Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

There's a way to change the button to customise the header/footer links? I use the ctrl button to navigate through the site, and I don't wanna remove a link accidentally again

5 years ago

There is now in v7.19.0.

5 years ago

Thanks, man

5 years ago

really love GA extractor
sadly SGTools GAs are filtered wrongly when filtered by chance as they have 0 entries and thus no chance

5 years ago

The new SGTools filter should prevent that.

5 years ago

Thanks

5 years ago

hmm, doesn't seem to work

5 years ago

Did you add an exception for it?

5 years ago

that's a workaround which works
but it would be good, if the chance for them is somehow checked correctly
I don't know if games with 0 entries generally are filtered wrongly, but if so that should be changed

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago*

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Bug: 7.18.4 (Dev.9) Fixed Sidebar.

If you scroll back to the top .esgst-fs is not reapplied when you scroll down again.

5 years ago

Fixed

5 years ago

why everytime I reload this site there's a popup to download a json file?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Hello revilheart, I wold like to suggest if it is possible a new feature that I think many wold use it:
When i reserve a bundle, I like to hide all the games from it, so i don t enter by mistake in those giveaways for games that I will activate later.
The problem is, not all the games from those bundles are in giveaways...
Is it possible to add them in the filter with out actually see a giveaway made by someone?
Thank you very much for this great add-on ^_^

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Yes, it's possible. It will be added to the next version, to the feature Multi-Manager.

5 years ago

Thank you very much! Great news!

5 years ago

Sorry to bother you again...
I've opened the multi-manager..
Selected games button

But I still need some instructions on how can I add game names or steam link to the hidden, with out them to be in created giveaways

Edit: now is working, thanks a lot!

5 years ago*

So.. as I said it's working and is great :D
I wold like you consider if it is possible to be able to also sync these hidden games with other devices, it s kind of a pain to try to remember what you have hidden on your PC and what needs to be hidden on the laptop and so on.
Thank you!

5 years ago

What do you mean? Isn't it the same account?

5 years ago

Same account, I hide all the games from Flaming Indie Bundle because I own them on my laptop.
I've made a back-up of the ESGST as usual, and put it on my Dropbox.
Got home, and imported the settings (merge) file on my PC, the games from Flaming Indie Bundle are not hidden :(
I am doing something wrong?

5 years ago

No, I don't think you did anything wrong. You mean they are not hidden by ESGST, right?

5 years ago

Yes, the games that actually did not see a giveaway made but there are hidden with ESGST.

5 years ago

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding you. Where are the games not hidden?

5 years ago

Don't worry about it, seems to be working now :D

View attached image.
5 years ago

Hi revilheart, what would be the exclusion rule so that a feature is not loaded only in the main page?
if the answer is "^/"(that's the rule i get when i click "add current") than there may be something wrong in the parser or that should not be the rule(i think this is probably the case) as it disables it everywhere.

this just became necessary in the latest update (7.19), as the divisors started appearing in my main page, instead of just in all the other pages as they doing previously

5 years ago

Probably because there was a bug with the persistance of the divisor setting and it was fixed in v7.19.0.

To exclude only the main page, you have to use this:

^/($|giveaways(?!\/(new|wishlist|created|entered|won)))

I'll fix the "Add Current" button to add that in the main page.

5 years ago

well it was working the way i had it set-up before you implemented the exclusion stuff :P
thanks for the regex rule, it would've taken me a while to figure it out :D

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Bug report time:

the extractor when loaded in a new tab is not showing the categories, enter button, etc and is also not filtering the giveaways

this error shows up a LOT:

Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.  RequestGuard.js:280:7

it seems related, not sure how

also some of those:

Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. eventPage.js:8

this one i'm sure that come from ESGST as this is the sub information: sendMessage/</< moz-extension://a4f0842d-2aed-4d94-a9f5-cbb61cea5f14/eventPage.js:8:13 for that error, the UUID(a4f0842d-2aed-4d94-a9f5-cbb61cea5f14) is of ESGST also not sure how it relates to the bug

the request guard one also shows up in the home page but i didn't detect anything not working or working incorrectly

Firefox 60.0.1 64 bit
ESGST 7.19.0
Windows 10 '1803' x64

edit: it started 2 or 3 version ago, i'm not sure. I didn't have time to do a proper report before😅

5 years ago

RequestGuard.js is not a ESGST script. Probably related to another add-on you're using.

