Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Sunshine (2007)

British science fiction psychological thriller film. Very good cast (Cillian Murphy, Rose Byrne, Michelle Yeoh, Chris Evans, Cliff Curtis, Hiroyuki Sanada, Benedict Wong and more) delivering great performances in this sadly underseen and underappreciated sci-fi movie. Script by Alex Garland (who went on to direct Ex Machina, Annihilation and most recently Men which he all wrote himself), directed by Danny Boyle (who directed Trainspotting and it's sequel, 28 Days Later, 127 Hours and more). So lots of talent associated with this movie. If you're a fan of sci-fi and you haven't seen this one yet, check it out! It's a great movie. Highly recommended!

6 days ago

Mayhem (2017)

American action comedy horror film. Steven Yeun and Samara Weaving in a movie with a very interesting premise (A virus spreads through an office complex causing white-collar workers to act out their worst impulses.) but not quite living up to its potential. It was fun and bloody and all that but I feel like it could've been even more so. At under 90 minutes it also felt a bit too short for me, could've explored its themes a bit more in another half an hour maybe. Apart from that it was definitely entertaining and fast-paced, so I can still recommend it.

5 days ago

Man of a Thousand Faces (1957)

American dark drama film. A biopic about the legendary Lon Chaney, played by the legendary James Cagney. Of course I had to watch this. As with any biopic this one isn't 100% factually correct, but it's still very entertaining. There's not much to say if you don't know about Lon Chaney and if you do you probably know his life already. But still, I can recommend this one.

4 days ago

The Unknown (1927)

American silent horror film. Well, having watched a biopic about Lon Chaney yesterday, why not watch an actual one of his movies today? This one was directed by Tod Browning (who's most famous maybe for directing Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi) and is considered the most unique and disturbing of the eight films that Tod Browning and Lon Chaney made together. It's about "Alonzo the Armless" (played of course by Lon Chaney), a circus performer who uses his feet to toss knives and fire rifles. But he's an imposter and actually has arms which he keeps tightly strapped to his torso. He's secretly in love with Nanon (Joan Crawford), the woman who he performs with, but so is Malabar (Norman Kerry), the circus strongman. And if I wrote anything more about the plot here it would contain spoilers because the movie isn't that long anyway. So yeah, it's a great movie with very good acting and even after over 90 years it's still kinda shocking. Highly recommended!

3 days ago

Messer im Kopf (1978)

West German drama film. Really good movie with great performances, especially by Bruno Ganz. Why it's called Messer im Kopf (Knife in the Head) even though it's about a guy who was shot in the head during a police raid and subsequently has to relearn everything, from walking to speaking and more, I do not understand. Overall it's kind of slow, so it might not be for everyone, but for a character-driven drama with great performances it's something I can highly recommend!

2 days ago

Dom Hemingway (2013)

British black comedyโ€“crime drama film. This one and Filth (2013) with James McAvoy would make for one hell of a double-feature. It's quite a mesmerizing movie. Great performance by Jude Law as a vulgar, filthy, nasty, foul-mouthed ex-con. Good supporting cast (Richard E. Grant, Emilia Clarke, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Demiรกn Bichir and more). So yeah, if you've seen Filth (2013) and are in the mood for something similar, watch this!

1 day ago

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

I've been watching the M:I movies since the 90's, and how is the sixth film in the franchise not only the best in the series, but IMO one of the best action movies ever made?

9/10

1 day ago

Interstellar (2014)

American-British epic science fiction film. Rewatched this yesterday and it's still a masterpiece.

14 hours ago

The Lost City (2022)

American action-adventure comedy film. This one is surprisingly entertaining and even funny at some points. Good cast (Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Brad Pitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Daโ€™Vine Joy Randolph). If you watch this as kind of a parody of the genre it's actually quite good. Silly, yes. But I feel like it's supposed to. So yeah, can recommend.

7 hours ago

Top Gun: Maverick 9/10

I really liked it

6 hours ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.