SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

knsys, there's an issue with guns of icarus.
the beta was given away and later the full game, but both use the same ID so it shows up in multiple wins.

beta: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/Jc46L/
full game: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/WcDZ1/

example (let me know if you need the real name to test it)

8 years ago

Interesting... how come they have the same ID? That is really strange :\

I'll add an exception to beta's once I have time :)

8 years ago

I made a quick change to ignore Beta games from Multiple Wins checker.

Could you check the problematic user again?

8 years ago

I cant see the type box where you type the username. I'm n an ipad if that helps.

8 years ago

Which ipad and which iOS version? I can see it fine with my ipad2 and ipad air 2.

When you say "can't see the type box" what do you mean exactly? It's not there?

8 years ago

I've give away 8 games, but the calculator sees only 7 , why ?? Is taking more time to refresh ? http://www.sgtools.info/sent/LightManIs

8 years ago

Extracted from Contribution Levels FAQ:

If a giveaway is invite only, or for a whitelist or Steam group, it will only add value towards your level if it receives 5 or more entries.

You can read the rest here. Btw a private giveaway with only 1 entry seems kind of... strange

8 years ago

for the whitelist
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron http://store.steampowered.com/app/71167

8 years ago

Done, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

"CoH 2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces" seems to be a false positive.
Knsys, could you add it to the whitelist?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287370/

8 years ago

8 years ago

The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom: Deluxe Gold Edition
old id points to the new store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/48210/
new: http://store.steampowered.com/app/901249/

8 years ago

Done :)

Thanks for the reports Mullins

8 years ago

Probably not a false positive, but I had a winner who has Dishonored GOTY (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/31292/) showing as unactivated, while he has Dishonored (RU) (http://steamcommunity.com/app/217980) in his library.

8 years ago

That is... problematic.

It was a region restricted giveaway?

8 years ago

I don't think so. There's nothing in the giveaway the marked it as such.

8 years ago

My guess would be that Steam simply transformed the ROW key into an RHCP one (RU if you like it that way) due to Beth being an arse. And since, similarly to Fallout NV, Dishonored has 2 store pages (RU and ROW), the tool shows the ROW version as unactivated.

8 years ago

Steam does convert the gifts? That's a really bad move on their part.

The whole problem is that he/she won a Row game, the tool looks at the package (it's actually a package) and checks one by one the elements of the package against the user's own games. Since the package was RoW, it looks for the RoW version of Dishonored, that's why it can't find it.

The question is, that user really activated the RoW gift? Or he just had the RU version an used that to avoid activating that gift in particular?

8 years ago

As I said, it's based on the assumption that the winner activated his won copy. I'm not gonna hurl accusations without knowing the case, but it is a fact that the RHCP lock on Beth games is a bit more complicated than the average one (long story short: Beth one said fcuk central and eastern Europe, some small Russian company came and offered to distribute TES, FO and Dishonored, Beth agreed but forced a region lock, separate store page and community hub and of course same price as for ROW).

8 years ago

Let's see if we get more reports about more bethesda games changing from RoW to RU on redeem.
Since it's a "Goty" edition and people always look at those for false positives we can leave it like it's now until we get proper intel.

8 years ago

I just encountered a similar issue with another Bethesda game. I see a user who has "Fallout: New Vegas" shown as not activated, but he/she does have it in their library.

The version marked by sgtools as unactivated: https://steamdb.info/app/22380/
The version in this user's library: https://steamdb.info/app/22490/

8 years ago

So it seems that it's a real problem for Bethesda games.

The problem is that if we want to solve it in a nice way, we should create an appid equivalence table for all problematic games manually.
I'll do the implementation part when I get some free time, so if you know more cases just write them here to add them later.

Thanks for the report :)

8 years ago

Fallout 4 is another Bethesda game that gives false positives, but I think the reason is that it's not out yet, so users can't have it in their library even if they won the game. They need to wait for it to be publicly available. In the last few days I encountered several profiles of good members who have this issue.

8 years ago

Yes this is a problem with all pre-released games, nobody owns them because they are not public but they have and appid. So at the end the tool sees that you won a game with XXXX appid and you don't have it in your owned list, so it marks it as not received.

Common sense tells you that this game in particular is not for sale yet, so I don't think anybody will miss a name like FO4. I can temporally whitelist it like Mighty number 9, but FO4 release is near the corner, right?

8 years ago

You're right. It's best that people would use common sense, only problem is that it's not common enough ;-)

I assume there's no API that allows you to identify games that are in pre-release state?

8 years ago

There is a release date in FO4 json, I'll look if it's something just for pre-released games or if it's general.

Right now I cache apps, so if it's something that is shared across all games, I'll add a field in the db for it.

8 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for looking into this :-)

8 years ago

New pre-releases games entries in db will work automatically (not showing as not activated untill it's release date).
Old ones have to be marked by hand until I have time to think and write a decent cron-job to auto-update them in batches without interfering with sgtools service (yes, server's hardware is that tight and it has a 6k appid's cache right now).

8 years ago

Great stuff! Much appreciated! :-)

8 years ago

Valve couldn't solve it in a nice way, and this thing actually causes massive issues in the client.