I'll look into it, only happens in a new tab?

5 years ago

yes, the pop-out(pop-up?) works correctly

just saw this error:

TypeError: context is undefined  esgst.js:40465:5
5 years ago

found the requestguard source, it's NoScript, something in the extractor triggers it a lot more than anywhere else 😅

5 years ago

Two things worth a mention

1. Encountered an odd bug today when I revealed a won key, and many many worlds appeared in the blink of an eye

They kept spawning endlessly, one after another, in perfect symmetry, reflecting the scope of our infinite universe and its most wondrous beauty.... but also making it really hard to ever catch up with the key I needed to redeem. After I refreshed it all went back to normal though.

1. Of even greater importance..... how do I make Game Tags stop showing up on RaCharts? I couldn't find any settings to make it go back to normal without disabling them entirely, or without turning off the extension on every bundle thread.

I love the tags for the giveaway system, but they're awful for RaCharts by just cluttering things up mostly with the exact same information and without any of the elegance. The crisis of infinite earths bug (whether a one time occurrence, a conflict, or even perpetual) isn't as bad in comparison since its super easy to just refresh when it pops up.

View attached image.
5 years ago

I'll check out that bug.

You can just add ^/discussion/ to the excludes of Game Categories (gear icon next to the feature name).

5 years ago

Wow that was exceptionally quick and easy. Thanks!

5 years ago

I can't test at the moment and I'm not sure if you're still having this issue, but I added something to the latest version that might fix it. Let me know.

5 years ago

Recently I installed this script on a new PC after using an outdated version for a very very long time. Is there no way to hide single GAs (not all GAs from one game) anymore or am I just blind and can't find the setting or am I crazy and that was an option from a different script in the first place?

5 years ago

Giveaway Filters > Single Filters

5 years ago

Ohhhhh I saw that but it having a different symbol (and the same as hide all GAs) that it used to have confused me. Thank you! I heavily relay on this function

5 years ago

It has always had this symbol though, you might have been using it on a different script before.

5 years ago

The Whitelist/Blacklist Highlighter doesn't work at all for me. I don't see the icons or the highlighted
background/text (having an option to display both the icon and highlighted background/text would be nice). I did sync the data before trying it. I'm using the Firefox addon not the script.

Also can you add the highlighted background/text option to "Giveaway Copy Highlighter"? I still fail to notice the red text because I usually look at the thumbnails on the right as I scroll and don't pay as much attention to the text on the left.

5 years ago*

Can you check the includes/excludes of the feature? When you synced your data did you make sure to enable whitelist and blacklist in the sync options?

5 years ago

I guess it didn't sync properly last time even though I had WL/BL enabled in sync and in the settings. I synced it again and now it works.

Is there a feature where if you go to someone's profile it tells you if you won a GA from that person or they won from you? Sometimes I WL someone and don't remember the reason. If I went to their profile and it shows me I have won a game from them that would be helpful. And I think it would make people act nicer in general. For example if you won a GA from someone awhile ago and forgot about it, then later on you won another one and you visit their profile and you're like hey I've won multiple GAs from this person. Maybe I'll WL them. That would be nice I think.

What do you think about my suggestion for "Giveaway Copy Highlighter"? (having it for User Tags would be cool too).

Thx for the addon. This is like the most amazing addon for SG ever!

5 years ago*

User Giveaway Data has that information, but it's not immediate when you visit someone's profile (you have to click the button and let it scan all of the user's giveaways, and in the end it returns a list contaning all of the creators that the user has won from, and a lot more information, then you could search for your username in the list to see if they have won from you, and vice-versa).

I'll check the suggestion later. :)

5 years ago

Giveaways Won has a list of users but Giveaways Sent only has a list of games. I can see if he's won from me but I can't see if I've won from him.

5 years ago

You can see if you've won from him by checking your own profile.

5 years ago

Oh...well...I didn't think of that lol. I was expecting to see user names from both the Won and Sent. But you're right that works. Thanks!

