Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bone Tomahawk (2015)

American horror-western film. It's actually really good once it gets going. Amazing cast (Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson, Richard Jenkins, David Arquette, Sid Haig, Sean Young, Zahn McClarnon, Fred Melamed and more) delivering great performances. Definitely a nice spin on the western genre and I'm saying that as someone who's not a big fan of that genre. So yeah, highly recommended. It does have its fair share of gore, though. It's about cannibals after all. If that's not your cup of tea, don't watch it.

1 year ago

I loved that movie, Kurt Russel is fucking badass as usual.

1 year ago

1 year ago

An Elephant Sitting Still (2018)

Run time : 3hr 50min

A solid 7.5 out of 10.
I went in without any expectation. After starting few minutes, i got hooked. finished it in one sitting.

1 year ago

Thelma and Louise never gets old.

1 year ago

300 and 300: Rise of an Empire :) Both are relatively good and solid, first better than the second.

1 year ago

Nightbreed (1990)

American dark fantasy horror film. Most of the cast are lesser known, to me at least. But there are some big names, for example David Cronenberg (playing Dr. Philip K. Decker, a psychotherapist who's also a masked serial killer) and Doug Bradley (playing Dirk Lylesberg, a Nightbreed who acts as a law-giver) but all around good acting, even from lesser known actors. The movie kinda flopped initially from what I read, but that was due to it being marketed as just another slasher, which it isn't really. It's so much more. Definitely makes me want to read the book this is based on, which I think I actually own. Overall I can definitely recommend this!

1 year ago*

I liked the movie but the book is so much better, one of my favorites from barker.

1 year ago

God Told Me To (1976)

American science fiction horror film. It's starting off with a gunman perched atop a water tower in New York City, randomly killing pedestrians. When a detective from the NYPD climbs up to him to ask him why he did it he says "God told me to" shorty before jumping to his death. Over the next few days or so the same detective investigates a series of seemingly unpremeditated murders that follow and every time he gets the same answer. "God told me to". Overall a surprisingly good movie with a mysterious story. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City. Not much to say about it. It was inoffensively boring.

1 year ago

Hellraiser (1987)

British supernatural horror film. Rewatched this yesterday. Still iconic!

1 year ago

The Notebook-- shitty alternate ending version.
Eh,I never read the book,so I'm not sure who's to blame,but I found the relationships kind of shallow. Problematic borderline or literal romanticized domestic abuse interactions.
I don't know,it had a lot of potential to be squishy and heartwrenching. The only thing that made me feel anything was the old people stuff and they grand slam dropkicked that,so,meh. One big meh out of meh.

1 year ago

The People Under the Stairs (1991)

American horror comedy film. It's about a young boy nicknamed Fool (Brandon Quintin Adams) on his 13th birthday. Him, his big sister and their sick mother are getting evicted. They don't have any money so a friend of the family (Ving Rhames) suggests Fool and him should steal the evil landlords' rare coin collection. But after they break into that house they find stuff much worse than what they hoped for. Overall surprisingly good and with a subtext of gentrification and classism deeper than expected. Recommended!

1 year ago*

Barbarian (2022). Really good horror movie, best of the year for me. Top-notch cinematography, likeable lead and other actors like Skaarsgaard and Long nailed their parts too. It has some chilling moments and oddly enough some genuinely good laughs also. Totally recommend.

1 year ago

Ni No Kuni. Pretty good, involved some creators from Studio Ghibli. But felt a bit censored due to no blood and stuff. Kinda didn't like that but enjoyable overall.

1 year ago

Cujo (1983)

American horror film. It's not bad but I wouldn't say it's very good either. The plot is barely non-existent and the whole premise of the movie fits in a 4 word sentence. Rabid dogs attack people. Those attacks are mostly well filmed, though. Apart from when you see Cujo wag his tail after attacking someone. Some good performances, especially by Dee Wallace and Danny Pintauro who play mother and son.

