Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe - 6/10

1 year ago

The Angels' Share (2012)

British comedy-drama film. Nice little scottish movie about 4 young offenders who have to do community service and get taken under the wing of a middle-aged good-hearted guy who's somewhat of a whisky connoiseur. He introduces them to whisky and one of them, Robbie (who's also a new father), finds out he has a good nose for it. Then there's an auction of an old, rare cask of whisky coming up, so the 4 friends are planning a bit of a heist. Very fun movie, highly entertaining, very scottish. Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

Johnny Got His Gun (1971)

American drama anti-war film. It's suprisingly very similar to The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007) (which I watched 2 days ago), considering it's about a guy trapped inside his body. Though, unlike in that movie, in this one our main character was hit by an artillery shell in World War 1 and he's now a quadruple amputee who has also lost his eyes, ears, mouth and nose. But he remains conscious and able to reason so we get his point of view (although not as literal as with the other movie) thinking and panicking and everything. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007) isn't even a remake, even though it might seem if you don't know much about them. But this one's based on a Dalton Trumbo novel (who also directed the movie himself) and the other one is based on the memoirs of a guy who had an accident and was a prisoner in his own body, too. But all in all, yeah. Two movies about pretty much the same situation. Wouldn't have watched them this close to each other if I would've known. Well, overall this was a really good and powerful movie. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Wow. Read the book, didnt know there was a movie. Super depressing stuff.

1 year ago

Jurassic World Dominion (2022)

American science fiction action film. It's not great, but it's fun to see the old team again. It's good that they stopped with the hybrid dinosaur stuff, because that was kinda lame. The story was not bad but also not very good but if you just want to watch something where you can turn off your brain, this is it. The most memorable thing from this movie was probably the Ian Malcolm quote "Jurassic World? Not a fan.".

1 year ago*

The Saint. With Val Kilmer. Absolutely awful. LOVE IT. Love a bit of Val. Poor val got the throat cancer D:

1 year ago

Thor: Love and Thunder
I laughed a lot, so i think it was worth it 8.5/10

1 year ago

Jurassic World Dominion - 5/10

1 year ago

Extreme Job (2019)

South Korean action comedy film. A group of narcotics detectives are carring out undercover surveillance of an international drug gang. For that they use a rundown chicken restaurant, but soon their chicken recipe becomes extremely popular and the restaurant becomes the hottest spot in town. It's a very entertaining movie, hilarious but also action-packed. Maybe that's why it's the highest-grossing domestic movie of all time in South Korea. Overall this is just a very fun movie that I can definitely recommend.

1 year ago

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

American drama film. Rewatched this one yesterday and it's still a fantastic one. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it already.

1 year ago

Master (2022)

American psychological horror thriller film. It's a slow burner for sure, but a good one. Definitely also has some drama influences. Still kinda new, so I'm not gonna spoil anything but you could maybe compare the movie to Get Out (2017), although this one's not quite as good as that one. Still, I can recommend it.

1 year ago

The Age of Adaline (2015)

American romantic fantasy film. The movie begins in late 2014. We see Adaline Bowman at her job in the library, looking through a box of historical film reels. A voiceover talks about Adaline's life. How she was the first baby born in San Francisco on New Year's Day of 1908, how she grew up, married, had a daughter, how her husband died in a tragic accident during the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge in 1937. Ten months later, Adaline crashed her car when she swerved into a ravine during a snowstorm and died in the freezing lake nearby, but a lightning strike suddenly revived her. From that moment on, Adaline has stayed 29 years old. Over the years, people notice how young she looks and she just explains it away with good genes and face creams but in the early 50s the FBI becomes aware of her and she realizes that she has to be on the run from now on. Every decade she changes her name and moves somewhere else. So, back to the present. Adaline is Jennifer Larson now and is already working on changing her identity again but at a New Year's party she meets someone and they fall in love. What should she do now? Things get even more complicated when she meets the man she almost married 50 years ago. Overall a sweet movie with a good cast (Blake Lively, Michiel Huisman, Ellen Burstyn, Harrison Ford and more). Can recommend.

