Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Kiss in the Tunnel (1899)

British short silent comedy film. The camera is on rails and moves towards a tunnel where another train just came out. Then it cuts to what's supposed to be a train compartment where a couple are sitting across from each other. The gentleman takes off his hat and kisses the lady gently. He repeats that a few times and then we cut to a shot of our "train" exiting the tunnel. It's just a cute short film under 2 minutes long but for 1899 it's pretty good. Watched this yesterday but I was in the hospital so I couldn't write it down here.

2 years ago

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

American action-adventure comedy film. Not a big fan of this one. I know that I'm not the target audience for this movie but I usually still find a few things to enjoy with movies even when I'm not the target audience for them. Here... idk. I thought I'd at least like Jim Carrey's acting, but not really. The acting all around isn't great. The story isn't that good either. I like a few of the nods to the game(s) but maybe it's because I've never been a huge Sonic fan (although I have played some of them of course) so there's not that much nostalgia behind it. Sonic doing the floss is also horrible. I do have some hope for the sequel to be a bit better but I gotta say, I'm not a fan of this one. On the other side, I just came home from the hospital so some light entertainment like this was definitely the thing to go for. Still doesn't make it a good movie, though.

2 years ago

The Big Red One - 6/10

2 years ago

Old Dogs (2009)

American comedy film. Fun movie. Sure, it's kind of a low-brow comedy but if that's what you're after this is spot on. Great cast (John Travolta, Robin Williams, Kelly Preston, Matt Dillon, Bernie Mac, Rita Wilson, Seth Green and more), good story. Overall a silly comedy but an entertaining one.

2 years ago*

Brainstorm (1983)

American science fiction film. A couple of researchers develop a system where they can jump into people's minds and experience something they've experienced. Like a rollercoaster ride, having sex with a supermodel or driving your car off a cliff. But also pain and death, as we can see when one of the researchers records herself dying from a heart attack. But of course with technology like that who wants a piece of it? Yep, the government. The device is corrupted into a diabolical mind control, brainwashing torture tool, so the research scientists attempt to sabotage and destroy it. In the end, through this device we can see the afterlife, we see hell but we also see heaven. Really good cast (Christopher Walken, Natalie Wood, Louise Fletcher, Cliff Robertson and more) delivering very good performances (especially Louise Fletcher, who you might know as Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975), for which she also won an Oscar so we know she can act!). Great visual effects (but then again the great Douglas Trumbull directed this and he was responsible for the VFX on movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) and Blade Runner (1982), so that's not too much of a surprise). Definitely more of an experience than a heavily story-driven movie but still absolutely worth the watch. It's beautiful, it's disturbing, it's fascinating all at once. Highly recommended!
Of course you also gotta mention that this turned out to be Natalie Wood's final movie after her mysterious death during a production break. This movie is dedicated to her.

2 years ago*

Wanted to see some braindead movies to distract a bit from writing my thesis, so I watched The Bubble and Red Notice.
These movies aren't good but I'm glad that movies like these exist and unlike some other Netflix movies these were at least enjoyable, can't say the same about Thunder Force for example which is just bad.

2 years ago

If you wanted to watch something brain dead, then you should have watched this.

2 years ago

More like this.

2 years ago

Except that Brain Dead was the English title and Dead Alive was the US one, And that one you can NOT watch unless it's the unrated version. The rated version is missing WAY too much.

2 years ago

Eh, I'm neither so I use both titles interchangeably. And both times I've watched it I've watched the unrated version. But I can see that they would cut out a lot. Why even try to make a rated version then?

2 years ago

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

All I have to say is: bruh/10

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

The Guns of Navarone - 6/10

2 years ago

The Ringu. Man was it terrible. I really wanted to like it too.

2 years ago

The Personal History of David Copperfield (2019)

British-american comedy-drama film. Maybe you've read David Copperfield in school, maybe you watched one of the 13 earlier film/tv adaptations. Or maybe, like me, you've didn't. And for that reason you didn't know that this adaptation wasn't very true to the novel. But it's a lot of fun nevertheless. Great cast (Dev Patel, Tilda Swinton, Hugh Laurie, Ben Whishaw, Gwendoline Christie, Peter Capaldi, Benedict Wong, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Paul Whitehouse and more) delivering very good performances. Don't wanna say too much about the plot itself but if you know David Copperfield maybe don't watch this. If you don't, definitely do. It's beautiful, it's whimsical, it's fun, it's entertaining. It just doesn't stick too close to the source material, it seems.