5 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention another issue. The user tags on someone's profile can cause the sidebar to overlap with the Giveaways Won section when scrolling, depending on how long the user tag description is AND if you have text on the page zoomed.
https://imgur.com/mpC8uh9
https://imgur.com/Xgxahhf

It doesn't happen on Giveaways Sent page. Is it because of the " > Giveaways > Won" after the user tag?

I used another SG script that put the user tag beside your username at the top. Like this https://imgur.com/NsX30GM
I think that would be a better place if it fixes the issue since it makes the user tag more obvious.

The sidebar overlapping also happens on the main giveaway page if "Accurate Timestamps" is enabled. It's not as bad; the search bar and row lines overlap a little. But if there's a user tag next to the creator's name then the overlapping will be worse.

Edit: Oh yea even if you have User Tags disabled but have Accurate Timestamps enabled AND text is zoomed the overlapping will happen in the Giveaways Won page.

5 years ago*

Yeah, I can reproduce without User Tags. It might not even be related to Accurate Timestamps, but simply to text being zoomed in. I'll look into it when I can.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Yeah, am aware: https://github.com/revilheart/ESGST/issues/667 Haven't had much time to work on it.

5 years ago

Wow, some serious features!

Just a suggestion, maybe you could create a small screenshot showing each feature in work (when applicable).
These could be put on Github wiki..

5 years ago

That's too much work for me at the moment, especially since many features are constantly changing, and there are a lot of features. I try to make their descriptions as descriptive as possible so that a screenshot isn't needed, because screenshots get very easily outdated and changing text is far faster than taking a screenshot, editing it and uploading it.

You can edit the wiki if you want though. If each user of the script took a screenshot and posted it there, there wouldn't be such heavy work for one single person and we could get a few screenshots.

5 years ago

the option 2.5 Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details doesn't seem to work for invite only GAs anymore

5 years ago

Already aware of it.

5 years ago

It is only for me "Activate on Steam (client)" element (2.36) stopped working? The key is copied to the clipboard but nothing happens then.
Upd: It looks like steam://open/activateproduct/ stopped working for me even in a command box (Start-> Run) but other Steam protocol commands works fine =(

5 years ago*

I had same problem for a few days.

5 years ago

It might be something in the Steam client then.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

There is already an option for that.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

It has nothing to do with Discussion Filters though. It's an option in the settings menu, in the feature itself: Discussion Highlighter > Pin any highlighted discussions in the page.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Sorry for the late follow-up, but are you using any other scripts that could be conflicting?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Yeah, but I don't see how those could conflict. Are there any errors in the console log? You do know that the highlighted discussions have to be in the current page so they can be moved to the top, right?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Ohh, I see. It will be fixed in the next version.

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I tried substituting SGv2 Dark on esgst instead of using userscript but the new theme doesn't work on sgtools.

Can I also ask where to turn off fading of my own thread main post on ST+SG?

5 years ago

ESGST doesn't run on SGTools.

You can't, at the moment. All comments marked as read by Comment Tracker are faded.

5 years ago

Oh ok, thanks for the reply.

5 years ago

Lately, ESGST has been causing massive CPU lag spikes on Chrome. The other day, upon opening multiple tabs, it caused Chrome, as well as my computer, to freeze. I have an i5, and when I simply refresh a page, the CPU usage spikes up to 80 - 100%. I know for sure that it's not being caused by any of my other extensions.

5 years ago

ESGST has always been a bit heavy, to be honest, and it's usually not a good idea to open too many SG tabs when using it. But if it's been worse lately, it would be helpful if you could detect exactly which version started doing it. Do you use the userscript or extension?

5 years ago

I use the userscript. I know it's lagged sometimes in the past, but it was never this bad. The large spikes happen regardless of how many tabs I have open, and they seem to have begun in the past week or so , so I guess it started with the current, or previous version. Also, I used to be able to open multiple tabs without any problem.

5 years ago

If you could downgrade to previous versions to detect the exact version where the problem originated that would be helpful.

5 years ago

How do I downgrade?

