effect on the local population, going against a powerful company with only his camera. It's a powerful movie. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Gallipoli - 7/10

2 years ago

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you thought Antlers was a god awful disaster. Like I said it was.

2 years ago

The Infinite Man (2014)

Australian science fiction film. A fun little indie flick, pretty much single-location (and some of you might know how much I love single-location movies), taking place in an old motel complex in the middle of nowhere and a few scenes set at a beach, also in the middle of nowhere. It's about Dean, a scientist who wants to relive a romantic weekend with his girlfriend Lana. But then they're interrupted by Lana's ex-boyfriend Terry. Now Dean tries to fix things by going back in time. We see so many versions of the three characters throughout the movie and even scenes from multiple different angles (depending on where another version of one of the characters is seeing something from). It can get a bit complicated knowing who's who because the different versions are interacting with each other a lot, so I think I'll have to watch this again at some point. But overall it's very fun and definitely something I can recommend. Might be something of a hidden gem even.

2 years ago

Death on the Nile 2022 - 6/10

2 years ago

2 years ago

The Great White Silence (1924)

English documentary film. It's about the Terra Nova Expedition from 1910 to 1913 led by Captain Robert Falcon Scott who wanted to be the first people to reach the geographic South Pole. Among them they had expedition photographer and cinematographer Herbert Ponting, who managed to take some of the most fascinating footage of animal life on and around the ice (penguins, seals, orcas, skuas) at the time and stunning photos of glaciers and other stuff now long gone. This is genuinely a great documentary and it's very well worth your time, even after almost 100 years after it was originally released. If you know anything about this topic you also know that Roald Amundsen was faster and managed to reach the South Pole 34 days earlier and then Scott and the rest of the few men who travelled there with him actually died and that's also a part of this documentary, although Ponting wasn't there with them. But yeah, highly recommended!

2 years ago

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - A surprisingly good and entertaining newer western movie. It's basically comprised of 6 different stories put together into a film.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.