Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Where Eagles Dare - 7/10

2 years ago

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (1967)

American musical comedy film. Very good movie! It's about a window cleaner with a book that teaches him all about how to succeed in business. And boy, does it work. He rapidly climbs the career ladder. It's really entertaining and fun to watch. And for a 2 hour movie it was also paced pretty well, went by faster than I expected. Starring the great Robert Morse (who sadly passed away a few days ago), Michele Lee, Rudy Vallée and many more. Overall, if you don't mind musicals, I can definitely recommend this to you.

2 years ago

Zodiac (2007)

American mystery thriller film. Rewatched this yesterday. I forgot how great this movie is. Last time I watched it was about 8 years ago so it's been a while. Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr., Chloë Sevigny, John Carroll Lynch and many more in the cast. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it already!

2 years ago

Tales from the Hood - 7/10

2 years ago

The Witches Of Eastwick (1987)

American dark fantasy-comedy film. Good movie. Great cast (Cher, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pfeiffer as the main characters and Jack Nicholson as the main antagonist, other recognizable faces like Veronica Cartwright,
Richard Jenkins and Carel Strucyken and more). Very good performances, too. Underrated John Williams score (when does this one ever come up when talking about John Williams' work?), good special effects (apart from the acting those two categories got the most recognition at award shows back then). Overall a very entertaining movie, bit darker at times than expected. Definitely something I can recommend if you haven't seen it already.

2 years ago

Ambulance - 7/10

2 years ago

Uncharted - 6/10

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Danny Collins (2015)

American comedy-drama film. It's about an aging rock star (Danny Collins, played by Al Pacino) who cannot give up his hard-living ways. On his birthday his manager gifts him an old, handwritten letter by John Lennon, addressed to him. For Danny Collins this changes everything. Great cast (Al Pacino, Annette Bening, Jennifer Garner, Bobby Cannavale, Christopher Plummer and more), delivering very good performances. Definitely an entertaining movie overall, can recommend.

2 years ago

The Pirates of Penzance (1983)

British-American romantic musical comedy film. The best thing about this musical is that some of the actors actually have great singing voices. Then there's a lot of silly comedy, which might make this one a pretty divisive movie. I gotta say I enjoyed it. Feels a bit cheaply made, but that's part of the charme I guess. Good cast (mostly Kevin Kline, Angela Lansbury, Linda Ronstadt, Rex Smith and George Rose), most of which (apart from Angela Lansbury) reprised their roles from the broadway production that ran a few years earlier. Also, there's one song called "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General" which is from the 1879 comic opera The Pirates of Penzance from which this movie is adapted from. And it sounded so familiar I had to google and as it turns Tom Lehrer's famous Elements song is based on this one. And another thing I take away from this: Angela Lansbury already played older women 40 years ago. So overall I'm not sure I can really recommend this movie for everyone, but I liked it.

EDIT: Another interesting bit of trivia. This movie was released simultaneously in theaters and on subscription television. For that reason it was boycotted and flopped. So this kind of simultaneous theatrical and home release isn't as new as we thought.

2 years ago*

Mars Attacks! - 7/10

1 year ago

1 year ago

Between Worlds (2018)

American supernatural thriller film. Okay, yeah. This one wasn't very good. It's not as bad as one might think but it's not good either. Somewhere in the middle. That's all I'm gonna say about this movie.

1 year ago

Mid90s (2018)

American coming-of-age comedy-drama film. It really feels like you're just there. Apart from a few people not a very well-known cast but that definitely helps with this kind of movie. It has a similar vibe to The Florida Project but with skating teenagers. Overall maybe not the most original movie but so entertaining and fun to watch! Highly recommended.

1 year ago

Melvin and Howard (1980)

American comedy-drama film. This one was inspired by real-life Utah service station owner Melvin Dummar, who was listed as the beneficiary of $156 million in a will allegedly handwritten by (business magnate, investor, record-setting pilot, engineer, film director, philanthropist and during his lifetime one of the most influential and financially successful individuals in the world) Howard Hughes (maybe you've seen The Aviator (2004). Yes, that guy.) that was discovered in the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City. It's a good movie, focusses more on the people than on the circumstances. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Kingdom of Heaven - 8/10

1 year ago

Lamb (2021)

Icelandic folk horror film. Hmm... there's not as much horror in this as I hoped there would be, but it's still very good. More atmospheric than super shocking. Definitely unique. I won't say anything else about this movie, considering it's still pretty new but I can recommend this. If you like slow-burning stuff like that.

1 year ago

Boogie Nights - 7/10

1 year ago

The Witch (2015)

American-canadian period supernatural horror film. Rewatched it yesterday and it's still really good. If you haven't seen it already (or maybe wanna rewatch other Eggers stuff now that The Northman is out), definitely watch this.

1 year ago

Love that movie. Love the ending

1 year ago

Kung Fu Hustle (2004)

Hong Kong action-comedy film. It's part Looney Tunes and part a genuinely great martial arts movie. It has so many influences, from gangster movies to anime to wuxia films. Referencing so many movies. Gone with the Wind, The Shining, The Blues Brothers, Spider-Man, The Untouchables, The Godfather, Matrix, Raging Bull and so many more. This was an amazing, extremely entertaining movie which I can really just highly recommend. If you haven't seen it yet, get on it right away!

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Shape of Water and No Country for Old Men were two absolutely FANTASTIC movies. If you also want to see something fantastic with Tommy Lee Jones in it from the same year, I HIGHLY recommend In the Valley of Elah.

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

The Long Good Friday - gangsters and Thatcherism. Loved that one.

1 year ago

Ambulance
8/10
I really enjoyed this one.

Snake Eyes GI Joe Origins
5/10
It was ok. It was pretty slow and a bit boring but it wasn't awful. I would never watch it again.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Missed one
The Collector 1965

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

ted 2 and spider man spider man into the spider verse

1 year ago

The Merchant of Four Seasons (1972) - it's Fassbinder, so it doesn't end well.
Dersu Uzala (1975) - Adventures in Siberia. Amazing, extraordinary and totally unique.

1 year ago*

Robert Pattison's Batman. There was no need to make this movie. It was a Yawn fest for me and totally meh.
You won't miss out on anything if you don't watch this movie.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.