1 year ago

I Live In Fear (1955)

Japanese drama film. Very good Kurosawa drama based on people's fears in post-Hiroshima Japan. Mainly one 70 year old (played by a 35 year old Toshirō Mifune) who is convinced that more bombs will fall and who's already making plans of moving his whole family to Brazil. The man's family on the other hand think he's insane. And then we got Dr. Harada (played by Takashi Shimura, another Kurosawa regular), a dentist who volunteers with the family court. It's a very thought-provoking movie and definitely a very good Kurosawa. Recommended!

1 year ago

Padre no hay más que uno 3 (Father there is only one 3, in English)

1 year ago

Straight Outta Compton (2015)

American biographical drama film. Surprisingly, this one was actually really good. Not being that knowledgable about all that stuff I thought it was very informative and entertaining too. The acting was great, very realistic, really felt like you're right there with them. Overall I can definitely recommend this one, even if you're not a huge fan of rap music. (Looks like I forgot to post this yesterday.)

1 year ago

Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

American action drama film. Rewatched this at the cinema again yesterday and it's still really good. Not as great as the first time around, but still worth it. And I do feel like you get the most out of a movie like that if you watch it on a huge screen with a fantastic sound system. Don't think it would come across this well on a tiny phone screen with headphones.

1 year ago

1941 (1979)

American period war epic comedy film. Fantastic cast (Dan Aykroyd, Ned Beatty, John Belushi, John Candy, Christopher Lee, Patti LuPone, John Landis, Toshirō Mifune, Dick Miller, Nancy Allen, Mickey Rourke, Lorraine Gary and more) in a very entertaining movie with lots of funny gags. Definitely worth the watch.

1 year ago

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1941)

American screwball comedy film. Yesterday I watched a movie set in 1941, today I watch one from 1941. Funny how that works sometimes. For a Hitchcock movie this isn't very good but if you just watch this as an early '40s comedy it's definitely good enough. And no, this one has nothing to do with Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005).

1 year ago

V/H/S Viral. 2/10, worst horror movie I've seen.

1 year ago

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)

American romantic action comedy film. Not a big fan of this one. I'm not a big action guy anyway and this was almost nonstop action. If you like that, good for you. It's just not my cup of tea. Still, for what it was it's good. And no, this one has nothing to do with Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1941).

1 year ago

25 km/h (2018)

German comedy drama film. Watched this yesterday. It's a nice road movie about two estranged brothers who finally embark on a road trip through Germany on mopeds that they planned when they were teenagers. Very fun watch, definitely something I can recommend.

1 year ago

Tank Girl (1995)

American science fiction film. Really cool dirty, punky, post-apocalyptic aesthetic. But I understand that it's not for everyone. I like it, someone else might hate it. Good cast (Lori Petty, Naomi Watts, Ice-T, Malcolm McDowell, Iggy Pop, Reg E. Cathey, Ann Cusack, James Hong, Doug Jones and more). Fun story (never read the comics so I can't say much more). Overall a good movie if you wanna turn off your brain for a bit.

1 year ago

A lot of the fans of the comics hated it but I found the oddball direction and cast made it a very fun watch.
The killer soundtrack didn't hurt.

1 year ago

The Electrical Life of Louis Wain (2021)

British biographical comedy-drama film. Very good cast (Benedict Cumberbatch, Claire Foy, Taika Waititi, Toby Jones, Olivia Colman, Richard Ayoade and more) in a biography about british artist Louis Wain, who was famous for his drawings of cats and later in life, was confined to mental institutions and struggled with mental illness. Good movie, Cumberbatch's performance stood out among the rest (especially when he's playing the mentally ill older Louis Wain later in the movie). Overall I can recommend this movie but I think I'll definitely also read up on the actual Louis Wain. Seems like he was an interesting guy.

1 year ago

Jimmy The Gent (1934)

American comedy-crime film. Pre-Code fun with a very good cast (mainly James Cagney and Bette Davis). Definitely recommended!

1 year ago

Mad God
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15090124/combined

Fantastic psychedelic puppet horror. Must watch.

1 year ago

Ooh, that looks like a lot of fun! Gotta put it on my watchlist.

1 year ago

Carrie(1976) - 10/10

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.