5 years ago

It might be a bit of a nuisance: https://github.com/revilheart/ESGST/releases

If you click on the tag icon at the left of each version you can view the GitHub page at that point in time and install that version from there.

v7.18.0 was the last major change, so maybe you could try v7.17.8.

It's ok if you don't have the time to do it or don't want to do it, I can try to see what I can do.

5 years ago

I'm sorry to be a bit of a nuisance myself, but... I feel stupid for saying this, but I'm unsure about what to do exactly. I'm hardly savvy when it comes to Tampermonkey, GitHub, or anything to do with scripts. Am I supposed to download the zip? If so, what do I do once I've downloaded it?

5 years ago

No, see the image. It will take you to the GitHub page back in time, then just scroll down to the "Option 2 - Userscript" section and click the "click here" link.

View attached image.
5 years ago

I tried that, but it only takes me to the current version. That's why I was confused.

5 years ago

Well, you have to click on the tag correspondent to the version you want. If you scroll down you see all versions.

5 years ago

I did. No matter which one I click, the link takes me to the current version.

5 years ago

Replace the number in this URL with the version you want: https://github.com/revilheart/ESGST/tree/7.17.8

5 years ago

Regardless of which version I go to, clicking the 'click here' in the 'Option 2 - Userscript' section only takes me to the current version...

5 years ago

Oh ok, you didn't specify what link you were talking about, so I was confused. Try clicking on the "ESGST.user.js" file and then on "View Raw" then.

5 years ago

I tried that earlier as well, but it just causes ESGST to stop working... the button at the top of SG isn't there. I just assumed I wasn't doing something right.

5 years ago

Probably some backwards incompatibility then.

Does the recent version have any improvement or is it still doing it?

5 years ago

Still getting spikes.

5 years ago

It happens on every single page?

5 years ago

Yes. It doesn't do it on SteamTrades though.

5 years ago

What is the size of your data? Could be some overhead loading the data on each tab, which isn't a problem in the extension because the extension only loads the data once.

If you have the time, you could try backing up your settings file (so you can easily restore your settings later) and disabling some features to see if that has any impact.

5 years ago

My data is 3.57 MB. I don't use many of the settings, but I'll go through them and let you know.

5 years ago

Disabling both the giveaway bookmarks and giveaway encrypter/decrypter made a huge difference, with the encrypter/decrypter making the biggest impact. The spike percentage was cut by more than half (spikes to about 30 - 40% now). Disabling a few others made a slight difference, but nothing as significant as when disabling the two mentioned.

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

It's much better now, no more huge spikes. Thank you! (:

5 years ago

With the latest update, grid view (possibly other features I haven't yet gotten to) doesn't work. Anyone else?

Lot of errors in the console, actually. Should I just go to open a formal ticket?

5 years ago*

Userscript or extension?

5 years ago

I dunno... both? Something went bonkers at any rate. I removed the script and reinstalled. Seems to work now, but I'll have to reset my settings it looks like. I'll update again if I continue to have issues.

5 years ago

Why did you remove it and reinstalled it though? You probably lost all your data.

5 years ago

I did lose all my data, but it wasn't just your script. I checked others, and nothing worked. Restarting Chrome didn't fix, so I reinstalled your script, and then it worked, but still nothing else.

I reset all my scripts, actually, and now it's all back to normal, so I don't directly fault yours, but the update did seem to be the catalyst (but I'll reserve blame for TM over the script itself).

On another topic, since I have to reset everything, and the filters are all new, I'm having trouble hiding games I've already entered.

5 years ago

Well, sorry about that. I don't test the userscript anymore since I implemented the extension, so I just follow what's in the Greasemonkey documentation and hope it works.

Just set the Entered filter to false. I thought the new filters would be pretty straightforward, but guess not. :/

5 years ago

I think the filter may actually be the problem. I turned it off again, and no more errors, and grid view is back. I'm going to force a sync next and see if that helps.

5 years ago

You're probably not going to fix it. If you're using Tampermonkey, it might be a compatibility issue, so it won't be fixed with a sync/reset.

5 years ago

You're right. ;)

You have the error message already, so I'll leave you to that. I'll try the extension instead in a bit to see if that works better. Thanks for the tool and your support!

