Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Putney Swope (1969)

American satirical comedy film. It's so surreal, I can't even really describe it. Genius, but surreal. Far ahead of its time. Definitely not for everyone, but I can recommend it.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

I made the mistake of watching Morbius because I wanted to watch a popcorn movie (that was some rotten popcorn!) and because I'm apparently developing masochistic tendencies, I then watched Venom: Let There be Carnage to try and get over how bad Morbius was... and it was even worse.

Now I'm going to have to find another movie to wash my brain from Venom...

1 year ago

Kenny Begins (2009)

Swedish comedy science fiction film. It's pretty silly but definitely enjoyable. Fun fact: In this movie there's an ice cream brand (but it's basically just ice, no flavours, just frozen water on a stick) called something like Clown Ice and their logo really looks a lot like Pennywise. This is interesting because one of the main characters is played by Bill SkarsgΓ₯rd, who of course later went on to play Pennywise in the new IT movies. Overall it's not as bad as I expected, I was definitely entertained. And sometimes that's all a movie needs to be. Entertaining. So yeah, I can absolutely recommend this, just don't expect anything great.

1 year ago

The Gate (1987)

Canadian-american supernatural horror film. It's just a fun 80s kids horror movie. Not too silly but also not overly horrifying. If I would've watched it back then I'm sure I would've loved it. I've watched it right now and I still enjoyed it a lot. Recommended!

1 year ago

The Gate II: Trespassers (1990)

Canadian-american horror film. Sequel to The Gate (1987). Surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would've been. Of course, as with a lot of these movies the main character from the first movie isn't part of this sequel. His family moved away. Kind of a lame explanation but what are you gonna do? Now the best friend is the main character in this one. He grew a bit older, got even more into demonology and as if he didn't learn anything from the events of the first movie he's summoning demons to get his alcoholic father's life back on track. This movie goes more in depth with the origin of the demons and they get more backstory. There's also some body horror in this sequel. Overall I'm surprised by how good it actually is. Might even be on par with the original. If you've watched that one and didn't even consider watching the sequel, you should change your mind and do so. Recommended!

1 year ago

Lucy (2014)

French science fiction action film. Why haven't I watched this one earlier? It's awesome. Very good performances, stunning visuals, cool action, great cast (Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman, Choi Min-sik, Pilou Asbæk and more). Scientifically it's nonsense, of course. We don't "only use 10% of our brain", that's bullshit. But apart from that it's a very good movie. Just ignore the scientific inaccuracies and enjoy this movie. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

The Northman (2022)

American epic historical fiction film. Rewatched this one yesterday, this time at the cinema. The movie definitely looks and sounds better there than it does at home. If you haven't seen it, watch it at the cinema.

1 year ago

Old (2021) and I Am a Hero (2015), quite liked them both a lot.

M. Night Shyamalan is either a hit or miss for me, but Old was very good.
And the other one was a great zombie flick compared to many other modern zombie movies. Had read parts of the manga before though.

1 year ago

International House (1933)

American comedy film. It's pre-Code, so of course you can expect it to be much more risquΓ© and overall better than if it was made under the Hays Code. Very wacky and funny movie with a great cast (W. C. Fields, Peggy Hopkins Joyce, Gracie Allen, George Burns, Rudy VallΓ©e, Cab Calloway, Bela Lugosi, Rose Marie and more). Only a bit over an hour long, though. But if you want to watch something funny and only got a bit more than an hour, this is it. Recommended!

1 year ago

Un Prophete / A Prophet πŸ‘

Gamer πŸ‘

1 year ago

1 year ago

"Trust no one: The hunt for the crypto king". Really good documentary.

1 year ago

Umma (2022)

American supernatural horror film. It's just not very good. Can't say more about it. Can't recommend it.

1 year ago

Morbius - 6/10

1 year ago

Above the Law πŸ‘

Escape from L.A. πŸ‘

1 year ago

Morbius (2022)

American superhero film. I feel like the character is very interesting but the movie didn't really get that across. Would really like to read the comics some time to compare. Because this movie isn't very good. The best thing about it is Vulture coming to this universe in the mid-credits scene through the same thing that got other Spider-Man villians there in NWH. But then, shortly after they did another mid-credits scene where Vulture and Morbius talk and it's really horribly written. Overall I can't really recommend this one. It's not as bad as people say but it's not much more than mediocre.

1 year ago

What Happened to Monday πŸ‘

Top Gun πŸ‘

1 year ago

Catwoman Hunted,

You know what? It was actually pretty good.

1 year ago

Hard to Kill πŸ‘

The Art Of War πŸ‘

The Lost City πŸ‘Ž

1 year ago

Baby Driver (2017)

British-american crime action film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still really good and a lot of fun. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

The Dirty Dozen (1967)

American war film. Great ensemble cast (Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Ernest Borgnine, John Cassavetes, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland, Jim Brown, George Kennedy, Trini Lopez and more). Pretty basic story. Overall I can't say I'm a big fan of this one.

1 year ago

The Contractor πŸ€™

Snowfall (S05) πŸ‘

Marked for Death πŸ€™

1 year ago

Life (2017)

American science fiction horror film. Good story (albeit not very original), good cast (Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Naoko Mori, Ryan Reynolds, Ariyon Bakare, Hiroyuki Sanada and more). Very good ending. I like when movies like this don't have a happy end. Overall I can recommend it, but it is dragging at some points.

1 year ago

Cinderella (1899)

French silent short drama film. Well, everyone knows Cinderella. This is the first film adaptation ever made of it. Not the best, but it's good for what it is. Also the first movie to use dissolves.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.