8 years ago

You can have both editions active, but it causes the client to completely go bonkers, and all users who experience this issue (people from our region getting a ROW key or someone buying from Russians) MUST get one of them removed. And Valve usually removes the one not for your region, no matter what you ask.

8 years ago

Valve never stops to amuse me, how can they be that incompetent? I mean they are a huge and extremely successful business...

Their API is a mess, but what's outside of the API is not much better. Yesterday looking at the tool's logs I found that several packages include the same game more than once!

8 years ago

It's because their system is built so one can game have several repositories for regional differences, but they never calculated that two games can have the exact same name because a publisher demands this way. I mean look at Capcom, they have two rather different versions on the RE games in the store, but they never asked for separate appIDs, Steam itself does all the work based on geolocation and credit card region.
But no, Bethesda was adamant on this, because this was the only way to delay the release of the games in the CIS region (which, according to their rather strange map, encompasses several EU countries…).

8 years ago

Thanks to Yirg pointing it out.
Its me having false showing not activated "Fallout: New Vegas" would appreciate if it would get fixed :)

8 years ago*

Is it currently broken?

8 years ago

Looks like so, I get no stats :c

8 years ago

Server's DNS still points the domain to old IP, that's why it gets no data at all.

PING steamgifts.com (65.98.60.250) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from web.steamgifts.com (65.98.60.250): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=85.3 ms
$ telnet 65.98.60.250 80
Trying 65.98.60.250...
Connected to 65.98.60.250.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1
host: www.steamgifts.com

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 22:20:11 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:52:41 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 2310
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<p class="description">Maintenance. We'll be back soon.</p>

So it should correct itself in some hours. If by tomorrow it's still not fixed I'll force the resolution of the domain to the new ip manually for some days.

8 years ago

Can there be added checkbox for not counting won GAs if it had less than required number of entries for "real won CV"? after all total real won CV of everyone should be equal to total real sent CV. Not mentioning the "5+ copies", that would be a bit problematic in this.

8 years ago

Implemented in the last version!

8 years ago

yay, thank you so much :3

8 years ago

I've been putting this off, but I feel like I should mention it now before I get blacklisted by more people. ;)
Mighty No. 9 keeps getting delayed, so even though I have activated it, it shows up as a false positive. While it does show up in my own library, it does not show up when you try to look for whether or not I own it in my list of games.
Not sure what can be done about it since it seems like it's more of a Steam problem, but still worth mentioning. :)

8 years ago*

Added to the whitelist, can you please remind me to remove it once it gets released on steam? :)

8 years ago

Will do, thank you for the quick update!

8 years ago

Looks like I'm flagged again as having a non-activated win.
Can you please whitelist this again? I'll let you know when if it ever gets released on Steam. :)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314710/

8 years ago

Done! I extended the release date until end of the year, since they don't put a fixed release date on steam and let's assume it, HL3 will be released before Mighty Number 9 :P

8 years ago

Mighty No. 9 has finally been released, I'm free from this curse!
Thanks for all your hard work, knsys!

7 years ago

If anyone give you grief about it, you may refer them to this post. As of February 11, 2016, you are a member in good standing and have no known rules violations.

8 years ago

The tooltip report on total value split doesn't seem to be working for me any more. For instance, when I hover over my total, I get an alt text of "1,545.35#321.86#105.00#299.00" instead of the nice table I used to get. Have I messed something up?

The Chrome console shows:
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).tooltip is not a function tooltipbd.js:20

8 years ago

Thanks for the report, working again

8 years ago

Thanks for a great tool, much appreciated...

Can you please add a description on "Non Activated" page, explaining other reasons that can give false positive like:

Steam downtime: https://steamstat.us/ and
Private profiles: http://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/qlRXQHX

While I was checking some profiles lately I've come to those and checking manually differed from listed. Adding that reasons might save tickets for the ones who could not think those might be why the profile they checked gives false non-activated wins.

Thanks again.

8 years ago

I checked my username and the OP username and got many false positives so it seems to me it's broken right now.

8 years ago

It's broken for me too. Right now all of my won gifts show up as false positives there.

8 years ago

Yeah, same here. I just took a look at my own profile on there a few minutes ago, and it showed that I had a bunch of non-activated wins, which made me go "Wait, what? All of these are activated on my account, wtf?!?"

Hopefully they are able to figure out the cause of this and get it fixed. Also, hopefully people using it do some due diligence and don't haul off blacklisting and reporting people because the tool is currently slightly bugged.

8 years ago

The problem is on Steam API end :\

Steam is failing to give proper service those last days and that affects the tool (gives partial info or no info at all).

8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I added Steam and Steamgifts downtime and private profiles info.

8 years ago

wonder, how many users beeing blacklisted during this event? :D :D :D

8 years ago

I should hope nobody acts based solely on the information provided by these tools and that any actions are taken only only after this information has been personally verified.

8 years ago

Keep up the good work guys..
BTW.. somehow there is script error for me right now.. half of my winning are showing not activated.. i hope it's fixxed soon before i get someone's blacklist ;b

8 years ago

Unfortunately it's not a problem on sgtools end, steam api is responding badly to request (partial info or no info at all).