5 years ago

Userscript in my case:

(I'll try reinstalling as Gaffi suggested)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Ok, thanks, it shouldn't be fixed by reinstalling though, so something else happened for Gaffi.

5 years ago

The screenshot from SuperKiller2 is exactly what I saw, but again, I seem to be ok now.

5 years ago

Well you are right - reinstalling did not help. Is there anything else I can help with to identify the bug?

5 years ago

Nope, that error is all I need, thanks. I'll see if I can fix it as soon as possible.

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

Works! Thank you :)
The new filters are awesome AF. Totally worth it~~

5 years ago

Sorry for the jumbled conversation. Suddenly, grid view is no longer working again, and I'm getting the errors again.I'll keep poking around.

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

No more errors, but the filter's not working for me. Don't solve my problem. I'll take more time to look later.

Cheers! :D

5 years ago

It doesn't filter anything or the filter doesn't even appear?

5 years ago

I told you not to work on this! :P

It's been so long that I set my old filters up, I simply forgot how to do it. I'm all set now, no errors, and I see what I should see.

Thanks a thousand times.

5 years ago*

No, that's correct, but you have to configure the filter in the filter panel:

View attached image.
5 years ago

Slayed by the ninja edit. ;)

5 years ago

Ah, man. :P

5 years ago

How do you update the extension. Continuously getting that pop up is getting annoying

5 years ago

Chrome or Firefox? You know you can disable that popup, right?

5 years ago

Firefox and I can't find anyway to disable it

5 years ago

Just update then, updates are managed automatically on Firefox.

It's these two options in the settings menu under Others:

Check whether or not you are on the current version when visiting the ESGST discussion.
Check whether or not you are on the current version when visiting the main discussions page if the ESGST discussion is in the current page.
5 years ago

Ok thanks found those and for the update it was set to automatically update but didn't for some reason. I had to click "check for updates" which then showed me it had an update and I had to do it manually even though the automatic update was checked

5 years ago

Hi revilheart,
I´ve got a little problem with the filters, could you please look into this and tell me if it´s my logic or the script that is not working?

Using extension in Chrome atm (filters don´t work at all in userscript in Chrome, just showing a blank field).

Looking at the following rules, the two GAs shown in the screen should be hidden. But they are not.

Screen 1
Screen 2

5 years ago

Yeah, the userscript version is currently bugged, I'm trying to fix it.

I think your logic is flawed, why should they be hidden? Maybe you meant to use AND in the second group? The way it is, it's saying:

Show giveaways that are:

Not Owned AND Not Entered AND Not Previously Won AND (DLC OR Copies >= 3 OR Group OR Level >= 5 OR (Entries < 300 AND Minutes To End < 30))

5 years ago

Ah, wait, maybe my logic is the flawed one. I'll look into it.

5 years ago

Ok, thanks for looking into it, because even after looking at your written version of my filters above, my logic still looks flawless to me, and I´m still sure that these settings should hide the 2 shown GAs.

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

Still the same.

5 years ago

Odd, I tested it here, and no giveaways with less than 300 entries appeared...

5 years ago

no giveaways with less than 300 entries appeared

??

5 years ago

The opposite, sorry, I'm saying everything wrong today. :P

No giveaways with more than 300 entries appeared.

5 years ago

No problem, this can be so confusing :D

That´s weird because for me it doesn´t work.
Furthermore, I just deleted this rule to make it less complicated. So now I got this setup:

Not Owned AND Not Entered AND Not Previously Won AND (DLC OR Copies >= 3 OR Group OR Level >= 5)

Let´s do a example, the following giveaway is showing but shouldn´t:
Max Payne 3

step-by-step:
Not Owned = Pass
Not Entered = Pass
Not Prev Won = Pass

-> So now it just has to pass one of the rules in brackets to be shown:

DLC = FAIL
Copies >= 3 = FAIL
Group = FAIL
Level >= 5 = FAIL

This leads to: PASS AND PASS AND PASS AND FAIL
-> Result is FAIL, GA should be hidden. But it is still shown.

5 years ago

Ok, I'll try to reproduce, but I think the issue may be with the DLC filter, since it's a category filter. Do you have Game Categories enabled?

5 years ago

Removed the DLC rule = still the same problem.

