Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Shin Godzilla 2016
8/10
Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi sign this production going back to the origins. Unlike American productions, as in all Japanese films, greater weight is given to bureaucratic procedures and the human factor. Even so, being a lover of kaijus and specifically of the protagonist in question, it seems to me a great movie made with love with that classic air of movies between the Shōwa and Heisei eras.

1 year ago

Oh, absolutely. One of my favourites from the whole franchise.

1 year ago

Enola Holmes 2 - 6/10

1 year ago

See How They Run (2022)

American-British comedy mystery film. It's kind of a whodunnit about a whodunnit. So the background is the 100th performance of Agatha Christie's play The Mousetrap in 1953. Leo Köpernick, a generally disliked American director, is trying to convince the producer of the play to allow him to direct the film adaptation. Later on he's killed backstage by an unseen assailant. Now, whodunnit? Lots of people have motive, so as a viewer you'll have a lot of fun guessing and thinking about it while watching this movie. It has a great cast (Saoirse Ronan, Sam Rockwell, Adrien Brody, Ruth Wilson, Shirley Henderson, David Oyelowo and more) who all deliver very good performances. It's incredibly fun and imho as a whodunnit it works better than Knives Out (2019) did. So yeah, a very entertaining movie that I can highly recommend!

1 year ago

Eastern Promises (2007) - 10/10

Great. Sad. Disturbing. Worthy of an Oscar IMO. Now i want to see the remaining movies by David Cronenberg.

1 year ago

Bodies Bodies Bodies (2022)

American black comedy slasher film. Pretty much a single-location movie. A group of rich 20-somethings are having a party at a family mansion, but then one of them turns up dead. Now friends turn upon each other, everyone thinking the other one did it. But who actually did it? So yeah, it's suprisingly entertaining. Doesn't take itself too seriously, good performances by a solid cast (Amandla Stenberg, Rachel Sennott, Pete Davidson, Maria Bakalova, Lee Pace, Myha'la Herrold, Chase Sui Wonders Conner O'Malley), very well paced. It's a popcorn movie, sure. But overall good enough to watch once.

1 year ago*

Some Thing (2015)

German animated short film. This old independent cinema I sometimes go to always shows a short before the movie and when I went there yesterday it was no different. It's about big mountains who have oil, gold and fire in them and the little mountain just has some thing and he doesn't know what it is. You can watch the short on youtube and on vimeo, it's quite nice.

1 year ago

The Menu (2022)

American black comedy horror film. Watched this yesterday at that old independent cinema. What a movie! What an experience! Fascinating plot, has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. It's meticulously crafted, just like the courses on the menu in The Menu. All I'm gonna say is that it's a satire, it even satirizes itself all the time. It's art but not artsy, it's makes you think it's pretentious and then catches you off guard. It's funny but it's also very dark and shocking. Please go into this as blind as you can. Great movie. Or maybe it just wants you to think it is. Either way, highly recommended! Oh, and it also has a really good cast delivering great performances.

1 year ago

My Dinner with Andre (1981)

Wally, a struggling actor, talks with an eccentric former actor named Andre during dinner throughout an entire movie. Much more interesting than it sounds as the entire conversation delves into philosophical topics and Andre's anecdotes.

1 year ago

It's an amazing movie!

1 year ago

Arthur (1981)

American romantic comedy film. Arthur Bach (Dudley Moore) is an always-drunk New York City millionaire who on the brink of an arranged marriage to a rich heiress ends up falling for a common working-class girl (Liza Minnelli). In that regard this movie isn't anything very original or new, but it was actually very entertaining, mostly due to great performances by Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli, John Gielgud and more. Overall a movie I can recommend.

1 year ago

Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988)

American romantic comedy film. It's not as bad as it might seem at first. Don't know why it's rated so low. Sure, this wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the original 7 years earlier but I still liked this one a lot. There's a lot of character growth. Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli, John Gielgud and some more new cast members are still delivering great performances. I'm surprised that this movie is actually good and I can recommend it.

1 year ago

Money Train (1995)

American action comedy film. It's a decent action flick with Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson and Jennifer Lopez. Nothing particularly breathtaking, but it's a good enough popcorn movie. Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson do have good chemistry, playing brothers in this. Overall I can recommend this.

1 year ago

Office Invasion (2022)

South African action sci-fi comedy film. Best way to describe this might be "Office Space but South African and with aliens". It was surprisingly good for how low-rated it is. The cast being comprised of (to me) unknown actors was a big plus, definitely helps the immersion, even though Sechaba Ramphele kinda reminded me of Tyler James Williams a bit. But yeah, overall definitely a popcorn movie but for that it was quite good. Can recommend.

