Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

Naboer (2005)
wiki
Heard it's apartment horror. Norwegian psychological thriller. Definitely NSFW and not a film to watch with the family&kids.
Lasts about 1 hour and it may have flown under the radar, but if you like the genre it's solid work.

1 year ago

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)

American drama film. Great cast (Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, Jonathan Pryce and more) delivering stunning performances but with a cast like that that's no surprise. You might think that a movie about real estate agents trying to sell real estate might be boring but this one is absolutely fascinating. Great movie! Highly recommended!

1 year ago

The Gentlemen (2019)

Only seen The Man from U.N.C.L.E.and Snatch from Guy Ritchie before, I definitely need to get to his other classics.
It was a ton of fun! Had amazing acting on amazing acting, plus had Colin Farrel which is like an instant win in my book, love him! :D

1 year ago

Operation Mincemeat - 6/10

1 year ago

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)- 6/10

1 year ago

Top Gun (1986)

American action drama film. Of course not the greatest acting ever, but for an entertaining action movie with quick fighter jets you don't necessarily need that. So for what it is it's definitely good. If you just want some entertainment, go watch this if you haven't already. I have a feeling that I'm gonna prefer the sequel which I'm watching at the cinema later but mostly because of the atmosphere. Those sounds and all probably just come across better with a great sound system like a cinema has it.

1 year ago

Moonfall........... A horrible, horrible.......... Horrible history.

1 year ago

The Lost City - 5/10

1 year ago

Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

American military action drama film. Watched this yesterday at the cinema. It was better than expected. Watching it on a cinema screen was definitely part of that. Very good action and everything. Of course it's a popcorn movie but if you just want something fun and entertaining that gets you in a good mood, this is it. I actually think it's as good as the original, if not better. And if you haven't seen the original this one would also work on its own mostly. Can recommend. At the cinema if you can.

1 year ago

Body Parts (1991)

American body sci-fi horror film. It's good! Starring Jeff Fahey, Brad Dourif and more. It's about a guy who loses an arm in an accident. He gets a new one transplanted and after a few weeks it's even better than the old one. But then it starts doing things that he doesn't want to do and he's starting to have nightmares. He finds out that his arm belonged to a violent serial killer who got executed on the operation table. And he soons finds out that he wasn't the only patient who got a body part from this serial killer. Some nice gory scenes, good performances, overall a good movie. Recommended!

1 year ago

Dracula (1958)

British gothic horror film. The legendary Sir Christopher Lee would've turned 100 today, so in his honour I've watched this movie. Despite of course being basically the same thing I still feel like it's a lot different to other adaptations of the novel (official or otherwise). It's definitely worth watching.

1 year ago

1 year ago

The Water Man (2020)

American drama film. David Oyelowo's first feature film as a director. It's about a young boy who moved to a new town with his parents. His mom is suffering from leukaemia and he would do anything to save her. Likeable characters, good story, but overall more for young audiences. Not really my cup of tea but if you got kids around the age of the main character here (he's 11 btw) this would be a good movie to watch with them. Watched this yesterday but forgot to post it.

1 year ago

Inside Man (2006)

American heist thriller film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still very good.

1 year ago

Everything Everywhere All at Once - 7/10

1 year ago

Tau (2018)

American science fiction thriller film. A single-location movie (and some of you might know how much I like those). Very cool visuals, really good story about a woman (Maika Monroe) being held captive by a scientist (Ed Skrein) in a futuristic smart house and used to train the AI that controls the house, called Tau (voiced by Gary Oldman). She starts reasoning with Tau to try and escape. It's quite fascinating to see the relationship between the AI turn from an act of manipulation to something different altogether. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

The Northman - 7/10

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

Something Wild (1986)

American action comedy romance film. Well, the great Ray Liotta passed away and in his honour I'm watching only his movies this week. This was only his second one (and the first one where he's playing a lead role). And he was already fantastic in it. It's about a young businessman (Jeff Daniels) who's life suddenly changes when he meets the sexy and free-spirited Lulu (Melanie Griffith). But when she takes him to her school reunion and her violent ex-convict husband Ray (Ray Liotta) shows up, things get out of hand. Definitely check out this movie, highly recommended!

1 year ago

Free Guy (2021)
From the trailer I was expecting it to be Mogworld but spoofing GTA instead of WOW with a more mainstream sense of humor but it ended up being more of a homage to the Truman Show for the crowd that grew up on MCU movies, still enjoyable even if the representation of video games as a medium is as surface level as they could get away with.

1 year ago

Identity (2003)

American neo-noir thriller film. What a cast! John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Clea DuVall, Jake Busey, Rebecca De Mornay, John C. McGinley, Alfred Molina, John Hawkes and more! All delivering really good performances. The movie is about ten strangers stranded at a roadside motel and they're being killed off one by one. They have to find out who the killer among them is, but that's not as easy as it seems. Fascinating story, very well paces. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
It was really cool and I enjoyed it, but I don't know why I didn't enjoy it like the first part, maybe the story is a bit shabby but it's worth watching in general

1 year ago

Narc (2002)

American neo-noir crime thriller film. Ray Liotta's performance stood out (as did Jason Patric's) and the story was also interesting. Overall I'm not a huge fan, though.

1 year ago*

Observe and Report (2009)

American black comedy film. It's not great. I mean it's a Seth Rogen comedy, it's fun but nothing to write home about. Starring Seth Rogen, Anna Faris, Michael Peña, Ray Liotta, Jesse Plemons, Aziz Ansari, Patton Oswalt and more. The story is kind of predictable but if you just want something to watch where you don't really have to think, this is it.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.