8 years ago

false positive: Guild Wars Trilogy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/29570

8 years ago

Done, thanks for the report

8 years ago

Something appears off. Currently showing quite a few games (not DLC) under the DLCs Wins that appears as not activated section.

8 years ago

I've changed how packages are checked, so it's possible.

Can you add me to steam and send me some names that trigger the bug?

EDIT: Fixed, thank for the report!

8 years ago*

This site uses a whitelist for not showing those games, if you find one please report it in the Official forum thread.

I found a user where your tool says that "Trine 2: Complete Story" isn't activated.
After checking his profile, I found Trine 2 in his games list.

8 years ago

Can you link me to the appid the user has and the one that he won? Trine 2 made a strange movement when releasing the Complete Story and I'm quite sure there is a mess with appids. Now on the store I can only find complete story so if you have the appids at hand please post them here.

8 years ago

I'm not complete sure what you mean. I hope this is the info you seek for:
The game (Trine 2: Complete Story) that sgtools shows as not activated links to:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/
The game from his game list (Trine 2) also redirects to the same page.
(http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/)

So I guess the answer is 35720 for both.

8 years ago

Yeah this error comes from Goblin Menance and Complete Story "not so complete" sharing the same appid.

I'll add it to the whitelist, thanks for the report

8 years ago

Check vs Mate shows up as a false positive when mapped to Battle vs Chess, but since the names are dissimilar, I thought it really hadn't been activated and asked for a re-roll of the winner of a recent GA of mine.

Is there a way to have the tool look for both if Check vs Mate is supposed to be activated?

https://steamdb.info/app/211070/
https://steamdb.info/app/211050/

8 years ago

It's on the way, a similar thing happens when RU people activate a RoW package from bethesda. They get the RU version of the base game added to their account instead of the corresponding RoW one.

When I have some free time I'll make an equivalence table

8 years ago

I love this tool but I feel like there should be the same requirements as the won ratio. For example, if I give away a game and only 4 people enter I don't get CV, but the person that wins it gets full CV for the game they win. I feel this isn't fair on the winner (This has also happened to me). It just makes tracking ratio difficult because I tend to forget about that factor :/

8 years ago*

Now won games will only show and count private/group/whitelist giveaways with 5+ entries and all public giveaways (the same as sent games).

8 years ago

Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series shows up as a false positive.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/376870

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

8 years ago

A possible false positive for you... I only found out because I was blacklisted by a few people for it.

I won King Arthur Collection which no longer has its own store page.

and it says I don't have:

King Arthur II: The Role-Playing Wargame http://store.steampowered.com/app/24480
I don't have a win for that game.

Thanks for the tool though. It's amazing.

8 years ago

It does have a store page here.

As you can see "King Arthur II: The Role-Playing Wargame" is part of the package and that's why the tools tries to find it in your library.

Steamcharts reports activity for the game, so that game should be visible from the API. Can you check that you really have it? Maybe the giveaway owned didn't give you the whole package?

8 years ago

That collection has a whole bunch of individual games and DLC. I have one item in my steam account called "King Arthur Collection"

View attached image.
8 years ago

Added to whitelist, thanks for the report.

PS: Happy Cakeday!

8 years ago

hey, seems like there is an error, i got lvl and sg tools said i am still lvl 3 (probably SG fixed something with bundled games date or fixed change of cv according to change game steam price)

8 years ago

It should be fixed once the bundled cache list auto-updates next time.

Now bundle cache expects changes in bundled date, before it was assuming changes would never happen.

8 years ago

Dawn of Discovery™ is showing up as not activated on SGTools for me because it activates as Anno 1404, and indeed this is what it will show up as on my games list. I believe it's a difference between North America and Europe.

Store pages:
Dawn of Discovery™ - http://store.steampowered.com/app/33210/
Anno 1404 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/33250/ (which is where the store link from my library takes me) (it then seems to redirect to the dawn of discovery store page)

Further info on game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_1404

8 years ago

Whitelisted Dawn of Discovery until I find time to create the "related" engine

8 years ago

Much appreciated!

8 years ago

Why Steam Authorization?

8 years ago

It's useless right now (apart from displaying your avatar), it'll have some use in the future.
You don't have to use it for any of the tools that are online right now :)

8 years ago

I thought so) Since there is now the practical not saw the benefits of this feature)
And in the future we plan to counter for those who want to register? To be seen as a more appreciated game.
Sorry for my bad english

8 years ago

Hey there, I am getting a false positive in non-activated wins. The game in question is the Pirates of Black Cove which in my library shows as the Pirates of Black Cove Gold. Thank you for your awesome work!

Game on store
The version in my library has no store page.

8 years ago*

Pirates of the Black Cove Gold is actually a different product that is no longer in the store. If that is the game you received then the giveaway was mis-identified.

8 years ago

Well, that's annoying but there is not helping it now I guess. Thanks for the info.

8 years ago

Since "pirates of the black cove gold" is a super-set of "pirates of the black cove" you are fine.

I'm testing the equivalence function and when it's finished it should be marked as activated.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.