1 year ago

Doogal (The Magic Roundabout) (2005/2006)

An animated film with confusing history. Began in French and got a UK release with a cast that included Ian McKellen and Kylie Minogue. It then got a US release with a whole different cast except the aforementioned cast. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt but the story was all over the place and very convoluted. Would not recommend (unless you like hearing Jon Stewart, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jimmy Fallon act out some animals and creatures)

1 year ago

Nebenan (2021)

German dark comedy drama film. Watched this yesterday. Pretty much a single-location movie. Almost everything happens in this old corner bar in Berlin. Daniel Brühl plays Daniel, an actor, probably based on himself in some aspects. He has a flight to catch. To LA because he has a casting there. But there's still time. So he visits the bar that's just around the corner from his apartment. Orders a coffee. Has some important phone calls. Then this guy Bruno starts talking to him, reveals himself as his next door neighbour. But of course Daniel wouldn't know that. Sure, Bruno gets his packages all the time, but Daniel's assistant is always picking them up. Never Daniel himself. He's too important for that. Bruno tells him that the apartment Daniel lives in now was actually his father's. But he got forcibly removed. You know, gentrification. Bruno's stories pique Daniel's interest. He needs to catch his flight, but what Bruno tells him is just too interesting. How does he know all that?
All happening inside of a single room. Very captivating. Really more of a thriller than a comedy, even a dark one. Great performances. Highly recommended!

1 year ago*

Rise of the Guardians (2012)

American animated fantasy action-adventure film. It "tells a story about Guardians Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and the Sandman, who enlist Jack Frost to stop the evil Pitch Black from engulfing the world in darkness in a fight of dreams." Basic good vs evil stuff. But well animated, with a good cast (Chris Pine, Jude Law, Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher and more) and an alright story, if you're a kid (not too young because I feel like there's stuff that a too young kid wouldn't understand). Overall good for what it is.

1 year ago

The Pirates (2014)

South Korean period adventure film. It's funny, has good action and looks very good. Set in the 1390s, leading up to the real-life founding of Joseon, the last dynastic kingdom of Korea (1392-1897). So you do learn a bit about korean history from this movie but most of it is of course fiction. Still very entertaining nonetheless. Overall something I can recommend if you're just looking for some enjoyable pirate (and bandit) fun.

1 year ago

The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure (2022)

South Korean period adventure film. It's as good as the original. Not any better or worse imho. It's wildly successful in Korea and I can understand why. Just really entertaining and lighthearted. If you're looking for something like that, check this one out. Recommended.

1 year ago

The Swimmers (2022)

British-American-German biographical drama film. Based on a true story. Yusra and Sara Mardini are professional swimmers, especially Yusra. They're training for the Olympics but because of the war in Syria they need to flee the country. They decide on Germany but the journey there is extremely hard. Overall it's a very good movie, can recommend.

1 year ago

The Northmen (2022) - While I found it pretty enjoyable, I also found it somewhat lacking
Black Adam (2022) - Surprisingly, it was a really great watch! It was funny, the CGI was on point (except for the special effects, when the "wind lady" used her powers), tight action scenes, interesting characters. The Rock was intimidating as Black Adam. Pierce Brosnan nailed it. I was hoping to see more of Doctor Fate's power and his struggle regarding the helmet (how it can be a curse) . It had a few corny moments but it wasn't a big problem anyway

1 year ago

Bowfinger (1999)

American satirical buddy comedy film. Very good movie with a great cast (Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy (playing two different characters), Heather Graham, Christine Baranski, Robert Downey Jr., Terence Stamp and more) who are delivering very good performances, especially Eddie Murphy. The movie is about sleazy film producer Bobby Bowfinger (Steve Martin) making a small-budget movie with major star Kit Ramsey (Eddie Murphy) in the lead role, but he doesn't know that he is in the movie. Overall very funny, definitely recommended.

1 year ago

A Fistful of Kebab (1998)

Norwegian short spaghetti western style movie about a man who wants to try an extra strong kebab amid twelve armed men.

So bad it's HILARIOUS! And I LOVED it!

1 year ago

That DOES sound hilarious! Putting it on my watch list now. Also, happy cake day!

1 year ago

Where did you watch it, btw? I found it on youtube but it doesn't have any subtitles and since I don't speak swedish I can't watch it there.

1 year ago

That's where I saw it too. No sub titles.

1 year ago

Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (2021)

American mockumentary comedy-drama film. Such an adorable story. I'm not gonna write anything about what this movie is about, so you'll just have to experience it for yourself. All I'm gonna say is that it's gonna brighten even your darkest days. Highly recommended!

1 year ago

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016). "Ok" horror movie, kinda predictable and acting wasn't that great. Rated 6/10. Boring overall, not much happened until the end.

1 year ago

That one was rather meh. But the Cloverfield Paradox should have stayed as the original concept and title God Particle. It was rather good but the Cloverfield parts ruined it as they were just shoveled in.

1 year ago

Yet to see part 3. Happy cakeday! :)

1 year ago

Red notice (2021)
Entertaining movie, ok plot. 7.5/10

1 year ago

Willow - 7/10

1 year ago