Yes Game Categories is enabled. I just tried to disable it. The result was that filters completely stopped working.

5 years ago

Should be working in the latest.

5 years ago

Working perfectly fine now! Really great improvement, I love the new filters!
Thank you for your awesome work 😊

Just one more thing about them, no error, just a feature request:
Can you add a filter option for DLC for "Base-game owned"?

The purpose would be to combine this with the DLC (non-free base) option.
Like this:

Base-game owned AND DLC (non-free base)

So I would only see DLCs where I own the base OR where the base is free.
Or is something like this already implemented and I just don´t see it?

5 years ago

I really don't understand how to configure my filters so thanks for examples.

5 years ago

"Why would you try to fix something if it is not broken?"

Why the need for this update which apparently forces us to reconfigure ALL of our settings again, from scratch, due to some incompatibility issue...?!?

Not to mention that a lot of features apparently don't work...just, why?

5 years ago*

I wasn't trying to fix anything and nothing was broken. The new filters are an improvement, not a fix.

This update only "forces" you to reconfigure your filters. All your other settings should be fine.

The userscript version is currently broken.

5 years ago

Improvement, you say? Then how come the filters (which you apparently deemed fit to "improve") do not work anymore?

"The userscript version is currently broken."

You think?

5 years ago*

Yes, it's an improvement.

Like I said, the userscript version is currently broken and I'm trying to fix it.

If you're going to complain, you can leave this thread, please. I don't have time for negativity today.

5 years ago

So you're associating "improvement" with "broken" while at the same time confusing reality with negativity.

And what should I do? Thank you for not leaving things the way they were (in working condition)?

5 years ago

The main development channel of ESGST is the extension. The userscript is not my priority and I don't perform any tests in the userscript version before releasing a new version. And the filters are not broken in the extension (there might be a small logic fault in them, but they're essentially working). And yes, the filters are an improvement. Even if they're broken in the userscript, the new filters are an improvement from the old ones. Them being broken doesn't change that.

It's not reality, you're just whining about it while you can clearly see from the comments above that I'm already aware of the issue and trying to fix it.

Why don't you go ahead, learn Javascript and develop your own script then?

Seriously, some people... I'm here trying my best to fix this as soon as possible and you're just too ungrateful and impatient to wait?

5 years ago

"you're just too ungrateful and impatient to wait"

Try frustrated and/or irritated because we live in a time where everything apparently "needs" to be updated constantly and sooner or later (sooner...) bugs surface.

I miss the old days...

5 years ago

Nothing "needs" to be updated constantly. If you want to stay in old buggy and optimized versions, suit yourself. It's not hard to disable automatic updates. Then you can go back to your old days.

The nerve of some people...

5 years ago

If you want to stay in old buggy and optimized versions, suit yourself. It's not hard to disable automatic updates.

Done. Also, "buggy" and "optimized"? Optimized clearly means it's not buggy...

The nerve of some people...
Seriously, some people...

Starting to sound like a broken record here.

5 years ago

Also, "buggy" and "optimized"? Optimized clearly means it's not buggy...

I meant to say unoptimized.

Anyway, the userscript version should be working fine with v7.20.1.

5 years ago

Indeed it is. Thank you.

5 years ago

Hey, thanks for offering something pretty significant to the community for free!

That might come across a little less rude, TBH.

5 years ago

Thanks for you hard work, don't think I would use this site if it was not here for us to use. I use Opera and I don't know if I can use the extension so I have been using Tampermonkey. I understand that you need to focus on the platform you support officially. But if you can fix the issue with the userscript version it would very much be appreciated.

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

Perfect!

5 years ago

"The userscript version is currently broken." - you think?

Really, just leave please. I don't need this attitude.

5 years ago

And I didn't need the update, but I still got it regardless.

And sarcasm is merely another form that truth takes sometimes.

Anyway, can I at least have another form of filtering? I only need the "Region Restricted" and "Minutes to end" filters and I'd love to know the text needed in the address bar to filter giveaways accordingly (I'm already using "search?type=wishlist&level_max=?&level_min=?").

5 years ago*

You didn't need to use the script either. And you could have turned off automatic updates if not having a script in working condition for a few moments is such an end of the world for you.