2 years ago*

Under the Skin (2013)

British science fiction thriller film. It recently got voted the best british movie from the 21st century, and because I never really knew what it was about (I knew of it, just was never tempted enough to watch it) I decided to check it out today. It's a slow-burner, full of atmosphere. Scarlett Johansson was great in this movie, I might even say this was her best one yet. I really don't want to write too much, considering more people who haven't seen it yet might be eager to watch now, so I'll just say: Go in blind, expect a slow-burner and you'll be treated to a great british movie. The best one since the year 2000? You'll just have to find out for yourselves.

2 years ago

Death on the Nile (2022)
Kenneth Branagh's Poirot grows on me. There are a few dialogue lines and a couple of scenes that aren't that great, but overall it's an entertaining movie.

2 years ago

Metal Lords (2022)

American teen comedy-drama film. I didn't expect too much from this, but I was pleasently surprised. It'a a lot of fun, the soundtrack is amazing, it has some really cool cameos and the story, despite being not that original, is all around just entertaining. I can say that I genuinely enjoyed this, it's a solid fun movie. I can definitely recommend this.

2 years ago

Cidade de Deus - 9/10

2 years ago

The Gumball Rally (1976)

American comedy film. Cool cars, lots of racing, entertaining story and it's funny. What more do you want from this kind of movie? Definitely recommended!

2 years ago

In Russian cinemas, you can now watch only Kashchei the Immortal (1944). The film was made in opposition to the German Die Nibelungen: Siegfried and promoted intolerance towards national and racial hatred.
Unintentional trolling on Putin:)

2 years ago

La haine - 8/10

2 years ago

Just finally got around to seeing "It Follows" that was about 2 days ago or so for a date night with my girlfriend

2 years ago

The last two movies I watched were The Northman and Everywhere Everything All At Once. Both amazing films!

2 years ago

where did you see the northman? where?! where?!?!?!

Seriously talking now, it's probably the movie that I want to watch the most right now.

2 years ago

I saw it at AMC Boston Common at an advance screening. Follow twitter and movie sites for these early screenings

2 years ago

Shine (1996)

Australian biographical psychological drama film. Very good movie based on the life of David Helfgott, a pianist who suffered a mental breakdown and spent years in institutions. The main character is played by Geoffrey Rush. For him this was his breakthrough role as well as the one that earned him his Oscar. He was truly phenomenal in this movie so I'm not very surprised. The supporting cast includes Armin Mueller-Stahl, Noah Taylor, Lynn Redgrave, John Gielgud and more. So yeah, I can highly recommend this movie!

2 years ago

The Batman.
Had everything I wanted from a Batman movie.

2 years ago

Sörensen hat Angst (2020)

German comedy crime drama film. Watched this yesterday evening. It's about Chief Inspector Sörensen, who has a anxiety disorder. So because he wants to get some peace and quiet in his job he transfers from Hamburg to the small town of Katenbüll. But the first day he arrives there the mayor is murdered. Very entertaining movie, funny but also pretty serious the further you get into it. Good performances, especially by Bjarne Mädel who played the main character and also directed this movie. Yes, it's a german tv movie but it's very good. Definitely one that I can recommend. If you can even find it outside of Germany, which might be the hardest part for most of you. But it's on Netflix Germany, so if you really wanted to watch it, you could probably do so with a VPN.

2 years ago*

The Kid (1921)

American silent comedy-drama film. Chaplin is great of course, but Jackie Coogan's performance was also amazing, especially for a 6 year old (the production was completed in 1920). Beautiful story, too. Overall I do belive this is a masterpiece. And still absolutely worth the watch, even after over 100 years!

2 years ago

I love this movie. It's brilliant for so many reasons and btw, famous for being the first full blown tragicomedy seen on film. Ground breaking in its time.

2 years ago

Wild Tales (Spanish: Relatos salvajes), 2014 Spanish-language black comedy anthology film. Good shit.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.