1 year ago

Attack of the Herbals.

Amazing the things you get recommended sometimes. It was so BAD, and I LOVED IT!

1 year ago

Oof, it's really bad :'D

1 year ago

Im Westen nichts Neues - 7/10

1 year ago

Hobson's Choice (1954)

British romantic comedy film. Definitely more comedy than romance but I'm not complaining. It's about a shoemaker and his 3 daughters who are forced to work in his shop because they're not married. So they try and change that. Overall quite funny, which is definitely partly Charles Laughton's doing. Can recommend!

1 year ago

On the Beach (1959)

American post-apocalyptic science fiction drama film. Great cast (Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner, Fred Astaire, Anthony Perkins and more) delivering very good performances in this movie about WWIII (which happens in 1964 btw) and a mutually assured nuclear destruction of the northern hemisphere and during the events of the movie the southern hemisphere as well. What I liked was that unlike in the novel it's based on, no one is blamed for starting the war. The film just hints that it may have been because of an accident or misjudgment. Overall definitely very good for what it is. Recommended!

1 year ago

Wiener-Dog (2016)

American comedy film. Very good cast (Tracy Letts, Greta Gerwig, Kieran Culkin, Danny DeVito, Ellen Burstyn and more) delivering good performances. The movie is broken up into four parts, each part focusing on a different owner of the titular dachshund. The ending is... well, definitely not what I expected. When it premiered at Sundance in 2016 a lot of people actually walked out, just minutes before the movie was over. Because of that one scene towards the end. Not gonna spoil but I'll say that overall, despite the ~80 minutes of good movie that comes before that, I can't really recommend it. It was a very interesting movie but if you're familiar with Todd Solondz' work you might understand why this movie might not be everyone's cup of tea. If you're planning to watch this because there's a cute dog in it, don't.

1 year ago

Night of the Kings (2020)

French-ivorian-canadian-senegalese fantasy drama film. Very good performances by a (to me) mostly unknown cast. The only actor I recognized was Denis Lavant. So the movie is really more of an experience than your typical movie. It's set in an ivorian prison called "La Maca" that's ruled by its prisoners. The young guy who was sent there is being chosen as a storyteller and has to tell a story. And he does. That's pretty much all there is to this but it's fascinating. Overall I can recommend.

1 year ago

Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons - 7/10

1 year ago

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story (2022)

American biographical parody film. Well, above everything else this is just really entertaining. Obviously lots of the events portrayed in this movie didn't actually happen like that. Or at all. But who cares? This movie is a lot of fun, has a ton of well known actors in it (too many to list here) and is just all around hilarious. If you're a fan of Weird Al (and why would you watch this movie if you're not) you'll pretty quickly understand that this is parodying all of those musician biopics like Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) and Rocketman (2019) and that's what makes it so brilliant. Overall this is absolutely one of the most entertaining movies of the year so if you just want to have a good time, absolutely go and watch this! Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Weird Al said that everything in the movie is made up. It is a parody of those biographical movies of famous musicians, bands etc

1 year ago

Wendell & Wild (2022)

American stop-motion horror comedy film. Watched this yesterday and it's so good! It only just came out a week ago or so but I already feel like it's a future halloween classic. Might partly be due to the fact that it's directed by Henry Selick, who also made The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) and Coraline (2009). The stop-motion animation is amazing, the movie looks great, the characters are fun, the cast is great, the story is very good too. Overall it's really good! Highly recommended!

1 year ago

Oldboys (2009)

Danish comedy drama film. A Danish old boys/50+ football team is travelling to Sweden for a football game when they forget their goalie (Vagn) at a gas station. Trying to catch up a young criminal gives him a ride that turns into a road trip. It's just one of those heartwarming indie movies with quirky characters that makes you think about live and everything. Can recommend!

1 year ago

Top Gun Maverick.

Just got finished watching this. FAR better than I had expected.

8/10

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.