If you know anything about ESGST is that it's in constant development and things break all the time, but I try to fix them as soon as I can, and I could be devoting this time I'm writing these useless replies to that right now if you weren't such a pain in the ass.

5 years ago

Anyway, can I at least have another form of filtering? I only need the "Region Restricted" and "Minutes to end" filters and I'd love to know the text needed in the address bar to filter giveaways accordingly (I'm already using "search?type=wishlist&level_max=?&level_min=?").

region_restricted=true for region restricted giveaways.

"Minutes to End" is a ESGST-exclusive filter and does not work URL-based.

5 years ago

region_restricted=true

Thank you.

"Minutes to End" is a ESGST-exclusive filter and does not work URL-based.

Understood.

5 years ago*

Quick enter/leave buttons have stopped showing up for me (kinda like the main feature monkaS).
Tried to disable the option and re-enable it, didn't fix it unfortunately.

5 years ago

Try the latest.

5 years ago

fixed, thank you :)

These patch days must be really stressful for you 😨

5 years ago

Just a bit. It's what I get for wanting to release cool new features too soon. :P

5 years ago

Where is the option to automatically remove giveaways after you enter them? Not this faded option.

5 years ago

If you were in the userscript version, the filters weren't working. Try the latest. You will have to reconfigure your filters because the filter system was changed. Just set Entered to false and save.

5 years ago

On Firefox, I am unable to select a filter. I select the icon to get a list of filters but I am unable to select anything. I had this problem a long time ago, but you fixed it then, it appears to have returned.

Also, on this thread it keeps saying I don't have the latest version, but updating does not give me anything new (I have 7.20.0).

5 years ago

AMO takes a while to update the Firefox extension.

Should be up by now.

5 years ago

OK, it updated to 7.20.1 but I am still unable to select a filter, and now there are two "Default" filters and a "DefaultGe" filter that I don't know why is there.

5 years ago

Two identical "Default" filters? That shouldn't happen, but "DefaultGe" is normal. Every time you access a different type of page, a default filter is generated for that page, "DefaultGe" being the default generated filter for Giveaway Extractor.

By select you mean apply a filter?

5 years ago

Yes, I guess apply a filter, I click on the icon on the home page to select a filter, I get a filter list, but I am unable to select any of them. The pointer turns to a hand over the filter name, but clicking does nothing. By the way I am still using Firefox 56.0.2.

EDIT: I do have two "Default" filters listed on that pop-up, I don't know if they are the same since I cannot select either of them.

EDIT2: If I click and drag on a filter name, it allows me to reorder the filters, but cannot select any of them by clicking.

EDIT3: Popup window is labeled "Manage Presets:".

5 years ago*

Nothing in the browser console? I just tried on Firefox and it worked fine.

5 years ago

Error: Incorrect data object passed query-builder.min.js:3:41486 Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. ExtensionCommon.jsm:304 Error: Incorrect data object passed query-builder.min.js:3:41486 Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. ExtensionCommon.jsm:304

5 years ago

Also in GA extractor window, if I edit the DefaultGe filter, and add "Level less or equal" or "Level greater or equal" it does not work. "Level less" and "Level greater" seem to work fine.

5 years ago

Yeah this is the line that appears in the log each time I click on a filter:

Error: Incorrect data object passed query-builder.min.js:3:41486

I didn't realize that multiple clicks just made the red number increase next to that line rather than putting multiple copies in the log.``

5 years ago

Can you delete the presets and refresh the page to see if they're generated correctly this time?

5 years ago

I deleted all my presets and then refreshed. Only "Default" was there. I then went to GA extractor on a train. I then refreshed the home page again and clicked on the filter to get the pop-up and I now see "Default" and "DefaultGe". I am unable to select either of them and the enabled filter remains as "Default".

5 years ago

Check the latest. It should now go through. If it doesn't, try deleting one more time and if it doesn't work I'll come back to this later.

5 years ago

Still not working. Now if I select a filter the pop-up window goes away, but it does not appear to do anything. The filter is not changed.

5 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that with the latest release, all my problems seem to be fixed (at least at first glance). Thanks for your quick repairs!

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.